Fleur is spoiled. I am jealous. I still watch.

bubble
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fleur is spoiled. I am jealous. I still watch.

Post by bubble »

heyheyheynow wrote:
jean101 wrote:People who study media, textiles, etc are playing it easy, they're doing something that they enjoy. If you do medicine or something, you may hate it and suck at it but work hard enough and you'll succeed and you'll get rich in life. Same with languages, business, engineering. These are all very boring and tough subjects but there's lots of jobs out there for these subjects and they all pay incredibly well.

(another post) I've already said earlier in the conversation that I'm doing this and I'm happy to do this so that I can enjoy life outside of work, support my future children and be able to afford nice holidays. I'm actually hoping that I'll end up enjoying my job though, but if I hate it, I hate it.
lol sure. I'll spend my entire life doing something I hate and am bad at for a potential paycheck. I'll totally get all those promotions and raises when I loathe the work! Seems about right to me! :roll: It's precious that you think you can compartmentalize your job. Good luck with that. I take it from the second portion of what I quoted that you're still in school and not actually working yet? You have no clue. Come back in 10 years.

ANYWAY, to drag this back on topic in some way, it seems like Fleur has gone through school, hated the experience and decided to spend her time doing something she loves. Kudos to her, and what luck that she can actually make a career out of it!
THIS!
It's a good thing that even though she hated the experience that she actually continued with it. A couple of my friends have struggled with the decision between dropping out of uni and continuing with it even though they hate it. I always said to them they should stick it out cos it's better to have a degree than to drop out of one. (I am not saying that NOT having a degree is bad!)

Nicole x
Talker
Talker

Post by Nicole x »

heyheyheynow wrote:
jean101 wrote:People who study media, textiles, etc are playing it easy, they're doing something that they enjoy. If you do medicine or something, you may hate it and suck at it but work hard enough and you'll succeed and you'll get rich in life. Same with languages, business, engineering. These are all very boring and tough subjects but there's lots of jobs out there for these subjects and they all pay incredibly well.

(another post) I've already said earlier in the conversation that I'm doing this and I'm happy to do this so that I can enjoy life outside of work, support my future children and be able to afford nice holidays. I'm actually hoping that I'll end up enjoying my job though, but if I hate it, I hate it.
lol sure. I'll spend my entire life doing something I hate and am bad at for a potential paycheck. I'll totally get all those promotions and raises when I loathe the work! Seems about right to me! :roll: It's precious that you think you can compartmentalize your job. Good luck with that. I take it from the second portion of what I quoted that you're still in school and not actually working yet? You have no clue. Come back in 10 years.

ANYWAY, to drag this back on topic in some way, it seems like Fleur has gone through school, hated the experience and decided to spend her time doing something she loves. Kudos to her, and what luck that she can actually make a career out of it!
I don't want to drag this (stupid) topic out too much longer but I just wanted to say that I totally agree with heyheyheynow. I have to laugh at people who are at uni and think they will come out to a manager's salary and have a great life, and they think they will stick it out for the money even if they hate it. That ain't real life, and until you've finished school and are out in the real world you have no idea what you are talking about. Uni may increase your prospects, especially for vocational subjects, but it absolutely does not give you a free pass to employment (especially given the recession) and an endless supply of money. Generally work experience and professional certifications counts for a hell of a lot more than a degree.

Anyway, rant over.

ridingboots
Talker
Talker

Post by ridingboots »

Nin wrote:No. I think she actually got a bargain with her house I think to be honest. :D Money goes a lot further if you don't choose to live in the city a lot of the time.
Really???? How do you know, if you don't mind me asking? And what does Mike do?
I think Mike works for his family. Both his family and Fleurs own a car business.
Fleur's family - http://www.westawaymotors.co.uk/
MIke's family - http://www.availablecar.com/ (the blonde woman halfway down the page is his sister. She's an actress.
Mikes family also have a share or own a car sales place called fords or winsford up in cheshire. My friend is his cousin and told me that the other day. Im sure it must be big over there because another of friends was impressed and said adverts for it are on tv all the time!

hannah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hannah »

jean101 wrote:
pie wrote:I can't stand people who endlessly preach that school is just one step below to winning the lottery.
That would mean that every person who graduated from a prestigious school should be raking it in by the time they're 25 :roll: Claiming/implying that people who haven't "made it" by the time they're 25 are failures or doing something wrong with their lives is seriously pretentious.
I kind of meant rolling in it to a degree, soz should have specified a bit differently, I meant rolling in it for someone of that age. I probably should have specified that it needs to be a good subject as well. Like obvs if you graduate top of your class in something like textiles you're not going to be earning a good salary unless you are the luckiest son of a bitch on earth.

And sorry but where did I claim that people who haven't made it by the time they're 25 are failures? I didn't say that.

School is one step below the lottery if you play it right, most people just play it stupid that's all. People who study media, textiles, etc are playing it easy, they're doing something that they enjoy. If you do medicine or something, you may hate it and suck at it but work hard enough and you'll succeed and you'll get rich in life. Same with languages, business, engineering. These are all very boring and tough subjects but there's lots of jobs out there for these subjects and they all pay incredibly well.

Sorry if this offends you but if you're still in school, pay attention to what I just said.
I would rather play it "easy" and enjoy my life as opposed to waking up at the age of 40 and realising I've wasted my life on a degree I didn't need or a on a job I don't enjoy just for the sake of a bit of money. You only do well in a subject if you enjoy it, if you have no interest in what you're being taught you'll have no interest to learn it.

Janka
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Janka »

Sorry guys if its been already discussed, but i was wondering who do you think will take over Westaway motors, as its family business for over 70 yrs I think, when Alex has no interest in working there, he has a rock band, hannah is an events planner, her husband is also in rock band, and fleur does youtube/makeup thing, seems like none of them is actually interested in learning and working in this car company...

snail
Learner
Learner

Post by snail »

Janka wrote:Sorry guys if its been already discussed, but i was wondering who do you think will take over Westaway motors, as its family business for over 70 yrs I think, when Alex has no interest in working there, he has a rock band, hannah is an events planner, her husband is also in rock band, and fleur does youtube/makeup thing, seems like none of them is actually interested in learning and working in this car company...

And Fleur is quite set on living in the U.S. Maybe they'll sell it

Janka
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Janka »

Well, I don't think they will live in the U.S., they wouldn't buy such a big and expensive house then and also Mike probably will run his family's car company later...

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

Janka wrote:Sorry guys if its been already discussed, but i was wondering who do you think will take over Westaway motors, as its family business for over 70 yrs I think, when Alex has no interest in working there, he has a rock band, hannah is an events planner, her husband is also in rock band, and fleur does youtube/makeup thing, seems like none of them is actually interested in learning and working in this car company...
They might sell it? There could also be cousins or something that take over.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

ECH wrote:
They might sell it? There could also be cousins or something that take over.
Maybe they will keep it, or whichever child decides they want to take it on, may actually decide not to run it themselves but hire someone to do pretty much everything. They just get to keep the profit. Or they may sell it and live a pretty happy retirement.

IMZ-xo
Informer
Informer

Post by IMZ-xo »

Well doesn't Mike already work for them? If that's the case I assume it will go to Fleur and Mike unless circumstances change. To be honest I can't see them moving to America because of the expensive house they just bought but if they're really as rich as they appear then nothing's stopping them from buying/renting a second home in the states. I just don't think they'll move their permanently.

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

IMZ-xo wrote:Well doesn't Mike already work for them? If that's the case I assume it will go to Fleur and Mike unless circumstances change. To be honest I can't see them moving to America because of the expensive house they just bought but if they're really as rich as they appear then nothing's stopping them from buying/renting a second home in the states. I just don't think they'll move their permanently.
Mike's family run a separate car business that Mike works for.

IMZ-xo
Informer
Informer

Post by IMZ-xo »

ECH wrote:
IMZ-xo wrote:Well doesn't Mike already work for them? If that's the case I assume it will go to Fleur and Mike unless circumstances change. To be honest I can't see them moving to America because of the expensive house they just bought but if they're really as rich as they appear then nothing's stopping them from buying/renting a second home in the states. I just don't think they'll move their permanently.
Mike's family run a separate car business that Mike works for.
Ohhhh I see.

Kit167
Informer
Informer

Post by Kit167 »

I think Mike works for his family. Both his family and Fleurs own a car business.
MIke's family - http://www.availablecar.com/ (the blonde woman halfway down the page is his sister. She's an actress.
Good detective work there Sherlock, so that's where they get their wealth from the bank of rich mummy & daddy and i bet their cars came free too including Mike's Porsche, Bet the parents bought their house too, people their age who don't have great jobs couldn't possibly afford such a house, that's why these people are so unashamed about their wealth they think its normal to live like this, it shows a spoilt attitude, plus I bet if Mike was poor he wouldn't be marriage material, she' seems pretty greedy

hana.bananals
Debater
Debater

Post by hana.bananals »

Kit167 wrote:
Good detective work there Sherlock, so that's where they get their wealth from the bank of rich mummy & daddy and i bet their cars came free too including Mike's Porsche, Bet the parents bought their house too, people their age who don't have great jobs couldn't possibly afford such a house, that's why these people are so unashamed about their wealth they think its normal to live like this, it shows a spoilt attitude, plus I bet if Mike was poor he wouldn't be marriage material, she' seems pretty greedy
I don't see why they should be 'ashamed' that their parents have money.

youlooz
Learner
Learner

Post by youlooz »

On the whole, money breeds money and money hangs around with money. Its obvious that her friends from home and school etc will mostly be moneyed. (Wow how many times can I fit money in there?! :'))

Nicole x
Talker
Talker

Post by Nicole x »

Erm, apart from a visa? You can't just decide to move to the US from England, they're hardly skilled workers.

ItsRawrzz
Informer
Informer

Post by ItsRawrzz »

But if they get a second home/holiday home in the states, they would only need a holiday visa when they travel wouldn't they? I'm from the UK, and I haven't really looked into it, but surely it's not moving if they just rent aholiday home in the states, like IMZ said

snail
Learner
Learner

Post by snail »

Nicole x wrote:
Erm, apart from a visa? You can't just decide to move to the US from England, they're hardly skilled workers.
If they have the money they certainly can, as long as they can pay taxes

trolling
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by trolling »

couldn't possibly afford such a house, that's why these people are so unashamed about their wealth they think its normal to live like this, it shows a spoilt attitude, plus I bet if Mike was poor he wouldn't be marriage material, she' seems pretty greedy[/quote]

trolling
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by trolling »

unashamed about their wealth they think its normal to live like this, it shows a spoilt attitude, plus I bet if Mike was poor he wouldn't be marriage material, she' seems pretty greedy

How is she greedy wtf

Return to “FleurDeForce”