Nothing to to with J, B, The Chosen, Other, or 1st One

Bish
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nothing to to with Judy, Benji, or Guinea-anna

Post by Bish »

umNO wrote:Only because some of you showed interest, compassion, and empathy for Talia Joy and her family, I'm posting the below article for your FYI, if it might be something of interest to you:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -line.html.
I'm amazed how often GG gets accused of being nasty and vile but then I read comments below a story like that and think we're mostly mild mannered people here.
I also know to skip news article comments, since they're never any good.

I could see CoverGirl doing some sort of specialty marked products that have some proceeds going to Talia's charity and cancer research. Seems like a good middle ground without creating a whole other line.

Bish
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Bish »

That's a good idea! I hope some things on her list happen, even if just a few. She was really big in getting people to donate blood (which is very important!) so any awareness people can get out of her name I'm all for.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

I'm all for awareness and donations to children's (and well any) cancer research/support but in some ways I think its disgusting how her family put that list out in what seems to have been an attempt to preserve her fame not the memories people had of her life.

If they hadn't put her list up people would have had the same loving reaction to want to remember Talia and it could have naturally lead to covergirl maybe doing something for cancer research but it wouldn't involve people throwing her name to get it materialistically plastered everywhere and fans forgetting that even if these large corporations don't single out Talia's story (there are a million reasons they wouldn't) that they're not all evil.

plusfivedex
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by plusfivedex »

This is an awesome idea, thanks UmNo! Sometimes I see something and think 'omg the GG girls would love this' but can't post it anywhere!

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Nothing to to with Judy Knowles, Benji Disick, or Guinea

Post by an0n »

eh, I knew that would be an unpopular opinion and I agree that bucket lists could be used as part of grieving but I really feel like the family has been trying to gain fame recently and not only to help them grieve. I can't really explain it properly and I don't mean any disrespect but I feel like they could have dealt with the publicity better in the last month.

Anyways I don't want to get into this argument and I probably shouldn't have posted it to begin with.

Bish
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Bish »

an0n wrote:eh, I knew that would be an unpopular opinion and I agree that bucket lists could be used as part of grieving but I really feel like the family has been trying to gain fame recently and not only to help them grieve. I can't really explain it properly and I don't mean any disrespect but I feel like they could have dealt with the publicity better in the last month.

Anyways I don't want to get into this argument and I probably shouldn't have posted it to begin with.
Hey it's just a discussion! I don't think you were being disrespectful at all. I know what you mean, it happens a ton when celebrities pass (Michael Jackson's family comes to mind)
With someone like Talia it feels a little different since they basically were planning on her death and who knows what she asked them to carry on for her or not. I did think going on the Today show a day after was a little sudden so I see where you are coming from.
People just grieve differently. Especially when it's something you foresee coming.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

I just want to clarify I didn't think either of you were engaging in an argument (and I totally understand your POV), I should have said I don't want this to develop into an argument.

lacrymosa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lacrymosa »

I've always liked this section of GG because the regulars who post always come across as welcoming. There's other threads on here that i just lurk but never feel complied to join in with because everybody seems so clique-y and hostile towards anybody that disagrees with their view. I like that although there is no doubt a "community" element to the Itsjudyslife board, you're all(mostly) still open to newbies and discussions. Other boards simply ignore newbies and throw around insults to anybody that disagrees with the popular opinion... umNO does a great job at keeping everybody on track.

That was my attempt at trying to be sentimental... :|

BomBi
Debater
Debater

Post by BomBi »

Any good scary movies that I can watch that will make me not sleep for a whole week?

pookie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pookie »

BomBi wrote:Any good scary movies that I can watch that will make me not sleep for a whole week?
I heard Conjuring was really scary. But I'm going to pass on seeing that. I'm to paranoid! I'll think I'm being watched in my sleep.

kamkardash
Informer
Informer

Post by kamkardash »

Do any of you not watch a J&B vlog for a couple days, nor read their section of GG, then come back and see 8 unread forums and actually feel kind of stressed about catching up?! Hahahaha, wow, this is my life. :oops:

BomBi
Debater
Debater

Post by BomBi »

pookie wrote:
BomBi wrote:Any good scary movies that I can watch that will make me not sleep for a whole week?
I heard Conjuring was really scary. But I'm going to pass on seeing that. I'm to paranoid! I'll think I'm being watched in my sleep.
I shall check that movie out.

Is normal to be paranoid about that stuff, I think we all at one point feel that way, I get paranoid when I am taking a shower and I have shampoo on my hair and face and my eyes are close I feel like an old lady is behind the curtain and I feel like im gonna have a heart attack.

Btw The Others with Nicole Kidman was an awesome movie.

Bish
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Bish »

Haven't seen it yet but I've also heard The Conjuring is good! If you liked The Others have you seen The Sixth Sense yet? It's from the 90s but it's pretty creepy. Also The Descent! Only movie that combines all my worst fears in one lol
kamkardash wrote:Do any of you not watch a J&B vlog for a couple days, nor read their section of GG, then come back and see 8 unread forums and actually feel kind of stressed about catching up?! Hahahaha, wow, this is my life. :oops:
Lol I felt like that just during Taquito-gate. I went to bed with it in like page 6 and woke up to it being page 20 :shock:
I skip vlogs sometimes but then there's times where you have to see the stupidity for yourself.

BomBi
Debater
Debater

Post by BomBi »

^^ Call me weird but I didn't like The Sixth Sense... I found it boring and I gave it a try 2 times but nothing. I really enjoyed The other tho, and last night I watched the trailer of The Conjuring and it looks creepy as heck. I need to go watch it ASAP!!

I also still enjoy once in a while Nightmare on Elm street ( all of them ) and Friday the 13th, ahh to me classics lol

Wat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wat »

Anyone know of any good romance Korean dramas? :D

halfasiantakeover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by halfasiantakeover »

Wat wrote:Anyone know of any good romance Korean dramas? :D
I can give you a few!

You're Beautiful
1st Shop of the Coffee Prince (or just Coffee Prince)
My Girlfriend is a Guimiho
Bachelor's Vegetable Store (with my Giraffe prince Lee Kwang Soo :love2: )
Goong
Personal Choice (Lee Min Ho ^-^ )

and this isn't a romance, its a comedy, but its really really funny (as in I had a stomach ache from laughing funny), Mackerel Run! :D So good. I also have no shame in admitting that I watched Attack on the Pin Up Boys (its really cute!) for my Super Junior loves Kangin (double hotness points for rocking a Netherlands warm up jacket for a good chunk of the film...DUTCH PRIDE! KNVB is my team <3!) and Donghae. :D

Bish
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Bish »

BomBi wrote:^^ Call me weird but I didn't like The Sixth Sense... I found it boring and I gave it a try 2 times but nothing. I really enjoyed The other tho, and last night I watched the trailer of The Conjuring and it looks creepy as heck. I need to go watch it ASAP!!

I also still enjoy once in a while Nightmare on Elm street ( all of them ) and Friday the 13th, ahh to me classics lol
lol You're not weird, a lot of people didn't like it. I just thought of it because of the ghosts twist in The Others.

pookie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pookie »

I need rehab for candy crush. I lost all 5 lives but needed "candy crack!" Lol I was told go to setting>date and time> change date by one year. Then you can play with all five lives. Just remember to change date back to 2013 when finished playing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BomBi
Debater
Debater

Post by BomBi »

Pookie, what level are u on candy crush? I am on level 392 I think, love that game LOL

Bish
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Bish »

umNO wrote:My game is Marvel's Avenger Alliance, but it is starting to become a pain because they are developing the game in such a way that you almost need to buy credits to fully advance...
I hate when games do this! I usually just quit :( Some of these games a person could literally spend thousands on just to get some premium items. Their pricing doesn't make sense if only the rich and stupid can afford them.

Return to “ItsJudyTime / ItsJudysLife”