Michel Janse Part 9: Trauma Tour For $$$

strayzip
Talker
Talker

Re: Michel Janse Part 9: Trauma Tour For $$$

Post by strayzip »

tar wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:38 am
Posters: It’s almost time for Part 10. If you have a thread title you want to submit please post it below. If you will quote this post it helps everyone to see your thread title submission. If you like a particular title more than the others give it a thumbs up. That helps us to know your favorite titles.
Thanks so much…. Tar
:cuted:

Michel Janse Part 10: Fried White Bread All Day, Every Day!

Teabreak2
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Teabreak2 »

tar wrote:
Posters: It’s almost time for Part 10. If you have a thread title you want to submit please post it below. If you will quote this post it helps everyone to see your thread title submission. If you like a particular title more than the others give it a thumbs up. That helps us to know your favorite titles.
Thanks so much…. Tar

Michel Janse Part 10: Stage 5 Clinger

pettycrimes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pettycrimes »

lets be real, she wouldnt be doing any of this if she hadnt met jordy. while im all for people inspiring others to grow, she isnt doing that – shes literally copying and following his every move. she said it herself not long ago: she desires being settled, and wishes that would have been her life progression right now. she also admitted the uncertainty of jordys movements made her feel like she had no ability to actually plan her life out in a stable manner. she was looking for a house, ffs! now he started touring, and suddenly she wants to live a nomad life too... i dont know if she realizes we can see that, or shes pretending that everyone everywhere thinks this is a good idea. i dont think its sustainable and i dont think its going to play out well

LilaK
Debater
Debater

Post by LilaK »

tar wrote:
Thanks so much…. Tar

Your triggers are your problem

flwr7
Talker
Talker

Post by flwr7 »

tar wrote:
Thanks so much…. Tar

Michel Janse Part 10 : xoxo, a girlie who cares too much

NoraKnowsNatalie
Talker
Talker

Post by NoraKnowsNatalie »

stay6623 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:17 pm
I think this is an unpopular opinion, but from what Michel has said about her mom + little bits of what I’ve seen her mom say on vlogs, it also sounds like maybe her mom is pushing her to be someone she isn’t a little too much too. I remember her mom saying Michel should act less grown up and act more ‘normal’ for her age, and though I definitely agree with that in terms of not pressuring herself into settling into bad marriages/relationships + taking time alone to learn and love who she is, it seems like her mom has maybe extended that into pushing Michel into activities that just aren’t her.
I definitely see your point. There's nothing wrong with not drinking, not smoking, being a homebody, and having no bad habits. As a result, I will never criticize her for that. Nor do I thing that she needs to "spread her wings" or satisfy anyone else by trying those things.

To me, Michel's only issue is that she doesn't know how to be alone. She's spent her entire adult life planning a wedding and being married to the wrong person. Now, she is at loose ends being single, which. she never wanted to be. Michel has also finished school, changed careers, and has landed in a YouTube career that is somewhat isolating. That puts her at loose ends in her professional life as well.

My guess is that Mama Janse sees that restlessness and wants to help Michel overcome it. Hence, the new hobbies and "eras" we keep hearing about. Michel is trying to figure out who she is and what she finds fulfilling. She never discovered those things before because she was focused on her acting career and being married.

I applaud Mama Janse's desire to help her daughter "get back out there." However, in her gut, Michel doesn't want to be a mature, independent, self-actualized person. She wants to be a wife. And, if given the chance, that's the path she will take. Hopefully, it will be the right guy this time. But, make no mistake. It will be the first person who asks her.

ellie81
Learner
Learner

Post by ellie81 »

Okay, gang...I tried to watch the NYC vlog and could NOT do it! I do not usually post on here but I have some thoughts after watching part of the vlog. Spoiler: I could not stomach it all!

For someone who grew up with so much money and so many resources, I truly cannot believe how uncultured she is. I know someone else previously mentioned the bagel in NYC and the cream cheese, but I could not fathom that her reaction as a 25 year old woman was that she would buy a whole ass new bagel rather than just go ask for/purchase cream cheese to go with the bagel she already bought! The waste.

I know Michel has mentioned a few times wanting to go to Paris but when she said the main reason she wanted to visit was to go to Noglu I could not handle it. I said out loud to MYSELF, "I cannot handle this" and exited the vlog. A simple internet search shows Noglu in NYC and Paris. I don't know about y'all but if I lived in Austin, Texas I would probably go to the NYC store over the Paris one? And to fly all the way to PARIS, FRANCE for a GF croissant as your main reason? Forget the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Luxembourg Gardens, or anything of cultural relevance....a GF croissant! I have my own dietary issues so I get how exciting it can be to find a version of something you cannot normally have...but I wouldn't fly across the globe for that reason. I also don't have the money to do that like Michel does! All that said, my parents live in a commuter town outside of Nashville and there is a bakery in their area that does AMAZING pastries/cakes/etc. that are all GF/vegan/nut-free. They must be the only place outside of Paris that does croissants :roll: . So to sit there and say you cannot get them anywhere and would fly to Paris for them is bull. If she put any effort into her travels at all she could have even visited that bakery when she was in Nashville.

I know I am on one but I have to say....taking an Uber in NYC as a tourist? Girl, GET on the SUBWAY. I am American but I have lived in Europe for a long time so not taking public transport where it is available is just odd to me. Especially when you are in a city like NYC. I grew up in the south so I get the car dependence but please immerse yourself in the place you are!! Speaking of....her nomad life staying at Sonders made me L O L. Look, the nomad life certainly isn't for me but I also understand nomad life isn't staying in short-term rentals that are typically hundreds per night.

Itsme_vee
Talker
Talker

Post by Itsme_vee »

tar wrote:
Thanks so much…. Tar

Michel Janse: Young, dumb and full of….Gluten

flwr7
Talker
Talker

Post by flwr7 »

Michel is definitely going to be a HIGH MAINTENANCE NOMAD and I would hardly classify her soon to be lifestyle as nomadic. In fact, I did a quick Google search and yeah technically she ain’t going to be no nomad LOL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MableR
Learner
Learner

Post by MableR »

I totally agree with ellie81 (I haven't quite learned how to attach/copy but will get my son to show me, so couldn't do it with ellie81 post. A not tech savvy Senior here..)
I could not believe when Michel said her main reason for wanting to go to Paris was Noglu. She absolutely will say anything--and especially things that don't make sense.
I also am amazed at people who won't use public transportation. I am in the Dallas area and there are places I won't drive but will only use the rail/train system or bus because it is so much easier and less frustrating. There are people here, and everywhere, who turn their noses up at Public Transportation and I would imagine Michel is one of those. It may sound mean, and it's just my opinion, but I can't imagine her on a bus or train/rail.

lagaviota
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lagaviota »

I lived in NYC for 3 years, a decade ago. I'm flabbergasted that her vlog is so uneventful on going to NYC. There's literally SO MUCH TO DO AND SEE!!! But instead she just films herself (and her ugly boyfriend) eating snacks. There are so many areas with amazing restaurants of all kinds of different specialties. Am I the only one that feels claustrophobic watching her traveling vlogs? She's always filming herself (or her feet) in very close-up shorts and I'm like, whoa, I do not need to see you that up close constantly...like she's absolutely scared of what she's doing. Her nomad life will be interesting to see how that develops - she's quite the opposite of a nomad. The only way it would be interesting is if she got a van and lived in it and had to make work little jobs here and there to survive.

youtube_viewer
Learner
Learner

Post by youtube_viewer »

lagaviota wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:44 pm
I lived in NYC for 3 years, a decade ago. I'm flabbergasted that her vlog is so uneventful on going to NYC. There's literally SO MUCH TO DO AND SEE!!! But instead she just films herself (and her ugly boyfriend) eating snacks. There are so many areas with amazing restaurants of all kinds of different specialties. Am I the only one that feels claustrophobic watching her traveling vlogs? She's always filming herself (or her feet) in very close-up shorts and I'm like, whoa, I do not need to see you that up close constantly...like she's absolutely scared of what she's doing. Her nomad life will be interesting to see how that develops - she's quite the opposite of a nomad. The only way it would be interesting is if she got a van and lived in it and had to make work little jobs here and there to survive.
She is too weak to live by herself... Let alone in a van.

thatswhatshesaid1
Talker
Talker

Post by thatswhatshesaid1 »

She’s posting about “Jord’s” song trending or whatever lol. The lyrics are “your twenties are for spending hours and hours pretending……..everybody knows your twenties are for wasting time”. Made me laugh out loud- he’s FOR SURE pretending to like her and FOR SURE wasting her time!! At the cost of her health now too.

ordinaryem
Informer
Informer

Post by ordinaryem »

MableR wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:36 pm
I totally agree with ellie81 (I haven't quite learned how to attach/copy but will get my son to show me, so couldn't do it with ellie81 post. A not tech savvy Senior here..)
I could not believe when Michel said her main reason for wanting to go to Paris was Noglu. She absolutely will say anything--and especially things that don't make sense.
I also am amazed at people who won't use public transportation. I am in the Dallas area and there are places I won't drive but will only use the rail/train system or bus because it is so much easier and less frustrating. There are people here, and everywhere, who turn their noses up at Public Transportation and I would imagine Michel is one of those. It may sound mean, and it's just my opinion, but I can't imagine her on a bus or train/rail.
That really stuck out to me too. Like really, THAT’S why you want to go to Paris?! “Oh good thing I found the same place in NYC, now I don’t have to go to Paris.” It definitely read that way.

radarina
Lurker
Lurker

Post by radarina »

I cringed the whole way through her NYC blog part 1. I just can’t with the taking just one bite out of everything, you can’t give an honest review about a pastry by just one bite.

Let alone it’s also extremely wasteful, unless JordEY just ate the rest.

MableR
Learner
Learner

Post by MableR »

https://wl.seetickets.us/event/Jordy-Se ... lifiedLive

Here's Jordy's show in Dallas. I don't think this is quite Michel's niche. Look at the ticket prices. And as you scroll down, you can see he will have tickets for a Q &A and performance before his actual performance. Seems he might be pretty busy to have somebody following along. Anyway, if you look at the whole site--Amplified Live-it doesn't seem to be Michelish (as she says) or Nancy Drew at all. It just doesn't fit. I've been there. It isn't that big and was more about the food for many--and much about drinking for others. It's good he doesn't have to facetime. I think people expect more professionalism. This isn't Jr High---but where he is performing isn't any big Dallas concert or special. It used to be the Gas Monkey if anybody is familiar with Dallas.

brokat94
Talker
Talker

Post by brokat94 »

Lovelylu wrote:My petty critique… the way she says “tour” made me want to stop watching. It is cringe-inducing. “TYOO-er” ughhh lol
yeeessss!!! I hate how she says tour, it drives me crazy lmao

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

brokat94
Talker
Talker

Post by brokat94 »

& in the tour (too-er ) of the hotel room or whatever she stays in, she's just sososo excited and glad that there's a full length mirror to check outfits. you're that excited about a damn mirror? but I think you mean you're excited to continue to bodycheck and take a video of such to continue to knowingly trigger your viewers.

brokat94
Talker
Talker

Post by brokat94 »

Hi2022 wrote:Her next husband?
that is such an awful picture. & my word they just don't.... make sense together? weirdest couple I've ever seen. my word. it just makes me shudder, lmao

brokat94
Talker
Talker

Post by brokat94 »

Cairinacat wrote:
Hi2022 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:38 pm
Her next husband?
Can you imagine THAT horror looming over you in bed?
lmfao. looming

Return to “Michel Janse”