Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daily mix beauty bootcamp

Post by hannah »

Jesus Christ look at all the free stuff they got
There's some really expensive stuff in there

& I like Amy, Marc annoys the hell out of me how over dramatic he is and Anchal just doesn't seem to have much about her, and makeup tutorials aren't for me anyway.

OutOfLurkingDarkness
Informer
Informer

Post by OutOfLurkingDarkness »

hannah wrote:Jesus Christ look at all the free stuff they got
There's some really expensive stuff in there
Well they are agreeing to their image being put on the internet without receiving direct benefit (well yes, they get subscribers for their individual channels I guess) so I guess they probably were paid for their accommodation and given makeup instead of money.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Re: Constantly Copying Lisa Eldridge

Post by poulet »

That video is Charlotte Tilbury ripoff.
I am sorry, but it just is.
I've just watched both of them.
Nic is sloppier.

IvyBronte
Learner
Learner

Post by IvyBronte »

mt3377 wrote:
niccaplease wrote:Oh my god I CAN'T EVEN!!!!!
1. Why the F is Tanya wearing a leather skirt with those child bearing hips and thunder thys, it looked awful dont understand how she can think she looks good!!!!!
2. Jim has nothing to do with beauty so desperate involving him
3. Ruth looks like a crack addict
4. Constant emphasis on how "HARD" YouTube is in episode 3, this makes me physically sick. Having a job of recording videos in your room and being paid to trek around the country being fake and getting free gifts is not HARD please try a real job or serious degree. Daily mix youtubers have no job apart from YouTube and using social media I cannot understand how they seriously think its a hard job or even a proper career !!!!!! So angry.
Why are you angry about the careers of YouTube gurus? If it's so easy to get millions of followers and ad money and other media opportunities, what is the name of your popular, lucrative channel so that I can check it out?
I believe what she said was that filming videos is not a "hard" thing to do.
And, YouTube is not a career....it's a fad.
It's easy money.
It's a cash flow that will desist once the next trend comes into play.
If you buy into this whole "YouTube is my job, it's work" bull than you need to take a harder look at what you're being sold.
They don't do work. They make videos. They edit videos. They get paid for positive opinion. They accept freebies for shout-outs. There is no work involved in begging people to 'HIT THE LIKE BUTTON AND SUBSCRIBE'.
So, please.
I think she was right on in her assessment of YouTube. She doesn't have to have a 'lucrative channel' to have that opinion.

OutOfLurkingDarkness
Informer
Informer

Post by OutOfLurkingDarkness »

Happy Anchal won. I would like to see what they stick her on since Tanya's the one doing the celeb makeovers and such. Anchal is an *actual* makeup artist, if I were Tan, I'd be slightly worried.

biatchyhoney
Informer
Informer

Post by biatchyhoney »

I'm surprised at how bad Tanya looked. I'm guessing she usually angles her camera from above so her face looks much slimmer in her own videos.

snails
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Sam Singing!

Post by snails »

i've always thought she made weird posey faces at the camera urgh

mt3377
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mt3377 »

IvyBronte wrote:
mt3377 wrote:
niccaplease wrote:Oh my god I CAN'T EVEN!!!!!
1. Why the F is Tanya wearing a leather skirt with those child bearing hips and thunder thys, it looked awful dont understand how she can think she looks good!!!!!
2. Jim has nothing to do with beauty so desperate involving him
3. Ruth looks like a crack addict
4. Constant emphasis on how "HARD" YouTube is in episode 3, this makes me physically sick. Having a job of recording videos in your room and being paid to trek around the country being fake and getting free gifts is not HARD please try a real job or serious degree. Daily mix youtubers have no job apart from YouTube and using social media I cannot understand how they seriously think its a hard job or even a proper career !!!!!! So angry.
Why are you angry about the careers of YouTube gurus? If it's so easy to get millions of followers and ad money and other media opportunities, what is the name of your popular, lucrative channel so that I can check it out?
I believe what she said was that filming videos is not a "hard" thing to do.
And, YouTube is not a career....it's a fad.
It's easy money.
It's a cash flow that will desist once the next trend comes into play.
If you buy into this whole "YouTube is my job, it's work" bull than you need to take a harder look at what you're being sold.
They don't do work. They make videos. They edit videos. They get paid for positive opinion. They accept freebies for shout-outs. There is no work involved in begging people to 'HIT THE LIKE BUTTON AND SUBSCRIBE'.
So, please.
I think she was right on in her assessment of YouTube. She doesn't have to have a 'lucrative channel' to have that opinion.
If it's so easy to be offered endorsement deals, and receive samples from makeup companies and get followers, why don't you do it? It's easy money, according to you. For heaven's sake, this whole board is full of people talking about how gurus are too rich, not rich enough, too thin, too fat, too ugly, too pretty (i.e., "fake") have ugly facial features, etc. etc. And you say it's easy.

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

The finale video - when Mark did Nic's makeup, and the guy in the pink shirt (forgot the name), tells her something like "he did it the way you do it", just look at her reaction, the eyes... I totally see her thinking "he's not better than me!"

mt3377
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Real Makeup Artists Don't Rely on YouTube to Make a Livi

Post by mt3377 »

arclightlux wrote: The only thing they may want to consider doing when they're recreating a look is possibly include a caption that names the key artist. However, for the normal person looking for tips to recreate a celebrity look, I highly doubt they'd care; they're simply there to watch the video.
After every awards show or video from the pop star du jour comes out, YouTube is filled with tutorials of how to recreate the look. And for the most part, these vids are for amateurs looking to recreate the looks on themselves, which requires different techniques than applying it to other people. Therefore, I don't agree with the premise on this board that "real MUAs" show videos of themselves applying makeup to models. For example, if I were a novice at makeup, I'd find Charlotte Tilbury's videos to not be very useful (because she always uses models) - however, because I'm quite skilled at makeup, I can take tips and inspiration from her vids (she's one of the best MUAs in the world & I love her vids, but I'm just using this as an example of why we need all types of MUAs on YouTube).

Likewise the whole credit & stealing thing. Does makeupgirlluvver#2 credit the original makeup artist when doing a Kim Kardashian look? No. Most of the time, it's not done. Because you know why? Nobody cares. Nobody thinks that makeupgirlluvver2988 originated the look - they're interested in how to recreate the looks on their own faces.

YouTube gurus like Pixiwoo provide that service - showing people how to put make up on their own faces. That's what I come to YouTube to see.

hearts&flowers
Debater
Debater

Post by hearts&flowers »

mt3377 wrote: If it's so easy to be offered endorsement deals, and receive samples from makeup companies and get followers, why don't you do it? It's easy money, according to you. For heaven's sake, this whole board is full of people talking about how gurus are too rich, not rich enough, too thin, too fat, too ugly, too pretty (i.e., "fake") have ugly facial features, etc. etc. And you say it's easy.
I think most you tubers got lucky (right place, right time) and some of them did well with networking to get their names/channels out there. Most of them put in a few hours a day, if that, and just film themselves (with no special effects or fancy editing); I would certainly call that "easy money."

versus
Learner
Learner

Post by versus »

If it's so easy to be offered endorsement deals, and receive samples from makeup companies and get followers, why don't you do it? It's easy money, according to you. For heaven's sake, this whole board is full of people talking about how gurus are too rich, not rich enough, too thin, too fat, too ugly, too pretty (i.e., "fake") have ugly facial features, etc. etc. And you say it's easy.
 I think you're right on the part that it is difficult to be criticized on everything,even on the things that have nothing to do with what you do and with the people that criticize you.(I personally couldn't do it,because I'm super shy and self-conscious,so I respect them for being brave enough to ''put themselves out there'').But I still don't think that it's particularly difficult either. They have more talent than average teenage hauls-monthly favorites-ootd-vlog-glossybox-jewelmint ''beauty gurus'' and they like to do makeup.So they (most of the time) recreate looks of someone else,which lets them to do what they like,get money,free stuff,fans,get all kinds of offers that they wouldn't get if they weren't famous and not have a 9-5 job with angry boss and stuff, without making an enormous effort for it.
Also,it has a lot to do with luck and being in the right place at the right time,some people can try their hardest to create an original content and never get more that a few subscribers and others can bullshit their way up and get tons of them. So it's a lot more complicated than ''so just get it if it's that easy''
So although youtube has it's cons too,I think they have it a lot easier and more enjoyable than people that have to force themselves to get up every morning and go to their ordinary jobs and get a crappy salary for that.

IvyBronte
Learner
Learner

Post by IvyBronte »

mt3377 wrote:If it's so easy to be offered endorsement deals, and receive samples from makeup companies and get followers, why don't you do it? It's easy money, according to you. For heaven's sake, this whole board is full of people talking about how gurus are too rich, not rich enough, too thin, too fat, too ugly, too pretty (i.e., "fake") have ugly facial features, etc. etc. And you say it's easy.

First of all, the fact that you assume people aren't doing YouTube because it's "Oh-so-hard" is humorous.
Let me clue you in as to WHY I won't do it:
1. I HAVE a job.
2. I have an education with a very hard earned degree specializing in a field that I deem respectable.
I worked for it. I'm proud of it.
3. I would never plaster myself (desperately) on the internet because I'm not the attention-whoring type.
4. I am very comfortable with my salary for doing ACTUAL work.

Also, you seem a little lost regarding the forum and what it is about (particularly the TRASH A GURU section).
This whole "board is full of" opinions. This is not an ass-kissing section. People here are discussing things that may or may not be of a flattering nature.
But, guess what?
These YouTuber's put themselves out there to be discussed. It's part of the territory.
It goes with the hard, tedious, strenuous nature of being in your room and filming 10 minute videos.
Oh, and let's not forget the "recieving samples", and the "getting followers"....ah, these poor tired girls.
How can they go on? Such demanding and laborious careers....the horror.....

mt3377
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mt3377 »

IvyBronte wrote:
mt3377 wrote:If it's so easy to be offered endorsement deals, and receive samples from makeup companies and get followers, why don't you do it? It's easy money, according to you. For heaven's sake, this whole board is full of people talking about how gurus are too rich, not rich enough, too thin, too fat, too ugly, too pretty (i.e., "fake") have ugly facial features, etc. etc. And you say it's easy.

First of all, the fact that you assume people aren't doing YouTube because it's "Oh-so-hard" is humorous.
1. I HAVE a job.
2. I have an education with a very hard earned degree specializing in a field that I deem respectable.
3. I would never plaster myself (desperately) on the internet because I'm not the attention-whoring type.

Also, you seem a little lost regarding the forum and what it is about (particularly the TRASH A GURU section).
This whole "board is full of" opinions. This is not an ass-kissing section. People here are discussing things that may or may not be of a flattering nature.
But, guess what?
These YouTuber's put themselves out there to be discussed. It's part of the territory.
It goes with the hard, tedious, strenuous nature of being in your room and filming 10 minute videos.
Oh, and let's not forget the "recieving samples", and the "getting followers"....ah, these poor tired girls.
How nice for you, darling. Why do they need demanding and laborious careers? Do you work in a Burmese sweatshop? And these women aren't filming from their rooms, they rent a studio, but even if they were, they are providing a service that people want -- instruction on how to apply makeup. Am I to understand that you just hate the idea of makeup artists filming instructional vids on principle? Also, makeup artistry is respectable.

Your criticisms of these women are ridiculous.

Buttonspally
Debater
Debater

Post by Buttonspally »

when i read that jim was going to be involved in the "show" i had to laugh, how does this man manage to insert himself into things that he really has no business being involved in. I wonder was it his idea or tanyas tbh. Getting quite bored with this little group plastering themselves all around youtube. Bored now

JuliaWinston

Post by JuliaWinston »

The episode where Tanya shows up in a leather skirt was just horrible. Between Sam's weirdly placed double loop belt, Nic's insane white-trash hooker look (the hair!!) and Tanya's terrible skirt with a pocket right around her belly (really Tanya?) - that lot should really hire a stylist. Daily Mix is looking more and more amateur by the hour.

IvyBronte
Learner
Learner

Post by IvyBronte »

mt3377 wrote:
IvyBronte wrote:

1. I HAVE a job.

But, guess what?
Oh, and let's not forget the "receiving samples", and the "getting followers"....ah, these poor tired girls.
How nice for you, darling. Why do they need demanding and laborious careers? Do you work in a Burmese sweatshop? And these women aren't filming from their rooms, they rent a studio, but even if they were, they are providing a service that people want -- instruction on how to apply makeup. Am I to understand that you just hate the idea of makeup artists filming instructional vids on principle? Also, makeup artistry is respectable.

Your criticisms of these women are ridiculous.
Contrary to popular belief, your "darlings"/"sweeties" (and the like) don't put you on the top end of the conversation. In fact, your lame attempts to be condescending are over-reaching and old.
With that said, I never said you HAD TO have a laborious and demanding career. My sarcasm reflected the fact that you seem to be under the impression that filming yourself for 10 minutes is such a hard job. It's not.
I stand by that opinion.
And I'm sorry I mention a room and not a studio, I was generalizing all the OTHER YouTuber's who do just that.
No, to answer your question, I do not hate the idea of any makeup artist filming any instructional video. What I do hate however, is their sycophantic, obsessive, blind, followers claiming that it's extremely hard.
Yes, Make up Artistry IS respectable. Dwindling that down to a job wherein you just put make up on yourselves, film a couple videos a week, and contribute to something as laughable as "Daily Mix Beauty Boot Camp" isn't respectable. Again, that's MY opinion, you have yours.
So we should agree to disagree and move on. I don't want to litter this thread any more than we already did.

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

anyone noticed how in every conversation Tanya had with the contestants, she turned it to herself.. like saying "Oh I like this, this is so me, me me me me meeeee" :D Or did I just take it a such?

tubhouse
Informer
Informer

Re: Real Makeup Artists Don't Rely on YouTube to Make a Livi

Post by tubhouse »

mt3377 wrote:
arclightlux wrote: The only thing they may want to consider doing when they're recreating a look is possibly include a caption that names the key artist. However, for the normal person looking for tips to recreate a celebrity look, I highly doubt they'd care; they're simply there to watch the video.
After every awards show or video from the pop star du jour comes out, YouTube is filled with tutorials of how to recreate the look. And for the most part, these vids are for amateurs looking to recreate the looks on themselves, which requires different techniques than applying it to other people. Therefore, I don't agree with the premise on this board that "real MUAs" show videos of themselves applying makeup to models. For example, if I were a novice at makeup, I'd find Charlotte Tilbury's videos to not be very useful (because she always uses models) - however, because I'm quite skilled at makeup, I can take tips and inspiration from her vids (she's one of the best MUAs in the world & I love her vids, but I'm just using this as an example of why we need all types of MUAs on YouTube).

Likewise the whole credit & stealing thing. Does makeupgirlluvver#2 credit the original makeup artist when doing a Kim Kardashian look? No. Most of the time, it's not done. Because you know why? Nobody cares. Nobody thinks that makeupgirlluvver2988 originated the look - they're interested in how to recreate the looks on their own faces.

YouTube gurus like Pixiwoo provide that service - showing people how to put make up on their own faces. That's what I come to YouTube to see.
But Pixiwoo bill themselves as pro makeup artists who can and should be creating their own original looks. It's lazy and misleading to copy another artist (whom they believe themselves to be on par with) and not give due credit. No one thinks some little teenager in her bedroom created the looks they're recreating, but that's not a naive assumption to make on Pixiwoo's part because they force themselves to be recognized at that caliber.

Grayditch
Talker
Talker

Post by Grayditch »

doggymayday wrote:anyone noticed how in every conversation Tanya had with the contestants, she turned it to herself.. like saying "Oh I like this, this is so me, me me me me meeeee" :D Or did I just take it a such?

True she always does that ! ;)

- Moon of my life.
- My sun and stars.
<3

Return to “Pixiwoo”