Skylark Launch: Fragrance Trio!

lmaololjk
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Skylark (all of them)

Post by lmaololjk »

Elle just put up the video about their skylark perfume set. I was actually genuinely considering buying it until I saw the price. Idk, I think $60 is a lot for the quality and considering its not designer. I've heard a lot of bad things about their products. And I remember blair posting a picture of one of the nail polishes and you could just tell how bad it was. I feel like they're only selling this overpriced garbage cuz they know their minions will buy them.

Sunset123
Debater
Debater

Skylark Launch: Fragrance Trio!

Post by Sunset123 »

i know there is already a skylark thread but im making this one in regards to the recent skylark video NOT the make up line in general.

both blair and elle uploaded the same video on both their channels (titled differently however)

i can go on about how this is such a fail but it be easier to just leave it at that: A FAIL!

heres something to take into consideration:
a FULL bottle of Chanel perfume is $50.00. see for yourself here:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chanel-chan ... ts-_-1_0_A

yes elle and blair i will spend 10 dollars more on your mini perfumes than a full bottle of chanel. :? (fail number 1)
they do NOT have the credibilty, experiance, respect, or ranking to be able to charge as much as they do. if they really wanted to be sucessful they would charge drugstore prices and even thats a stretch, they need to GAIN their respect in the industry, 1 mill subs dont mean anything in the actual makeup industry.
two, This is a MAKEUP LINE: howcome only 2 of the 5 products are actually make up?

lastly, heres the two top comments on elles video :D two cheers for the minons for finally getting it! :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Skylark (all of them)

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

[youtube][/youtube]

No mean comments? Really?

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Skylark Launch: Fragrance Trio!

Post by ggeyeliner »

60 dollars is for 3 mini roller one + vote + full size. This isn't sooooooooooooooo expensive. Although I don't know much about US prices. Our prices are crazy high.
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

NopeYep
Talker
Talker

Post by NopeYep »

Ackh. Just saw this. I was actually going to purchase the sampler until I saw that it was $60! That price is only for die-hard E&B fans and I am NOT a die hard fan. I would have liked to sample the scents though. I'll wait until someone sells decants on ebay.

(actually that's a good idea; maybe someone can start a group buy or something; but it would have to be a long time member or the owner of the forum to keep everything above board)

Post by Guest »

It bothers me to no end that if you leave a sensible comment that isn't even rude you get some teenager telling you to "shut up".

Psyche
Learner
Learner

Post by Psyche »

Hah, E&B can be so idiotic. I actually kind of liked the video, but they totally forgot to describe the scents! I know you can read them on blush.com, but it isn't very enticing when the scents are described as "edgy", "nostalgic citrus" and "sexy". I am actually tempted to try them but shipping to Canada is always a fortune. Plus I'd be terrified that their fans would pick the worst scent. >.>

Sunset123
Debater
Debater

Post by Sunset123 »

this is already a topic on the "e&b together" forum

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

A lot of the comments are pointing out how if you pay $60 but only like one of the scents and the scent you don't like isn't made into the full size you're SOL and left with 2 roller balls and 1 perfume that you hate. Elle responded in a comment saying something about how they can't make all 3 in full size because it "isn't as easy as it seems".

I agree with these comments - this isn't the greatest plan for them.

Sunset123
Debater
Debater

Post by Sunset123 »

why not make ONE SCENT AT A TIME

it isnt rocket science....

Pink Pegasus

Post by Pink Pegasus »

I cringe at the thought of 12-14 year old girls running to their parents this very second asking them to spend $60.00 on this.

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

Sunset123 wrote:why not make ONE SCENT AT A TIME

it isnt rocket science....
Exactly. If they claim to love all these scents, then why not release all 3 over time?

Lumi
Informer
Informer

Post by Lumi »

Elle at least bothered to write a short (albeit pointless) description about the video. Blair's bottom bar only has the usual list of links (Check out my new blog! Get your own PAPERBACK copy of Beneath the Glitter for $9.99! Like me on facebook!)

BestFootForward
Informer
Informer

Post by BestFootForward »

OP, that's the hair mist... A smaller size of perfume from Chanel runs about 60$ for a little over an ounce (I own Chance). Also, it's good to note that you're getting 3 rollerballs+a full size at a later date. That being said, I would never buy a perfume without smelling it. Also, this was a terrible commercial. They didn't describe the notes (other than the vague description of the citrusy one). "Sexy" or "cool" tells me absolutely nothing. I know that you get to test them IF you buy the set, but I would never play perfume lottery with $60. Also how about measurements? How much product are we talking about? An ounce? Three ounces? I could list more details I'd like, but that's redundant. They're obviously not marketing to me. And if they're marketing to tweens-- it should be less expensive as tweens typically wear $10 or less body spray from the drugstore or VS.

tl;dr FAIL

ETA: I think they both look gorgeous in that video. Really their best. And Elle should wear those extensions in every video.

AwayWithTheFairies
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by AwayWithTheFairies »

A majority of the comments are about how all of their videos are sponsored and they only make a video when they want something from us. Glad to see some of the minions have at least caught up

oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oxprincessxo »

It's annoying that they didn't even state the notes in the fragrances. "Summery and fresh" doesn't help me much. That's an opinion, not a fact. Like I'm going to make a list of fragrances to purchase and think, "I should get this one because it has notes of Elle and Blair's idea of summery and fresh!"

Uh, so it's citrus, but is it grapefruit or lime or tangeriene or all of the above?

Ginger1
Debater
Debater

Post by Ginger1 »

As much as I dislike Blair I almost want to buy these because I'm a sucker for fragrance. But I am afraid I'll hate all of them including the one sent as full size.

I think it's a decent price for a bottle of perfume because it's rare to find a good edp under $50. That link you have to Chanel "Chance" is actually just the Eau Tendre hair mist. The Chanel Eau Tendre edt (which is still less concentrated and lighter) is $68. The regular Chanel Chance edp starts at $85

The only thing I disagree with price wise is one of the minions trying to say rollerballs "at Sephora" are more expensive - epic fail minion. And I just don't like blind buying scents unless the description and notes really excite me (these don't).

The website also doesn't give a lot of info like how big the full size bottle is and whether these are edps or edts.
If these are indeed edp the price is pretty good.

Sunset123
Debater
Debater

Post by Sunset123 »

BestFootForward wrote:OP, that's the hair mist... A smaller size of perfume from Chanel runs about 60$ for a little over an ounce (I own Chance). Also, it's good to note that you're getting 3 rollerballs+a full size at a later date. That being said, I would never buy a perfume without smelling it. Also, this was a terrible commercial. They didn't describe the notes (other than the vague description of the citrusy one). "Sexy" or "cool" tells me absolutely nothing. I know that you get to test them IF you buy the set, but I would never play perfume lottery with $60. Also how about measurements? How much product are we talking about? An ounce? Three ounces? I could list more details I'd like, but that's redundant. They're obviously not marketing to me. And if they're marketing to tweens-- it should be less expensive as tweens typically wear $10 or less body spray from the drugstore or VS.

tl;dr FAIL

ETA: I think they both look gorgeous in that video. Really their best. And Elle should wear those extensions in every video.

even if it is a hair mist, are you saying skylark is comparable to chanel? LOL

Sunset123
Debater
Debater

Post by Sunset123 »

Ginger1 wrote:As much as I dislike Blair I almost want to buy these because I'm a sucker for fragrance. But I am afraid I'll hate all of them including the one sent as full size.

I think it's a decent price for a bottle of perfume because it's rare to find a good edp under $50. That link you have to Chanel "Chance" is actually just the Eau Tendre hair mist. The Chanel Eau Tendre edt (which is still less concentrated and lighter) is $68. The regular Chanel Chance edp starts at $85

The only thing I disagree with price wise is one of the minions trying to say rollerballs "at Sephora" are more expensive - epic fail minion. And I just don't like blind buying scents unless the description and notes really excite me (these don't).

The website also doesn't give a lot of info like how big the full size bottle is and whether these are edps or edts.
If these are indeed edp the price is pretty good.

even if it is a hair mist, are you saying skylark is comparable to chanel? LOL

fries
Talker
Talker

Post by fries »

I'm a complete sucker for fragrance too, but I won't be trying them (as tempted as I was), because Blush won't ship fragrance overseas. I wish they'd actually shown the bottle and listed the notes - the hell does "edgy" smell like? The notes are listed on Blush.com though, if you're curious... http://www.blush.com/product_Memoir+Fra ... _47383.htm

Return to “Elle & Blair”