beautybaby44 Part 6

Izabella

Re: beautybaby44 Part 6

Post by Izabella »

dazzle wrote:
vclean wrote:I'm jealous, my first year math consists of indefinite integrals, annuities/perpetuities/amortization formulas, log and exponential derivatives, etc. No wonder to her "stress" means getting out of bed to go to Target and christmas decorating
We did that in school, not college :?
We learned those concepts in school but we have to go further and apply it to business word problems, and the derivatives are a lot harder, are mixed in with finance related problems, etc. I guess it's different in the states but in Canada I've never had to look at indefinite integrals in Calculus and never got taught the perpetuity/annuity/amortization ones either.

princesshan
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by princesshan »

Not that I am a fan of Lindsey in the slightest or trying to defend her at all, but speaking as someone who holds a BA in Fashion Merchandising Management from FIT, I can tell you that merchandising math/retail math progressively gets much harder at a fast pace, ie: six month plans, yearly plans, P.O.'s, risks/contingencies etc. There is so much to consider when working as a buyer/planner/merchandiser and you are usually working with large quantities. Lindsey is probably in one of the beginner math classes judging from the fact that her homework consisted of markup and markdown of products. Sure, it isn't advanced calculus or quantum physics but it still requires a certain degree of knowledge and skill.

murtay
Informer
Informer

Post by murtay »

princesshan wrote:Not that I am a fan of Lindsey in the slightest or trying to defend her at all, but speaking as someone who holds a BA in Fashion Merchandising Management from FIT, I can tell you that merchandising math/retail math progressively gets much harder at a fast pace, ie: six month plans, yearly plans, P.O.'s, risks/contingencies etc. There is so much to consider when working as a buyer/planner/merchandiser and you are usually working with large quantities. Lindsey is probably in one of the beginner math classes judging from the fact that her homework consisted of markup and markdown of products. Sure, it isn't advanced calculus or quantum physics but it still requires a certain degree of knowledge and skill.
I completely agree with you. I'm majoring in Retail Management and that definitely looks like the introduction to retail math. While it isn't hard, they do have to start off with something and make sure everyone's on the right page. You can't just jump into different plans if people aren't aware of the difference between a markup/margin/markdown.

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

vclean wrote:
dazzle wrote:
vclean wrote:I'm jealous, my first year math consists of indefinite integrals, annuities/perpetuities/amortization formulas, log and exponential derivatives, etc. No wonder to her "stress" means getting out of bed to go to Target and christmas decorating
We learned those concepts in school but we have to go further and apply it to business word problems, and the derivatives are a lot harder, are mixed in with finance related problems, etc. I guess it's different in the states but in Canada I've never had to look at indefinite integrals in Calculus and never got taught the perpetuity/annuity/amortization ones either.
Yeah we did that, too. We had to apply it in business administration and a little in accountancy and economics. It's a pain in the ass. That being said, I think perpetuity/annuity/amortization was the easiest part, but then again I suck at math :D It's just kind of hard to believe that people do easier things in college than we did in school, but I guess it's different everywhere.
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

mufflers19
Debater
Debater

Post by mufflers19 »

No vlogmas today.....obviously she is SOOOO BUSY

Cosmic,
Debater
Debater

Post by Cosmic, »

I guess looking for things to waste money on can take a lot out of you. ;)
Seriously I get that she may actually have a lot to do but it's bc she leaves everything last minute so when she tries to start her work she gets overwhelmed it's not bc the tasks are difficult

satellitemind12
Lurker
Lurker

Post by satellitemind12 »

In regards to the math situation, she also might've tested into a lower level of math to begin with. She says she's bad at math/doesn't like it and I remember that they took a math placement test at the beginning of the year, so maybe she didn't do too well and is in an easier class?

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

dazzle wrote: Yeah we did that, too. We had to apply it in business administration and a little in accountancy and economics. It's a pain in the ass. That being said, I think perpetuity/annuity/amortization was the easiest part, but then again I suck at math :D It's just kind of hard to believe that people do easier things in college than we did in school, but I guess it's different everywhere.
I find the formulas and plugging everything in easy but actually applying it in those long paragraph problems where sometimes you combine different formulas is what always gets me. Same with logs, derivatives, and integrals. Knowing the rules are easy but applying it in a long equation where you combine a bunch of rules is the tricky part. I commend you for putting up with that in high school. I thought high school math was so easy even the advanced classes, but this class I'm in is really hard and such a huge leap from grade 12 math.
mufflers19 wrote:No vlogmas today.....obviously she is SOOOO BUSY
Probably had to go "run errands" (get some q tips from the drug mart) and went out for lunch. Such a stressful life.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

vclean wrote:
mufflers19 wrote:No vlogmas today.....obviously she is SOOOO BUSY
Probably had to go "run errands" (get some q tips from the drug mart) and went out for lunch. Such a stressful life.
lmao
imma ball til the day i fall

Ilsa Lund
Informer
Informer

Post by Ilsa Lund »

It's just a thought but maybe her math classes are made to make sure all students know english expressions for adding up etc. ? So they show them easy equations and name what are they called in english - so in d they learned about marking up :? I believe not all of the students are from the US.

dreambigger
Learner
Learner

Post by dreambigger »

Her hair is back to being flat. I think we jinxed it
"Fashions fade, style is eternal."

princesshan
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by princesshan »

Ilsa Lund wrote:It's just a thought but maybe her math classes are made to make sure all students know english expressions for adding up etc. ? So they show them easy equations and name what are they called in english - so in d they learned about marking up :? I believe not all of the students are from the US.
Maybe so but probably not. Markup is more of a technical term (products are bought for a cost price by the buyer and marked up to the retail price so that a profit is made), and not really synonymous with adding up. There probably are a lot of international students but in my experiences colleges do not dumb down the coursework, or wording of it, for an entire class just because of them. It would be up to the international students to seek help if needed and most schools require that they take an English proficiency test beforehand anyway.

AN0N.
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by AN0N. »

dazzle wrote:
I did too, but in college in my REAL finance classes we did more advanced math.

I'm a marketing major, surprisingly, my degree did require quite a bit of math (which I thought I would be avoiding...)

Lindsey's degree is gonna be a JOKE
She's wasting her money

She is so dumb IMO

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

I always thought that unless you are middle-aged that you shouldn't willingly pay for a for-profit college degree.

She always talks funny when she's in California around Emily and Julian.

I think she needs to get a filter for her shower head. LA water is so hard. It probably makes her hair even flatter. I don't like her shade of red right now. It's so dark and then she makes her brows even darker.

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

emmygues wrote:I always thought that unless you are middle-aged that you shouldn't willingly pay for a for-profit college degree.

She always talks funny when she's in California around Emily and Julian.

I think she needs to get a filter for her shower head. LA water is so hard. It probably makes her hair even flatter. I don't like her shade of red right now. It's so dark and then she makes her brows even darker.
Off topic, but how do you tell hard water from non-hard water (soft water???)?

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

CherryCake wrote:Off topic, but how do you tell hard water from non-hard water (soft water???)?
Besides searching it up online, I think that hard water smells strange. It leaves that hard white stuff (not soap scum) in your shower. If your showerhead gets clogged and the water pressure lessens, it's most probable that you have hard water. It also leaves stains in your toilet.

There's a simple test you can do, you can fill up a water bottle half way then add 5-6 drops of dish soap. Shake and if there's a lot of suds, you don't have hard water. If there are very little suds or if it takes you a lot of effort to create suds, then you have hard water.

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

Someone stole her math quiz? What the fuck? :?

missgabystar11
Talker
Talker

Post by missgabystar11 »

So Amanda Bynes enrolled at FIDM... :?

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

missgabystar11 wrote:So Amanda Bynes enrolled at FIDM... :?
I think that's good for her. She's looking healthy and beautiful in some pictures i've seen of her today, and having a schedule/routine will make her recovery process smoother. I'm pulling for you, Amanda!

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

CherryCake wrote:
missgabystar11 wrote:So Amanda Bynes enrolled at FIDM... :?
I think that's good for her. She's looking healthy and beautiful in some pictures i've seen of her today, and having a schedule/routine will make her recovery process smoother. I'm pulling for you, Amanda!
Recovery for what? I stopped following Amanda Bynes months ago because I just thought she was doing all of this for attention. Did she get diagnosed with something?

Return to “Lindsey Hughes”