So I emailed Ingrid's agent....

idonteven
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: So I emailed Ingrid's agent....

Post by idonteven »

Bringing this back up because my friend owns her own clothing line. After she sold at vidcon this year for the first time she's been reaching out to youtubers to get them to wear her stuff. for ingrid it's $5000 for either a instagram or twitter post or $50,000-80,000 for a youtube video. Nuts

VeronicaSawyer

So I emailed Ingrid's agent....

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

idonteven wrote:Bringing this back up because my friend owns her own clothing line. After she sold at vidcon this year for the first time she's been reaching out to youtubers to get them to wear her stuff. for ingrid it's $5000 for either a instagram or twitter post or $50,000-80,000 for a youtube video. Nuts

That is batshit insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CuriousCat3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CuriousCat3 »

^^perfect gif hahah.

BUT OMG DAMN!!!! you literally cannot trust anything they say

pussyglitter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pussyglitter »

Yeah, they should just call it "Monthly Sponsored Products" or "Monthly Sponsored Empties". These channels are nothing but adverts. Aren't there laws against this kind of crap?

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

If these girls get so much money for mentioning a product in a video I wonder how much money real celebrities get (e.g. the Pretty Little Liars girls regularly get a ton of stuff from Nike, Wildfox, Rebecca Minkoff and other designers, they just post a picture on instagram, tagging the company/designer and thanking them).

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

I seriously get that they make a shit ton, but I'm really questioning 50-80k for just one video. What would she have to do for that price cause like think about how many gurus of Ingrid level Nume sponsors, there's no way they can afford that plus all the lower down ones they have to pay was as well. Is the 50-80k maybe for a year's deal mentioning it so often or something cause I just don't see how that works for only 1 video.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

sunshine21 wrote:If these girls get so much money for mentioning a product in a video I wonder how much money real celebrities get (e.g. the Pretty Little Liars girls regularly get a ton of stuff from Nike, Wildfox, Rebecca Minkoff and other designers, they just post a picture on instagram, tagging the company/designer and thanking them).
Kim kardashian is paid 10k to tweet. The Jenner sisters are paid around 5k to tweet. Both have way more followers than Ingrid.

idonteven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by idonteven »

Yeah I know it seems nuts. My friend's clothing line is pretty small, so no way she'd ever be able to afford the price for ingrid to make a youtube video. But the way she explained it to me was it's 50,000 for ingrid to mention it in a video and 80,000 for an entire video. I mean I guess if you really wanted you could make a fake company and email her yourself? haha.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

That just seems like an extremely steep price for just one video. Shouldn't she be like a freaking multi-millionaire by now considering how many products she mentions in EVERY video that she's so obviously paid to promote?

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

idonteven wrote:Yeah I know it seems nuts. My friend's clothing line is pretty small, so no way she'd ever be able to afford the price for ingrid to make a youtube video. But the way she explained it to me was it's 50,000 for ingrid to mention it in a video and 80,000 for an entire video. I mean I guess if you really wanted you could make a fake company and email her yourself? haha.
I don't understand. Your friend can't afford to pay Ingrid's price but she will still pay 50-80k?

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

I don't believe your friend/you. There's just no way its that steep, and there's no indication of that much from any youtuber. Also let's think about it this way at that rate Ipsy pays Ingrid $960k a year and she's not the only they have to pay.

If your friend is telling the whole truth I question who she contacted then and wonder if she was given a bogus number because they weren't taking her seriously, for example if she just approached them at vidcon and seem like a nosey fan, there are some people that might give a sarcastic answer.

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

^ there are certain websites where you can "get a deal" e.g. If you make a video about Nume or the Travelo you'll get around 500$/video (There's a screenshot in amarixe's thread). And I think Michael Todd, Ipsy, FAB etc are annual contracts. So Big Frame will get 20.000$ (Or maybe 50.000 nowadays) once, gives Ingrid her share (maybe half of it or max 3/4) and all Ingrid has to so is mentioning it regularly for a year. I don't think companies would pay that much money PER video or mention.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

I understand BigFrame gets their cut but do you really think a company like Ipsy has a annual marketing budget big enough to pay multiple gurus over half a million dollars?!

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

sunshine21 wrote: I don't think companies would pay that much money PER video or mention.
They absolutely would. Not 50k, but 20k per sponsored video is very reasonable. Not for a product mention, but for a full video with a product demonstration, disguised sales pitch, and coupon code. There was proof on the old GG that hollyannaeree was paid 16k by some unknown skincare company ( I forgot the name) for just ONE video. The proof came straight off of the sponsor's website so it was legit. Holly's views at the time were 150-200k per video.

sadielicious13
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sadielicious13 »

an0n wrote:I don't believe your friend/you. There's just no way its that steep, and there's no indication of that much from any youtuber. Also let's think about it this way at that rate Ipsy pays Ingrid $960k a year and she's not the only they have to pay.

If your friend is telling the whole truth I question who she contacted then and wonder if she was given a bogus number because they weren't taking her seriously, for example if she just approached them at vidcon and seem like a nosey fan, there are some people that might give a sarcastic answer.
Yep-totally agree, also I'm sure that information is confidential, that would be like randomly calling someone's employer and asking how much they make....nope don't believe it.

idonteven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by idonteven »

Username wrote:
idonteven wrote:Yeah I know it seems nuts. My friend's clothing line is pretty small, so no way she'd ever be able to afford the price for ingrid to make a youtube video. But the way she explained it to me was it's 50,000 for ingrid to mention it in a video and 80,000 for an entire video. I mean I guess if you really wanted you could make a fake company and email her yourself? haha.
I don't understand. Your friend can't afford to pay Ingrid's price but she will still pay 50-80k?
No. I was just further explaining the way it was broken down.

socialight
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socialight »

sunshine21 wrote:^ there are certain websites where you can "get a deal" e.g. If you make a video about Nume or the Travelo you'll get around 500$/video (There's a screenshot in amarixe's thread). And I think Michael Todd, Ipsy, FAB etc are annual contracts. So Big Frame will get 20.000$ (Or maybe 50.000 nowadays) once, gives Ingrid her share (maybe half of it or max 3/4) and all Ingrid has to so is mentioning it regularly for a year. I don't think companies would pay that much money PER video or mention.
MTTO usually offers commission, if you use their coupon codes to safe yourself x% then the youtuber probably makes 10-15% of the sales. In that case, the payment is variable, not fixed.

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

^ yeah, but it's still a contract for a whole year. Several youtubers said that they have to leave the coupon code in the info box for a year as that was the deal.

Post by Guest »

I know NONE of this should surprise me, but DAMN... these $$$ figures are blowing my mind. I chose the wrong major in school.

Now I'm old as balls. :(

Scarlett_mason1
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Scarlett_mason1 »

Lol

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”