maceyeshadowcombos / My Eyeshadow Consultant / Zabrena

bebbeh
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

maceyeshadowcombos / My Eyeshadow Consultant / Zabrena

Post by bebbeh »

I've searched and searched and I can't find that a thread had been made about this chick. Mods please delete if I'm wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/user/macshadowcombos
http://www.myeyeshadowconsultant.com/

When I first started watching Zabrena I really liked her. Her eyeshadow is ON POINT. She is seriously skilled with application and putting colors together. I love her pictures on her blog though they're pretty obviously photoshopped. I also like how she doesn't look like a barbie doll but a real person.

As time goes by though certain things have begun to drive me nuts.

1. Yes, her eyeshadow looks awesome, but aside from switching up colors, she seriously does the same shit every single time. In the same order, with the same brush. Always the same thin black eyeliner and false lashes. She never does winged liner, alternative eyeshadow shapes or anything different/interesting. Would it kill her to get creative and do something different with her shadow/liner? I thought that was what her channel was about, doing things you wouldn't normally think to do?

2. On her blog she has a 'membership' fee and if you pay it you can see certain posts/pictures of hers that the non-members can't see. She claims she only uses the money to pay for her website hosting, and I'm sure that may be true. But thousands of beauty bloggers slave every day to put their stuff out there on the internet FOR FREE, and you're gonna charge people to see your repetitive pictures? Say what now? She has a commercial for her membership at the end of every video with testimonials ("Thanks to my eyeshadow consultant, I get compliments constantly on my makeup! Thanks!") and everything, and it sounds like the cheesiest of sales pitches. It really turned me off.

3. She is very talented with eyeshadow but the rest of her face tends to look pretty rough. Very rough looking, powdery, like she constantly needs to exfoliate, and girl can't seem to cover a blemish or under eye circles. Is this someone I really need to pay $4.95 a month to see more of?

I just don't get it. I'm no supreme makeup arteest myself, but I feel like someone who has a friggin membership fee should be doing a little better than this. I could see Pixiwoo or Lisa Eldridge having a membership fee, and I could see plenty of people happily paying for it, but this chick? Psh.

Fatlikekirsten
Informer
Informer

Re: maceyeshadowcombos / My Eyeshadow Consultant / Zabrena

Post by Fatlikekirsten »

I just think she is tacky, no fashion sense and tacky, oh my, that 80's hair...
English is not my first language

clonessuck
Debater
Debater

Post by clonessuck »

bebbeh wrote:I've searched and searched and I can't find that a thread had been made about this chick. Mods please delete if I'm wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/user/macshadowcombos
http://www.myeyeshadowconsultant.com/

When I first started watching Zabrena I really liked her. Her eyeshadow is ON POINT. She is seriously skilled with application and putting colors together. I love her pictures on her blog though they're pretty obviously photoshopped. I also like how she doesn't look like a barbie doll but a real person.

As time goes by though certain things have begun to drive me nuts.

1. Yes, her eyeshadow looks awesome, but aside from switching up colors, she seriously does the same shit every single time. In the same order, with the same brush. Always the same thin black eyeliner and false lashes. She never does winged liner, alternative eyeshadow shapes or anything different/interesting. Would it kill her to get creative and do something different with her shadow/liner? I thought that was what her channel was about, doing things you wouldn't normally think to do?

2. On her blog she has a 'membership' fee and if you pay it you can see certain posts/pictures of hers that the non-members can't see. She claims she only uses the money to pay for her website hosting, and I'm sure that may be true. But thousands of beauty bloggers slave every day to put their stuff out there on the internet FOR FREE, and you're gonna charge people to see your repetitive pictures? Say what now? She has a commercial for her membership at the end of every video with testimonials ("Thanks to my eyeshadow consultant, I get compliments constantly on my makeup! Thanks!") and everything, and it sounds like the cheesiest of sales pitches. It really turned me off.

3. She is very talented with eyeshadow but the rest of her face tends to look pretty rough. Very rough looking, powdery, like she constantly needs to exfoliate, and girl can't seem to cover a blemish or under eye circles. Is this someone I really need to pay $4.95 a month to see more of?

I just don't get it. I'm no supreme makeup arteest myself, but I feel like someone who has a friggin membership fee should be doing a little better than this. I could see Pixiwoo or Lisa Eldridge having a membership fee, and I could see plenty of people happily paying for it, but this chick? Psh.
I will agree # 1 with the repeated liner and lashes in most looks. Even though she may wear different false lashes each time the point is she wears false lashes every time. However, she has recently done a video on how to gel winged liner so you are wrong there.

About point # 2 yes there are a lot of bloggers who don't charge however are they doing what Zabrena does really? Nope. Mistake me if I am wrong. But all of the other beauty bloggers do not have extensive libraries of makeup color combinations. She does give free information like the rest but she will charge for the remaining things that take ALOT of work. She does tips and how to's and posts the info for free like everyone else but for the more in depth information that isn't readily available online or anywhere for that matter I don't blame her for charging for it. BTW, if you watch her monthly favorites and combos videos she gives TONS of shadow combo ideas for free. You should watch those if you don't want to pay for a membership. Oh and does MAC sell or even have a book that tells you what shadows to pair with what? No, they don't. I've asked. And the difference with Zabrena is that she is more personable. You could ask her a question and get a guaranteed response. None of the other bloggers/vloggers are guaranteed.

About # 3-Sorry I am not seeing it. I don't see where her face is rough. I have followed her for a very long time and don't see it. Her complexion seems pretty normal and has some minor flaws like everyone else. She is human after all. She may appear powdery because she is fair but I've seen her apply foundation and powder she in no way cakes it on like some of the other beauty vloggers do.

Why I am defending her is because she is far different from everyone else. She isn't into cliques on YT, she isn't heavily sponsored like most and she actually responds. Her info bar isn't filled to the brim with 2 pages worth of affiliate links. She isn't a tween she is in her later twenties so she is one of the older more professional gurus that I can relate to. She is very pleasant to talk to. She doesn't deserve to be on GG. Sorry.

waterbottle
Informer
Informer

Post by waterbottle »

I really don't care for her personal style and she does do a lot of the same looks in her videos, but her website with the library of swatches and combination ideas is really good.

soconfused
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by soconfused »

she makes me oddly uncomfortable watching her. she tries way too hard and just isn't 'it' enough to pull it off.

yll
Learner
Learner

Post by yll »

I like her but I feel like she's stuck in the 80's-90's. If she would just change her hair at least. And stop wearing brown lipstick, it really doesn't suit her imo.

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

Where is the off button with this chick? I found her recently through Kristin's G's videos and my gosh I was watching her older videos and she has totally changed! She acts so fake and unnatural now. Everything is a joke, over the top, said with slang or some weird tone. Her jokes are not even funny, makes her sound dumb. Also, I don't want to hear about her hinting that she has sex with her man in her sleep video. I felt embarrassed for her when she said that. After watching her day in the life video its pretty obvious she has no life outside of her cats and makeup. And why would you show cat shit on your floor in your video? That means your cats don't poop in the litter box like they should. And her showing that she picked it up is nasty. :-o

Fatlikekirsten
Informer
Informer

Post by Fatlikekirsten »

Ewwww!!!! I don't see her from a year ago or so, cos like yiu said, she is so fake. But now!!! She is desilusional!!!! Those "guru" think that they are celebrities, LOL.
English is not my first language

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

You can really tell when these gurus run out of filming ideas. They start doing stupid videos like this:

:roll:

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

I was blinded by boobage in her March Favorites. Not hating but they were so darn distracting. And her new channel trailer...she just tries too hard. Tatas and personality are way too over the top.

bebbeh
Talker
Talker

Post by bebbeh »

lol, yup, that's all i could focus on was her chest! she's rather large, i wonder if it's natural or a boob job?

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

bebbeh wrote:lol, yup, that's all i could focus on was her chest! she's rather large, i wonder if it's natural or a boob job?
Its gotta be fake. I looked up one of her videos that was 2 years old and placed screen shot side by side comparisons. BIG difference.

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

I think its time to unsub. I didn't like her latest frugal Fridays sick of hearing about Wet N Wild shadows. I personally don't like them its like you have to work extra hard to get them to show up. Not to mention the shades are so powdery when you apply them they fly all over the place including your cheeks. And I also didn't care for her matte lipstick video. I cringed when she put the cotton ball on her lips. Was that step really necessary? All that really did was put bits of cotton on her lips. I don't have time for this. I need videos to help my makeup application go on faster not make it more difficult by having to pick out cotton bits off of my lips. The lipstick looked better before she "blurred" it. Also, she talks way too much!

Kaikeline
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Kaikeline »

So her Ulta Shopping Haul is up.

I generally like Zabrena, I do think her personality can be a bit overboard but she IS super friendly and does reply to everyone.

However I really didn't like how judgemental she seemed in this video on the Electric Palette by UD. While yes, those colours may not be her taste - she sounded so rude and judgemental, "Ew, who would wear that? I mean c'mon" Uhm, actually, a lot of people would wear it.

Not everyone likes toned down colours, some of us do like super-bright-in-your-face colour. :-|

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

AHH! The butt chest is back! At least this time its only half of an ass crack! Those boobs are too big, they make her hunched over.

soconfused
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by soconfused »

Kaikeline wrote:So her Ulta Shopping Haul is up.

I generally like Zabrena, I do think her personality can be a bit overboard but she IS super friendly and does reply to everyone.

However I really didn't like how judgemental she seemed in this video on the Electric Palette by UD. While yes, those colours may not be her taste - she sounded so rude and judgemental, "Ew, who would wear that? I mean c'mon" Uhm, actually, a lot of people would wear it.

Not everyone likes toned down colours, some of us do like super-bright-in-your-face colour. :-|
my favorite part of that video was the ridiculous 1993 leggins with lace she was 'rockin'.

Edie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Edie »

I wondered why she was commenting back and forth with Kristin Gehm. KG seems to comment to everyone and is constantly online, but I was surprised that Zabrena befriended her. Now we know why.... She sent her gifts. She seems to have a fun personality, but then she annoys me. Like her recent Jane shadow video. She mentioned one shimmer shade wasn't pigmented, but she placed it over matte shadows. No wonder it wasn't showing up! Her shopping videos with friends annoy the hell out of me. That one girl has the most annoying voice on earth. It's vocal fry mixed with valley girl.

Bizzol
Learner
Learner

Post by Bizzol »

So for those asking about her boobs. She actually said in an earlier video about two years ago (it was some sort of questions video that no longer appears to be up) that if she were to get plastic surgery it would be a boob job.
She has definitely had one. I'm just surprised she got rid of the video admitting it though.

I actually wondered if she has had her lips modified because they seem to do that thing were they fold in the middle of the upper lip which is a side effect that this lip surgery that a couple soup opera actresses used to have where they surgically implant a thick string like thing inside across the middle of your upper lip. Every single person who had that lip modifications did the thing her lips do when she talks.

Edie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Edie »

I find it odd that she will never admit her age, when she has to be in her 30's. The boob job slipped right by me. I don't think I was watching her videos before then. When she wore that slinky black tank top I wondered what the hell was going on with her. It's hot in FL, but not that hot! She shows more of her body now that she has them.

Edie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Edie »

I can't edit the last post. This is the only video I could find showing her before surgery, August 2012. Huge difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUUns9rdGDA

Return to “K-O”