Beautifymeeh

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Beautifymeeh

Post by 123xyz »

Yeobae wrote:Wait when did they say they will be staying in korea for two more years? Didnt they say they want to go back within a year on time for the kids going to school? I found it so dumb they go to korea get all these things and than go back? Like to me it would be different if they were on their own no kids... But... alright. I was sure it was going to be a year?
I haven't watched or checked Angel's social media lately, but I actually found the two year comment from one of her friends. I was just browsing Angel's Instagram, clicked on a friend Angel tagged, saw a few photos, and noticed that on one of her photos she was replying to Angel and discussing how she would be staying two years instead of one, due to their lease with their home.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

Apparently her website is gone. I clicked on her advertised link of ww.beautifymeeh.com and it no longer exists.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

ANyone else kind of disturbed by the array of skin conditions has regularly? After going to a derm in Korea she finally found out that all the spots she had on her forehead was actually ingrown hairs... she doesn't have thick hair on her forehead, so it's her peach fuzz that became ingrown hairs.... how bizarre is that?? how does that happen??

And then she says she had this itch on her head for months(? or was it over a year?) and it turns out to be a massive blackhead with an inch of puss and disgusting junk in it!!!!

And she says she still has a bunch of issues. She said she wanted to remove an army of moles around her neck. She also had those crazy blindingly red bumps on her ankle when she met up with SUnny.

These are all just recent videos... i don't regularly follow her, but she probably had a bunch of weird issues before too. She did say she took a lot of medication for her acne but i wonder if it was really regular acne or some other odd thing.

I don't see how anyone can trust her skincare advice with that. She did say that going to a proper derm in Korea was the best decision she ever made and better than spending thousands on accutane or whatever the medicine was and having her system messed up because of it. So if any of her subs read this thread - that's the one good advice to take from Angel - go to a derm and do not listen to Angel herself!!!

cherrybonbon
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by cherrybonbon »

Oooh man I feel really bad for Aiden putting his career on hold for her. They have kids they have to worry about. I hope he finds a lot of opportunities in Korea.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

??? his career? No offense but he was just a run of the mill minor neighbourhood photographer doing his friends photos back in Texas. He wasn't exactly bringing the bread home. Angel is not the biggest youtuber out there but she's able to bring enough bread home to stock a bakery. And he got a job immediately after he moved to Korea - he is doing school portraits. And it looks like they both wanted to go back to Korea and Aiden waited until he definitely didn't have to do military service anymore.

strawberrysorbet
Learner
Learner

Post by strawberrysorbet »

I just re-discovered her vlogs/channel and it makes me irrationally angry to see that their kids don't speak ANY english. It's ridiculous!! I mean, fine if you don't plan on permanently staying in the country where they were born but these kids grew up the first few years of their lives in the states and they will go back to the US in a few years - it's incredibly short-sighted and unfair to the kids to not properly teach them the language of the country they're citizens of. Kids nowadays are so cruel, so when her two boys go to school and don't speak a lick of English, especially in a state like Texas (!) , they're gonna have a tough time. That being said - Aiden's English is still very poor after all these years of him living in the US so I do think it's his influence to an extent. I have a few Korean friends who moved to live here in the UK and they say that a lot of their Korean peers purely stick to Koreans even in London and make NO attempt whatsoever to integrate with the country/language/culture which makes me then wonder - why the fuck are they here? I've seen this in a few countries all over the world, I just don't get why people move to a foreign country but then only stick to their "kind"....

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

Yeah, she's so weird... when they were in america, she only spoke her shitty Korean to them and only hung around Korean people and friends and when they went out, only spoke in Korean. So her kids don't know english. then she moves to Korea for 1~2 years and she says she's going to start teaching them English. Are you kidding me? How's that going to work? I can understand she had Korean friends and family in America but you guys could use english right? And when she used to go to stores with her kids she could use English but now that they're in Korean she'll need to speak Korean MORE because her Korean friends there either don't want to speak English or aren't fluent in English and people will think it's weird if a Korean family spoke English around in public.

And she even said that they're starting to know words like "hello, yes, and no"... this was when they first moved to Korea and she was saying this in her apartment (before they got their air conditioner)!!! seriously??? how old are your children and they've only now STARTED learning words like hello, yes and no???? and didn't she study to be a teacher or something???

oh, and Aiden has started going to Korean school, so that'll just solidify his Korean. I mean, great, he should learn Korean and about his cultural background but she was doing things the opposite way. Should have gotten him established in English when they were in America and then go to Korea to learn Korea for 2 or how many ever years they wanted to live in Korea and then go back to the US. Then, they can speak Korean at home and the two kids can continue learning English in school and around them.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

takoyaki wrote:??? his career? No offense but he was just a run of the mill minor neighbourhood photographer doing his friends photos back in Texas. He wasn't exactly bringing the bread home. Angel is not the biggest youtuber out there but she's able to bring enough bread home to stock a bakery. And he got a job immediately after he moved to Korea - he is doing school portraits. And it looks like they both wanted to go back to Korea and Aiden waited until he definitely didn't have to do military service anymore.
This is probably why he renounced his citizenship. In his draw my life he said that his family moved because he approached them one day, told them he wanted to learn English in the USA, and then bam they moved. Maybe his family was avoiding the military. It kinda sounds like moving to America ruined his family. They had a failed business, which must have cost them their savings, and then their parents got divorced after it's closing.

He can't even speak English, which makes his reason for moving to the USA such BS.

princezuko
Informer
Informer

Post by princezuko »

I don't sub to her anymore, but after finding out about MAC's Lunar NY collection (incredibly late to the party), I found some listings and wanted to see what the collection had to offer before spending upwards of $50 on eBay. She was one of the only 'bigger' name gurus with a video on it and the first to come up on Google, so I figured why not.

I'm not sure if she's always been like this, but she's extremely.. bland on camera. :| It's as if she's had part of her personality sucked out of her. Maybe she was just really tired in the video. But what confused me was how, after so many years on YT, she is so.. ill-knowledgeable about PR sent her way and how she really doesn't have any 'incentive' for watching her videos again - most YTers have at least one of the following: fun, sweet or controversial personality, are well-spoken, interactive with viewers, honest reviews, in-depth videos, up-to-date releases, etc. but she has none of that. I know she's mainly a Korean beauty Youtuber, but other than being pretty and Korean, she doesn't seem to have any selling points that keep people coming back. Aside from the Koreaboo population and perhaps people who enjoy the distant, low-energy vibe. Her lighting is blown out so it's really hard to tell how products really look, so swatches are pointless. She has (seemingly) no passion for the products in her videos or the job. She also appears unorganized in her first impression videos.

Even "controversial" channels like Cassie's have a niche they fill. But I can't really see what her appeal is. Maybe I'm being too harsh, though. It's been years since I last saw her content, so :|

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

princezuko wrote:I don't sub to her anymore, but after finding out about MAC's Lunar NY collection (incredibly late to the party), I found some listings and wanted to see what the collection had to offer before spending upwards of $50 on eBay. She was one of the only 'bigger' name gurus with a video on it and the first to come up on Google, so I figured why not.

I'm not sure if she's always been like this, but she's extremely.. bland on camera. :| It's as if she's had part of her personality sucked out of her. Maybe she was just really tired in the video. But what confused me was how, after so many years on YT, she is so.. ill-knowledgeable about PR sent her way and how she really doesn't have any 'incentive' for watching her videos again - most YTers have at least one of the following: fun, sweet or controversial personality, are well-spoken, interactive with viewers, honest reviews, in-depth videos, up-to-date releases, etc. but she has none of that. I know she's mainly a Korean beauty Youtuber, but other than being pretty and Korean, she doesn't seem to have any selling points that keep people coming back. Aside from the Koreaboo population and perhaps people who enjoy the distant, low-energy vibe. Her lighting is blown out so it's really hard to tell how products really look, so swatches are pointless. She has (seemingly) no passion for the products in her videos or the job. She also appears unorganized in her first impression videos.

Even "controversial" channels like Cassie's have a niche they fill. But I can't really see what her appeal is. Maybe I'm being too harsh, though. It's been years since I last saw her content, so :|
This has always been her market though. She always shoves in anything Korean since she knows Korea, kpop, and kdramas are all the craze right now. If she wasn't Korean she wouldn't have any success. She's crap at makeup, her vlogs are boring since her life is nothing special, and her videos in general are short with nothing special. but people come back to her since she has kpop things and speaks korean.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

That comment about Angel being nothing more than a pretty Korean girl, honestly for koreaboos, that's all you need lol. Look at all the talentless bland idols out there who are super popular.

I am so surprised to see that a couple of my friends follow her on instagram. Of all people... she is so fcking boring? But I guess boring is better than some other youtubers out there

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

I honestly wonder if Angel is trying to pursue fame in Korea. Loads of her youtube comments are "omg you look like a kpop star and kdrama star!!!" of course YT comments don't represent an entire nation, but she fits Korea's standards, has had no surgery, and she said herself her dream was to be a Kpop star.

aloevera
Learner
Learner

Post by aloevera »

Better hope she isn't trying to achieve that, because once you're married with kids or even just past 25, you're just an ajumma in Korean eyes. She also lacks any unique charm, sadly. At least she's a better mother than bubz.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

aloevera wrote:Better hope she isn't trying to achieve that, because once you're married with kids or even just past 25, you're just an ajumma in Korean eyes. She also lacks any unique charm, sadly. At least she's a better mother than bubz.
Isn't Angel like 32? Yeah, she's old to try to break in the indudstry, but not everyone is young when they start. Kim Tae Hee was in her early twenties and she's all the rage.

But Angel's situation is unique. She said her dream as a child was to be a kpop star. She pretty much perfectly fits Korea's standard of a celebrity, she knew both English and Korean (major selling point), and going off of her singing videos her singing wasn't that bad when you consider that she has 0 training. I'm surprised she never bothered to audition, especially if it was her dream. We know she's suuuppper lazy, but still, why never try? I have a feeling her kids will try fame in Korea. They're bound to be good looking and tall, and that's all Korea's market really cares about.

I wonder how Angel and Aiden's finances are going these days. Angel is rather inactive on YT, but she did momentarily revive her blog. Don't know what Aiden is up to, though.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

??????????? Early 20's is young and Kim Tae Hee was unmarried when she debuted. Completely different than Angel. I think Angel is still young, has a good body, and quite pretty but there's no way she'll make it big if she becomes an idol. There are plenty of young and pretty girls with good bodies who are unmarried and don't have kids who have debuted but are getting nowhere.

Once you're married and ESPECIALLY when you have kids you are an 'ajumma' no matter how pretty and young looking you are. This is not exactly an insult, this is just how people are labelled and referred to when you get married and have kids.

But she seems so lazy and doesn't really fully do her youtube job well (yet still manages to rake in a lot of money to spend the way she does) so I don't see how she can make it as a kpop star.

Instead of an actual KPop star in Korea, she should do what those youtubers did years ago and become an youtube pop star. Since most of her fans are international fans that don't have the same standard as Koreans, they are probably fine with supporting her as a youtube pop star no matter she is married with kids or not.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

takoyaki wrote:??????????? Early 20's is young and Kim Tae Hee was unmarried when she debuted. Completely different than Angel. I think Angel is still young, has a good body, and quite pretty but there's no way she'll make it big if she becomes an idol. There are plenty of young and pretty girls with good bodies who are unmarried and don't have kids who have debuted but are getting nowhere.

Once you're married and ESPECIALLY when you have kids you are an 'ajumma' no matter how pretty and young looking you are. This is not exactly an insult, this is just how people are labelled and referred to when you get married and have kids.

But she seems so lazy and doesn't really fully do her youtube job well (yet still manages to rake in a lot of money to spend the way she does) so I don't see how she can make it as a kpop star.

Instead of an actual KPop star in Korea, she should do what those youtubers did years ago and become an youtube pop star. Since most of her fans are international fans that don't have the same standard as Koreans, they are probably fine with supporting her as a youtube pop star no matter she is married with kids or not.
Well she is definitely too old to be an idol now. 25 is pretty much the oldest you can be to debut it seems, and Angel is like 30 something. But when she was a teen and young adult she had so much potential, and she said herself it was her dream, so I'm surprised she never tried to pursue it. She also went to Korea a few times as a kid and teen, so she had the opportunity to audition in Korea if she didn't want to try the global or American auditions.

She's a very lazy youtuber and blogger; I'm surprised she hasn't switched over to a Korean video platform since she'd probably be a lot more popular and possibly make a lot more. But I guess she's content being a z list guru while Aiden plays photographer.

BTW, what's the deal with Korea's standards for celebrities? I know dating is a big no no, but is getting married a really big deal over there? I know Kim Tae Hee got married and now has a baby, does that make her finished? I thought she was still the #1 beauty. I'm not too familiar with the celebrity scene over there.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

Idols and actresses have different standards. Kim Tae Hee is an actress. by the way, did you know that Kim Tae Hee is also famous for being a terrible actress? Lol. She's as famous for being a terrible actress as she is for being one of the most beautiful women in Korea. She did a drama where she just lied down sleeping for a couple of minutes for a couple of episodes and she made tens (maybe hundreds) of thousands off those scenes. She got married to Rain and I don't think she's picked up any projects since after the wedding yet. She is still viewed positively.

It's different for idols, they make money off fans pretending that idols are their make believe boy/girlfriends. Dating and getting married is a BIG no no and can end their careers. That's why a lot of them want to become actors/actresses. They go up and status and have more freedom to do other things and get paid more.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

takoyaki wrote:Idols and actresses have different standards. Kim Tae Hee is an actress. by the way, did you know that Kim Tae Hee is also famous for being a terrible actress? Lol. She's as famous for being a terrible actress as she is for being one of the most beautiful women in Korea. She did a drama where she just lied down sleeping for a couple of minutes for a couple of episodes and she made tens (maybe hundreds) of thousands off those scenes. She got married to Rain and I don't think she's picked up any projects since after the wedding yet. She is still viewed positively.

It's different for idols, they make money off fans pretending that idols are their make believe boy/girlfriends. Dating and getting married is a BIG no no and can end their careers. That's why a lot of them want to become actors/actresses. They go up and status and have more freedom to do other things and get paid more.
Interesting. I didn't know marriage was the end of your career. I mean, you can't be single your whole life just to keep your acting going. but I guess each country is different. I never understood the reason why idols dating was so bad, but I guess if it's literally their job to play imaginary BF or GF than I guess that makes sense?

But yeah, I guess the bottom line is that angel missed her shot. I guess she's having being a failed youtuber. Did anyone notice that Aiden opened a cooking channel? I can't watch his videos. They include the kids and I find them to be very annoying.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

That's just the culture here. No matter how young looking and beautiful you are, if you hit a certain age or are married or have children, you are an 'ajumma'. It's not exaaaaaaactly an insult since it's proper to call people who hit that milestone an 'ajumma'.

For example, if a male goes to the army they are automatically referred to as a 'soldier ajeosshi'. And you can start going to the army as soon as you finish high school and most men go to the army early to get it over with (and other complicated factors concerning age) so they are in their early twenties and referred to as ajeosshi so it's just a title and not specially about their age or looks. As soon as Angel got married she was an ajumma. Even more so when she had kids. There's no f***ing way on earth that the korean public will accept Angel if she debuted in Korea. If she became a YOUTUBE pop star, then I think it's fine because all her fans don't mind her being married with kids but if she became a REAL Korean idol, LOL no, not going to f***ing happen.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

Anyone have an idea how well known you can make it in Korea as a vlogger? Angel's blog is sparse with activity, but Aiden has been dedicated to his naver blog. As koreans able to profit off of that platform? Considering how little money these two make, them seem to live awfully luxurious lives.

Yeah, I agree that Angel can't debut now. I mean, I know street scouting happens in Korea, so she probably would have been approached by now if anyone thought she had any potential left.

Return to “A-E”