Michel Janse Part 2

fizzwizz12

Michel Janse Part 2

Post by fizzwizz12 »

Please Continue here ....
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

boxmanofshoe
Learner
Learner

Re: Michel Janse Part 2

Post by boxmanofshoe »

I think she is more watchable bc I now understand why she was acting the way she was. SHe was overcompensating for her painful and unloving home.

Mischief

Post by Mischief »

Thanks for the new thread @fizzwizz12!

I just started watching Michel because of here but so far I am finding her post break up very relatable and she seems very honest and raw. It's refreshing.
And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed...Just to get it all out, what's in my head...And I, I am feeling a little peculiar...And so I wake in the morning and I step outside...And I take a deep breath and I get real high...And I scream from the top of my lungs..."What's going on?"...

gurugoss
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by gurugoss »

Sure, Michel may have been “acting” to overcompensate to hide her pain/sadness before she announced her divorce, but that does not excuse or negate the facts about what she did. She lied about the sourcing of her summer mornings products, uses her followers and guilts them into increasing her income by using her links/watching her ads, and ‘changes’ her opinions in companies the second they offer to sponsor her. Not to mention selling free products (e.g. Everlane clothes) to turn a profit. Yes, I’m sympathetic to her situation with Brook, but I will not support someone who has done and keeps doing some or all of the above.

honey17
Lurker
Lurker

Post by honey17 »

I’ve been reading here since the original SM “scandal” and finally made an account. Brain dump of lots of thoughts…

I’m not surprised by the divorce. Surprised it ruins her life-is-perfect appearance sure, but not at all surprised it didn’t work out. Brook was an absolute JERK! I know she would defend him over and over but honestly I never once saw the “sweet” side she said he had. I know he hated being on YouTube - which I do find kinda weird considering he knew when he met never mind married her that she was actively persuing YouTube as a career and wanted to quit serving, maybe keeping acting on the side. But she wanted to be a “YouTuber” and I don’t think he fully supported that one bit. On the podcast he said how embarrassed he was about her doing ads, and he really put her down.

One thing I don’t think I’ve seen mentioned is again on the podcast - one of the last episodes but can’t remember which - he joked about cycling through wives every 3-4 years. The fact his mom didn’t “let” her in family pictures even when they were engaged is a HUGE red flag. Monster in law for sure. When they talked about Brook’s mom on the podcast Brook wouldn jokingly downplay her actions in general and Michel would be all “noooo. she’s. sweet.” As if she had a gun to her head, not genuine but knowing she can’t slag off her mother in law. She alluded to Brook’s siblings not being nice too. I remember in a late Christmas celebration vlog from 2020 all of her reactions with his siblings/siblings partners and children was SO awkward. Not Michel’s fault, she was being genuine and sweet and it was like she was a random person who turned up uninvited.

I think this new apartment in TX, close to family and old friends, will really be SOOO good for her. She deserves happiness as does everyone and despite the shady shit that happened with SM I think she still has a strong fan base with potential to create an even bigger one. I do think she’ll get into dating way too quickly though, I see her married, settled down and ready to buy a big house with land in TX in the next two years…

Cairinacat
Talker
Talker

Post by Cairinacat »

honey17 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:55 am
I’ve been reading here since the original SM “scandal” and finally made an account. Brain dump of lots of thoughts…

I’m not surprised by the divorce. Surprised it ruins her life-is-perfect appearance sure, but not at all surprised it didn’t work out. Brook was an absolute JERK! I know she would defend him over and over but honestly I never once saw the “sweet” side she said he had. I know he hated being on YouTube - which I do find kinda weird considering he knew when he met never mind married her that she was actively persuing YouTube as a career and wanted to quit serving, maybe keeping acting on the side. But she wanted to be a “YouTuber” and I don’t think he fully supported that one bit. On the podcast he said how embarrassed he was about her doing ads, and he really put her down.

One thing I don’t think I’ve seen mentioned is again on the podcast - one of the last episodes but can’t remember which - he joked about cycling through wives every 3-4 years. The fact his mom didn’t “let” her in family pictures even when they were engaged is a HUGE red flag. Monster in law for sure. When they talked about Brook’s mom on the podcast Brook wouldn jokingly downplay her actions in general and Michel would be all “noooo. she’s. sweet.” As if she had a gun to her head, not genuine but knowing she can’t slag off her mother in law. She alluded to Brook’s siblings not being nice too. I remember in a late Christmas celebration vlog from 2020 all of her reactions with his siblings/siblings partners and children was SO awkward. Not Michel’s fault, she was being genuine and sweet and it was like she was a random person who turned up uninvited.

I think this new apartment in TX, close to family and old friends, will really be SOOO good for her. She deserves happiness as does everyone and despite the shady shit that happened with SM I think she still has a strong fan base with potential to create an even bigger one. I do think she’ll get into dating way too quickly though, I see her married, settled down and ready to buy a big house with land in TX in the next two years…
I finally made an account too.
I've been watching her for a few years and I always felt something was off with brook. I was surprised when she started bringing him on to see he was so different from her.

She's made some mistakes with the business side for sure, but looking at timing it was when her health really got bad and her marriage really started tanking.
I think she was overcompensating putting all her energy into her business ventures because her marriage and health sucked so bad. She wasn't happy so she was faking that she was and everything was great because she was probably both scared and in denial. I give her a lot of leeway because she is so young.

Looking at her health I'm wondering how much of that was triggered by the stress of her marriage. I was interested in her health journey because that always seemed very authentic. She seemed to downplay how bad it was and it felt genuine with her personality. She wasn't faking, her damn fingernails fell off.
I'm betting now that Brook is gone, her health will be a lot better. I think he was a big factor in a lot of this whole situation.

880abc
Talker
Talker

Post by 880abc »

True, even her doctors told her she needed to manage her stress to improve her health. She played it off as work stress but I bet a lot of it came from an unhappy home life. I think it's good for her that she left LA right away too, I think the distance will help her heal and build her independence.

NumberyTon
Learner
Learner

Post by NumberyTon »

Business fiascos aside, i feel that Michel is pretty authentic in how she expresses her feelings and that is why I initially enjoyed watching her. That's also what makes this new phase so interesting. I actually had unsubscribed because she was boring and because she was selling overpriced misleading Ali baba products, but i re subscribed after the divorce video dropped. Both because i felt she could use the support, and also because the content was better.

Brook may have had some good sides but he was so toxic to her in so many ways and I'm so glad she's out! He was especially rude to her on the podcast.

Lovelylu
Informer
Informer

Post by Lovelylu »

NumberyTon wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:26 am
Business fiascos aside, i feel that Michel is pretty authentic in how she expresses her feelings and that is why I initially enjoyed watching her. That's also what makes this new phase so interesting. I actually had unsubscribed because she was boring and because she was selling overpriced misleading Ali baba products, but i re subscribed after the divorce video dropped. Both because i felt she could use the support, and also because the content was better.

Brook may have had some good sides but he was so toxic to her in so many ways and I'm so glad she's out! He was especially rude to her on the podcast.
I totally agree! I had never listened to their podcast before the divorce but after reading some discussion about it here I went and listened to a couple and they made me so sad. I think she really tried to adapt and go outside of her comfort zone for him and he was totally unwilling to do that for her. He comes off as such an asshole in that podcast especially. I hope they both mature and find authentic happiness going forward.

And I sincerely hope Michel finds her own inner strength and learns to let go of her people pleasing tendencies. I think that will help her so much.

boxmanofshoe
Learner
Learner

Post by boxmanofshoe »

gurugoss wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:46 pm
Sure, Michel may have been “acting” to overcompensate to hide her pain/sadness before she announced her divorce, but that does not excuse or negate the facts about what she did. She lied about the sourcing of her summer mornings products, uses her followers and guilts them into increasing her income by using her links/watching her ads, and ‘changes’ her opinions in companies the second they offer to sponsor her. Not to mention selling free products (e.g. Everlane clothes) to turn a profit. Yes, I’m sympathetic to her situation with Brook, but I will not support someone who has done and keeps doing some or all of the above.
I am not ignoring the mistakes and bad things she did, but I better understand them. I also think she is very young and still has a lot to learn and ways to grow. I also think when people are in bad situations (which hers sounds emotionally abusive) that they make poor decisions bc you are just trying to survive.

Bellflowers
Talker
Talker

Post by Bellflowers »

gurugoss wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:46 pm
Agree. Michel can/will spin the breakup to her advantage. Brook's side will never be known, so she can say what puts her in the best light and benefits her.

I am also sympathetic to her situation with Brook but that is only a portion of what she puts on YouTube. A massive Free People clothing haul now to be sold.

Mischief

Post by Mischief »

YouTube is being a little messy and just recommended me to watch her Engagement video. It's so awkward and sad to watch now.
And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed...Just to get it all out, what's in my head...And I, I am feeling a little peculiar...And so I wake in the morning and I step outside...And I take a deep breath and I get real high...And I scream from the top of my lungs..."What's going on?"...

lemon211
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lemon211 »

Mischief wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:05 pm

YouTube is being a little messy and just recommended me to watch her Engagement video. It's so awkward and sad to watch now.
I know, all of her marriage-related videos have been in my recommended. I saw her wedding video's views go up by almost 10,000 views, which is crazy. There are people in the comments of her wedding video talking about how sad the video is now that they're getting divorced, which can't feel great to Michel

Somewhererainbow
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Somewhererainbow »

I might be overthinking and this may be an awful thought.. maybe she hasn't taken them down or put them on private because she can still make money off these old videos?

gurugoss
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by gurugoss »

Somewhererainbow wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:03 pm
I might be overthinking and this may be an awful thought.. maybe she hasn't taken them down or put them on private because she can still make money off these old videos?
1000000%. I expect literally nothing less

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Post by Selia11 »

Somewhererainbow wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:03 pm
She knows that people are curious to know more about her now ex-husband. So More views = More $$$

Beastsofbeauty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Beastsofbeauty »

I think it is going to be interesting to see what her views are like in six months. I figure by then the divorce novelty will be gone for most people, and the Summer Mornings stuff will have mostly been forgotten.

Bellflowers
Talker
Talker

Post by Bellflowers »

Beastsofbeauty wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:37 am
I think it is going to be interesting to see what her views are like in six months. I figure by then the divorce novelty will be gone for most people, and the Summer Mornings stuff will have mostly been forgotten.
True!

She knows people are intrigued right now. She wants to keep this divorce relevant as long as she can but it will become old news. Expect her to keep mentioning Brook.

Summer Mornings will fade away.

wasitevenreal
Learner
Learner

Post by wasitevenreal »

In the vlog she just posted, she talked about how she was still going to send Brook his Christmas present because she's a 'woman of her word'... ooof, that's kind of sad. :(

sewinglife
Learner
Learner

Post by sewinglife »

wasitevenreal wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:39 pm
In the vlog she just posted, she talked about how she was still going to send Brook his Christmas present because she's a 'woman of her word'... ooof, that's kind of sad. :(
What the hell?? Someone tell her to sell it and use the money for a tattoo or a giant freaking cake for herself. You're not obligated to be nice to this guy anymore! He is an EX! Dunno what she did with her ring but I hope she didn't send it back to him. Weddings rings are considered a gift. Its your property! So much uuuuggh.

Return to “Michel Janse”