sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Joey Graceffa Part 10

Post by sweetmm »

Tally19 wrote:
sweetmm wrote:I find it interesting Caspar deleted his few rants on tweeter as he was afraid readers mistaking them for him defending Joey. I guess non-American "friend" is more bright :lol:
What did he say? I actually like Caspar. I think he's one of the few popular gurus who isn't up their own assholes and I always read that he is so nice to his fans.
I did not save screen it sorry but he deleted 3 tweets and the last tweet that he deleted he stated that he deleted his previous rants as people were mistakenly thinking about he was talking about.
Credit:amazingfiru

AN0N.
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by AN0N. »

But are people REALLY that offended by "fat ass" and "slut"?
Really?

Joey's vocabulary isn't very extraordinary - obviously
He calls everything a slut
People misuse words/derogatory stuff all the time

Joey was wrong but who cares that he said what he said
If you're offended by "fat ass" ....... get over it?
And "slut" in this context wasn't even terrible?

The worst part was Joey using his hand to describe how much he was blocking the driveway
What he said wasn't shocking, he says the same shit everyday

OMGANYA

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that Finn Harries has now followed Nate on twitter :lol: Cheeky Finn.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

sweetmm wrote:Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that Finn Harries has now followed Nate on twitter :lol: Cheeky Finn.
It could have just been he thought he's a funny guy or wanted the all updates on this drama, but I often get the impression that Finn (not so much Jack) thinks he's so much better than all these youtubers and it pisses me of cause he produces like no content and is pretty much exploiting the community for popularity to develop future projects.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

an0n wrote:
sweetmm wrote:Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that Finn Harries has now followed Nate on twitter :lol: Cheeky Finn.
It could have just been he thought he's a funny guy or wanted the all updates on this drama, but I often get the impression that Finn (not so much Jack) thinks he's so much better than all these youtubers and it pisses me of cause he produces like no content and is pretty much exploiting the community for popularity to develop future projects.
Yep Finn has often stated he did not like to be in front of the camera and only did it upon Jack's request. Its quite obvious he likes to distant himself as a "youtuber" hence the brand stays as "Jaksgap"; he just prefers back-end work especially in website and design.

Joey's fans best stop harassing Nate on twitter though if they want this "drama" to end, Nate as a comedian would find all this as good material for his jokes :lol:

senpai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by senpai »

AN0N. wrote:But are people REALLY that offended by "fat ass" and "slut"?
Really?

Joey's vocabulary isn't very extraordinary - obviously
He calls everything a slut
People misuse words/derogatory stuff all the time

Joey was wrong but who cares that he said what he said
If you're offended by "fat ass" ....... get over it?
And "slut" in this context wasn't even terrible?

The worst part was Joey using his hand to describe how much he was blocking the driveway
What he said wasn't shocking, he says the same shit everyday

OMGANYA
Please leave and never come back

Evian
Learner
Learner

Post by Evian »

I think it is funny that Anna Akana also follows Nate on Twitter, since she seems very close to Kalel and obviously Kalel already bashed Nate on Twitter lol

nohaynada
Informer
Informer

Post by nohaynada »

Nate was at the Bridal shower of Shane Dawson's producer, Lauren. Looks very intimate.

What a coincidence Joey and Nate have mutual friends, right? How convenient. ;)

hambo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hambo »

Out of all of Joey's friends I'm VERY surprised we haven't heard a peep out of Louise yet. She is always such a drama queen butting in to defend Zoe when it has nothing to do with her and being really bitchy with her comments, since her and Joey are supposedly pretty tight I thought she'd do the same for him.

joellesfails
Learner
Learner

Post by joellesfails »

nohaynada wrote:

Nate was at the Bridal shower of Shane Dawson's producer, Lauren. Looks very intimate.

What a coincidence Joey and Nate have mutual friends, right? How convenient. ;)
Well Nate seems to be a (not very well known) comedian/actor. It's not very surprising he knows someone like Shane Dawson's producer.

Mercer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Mercer »

Long-time lurker here and I couldn't resist signing up, especially with all the Joey drama lately.

Isn't it kind of odd though that Kalel's friend and Shane's producer are both friends with Nate? I mean, it's kind of clear he isn't that far from Joey's inner circle. Given that he lives relatively close to Stacy, it's not a complete stretch to suggest Nate and Joey set this up.

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

I'm like three days late to this party but Nates video made me laugh so hard. How have I missed this???

I've defended Joey in the past but he deserves this IMO. Also, I think it's hilarious that people are bashing Nate for using Joeys name to garner publicity for himself. Because NO ONE on YouTube has EVER done that...

tiara107
Learner
Learner

Post by tiara107 »

I don't get why people think this is a publicity stunt just because Nate knows a friend of a friend of Joey's. They live in LA, both are in entertainment, and both are on YouTube. Of course they are bound to have a few acquaintances.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

tiara107 wrote:I don't get why people think this is a publicity stunt just because Nate knows a friend of a friend of Joey's. They live in LA, both are in entertainment, and both are on YouTube. Of course they are bound to have a few acquaintances.
idgi either. maybe nate saw it as an opportunity to get a few people watching his video because it's about joey, but how would this actually be considered planned between joey and nate?
this video went viral because reddit found it, hundreds of people saw it, the post got popular, it became front page, all that because people were seeing how much of an asshole joey was and thought it was funny nate called him out. keep in mind that the internet, and that includes us all, loves seeing justice being made, that's why social justice bloggers exist. after the video went viral on reddit, it caught the attention of more mainstream media outlets, which caused the video to go even more viral.
the chances of a video going viral are really small, and it's impossible to predict that a video will go viral. nate probably thought a few people would see it, he probably had no idea it'd spread like that. keep in mind that nate is not that popular or famous (most of us had probably never heard of him before, i know i hadn't).
so let's take everything into account. nate, a comedian, makes a video calling out joey on his shit, the video goes viral because the internet, reddit in this case, hates people that act like joey, joey gets a bunch of hate (not only a massive amount of dislikes on his videos, but also some really nasty comments). if this was a publicity stunt, not only was poorly planned, but it also backfired like a motherfucker.
yes, joey and nate seem to have some common friends, but that is normal, seeing as both are in the entertainment business (as much as it pains me to consider what joey does as entertainment, that's what he's considered, an entertainer, like a clown or a mime)
The Internet knows all your secrets

Mercer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Mercer »

illegal_mind wrote:
tiara107 wrote:I don't get why people think this is a publicity stunt just because Nate knows a friend of a friend of Joey's. They live in LA, both are in entertainment, and both are on YouTube. Of course they are bound to have a few acquaintances.
idgi either. maybe nate saw it as an opportunity to get a few people watching his video because it's about joey, but how would this actually be considered planned between joey and nate?
this video went viral because reddit found it, hundreds of people saw it, the post got popular, it became front page, all that because people were seeing how much of an asshole joey was and thought it was funny nate called him out. keep in mind that the internet, and that includes us all, loves seeing justice being made, that's why social justice bloggers exist. after the video went viral on reddit, it caught the attention of more mainstream media outlets, which caused the video to go even more viral.
the chances of a video going viral are really small, and it's impossible to predict that a video will go viral. nate probably thought a few people would see it, he probably had no idea it'd spread like that. keep in mind that nate is not that popular or famous (most of us had probably never heard of him before, i know i hadn't).
so let's take everything into account. nate, a comedian, makes a video calling out joey on his shit, the video goes viral because the internet, reddit in this case, hates people that act like joey, joey gets a bunch of hate (not only a massive amount of dislikes on his videos, but also some really nasty comments). if this was a publicity stunt, not only was poorly planned, but it also backfired like a motherfucker.
yes, joey and nate seem to have some common friends, but that is normal, seeing as both are in the entertainment business (as much as it pains me to consider what joey does as entertainment, that's what he's considered, an entertainer, like a clown or a mime)
Yeah, even though I said it wasn't a stretch to suggest it could be a publicity stunt, I don't really think it is. Especially because I don't think Joey is calculated or manipulative enough to pull something like this off, even with help. He's not even that great at hiding his biggest secret - his sexuality - so something like this would be really hard for him to pull off.

Also, like you said, even if you considered that yes, this is a social justice video and Reddit loves that kind of stuff, it would be pretty damn hard to say that this specific video would go viral. Nate's execution is top-notch but that doesn't really mean it's planned; just that he's good at his job.

I mean, if it came out tomorrow that it was planned that I wouldn't be surprised - but I seriously doubt it is.

Callisto
Informer
Informer

Post by Callisto »

I hated how in Joeys last vlog at the end he kept saying things like "thanks for the support guys, im okay" ARE YOU JOKING. hes acting like Nate found him and had 8 people beat him up. Joey, he made a video calling you out. WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE HE PUT HIS HANDS ON YOU?

nohaynada
Informer
Informer

Post by nohaynada »

Callisto wrote:I hated how in Joeys last vlog at the end he kept saying things like "thanks for the support guys, im okay" ARE YOU JOKING. hes acting like Nate found him and had 8 people beat him up. Joey, he made a video calling you out. WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE HE PUT HIS HANDS ON YOU?
Joey "attacked" someone indirectly, someone he had no idea about. Nate attacked Joey directly which subsequently caused a bunch of internet morons to attack Joey with abuse and homophobic comments which is especially sad as Nate is gay himself. I don't agree with the way Joey acted but don't act like Nate was 100% correct in this situation either, they both acted immaturely.

I can't even deal with the fact that people are acting like Nate was offended and therefore made the video, he wasn't offended, he saw an opportunity and ran with it. If he's a comedian then he needs to grow bigger balls if he was offended by being called a slut and having a fatass car.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

Callisto wrote:I hated how in Joeys last vlog at the end he kept saying things like "thanks for the support guys, im okay" ARE YOU JOKING. hes acting like Nate found him and had 8 people beat him up. Joey, he made a video calling you out. WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE HE PUT HIS HANDS ON YOU?
because from the beginning, even before nate made the video, joey's been playing the victim. and after the video, joey's inner circle of "friends" and the minions sided with joey, so joey kept the victim act to make it look like he did nothing wrong and that nate was the villain in the story.
i didn't exactly agree with nate doing the "you made x last year and owe y in taxes", but tbh i'm not bothered by that anymore, because of how unapologetic joey's being by playing the victim. seeing as nate could clearly see joey's info, like his ssn, he could've done much worse with the info that he saw. (and i still think joey's a moron for leaving his tax papers, that have important info, in plain sight, in his passenger seat, for any passerby to be able to see).
i remember when joey was just a nice kid on the internet, making videos on youtube. now he's just another asshole on the internet that got the "fame" up to his head, and his head up his ass, along with a bunch of ass kissers that make him think he's always the good guy
The Internet knows all your secrets

rawrpaula
Learner
Learner

Post by rawrpaula »

Oh wow, I don't check GG for a few days and this explodes.

I know people are saying that it was weird that Nate and his friends looked up Joey's name and found his video. But that's not what I got from it. Nate said he hates towing people's cars, as I'd assume most people do, but he saw Joey's name. So he asked Facebook if anyone knew him, perhaps on the chance that someone did, and they could tell Joey to move his car so his car wouldn't be towed. That's how I see it happening at least. There's always a chance you know someone or know someone who knows someone that knows someone, especially in places like LA.

Either way, Nate's video was hilarious and on point. It's good someone finally called someone out Joey on his crap. This whole situation could have been avoided if Joey hadn't acted like a spoiled little brat about his car getting towed.

PoisonedApple

Post by PoisonedApple »

Joey seems kinda stupid in general. You almost can't even blame him for parking in front of a driveway and then leaving his tax papers out. The wheels in his head don't seem to turn too much, if you ask me.

Return to “Joey Graceffa”