Mac eyeshadow palettes

sam515
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mac eyeshadow palettes

Post by sam515 »

I've often considered getting a quad or even the 15 count shadow palette. Anyone else have one and is it worth it??

lyssa123
Debater
Debater

Re: Mac eyeshadow palettes

Post by lyssa123 »

sam515 wrote:I've often considered getting a quad or even the 15 count shadow palette. Anyone else have one and is it worth it??
Are you planning on making your own? I have 3 quads from various collections and love them because you can create a full eye look with just those colors. I also have 3 of the 15 count palettes that I made myself after a few years of collecting. I like having all of my eye shadows in one place so I don't have to try and find single shadows in my collection.

The palettes and inserts themselves are inexpensive, and buying the shadows in the pans instead of in the full packaging is cheaper.

sam515
Learner
Learner

Post by sam515 »

Yeah, I want to make my own. So which way is it cheaper?

lyssa123
Debater
Debater

Post by lyssa123 »

sam515 wrote:Yeah, I want to make my own. So which way is it cheaper?
The palette with the insert is $10, and each empty pan is $10. So 15 pans plus the palette comes out to $160. 15 individual eyeshadows, priced at $16, would come out to $240. So going the palette route is definitely cheaper! Plus imo it's way more convenient.

xyewrminex
Talker
Talker

Post by xyewrminex »

To be honest you're better of getting a Z palette and filling it up with MakeUp Geek eyeshadows. MAC's eyeshadow pigmentation is hit and miss in my experience. I own a quad and 15x palette with are a mix of MAC and MUG eyeshadows.

lyssa123
Debater
Debater

Post by lyssa123 »

xyewrminex wrote:To be honest you're better of getting a Z palette and filling it up with MakeUp Geek eyeshadows. MAC's eyeshadow pigmentation is hit and miss in my experience. I own a quad and 15x palette with are a mix of MAC and MUG eyeshadows.
I've also heard very good things about MakeUp Geek shadows. I don't own any, which is why I didn't mention them in my previous posts.

Z Palettes are awesome. A little more expensive, but you can fit way more into them because they do not require an insert.

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

Get a Z Palette or something similar to it, as suggested above.

Fill it up with MAC shadows, MakeUp Greek, what ever you prefer. Depot old shadows and blushes. They are the best!
I have an empty MAC quad that I'll sometimes use for travel so I can have more room in my make up bag.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

KathyWhite10
Learner
Learner

Post by KathyWhite10 »

I have one MAC 15 eyeshadow palette and I'm really enjoying it so far! I buy the pan forms because they're cheaper than the pot form eyeshadows. I've heard many great things about the MUG eyeshadows too!

Return to “MAC”