What Style Is To Nickel

shakenshake
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What Style Is To Nickel

Post by shakenshake »

I couldn't see a thread on this guy. If I have missed it someone feel free to merge them.

Usually I love Ritchie his skills are amazing, but last night I was watching his Paris vlog. Oh my god he complains so much! If anyone else has seen it you know what I mean. Complains about the weather, finding haribo, boutiques being rubbish on and on. I felt bad for his boyfriend who progressively looked more and more annoyed as they went on.

kittykat

Re: What Style Is To Nickel

Post by kittykat »

He's always like that. He did it in his New York vlogs a couple years ago. He wanted a bath tub in their hotel so he could take baths (gross), but it was a half bath and the whining was out of control. I really don't like him.

shakenshake
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shakenshake »

kittykat wrote:He's always like that. He did it in his New York vlogs a couple years ago. He wanted a bath tub in their hotel so he could take baths (gross), but it was a half bath and the whining was out of control. I really don't like him.

I haven't seen those! At the end of his Paris vlog he was saying "Paris is sooooo confusing, I'm done with it" Paris is amazing! I've never been but my boyfriend has, he said it was like London but just in a different language. Seems like Ritchie wasn't bothered by the galleries and museums. Shame as they are supposed to be lovely.

Shneck Ache
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Shneck Ache »

He used to have a thread... but I couldn't find it? In any event, I adore him but agree he's a major whiner. And what's funny is, he hates it when people complain in the comments or leave anything remotely resembling a critical comment. He said he was going to stop doing tutorials because people in the comments were asking why his fingers looked so red.

But then you watch any of his vlogs and all he does it bitch, bitch, bitch. When he was in America, his vlogs were so tiresome because of his complaining, but he also only does it when Jonah is around. I think that's just part of their dynamic.

Despite that, I kind of also like how high-maintenance he is without being a drama queen (unlike Gigi, ugh). And I really do love his style. I think he wears makeup beautifully and shows how men can wear heavy eye looks without having to look like drag queens.
I'm the poster formerly known as BigFatRoses

shakenshake
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shakenshake »

Shneck Ache wrote:He used to have a thread... but I couldn't find it? In any event, I adore him but agree he's a major whiner. And what's funny is, he hates it when people complain in the comments or leave anything remotely resembling a critical comment. He said he was going to stop doing tutorials because people in the comments were asking why his fingers looked so red.

But then you watch any of his vlogs and all he does it bitch, bitch, bitch. When he was in America, his vlogs were so tiresome because of his complaining, but he also only does it when Jonah is around. I think that's just part of their dynamic.

Despite that, I kind of also like how high-maintenance he is without being a drama queen (unlike Gigi, ugh). And I really do love his style. I think he wears makeup beautifully and shows how men can wear heavy eye looks without having to look like drag queens.

I'm almost scared to watch them! I find it so cringe and awkward to watch when people are complaining!

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

It's been 6 months since he vlogged with/Tweeted about his bf, wondering if they're still together?

shakenshake
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shakenshake »

Is Ritchie still doing anything? He seems v quiet of late?

Shneck Ache
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Shneck Ache »

shakenshake wrote:Is Ritchie still doing anything? He seems v quiet of late?
I dunno, but if you watch the show Orphan Black, I swear the character of Felix is based, at least in part, on WSITN. Many of us in the OLJ thread are pretty convinced that the writers for that show watched some of OLJ's videos for inspiration for the Alison Hendrix character, and I think they may have drummed up WSITN for Felix inspiration. They're just soooooo similar, especially when Felix wears a lot of vampy makeup.
I'm the poster formerly known as BigFatRoses

Edie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Edie »

I thought they were an odd couple. His bf was a lot older and more worldly in a way--he'd at least lived in different countries. But something about him was extremely sarcastic and hard to like. I think he spoiled Richie and that's why they were together. Maybe he got tired of all of the whining and how helpless Richie seems.

shakenshake
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shakenshake »

Are they still together? Does Richie still even make videos?

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

I love Rickey's vlogs, especially the Paris ones, but OMG he needs to work on his pronunciation and lack of basic knowledge! He thought he'd gone to see the 'Pompadore'?? And it drives me crazy how he doesn't find out anything for himself, he treats his boyfriend like a human google "What is this? How do you say that? Where are we going? What do you call that? What did I order? Jonas, what are we doing now?" And he doesn't often seem to take in the answers. I actually like him a lot, I don't want to trash him, but I'd like to see him looking like he knows what is going on, instead of looking like a reluctant teenager being dragged round places by his Dad...

AquaSarah16
Learner
Learner

Post by AquaSarah16 »

SallyCinnamon wrote:I love Rickey's vlogs, especially the Paris ones, but OMG he needs to work on his pronunciation and lack of basic knowledge! He thought he'd gone to see the 'Pompadore'?? And it drives me crazy how he doesn't find out anything for himself, he treats his boyfriend like a human google "What is this? How do you say that? Where are we going? What do you call that? What did I order? Jonas, what are we doing now?" And he doesn't often seem to take in the answers. I actually like him a lot, I don't want to trash him, but I'd like to see him looking like he knows what is going on, instead of looking like a reluctant teenager being dragged round places by his Dad...
That's the whole premise of their relationship though. It's very obvious that Jonas being significantly older than Richie is in a fatherly position in the relationship, while Richie is like a little boy trying to get attention from daddy.

Let's also be honest; Jonas is not a looker by any means and I would not be surprised if Jonas is Richie's sugar daddy. I mean they are so vastly different in every way; there is no way they'd have social circles that would even interact with one another, how would they even meet? This situation has sugar daddy written all over it. They have special websites and gatherings just for that sort of thing. FYI.

Bonfire_Dance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bonfire_Dance »

^^^ I don't get the impression Jonas is his sugar daddy. Ritchie is a shopper and Jonas doesn't seem like he has a lot of extra money for things of that nature. You can tell by the way they vacation together & on the Paris vlogs. They stay at extremely cramped & modest places. They don't do activities together that cost a lot of money, except eat out. I think Ritchie's parents give him the extra money for his shopping habits.

If you read the first post of this thread from 2013, it still applies to their current vlogs (the Haribo part killed me!). :rofl:

shakenshake
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shakenshake »

He's since deleted all his content and hasn't updated his twitter since 2016, seems like WSITN is done. I hope he's doing well for himself.

Return to “U-Z”