Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Rebecca Black

Post by NerdOut »

Busy Beeing Useless wrote:
clandestine wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Oh my lord.
A few observations:

2. Quote from the song: "Yesterday was Friday, today it's Saturday..." NO SHIT SHERLOCK! How lame!!!

5. WTF is up with the dude and the cop in the end? Totally unnecessary and it could be seen as stereotypical by some.
...those are both huge rips on her Friday video.

I loved it. But I love Rebecca Black.
I do agree it's kind of eye rolling to have a song about partying too hard... at 16.

iainthatin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by iainthatin »

Teens are acting like adults these days…

It's annoying, frankly.

It's not like they've got all the positive traits of adulthood, like responsibility and experience… they've only got the "I GET TO DRINK A LOT" and other types of traits that may be okay for adults but are only negative for teens.

Anyway, the only part I didn't like about the video was the Miley Cyrus-esque cameo, that was lame. The rest of it was fine… at least it wasn't a bunch of overly sexualized tripe. I'm glad familiar (attention ho) faces like Alexa Losey were nowhere to be found in it. That surprised me… you know she must have wanted to be in the video.

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou »

@sweetpeam I think her and Alexa had a fall out or something because Rebecca tweeted something like "I miss my best friend" and Alexa replied "Me too" and Rebecca tweeted her back ":\". So I don't know if they were talking at the time.

I really like Rebecca and I think the song was really funny, it's just a shame that the majority of people that are watching it probably wont understand that she's taking the piss out of Friday and herself.

sweetpeam
Informer
Informer

Post by sweetpeam »

miserlou wrote:@sweetpeam I think her and Alexa had a fall out or something because Rebecca tweeted something like "I miss my best friend" and Alexa replied "Me too" and Rebecca tweeted her back ":\". So I don't know if they were talking at the time.

I really like Rebecca and I think the song was really funny, it's just a shame that the majority of people that are watching it probably wont understand that she's taking the piss out of Friday and herself.
Ahh thanks! I've never liked Alexa and I don't keep up with them as much so I was clueless lol

And for some reason, it really pisses me off how everyone thinks she is serious about it. Like are people really that dumb? But I guess that's the internet for ya. Girl should have put "parody" instead "music video" in the title.

eleventhirty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by eleventhirty »

The song was ok but why always songs about what day it is? Why is someone that young boozing it up with strangers and waking up in a haze not knowing where she is anyway? Good way to get raped.

gossip-girl_xox
Lurker
Lurker

Post by gossip-girl_xox »

They are definitely not talking. Alexa hasn't mentioned anything about Rebecca's new song in any of her social networks. I wonder why they had a fallout

clandestine
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clandestine »

gossip-girl_xox wrote:They are definitely not talking. Alexa hasn't mentioned anything about Rebecca's new song in any of her social networks. I wonder why they had a fallout
Well probably because Alexa is extremely fake and a social climber and probably used Rebecca for what little attention she could get from her.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

eleventhirty wrote:The song was ok but why always songs about what day it is?
View$$$$, its already at 4 million in a day. I honestly saw this as a parody type/joke video though, I mean it was made with DaveDays and it just featured a bunch of youtubers and while she took it seriously it was poking fun at herself.

PoisonedApple

Post by PoisonedApple »

gossip-girl_xox wrote:They are definitely not talking. Alexa hasn't mentioned anything about Rebecca's new song in any of her social networks. I wonder why they had a fallout
She and Alexa might have just drifted a little, just because they don't mention each other for a few days at a time does not necessarily mean they had a falling out.

But I still hope you're right... lol

Worldofchances2giveu
Informer
Informer

Post by Worldofchances2giveu »

When i first saw the title of the video i was scared to watch it. But it's a cute parody/catchy song. I actually enjoyed it. Plus I like Rebecca, she seems nice enough and entertaining from her videos.

heavengonnawait
Talker
Talker

Post by heavengonnawait »

I was hesitant to watch at first because that Friday song gets stuck in my head ALL THE TIME
But I found her quite down to earth and entertaining. Thought it was interesting to see how it all happened in her "draw my life" vid
Also if you watch her covers of other songs, she can sing without autotune.

IMO i think she's really pretty too.

isriooer
Talker
Talker

Post by isriooer »

I think Rebecca is actually a talented singer and I think her videos where she's by herself are genuine and I enjoy them. But whenever she's in a video with another or multiple youtubers, she is so annoying. She screams and acts like a fool to get attention. Watch any of the videos with her and the 'fab five' and you'll want to stab yourself with a fork.

babyspears
Learner
Learner

Post by babyspears »

Friday was obviously mind numbing and didn't give me any motivation to watch her other videos. She seems like a sweet girl, but personally she doesn't intrigue me. I have a low tolerance for teenage girls. I can see her being one of those rare undercover wild girls; she's the type of girl you wouldn't imagine getting wasted, on the weekends they tell their parents they're going to their friend's house and instead they go to parties and get laid. And I'm not judging whatsoever, cuz I used to do the same thing lol. But you can tell her friend Alexa is a flaming obnoxious hoebag; idk she looks c*nty and dirty to me.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Nothing special about her, just another typical rich valley girl. It's been 3 years and she's still riding off of the Friday 'fame' like god, you're relevant because of a terrible, embarrassing video...

balletslippers
Informer
Informer

Post by balletslippers »

I saw her in person when I ran into her at my local mall. She's not as pretty in person and looks like any other girl. Considering her fame for the Friday video, I'm surprised she wasn't flocked with "fans". :?

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

When you are famous for people making fun of you, I don't think most people care enough to approach you.

I-love-Amelia
Talker
Talker

Post by I-love-Amelia »

She kind of comes off as a rude person on camera, and I don't really like her.

knope2012
Informer
Informer

Post by knope2012 »

I don't know if you guys watch thegabbieshow or listen to jenna marbles' podcast but apparently Rebecca was being a bitch at playlist live

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lydia Deetz »

Do tell!
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

PoisonedApple

Post by PoisonedApple »

I had heard that she was being bitchy, but I didn't get the details. What happened?

Return to “Music”