i don't get how she's not embarrassed.

frenemies
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phyrra

Post by frenemies »

I have been lurking here for a while and finally decided to make an account after seeing one of Phyrras latest posts.
First of all I agree 100% with everyone saying that she dresses like a try hard soccer mom, yet is completely boring.
But I about lost it when I saw her post gushing about that spiky heart necklace- then saw the price of $50!!! Really??? Anyone who would pay $50 for that necklace is nutso.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

lol seriously you can find crap like that in Claire's for $5

lemmiwinks
Learner
Learner

Post by lemmiwinks »

It's things like having to point out that your special or different or not normal, whatever that means, that irks me. Being interested in alternative fashion/geek fandoms/having blue hair and body mods doesn't make you a special cookie. If she didn't emphasize this so much I doubt many people would take notice to point out that she looks like a try hard soccer mom instead

I mean c'mon
That flash must be bright. The word hater though stahp

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

lol I don't understand her love for plastic looking Halloween wigs...

frenemies
Learner
Learner

Post by frenemies »

Like you said it's because she makes such a point to point out how she's so0o different that makes it obvious how much of a try hard she is.

also, am I the only one who is curious about all the "stock" type photos she posts? I can't imagine that she took those, or paid someone for them. Yet she slaps her watermark on them. What? I thought bloggers, especially bigger ones, were held accountable for their images and whether or not they were copyrighted.

lemmiwinks
Learner
Learner

Post by lemmiwinks »

Never noticed watermarks on the stock photos. Maybe because she posts it on her blog she considers it part of her material along her other photos?

I remember this wig post- http://www.phyrra.net/2012/09/how-to-sh ... nline.html

soconfused
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by soconfused »

still with the bad wigs. she looks so horrible, idgi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

what is her deal with these terrible cosplay wigs. Did her hair fall out from all the dye or her crap hair conditioner?

australienne
Talker
Talker

Post by australienne »

I can't even with her latest post.

http://www.phyrra.net/2014/04/blue-auti ... month.html

The gist is that beauty bloggers buying various blue nail polishes is somehow helping autism. I suppose in the same way that no-makeup selfies are helping breast cancer. To quote Phyrra:
Several of my friends have children with autism, so it's always in my mind.
And yet 'autism' is spelled wrongly four times (as 'autisum') in the post and the title?

Nowhere in the post does she offer details on donating to autism causes such as research, prevention, treatment. No links. No information. Nothing about autism is even mentioned besides the phrase 'autism awareness'. I guess any links would distract from all the sparkly nail polish pictures that are saving the kids.

soconfused
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by soconfused »

you're missing the point. she's so awesum and unique all she needs to DO is drop more money on nailpolish and she's helping kids. duh.

no really, she's always come off as incredibly shallow, so it's no surprise.

soconfused
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by soconfused »

i wonder why she hasn't done an update or a post of how her cover fx meet up went. i don't think anyone showed up.

AquaVitae
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by AquaVitae »

Who is Dave? I know Ray is her husband, and shes mentioned that her husband has a brother named Dave (but said almost verbatim "Not our Dave, he's at work!) She mentions him a lot and from the way she words it, it couldn't be a brother or a roommate (well I mean it could but still). I don't care if she has a poly relationship I just want to know the context of the person.

Also what exactly happened with that hair junk she was shilling?

australienne
Talker
Talker

Post by australienne »

^ I believe the product was delayed after a bunch of people had already ordered it. Seemed to work out in the end, though I haven't seen any other blogger reviews on it.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I know that xsparkage got on in her P.O. box - she showed it and couldn't pronounce Phyrra's name lol. But she hasn't reviewed it as far as I know...

soconfused
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by soconfused »

i'm not sure she could have dressed more inappropriately for the sephora event.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Agreed. She looks pretty ridiculous most of the time. I don't know what her attachment is to the granny sandals, either.

soconfused
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by soconfused »

i can't see them asking her to represent them again. she acts and dresses like she thinks she's 19.

barcodegirl
Learner
Learner

Post by barcodegirl »

What I don't get is her constant going on and on about how her rosacea is "so bad." She's posted pictures of herself without makeup and I don't even see any redness. Even people with mild rosacea usually have really red cheeks. I'm not a medical professional or really that knowledgeable about skin conditions or anything, but it doesn't seem to me like she has rosacea at all. Maybe she really does have it, but she seriously goes on about it like it's the type of severe, disfiguring type of rosacea people have.

Also she needs to stop with the bad wigs. Or at least buy higher quality ones. She looks like a teenager at a bad cosplay convention or something.
Strange this feeling... Blue. I feel blue.

soconfused
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by soconfused »

barcodegirl wrote:What I don't get is her constant going on and on about how her rosacea is "so bad." She's posted pictures of herself without makeup and I don't even see any redness. Even people with mild rosacea usually have really red cheeks. I'm not a medical professional or really that knowledgeable about skin conditions or anything, but it doesn't seem to me like she has rosacea at all. Maybe she really does have it, but she seriously goes on about it like it's the type of severe, disfiguring type of rosacea people have.

Also she needs to stop with the bad wigs. Or at least buy higher quality ones. She looks like a teenager at a bad cosplay convention or something.
this. she's so vain and it's ridiculous and attention seeking. she has pink cheeks and acts like she can barely cope, her life is that hard. casey holmes (it'sbl0ndie) has rosacea like WHOA.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”