Alexandra Anele

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Alexandra Anele

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

I had to Google a skintone chart because this was annoying me. You're right her skin is essentially a warm undertone, or even if she is "olive" she's not a dainty "fair" rare skintone smh

skintone chart.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

She is a good few shades darker than me and I wouldn't say I'm fair even. I'm light.
She's medium.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Alliecat_57
Learner
Learner

Post by Alliecat_57 »

Same here, she has a similar skin tone to me and I always say I’m light/medium yellow toned, sometimes medium in some foundations

mindystclair
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by mindystclair »

I'm an actual fair olive. I used to believe her about her skintone because a person should know their own skin better, right? And camera may not accurately translate everything. But recently I watched her video about "best bronzers for fair olive skin" in hopes of finding something good for me and I was quite puzzled....

all of these look straight up orange. They wouldn't work on fair olive skin.

GoGaGa
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by GoGaGa »

She comes across so stuck up to me. Her body language is borderline aggressive and defensive. She thinks she is so cool but she would not take an ounce of healthy criticism. The thing I don't like the most about her is that I can easily imagine that she is not a nice person in real life to me. The way she words her sarcasm and body language is just extremely off putting. Her makeup techniques are not the worst but her over lining her massive lips with a darker pencil made me switch off many of her videos. There are way to do it more naturally or at least blend it, dude

padelica
Learner
Learner

Post by padelica »

Yes, I don't know why she overlines her lips. She looks like a toddler whose mouth is dirty after eating chocolate.
:D

Boredartist
Learner
Learner

Post by Boredartist »

r/beautyguruchatter loves this chick for some reason. her "too cool for youtube" persona is off-putting. Watched the Q&A video from some time ago and jeez. her whole persona is so manufactured. and she is definitely not super pale lol.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Boredartist wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:55 pm
r/beautyguruchatter loves this chick for some reason. her "too cool for youtube" persona is off-putting. Watched the Q&A video from some time ago and jeez. her whole persona is so manufactured. and she is definitely not super pale lol.
They like her only when she tells off subs but hate her when they can't realate to her (even tho the majority of that sub has a pale-princess complex as well)

I was browsing through her earlier videos, and you can tell that she was trying to become YT famous based off of her mannerisms and the way she spoke about products. Funnily enough she was a model for the Kosas concealer that she claims isn't the right match for her, but peach sure looks better on you than light olive, Anelle

Being pale and "olive" isn't a rare personality trait

Silverwinged
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silverwinged »

i watched alex regularly when her channel was much smaller, long before the days of the massive lip over-lining. i used to really like her.
clicked on a video recently for the first time in awhile and WOW. shes incredibly stuck up and BORING now.

sweetazzpumkin
Stalker
Stalker

Post by sweetazzpumkin »

Hey you all! This is my first post here. I have been lurking on here, for some years now. I really wih everything said about her in this thread.
She acts like she is" just soooo chill", but seems like she would throw a temper tandrum, when things don't go exactly her way. Also I feel like she would compliment your make-up to your face, but secretly jugdes it, because she thinks she knows it all...

LittleDarkAge
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LittleDarkAge »

oh noes our olive pale princess got put in a non olive shade and super hates it!

Love that photoshop, she looks like a dehydrated alien.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

I saw this on the BGC reddit thread and this looks pretty spot on to me. Lol. It does look like they did her a little dirty with the photoshop, but we all knew she wasn't really an olive undertone.

LittleDarkAge
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LittleDarkAge »

sofisticat wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:36 am
It does look like they did her a little dirty with the photoshop
Yeah I'm just hatin. What else I hate is how everyone in BGC was acting like she's actual olive and this was a huge misstep on Kosa's part. What, shade matching a white girl to a non-rare shade?

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

LittleDarkAge wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:48 am
sofisticat wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:36 am
It does look like they did her a little dirty with the photoshop
Yeah I'm just hatin. What else I hate is how everyone in BGC was acting like she's actual olive and this was a huge misstep on Kosa's part. What, shade matching a white girl to a non-rare shade?
Didn't Alex choose to shade match herself as well though? BGC's fixation to be white (pale) and have a rare undertone has always confuddled me.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

Yup. She decided she was an olive undertone one day for whatever reason. The fixation, to me, always read as a "me too!" when poc would talk about struggling to shade match. They don't want to admit that the majority of shade ranges favor their pasty little asses and so have to pick the rare skin tones or say, "I'm so pale, I struggle to find shade matches too!". Bb, that's just not the case or else the shades would be even more pale.

I do think with fake baking and studio lights, that maybe a lot of BGs can't tell their "true" shade. Robert Welsh has talked about how he uses a paler shade than what he actually is on camera because of the lighting.

TreshEater
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TreshEater »

She's a loud and resounding NOPE for me.
I'm a former viewer who tired of her breathing rarified air and dropping beauty truth for the dummies.

Here's a few reasons why she won the NOPE prize:

1. Her fetishization of her own short hair
2. The never ending tale of the dark circles
3. Her thirsty posing at launches or beauty events
4. Dude...need I say more?
5. Erratic chuckling
6. Looking at press-on nails that are promptly removed after filming
7. Being asked to tolerate her covert/overt nods to "I'm really in the ART world"

Blah Bitch Blah... :cuted:

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Tbh she doesn't even look good with short hair. shoulder-length would do her some favors tbh.

She complains about dark circles but when veiwers offer her advice she whines and complains

She just wants free shit because she's a "professional makeup artist"

Also, her base always looks so greasy. She also claims to have dry skin but ends up looking like a peeled boiled egg with all that grease

Hhhhjjj
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hhhhjjj »

She seems to wear that white sunscreen for every video, now she looks fair and olive lol.
Maybe she has a complex of not being too white, cause why mentioning your skin tone in every video, Hannah Louise Poston is a real fair olive, she is actually super pale and greenish.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

I just saw her video and yikes lol

I think it’s just a superiority thing on being so “pale and olive” when fun fact, olive undertones arenas rare at all lol just underrepresented. People with deeper complexions has the higher incidences of a true neutral/olive undertone and I know this bc I work in the industry and the shade matches for POC tend to be neutral leaning shades.

HLP and Anele are not special cases. They among bgc users on Reddit want to be special snowflakes so badly it’s wild

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Aparently there's been some controversy surrounding Alex because she was seen sporting a super expensive Balenciaga bag during the whole child campaign backlash...also isn't gold leaf technically not eye safe?

Cause several ppl have told her that and she's been deleting comments even tho she claimed she wasn't...

Return to “A-E”