clothesencounters

flossyboss
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: clothesencounters

Post by flossyboss »

i've never followed jen during her thrifty times with sarah. i've only followed her since last sept. tbh i saw right through her pseudo-intellectual facade since i first saw her. i used to be like that when i was 15/16/17 when i hung out with dirty hipsters in soho. i mean hell, my favorite authors WERE chuck palanhuik and haruki murakami (albeit, murakami's literature does hold true to me even now).

however, i still subscribed because i admittedly like her style (yeah, she does sponsored videos out the ass, but she gotta pay off those loans).

my speculation is that she has this persona on because of the crew she hangs out with. claire and soothingsista are hipstery bay area-ish esque (i know claire isn't from cali but you guys get what i mean), but at least they're much genuine with it. like they've that way for awhile, but jen has put on this persona so she can fit amongst that group. i mean, let's be honest, if she still had that valley girl accent wearing feminine "preppy" clothes, she would stand out like a sore thumb.

it's somewhat surprising that she wasn't like this before, because i knew a lot of people like her current persona into thrifting and what not but i guess she was genuine with it when she was with sarah.

Snow_angel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Snow_angel »

She lightened her hair again...I like her best with dark hard ): and longer hair. Ugh I just miss the old her. When she was slimmer and prettier and put effort in her videos. When her style was pure shit and her channel a commercial of sponsorships.

ReiRei
Informer
Informer

Post by ReiRei »

Her latest video was basically crop top+mum jeans+chunky shoes.... Nothing new as per usual..

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

I finally unfollowed her on Instagram because she kept posting her face everywhere. At least with Claire, we get some scenic shots or outfit shots. Jenn just likes to plaster her face in everything. It was getting annoying.

jimi
Informer
Informer

Post by jimi »

I saw some comments on Claire's recent hairstyle video ragging on her about copying Jenn's hair video. Wth do people not read the info box or get their facts straight. Both of them learned it from Anna Lee. And honestly both of their videos were kinda unnecessary. Sometimes I don't know how Jenn gets so many likes and so few dislikes on crap videos like her hair tutorial one. I like Jenn and even I could tell it was mostly a vanity video.

ilovemakeupbyali
Learner
Learner

Post by ilovemakeupbyali »

I find it strange how people say Sarah didn't get much attention. Every video I see I always see compliments about sarah and people missing sarah etc etc

example;

Toniitalian1 year ago

Definitely Sarah is the sexiest of the three. Better looking too and sexier body. Just my opinion.

Amy Moon1 month ago

OMG Sarah I miss her so much she's so funny and cool wah T.T

adiebonnielass1 year ago

sarah is so pretty

naniomitendayo1 year ago

I love jenn, but I miss sarah too =(

?

I mean

emjenc
Lurker
Lurker

Post by emjenc »

Sarah was always my favourite, even from the beginning. I thought she was prettier and her short hair looked amazing! At the time, I thought Jenn was more conventionally pretty and "cute" (but not really anymore). Sarah was more soft-spoken and her style was more classy. I remember during Jenn's winter vlog last year, she met up with Sarah and they filmed each other's OOTDs. I remember really liking Sarah's and thinking Jenn's was quite ugly.

On another unrelated note, I really hate her newsboy cap, it reminds me of the early 2000s when everyone was into the trend and it was never a good look.

rilakkuma_style
Learner
Learner

Post by rilakkuma_style »

Wow, it's a little shocking that she did the BFF tag with Steph, thought she was BFFs with Sarah... I feel like Jenn is pimping out Steph though :$

jimi
Informer
Informer

Post by jimi »

^ While I agree Jenn seems to promote Stephanie a little too much for my liking, I think the comments going "Why isn't this with Sarah?" "What about Sarah?" and "I guess she and Sarah aren't friends anymore" are just extremely unfair. Jenn and Sarah already explained the distance factor over and over again. While the tag is misleadingly named (because people can have more than one best friend, SHOCKER), it is for simplicity purposes, not to be taken so damn literally. She's allowed to make new friends and to become close to people other than Sarah. I can vouch for her in that I don't have a lot of close friends, and a couple of my best friends don't even live near me anymore. But we are still best friends and love each other as much as ever when we get the chance to see each other again.

seorika
Learner
Learner

Post by seorika »

I'm guessing that Jenn and Steph did the tag together because it would be mutually beneficial for both of their YouTube channels. It makes sense since Sarah doesn't do YouTube any more, or have any public social media platforms (that I know of).

LaLaLaLaHateYou

Post by LaLaLaLaHateYou »

I find Stephanie to be rather boring. She's pretty and knows how to apply makeup well (for her face) -- and she'll probably get far on YT just because of that -- but she just seems typical, lol.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

What the fuck is she wearing?

Souleste
Talker
Talker

Post by Souleste »

Oh Jenn... I've subscribed, unsubscribed, subscribed, and unsubscribed in that order. I think it's just that I need constant breaks from her obvious attempts to sound like an intellect. I do like some of her outfits and don't think they're all that bad, but when I like them, I can't fucking afford them. :x
I still follow her on instagram though, and her constant mentions of Stephanie is starting to piss me off. Her face is very strong and I genuinely dislike brows that look too drawn and arched.
I only have a mild dislike for Jenn right now because of her hipster vibes. I find myself only bearing to watch her videos every 3 to 4 months.
Jealous of her teeth though D;

Learner
Learner

Post by 123456 »

How is it that Jenn wears something so awful to literally EVERY meet & greet/ closet sale when you know you'll get a lot of pictures taken and meet a lot of people? Too lazy to post all the outfits, if someone else can do the compilation that would be great haha (ie. NY meet&greet, 7 for all mankind m&g, all the davis flea market closet sale outfits..(i'll admit the cosmic ny party outfit was done right and cute))
But yeah this is something that comes to mind each and every time I see her outfits for her meet&greet etc. It's like you can tell she's trying too hard to look fancy/ unique but they never flatter her body and just look plain awful. Anyone agree?

Coyote
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Coyote »

emmygues wrote:Image

What the fuck is she wearing?
I she starting to copy how Claire takings OOTD photos? Claire has a gold mirror too.
(Jealous of those shoes tho. I like them.)

Winnie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Winnie »

Jen is lucky she's cute and skinny because her taste in clothes is atrocious. :barf: Her outfits are so '90s in the worst possible way.

batbanana
Learner
Learner

Post by batbanana »

^ I think she's flattered. LOL

Snow_angel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Snow_angel »

^^ what's wrong with her legs? They look weirdly shaped and her knees are like pinky red?

In her new makeup haul her makeup looks so cakey and gross!! Girlfriend needs to moisturize and exfoliate big time.

mermaidcoffin
Learner
Learner

Post by mermaidcoffin »

another video to show how pretty she is

LaLaLaLaHateYou

Post by LaLaLaLaHateYou »

I agree. She looked really pretty in that video, lol. I usually think she is on the prettier side of average, but she looked great, ha. Also, I'm super jealous of her pearly whites too.

It looks like her parallel double eyelid is staying put too. I wonder if she had been using eyelid tape.

Return to “Jenn Im”