Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Carrie Dayton: Part 4

Post by barrol o monkeys »

Sunshine and Wine wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:59 pm
Leanne wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:58 pm

Same! Though I hate the white ones more, those are just the ugliest damn shoes.
I hear ya. And maybe I just have NO fashion sense, but all of her outfits don't work for me. Call me crazy, but I thought her clothing choices when she was posting her storytime videos back in the day were REALLY cute! I know aging is hard and finding a new 'look' isn't easy. But...c'mon, girl. Surely you can do better...
I totally agree! She used to dress super cute! I didn't find her during her storytime era, I found her when she started to thrift, but when then she used to dress pretty cute. Over the years, especially as she's gotten bigger, I feel like she's just been hiding under bigger things for the most part, and when she's not hiding she's wearing something highly unflattering.

I clearly think she's uncomfortable with her size but can't bring herself to say anything because of the position she put herself in.

Maybe she's dressing super dated because she's trying to relive her younger years when she felt super insecure about herself? 🤷‍♀️

camelstoes
Talker
Talker

Post by camelstoes »

Her latest thrift haul made me wonder if people in LA just dress differently because it’s so far off what’s in style or even trendy where I live (still in North America) that it makes me question myself. I thought that Jean skirt was tragic, most of the haul was. It seems like she wants to dress more like early 20-somethings are dressing these days but I just don’t think it suits her at all. That’s not to say a 35 (I think this is her age?) year old can’t wear the trendy stuff, but I think it needs to be done in a more tasteful way to give her the confidence that would have her pulling off the looks. She just seems so uncomfortable in the clothes, and I don’t know if that’s because she’s forcing herself to dress in ways she doesn’t like to stay on trend or what, but I’d love to see someone else style her. And not that Schultzzie video from a few years ago, that was tragic in its own way.

smmiley20
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by smmiley20 »

I agree, I hate the white cowboy boots as well.

I’m currently watching her Halloween horror nights vlog and I have some thoughts. One thing that really drive me nuts is when she says “I’ll try to document it but we’re just living our lives” … like okay but your job is to show us your life lmfao you’re supposed to get content to keep people watching. And I’m not saying she has to be recording 24/7/365 but idk maybe it’s just me 😂

camelstoes
Talker
Talker

Post by camelstoes »

So true! It just reeks of “I thought I was going to vlog this for content, but I forgot/was too lazy”. I think if you're actually living your life you don’t document all the lead up to something and a few half-assed shots from whatever you were doing, and then do the full debrief after it. I think you would just mention it in passing, just post the photos, or not even bring it up to begin with. That being said however, I am part of the problem here because I watch her super half-assed stuff!

barrol o monkeys
Gossiper
Gossiper

I do not understand Carrie. She clearly doesn't like her size and I feel like she does a fair amount of stuff that, like, young 20 swings would do (Disney all day every day), but then she turns around and says she's old and dresses old. I think she's telling heard this but telling her audience. I don't think she actually thinks she's in her 30s. I mean, just because your on your 30s doesn't mean you can't dress cute. She went from decent style to grandpa and it do not understand.

numitie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by numitie »

Carrie seems to be slowly getting more and more pissed off at her neighbors, and I'm hoping for some drama soon. Did anyone notice her face in one of her latest vlogs when she mentions (while basically drunk) that her neighbor's baby "cries all the time"? Whereas initially she said they couldn't hear the neighbor at all. Also, she is bringing up more and more the traffic noise. She also was weirdly apologetic about an outlet in her wall or something like that (I didn't even see anything wrong with it, and I only hate-watch her).

Sunshine and Wine
Learner
Learner

Post by Sunshine and Wine »

barrol o monkeys wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:08 am
I do not understand Carrie. She clearly doesn't like her size and I feel like she does a fair amount of stuff that, like, young 20 swings would do (Disney all day every day), but then she turns around and says she's old and dresses old. I think she's telling heard this but telling her audience. I don't think she actually thinks she's in her 30s. I mean, just because your on your 30s doesn't mean you can't dress cute. She went from decent style to grandpa and it do not understand.
You're pretty perceptive, Barrel O Monkeys and Numitie. I, too, have noticed that Carrie is a walking contradiction. Though I don't know what is going on in her head, her behavior suggests that she has A LOT of cognitive dissonance (valuing and saying one thing but doing another). I think people do this when they are trying to be seen as a 'good person.' I think Carrie still has a lot of baggage and guilt from the way she treated others in the past. And now what we are seeing are desperate attempts to 'repent' for the past. It's like...girl. Don't try so hard. It isn't working, IMO.

And in regards to her fashion choices, either she is trying to be quirkily ironic or she really believes her style is on point. I'm not sure which one it is but all I can say is...I don't get it. :roll:

Sunshine and Wine
Learner
Learner

Apologies for the back-to-back post, but just happened to see that Carrie just uploaded a new video discussing her take on how...'thin is back in.' I could only get through about two minutes of the video. Nevertheless, one of the arguments I heard her present was the idea that 'bodies are not a trend.' While I get that body shape/sizes should not be that way, the truth of the matter is that...they are. Certain body part sizes come and go just like fashion. And not to be super petty but...shouldn't Carrie know that being a fashion influencer and all? Anyway, yet again just another confirmation of the girl's stunted/immature emotional age. The righteous, self-indignation tone was palpable.

On a completely different note, I really liked the dirty blonde color of her hair paired with the navy blue sweater with stars on it. It worked :)

judgeydrudgey
Lurker
Lurker

Post by judgeydrudgey »

numitie wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:27 pm
Carrie seems to be slowly getting more and more pissed off at her neighbors, and I'm hoping for some drama soon. Did anyone notice her face in one of her latest vlogs when she mentions (while basically drunk) that her neighbor's baby "cries all the time"? Whereas initially she said they couldn't hear the neighbor at all. Also, she is bringing up more and more the traffic noise. She also was weirdly apologetic about an outlet in her wall or something like that (I didn't even see anything wrong with it, and I only hate-watch her).
She finds something wrong with everywhere she lives, at some point you gotta recognize that if you have a problem in every situation you’re in, maybe you’re the problem. I understood her frustration with the rat issue in AZ, totally understandable. But her experience last time in LA and now, part of that is just something you deal with living in a big city. You can’t control your neighbors

rva1
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by rva1 »

She is absolutely lit in vlogmas #3 at disney lol please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that. Does she drive home after a day like this?? I hate pearl clutching but this was over the top, either that or she's just extremely obnoxious when around these friends

ETA: Alexa (who I don't think was drinking) looking very sick of Carrie's shit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

abcdef96
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by abcdef96 »

I've been a lurker on here for awhile, but I agree. Alexa looked uncomfortable this video. Almost like she didn't really wanna be on camera. Also, I kinda got second hand embarrassment from their yelling and shouting on the rides. Don't get me wrong, I love yelling on rides out of excitement, but for some reason seeing them shouting and being loud the entire ride (or all the clips she shared) would annoy me if I had to share a car with them... Am I being harsh? LOL

FendiLover712
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by FendiLover712 »

I can’t believe she would drink and drive. And then to vlog it so others realize that she drove under the influence. 🙄

Beachvibesallday
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Beachvibesallday »

Yeah I felt like she was acting so cringe from the moment she was with Alexa and Karina… I didn’t know if she was drunk or what because it seemed to last all day. I didn’t watch the whole thing because it was making me so uncomfortable. Was she still drunk when she drove home??

Leanne
Learner
Learner

Post by Leanne »

Leanne wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:09 am
Is it just me or did she seem very tipsy in the disney vlog? Maybe she was just acting like it, but I felt really uncomfortable that she drove home.
Quoting my own post from august, because she definitely gave same vibes again. Can't really tell if she's drunk or just being obnoxious. Definitely don't feel good about seeing her drive home after disney day.

Sunshine and Wine
Learner
Learner

Leanne wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:22 pm
Leanne wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:09 am
Is it just me or did she seem very tipsy in the disney vlog? Maybe she was just acting like it, but I felt really uncomfortable that she drove home.
Quoting my own post from august, because she definitely gave same vibes again. Can't really tell if she's drunk or just being obnoxious. Definitely don't feel good about seeing her drive home after disney day.
And isn't it funny how Carrie constantly claims (or at least used to back in her storytime days) how much of an 'old lady' she is? Always going off about how she doesn't party and can't have more than like three drinks in one day due to severe hangovers/illness? Seems a little hypocritical to me...

abcdef96
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by abcdef96 »

okay, carrie just posted a new photo dump on instagram and captioned it "Happy mems with my fav guys before I got sick for the 4th time since June".... I mean she's been going out (disney like 50 times) and doing a lot of things in high populated areas so I think anyone is gonna get sick eventually especially during cold/flu season....

Leanne
Learner
Learner

Post by Leanne »

abcdef96 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:43 pm
okay, carrie just posted a new photo dump on instagram and captioned it "Happy mems with my fav guys before I got sick for the 4th time since June".... I mean she's been going out (disney like 50 times) and doing a lot of things in high populated areas so I think anyone is gonna get sick eventually especially during cold/flu season....
I wouldn't be surprised if she has covid. It's still around and lately in my country several influencers have caught it for the second time.

gracevprice
Lurker
Lurker

Post by gracevprice »

But can we talk about the lip filler .. Please!! :o

camelstoes
Talker
Talker

Post by camelstoes »

How do you feel about them? I think it looks pretty nice! But it's fitting she got them done - everyone is sticking all kinds of crap in their face these days and our girl just follows every single trend regardless of if it works for her or not

barrol o monkeys
Gossiper
Gossiper

She's been far too boring for be to watch.

But I do find it funny that so these body positivity influencers preach accepting your body but will go and get some sorta cosmetic surgery - even minor done. So your body is acceptable being fat and at risk of health complications, but your shallow enough to get completely unnecessary lip filler? Hypocrites~

That said, I don't care that she got them done, I just find it completely hypocritical of her preachings.

Return to “Carrie Dayton”