Michele Wang

Dooyoo8675
Talker
Talker

Re: Michele Wang

Post by Dooyoo8675 »

Sorry to change the subject but I can't watch her anymore. She barely puts a DROP of anything on her face so you can't even see the damn thing. Of course the Charlotte Tilbury concealer didn't get into her fine lines. She barely dotted it on. Slather that crap on Michelle, whether it's lipstick, foundation or anything so we can really see whether it's "Iconic" or not. And I'm sick of those gold chunky rings. :roll:

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Dooyoo8675 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:24 pm
Sorry to change the subject but I can't watch her anymore. She barely puts a DROP of anything on her face so you can't even see the damn thing. Of course the Charlotte Tilbury concealer didn't get into her fine lines. She barely dotted it on. Slather that crap on Michelle, whether it's lipstick, foundation or anything so we can really see whether it's "Iconic" or not. And I'm sick of those gold chunky rings. :roll:
She doesn’t pull off those oversized rings. They make her fingers look pudgy and overstuffed.

"New" makeup and its peachy orange eyeshadow again after months and months of peach for the third year in a row. That’s literally all she wears. I can’t believe she gets the views she does doing the same damn look over and over. Next up will be the Chanel fall quad and tweed quads with, WAIT FOR IT, more peach eye shadow.

Gossipladylady
Learner
Learner

Post by Gossipladylady »

Well with the Chanel Tweed quads at least in a few months she will have more to declutter after just trying it on once and raving how much she needs a backup!

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Gossipladylady wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:42 pm
Well with the Chanel Tweed quads at least in a few months she will have more to declutter after just trying it on once and raving how much she needs a backup!
She is so gonna buy those quads, probably all of them. She desperately wants Chanel content for the views, this is their biggest anticipated makeup launch of the year so far and of course she won’t miss out. Even though she is late and other influencers with access easily beat her to the video views finish line. Then she will decide to declutter them because of the glitter. Every review I’ve seen shows the glitter falling down on people’s face. There is no way she gonna wear the purple one, it will be peach all the way.

Dooyoo8675
Talker
Talker

Post by Dooyoo8675 »

88 dollars for a basic quad with fallout and JoAnn's Fabric tweed case. What a waste.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

She definitely got all four of them, although she says she "had two of them for awhile," supposedly getting them from someone abroad. She then waited until she could buy the other two. Her makeup looks are always peach and brown anyway, so she now has more peach and brown. She will give them away, I’m sure. I can tell she’s not into the palettes at all, because she covered all four in one video. She’s so bored with makeup, she’s into other forms of shopping now.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I normally avoid her videos now but I had to watch the Most Luxurious Makeup video, because I knew it would be about the packaging and not the formula. And of course it was. Products that she supposedly loves but never uses. Regretted watching after seeing her hold up dirty packaging covered with greasy fingerprints.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

She just seems so bored with makeup and honestly doesn’t know anything about it. Her look is always the
same. It doesn’t matter what brand she uses. I stopped watching her because she acquires and then
declutters makeup that she never used or really wanted in the first place.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

Who wants to place bets to see if she's going to buy the egregiously priced Cle de Peaus limited edition collection

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

DrowningInMelancholy wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:39 pm
Who wants to place bets to see if she's going to buy the egregiously priced Cle de Peaus limited edition collection
Oooh that’s a tough call…the starry night-looking collection, right? On the one hand, I could see her dim highness thinking "ooo peach! I can wear that!" Without realizing she wears peach every day she puts on makeup and has 10,000 peach items already. On the other hand, the packaging isn’t really the special stuff she goes for like the pearl case Chantecaille.

I bet she will buy the Chanel for sure and the Tom Ford Soleil Neige palettes.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Aaand yep, one Tom Ford Soleil Neige palette already posted.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Post by Muriel Bananafish »

Michele has lost my interest completely. Diptyque WALLPAPER? Every video now is, "Look at this insanely expensive stuff I bought!" Her Sephora shop-with-me ended up at $800-plus, and she just laughed. I remember back when she had Wet n Wild in her collection.

She's just next-level rich, and I can't relate to the excess. Plus the way she acts as though such excess is NBD, or that her ostentatious wealth is inherently interesting ... it turns me off.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I remember the Wet n Wild also! I hardly watch Michele anymore. She’s lost interest in makeup and it’s all just shopping and spending now. She claims to have gotten the Diptyque wallpaper free from the company.

When she started her YT, she didn’t have anything aside from makeup. They sold a co-op apartment in NYC, held on to that money, and rented a condo in Vegas. Then her dad passed, and she must have inherited a packet. After that is when they bought the McMansion. Then she makes a lot accepting every single sponsorship that comes along. Her husband is a wealth manager for estate-level clients. He probably had a couple of good years during the pandemic, this year hard to say, although he still draws his fees even if the portfolios don’t do well.

She shows a shopping pattern designed to fill an empty emotional hole. She is absolutely the most empty person I have ever watched on YT. She doesn’t have anything interesting to say after her non-stop greedy laugh when she opens hauls. She does nothing, has no interesting anything in her life, no purpose for everything she consumes. And she buys stuff I see other fashion influencers talking about on their channels, so you can tell how shallow her fashion is. There is not a single thing about her I find inspirational.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Her "most brutal" declutter was shocking. She tossed literally thousands of dollars worth of barely used makeup. "This is so old," she kept saying. None of it was old. "It was limited edition, so you can't get it," which is greedy YouTuber-speak for, "I applied it once and forgot about it, and now I need an altruistic-sounding excuse to trash it." That's the thing about a hoard; nothing in it seems special.

Sisley, Hermes, Byredo, Chantecaille, ... like, the makeup that is beyond even the luxury tier, with price points that are on a whole other level. Fistfuls of $60 lipsticks, stacks of compacts, with the pans hardly touched and such exquisite packaging - just chucked into the bin, to make room for more piles. "I'll see if friends wants these." She'd need DOZENS of friends to unload all that. Let's be real, it went to the curb.

And she seems to film declutters all the time. I'd be sick over the waste. I'd STOP SHOPPING.

(Side note: WHAT is she wearing in the thumbnail of this video? It looks like an elderly woman's night dress, and it probably cost more than my rent.)

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

She literally looked like she rolled out of bed and filmed that before coffee. Her clothing try-ons look like she was too depressed and bored to get made up for the day and film, so she did a try-on instead.

I expect her makeup declutters to die down in a few more years, because she isn’t buying as much makeup as she used to. Maybe we will get “cleaning out my closet” instead.

She will hit her late 50s, early 60s, and regret all the money she spent on purses and trendy clothes. Makeup has to be tossed for safety reasons, but a day will come when she’d rather have the money and start consigning things.

Dooyoo8675
Talker
Talker

Post by Dooyoo8675 »

I’m watching it now and absolutely disgusted. Makes me happy I have a tiny collection.

long stay
Informer
Informer

Post by long stay »

Note how she says she really loves each item as she's decluttering it (to keep the PR gravy train rolling, obviously) but it looks like she hasn't used any of the things she's decluttering (or keeping, for that matter) save for maybe swatching them or using them once. She is a greedy liar.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Did you notice she really didn’t smell anything this time, to see if it went bad, before deciding to declutter it? Almost all the stuff she tossed was 3 years old or newer.

I either own some of the same stuff she decluttered, or I remember when she bought it. The Tom Ford lip glosses and balms were 2 and 3 years old, I’ve been using up these same items lately, and they are fine. She didn’t bother doing a sniff test. The Soleil Neige eye shadows she tossed are only 3 years old. Chanel velvet lipsticks she tossed, two years or less. She tossed Chantecaille less than 2 years old. A lot of PR declutter, which is expected since she only pretends to like it.

She kept saying, “I need to be real,” which to be fair, at least, is admitting she won’t use something. But it continues to confirm how bored with makeup she is, that she doesn’t really wear much off-camera. She only keeps PR if it’s too new, rude to throw without insulting the company. She keeps Chanel blushes, not because she uses them much, she’s just emotionally attached to the compacts.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

lulugirl765 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:37 am
Did you notice she really didn’t smell anything this time, to see if it went bad, before deciding to declutter it? Almost all the stuff she tossed was 3 years old or newer.

I either own some of the same stuff she decluttered, or I remember when she bought it. The Tom Ford lip glosses and balms were 2 and 3 years old, I’ve been using up these same items lately, and they are fine. She didn’t bother doing a sniff test. The Soleil Neige eye shadows she tossed are only 3 years old. Chanel velvet lipsticks she tossed, two years or less. She tossed Chantecaille less than 2 years old. A lot of PR declutter, which is expected since she only pretends to like it.

She kept saying, “I need to be real,” which to be fair, at least, is admitting she won’t use something. But it continues to confirm how bored with makeup she is, that she doesn’t really wear much off-camera. She only keeps PR if it’s too new, rude to throw without insulting the company. She keeps Chanel blushes, not because she uses them much, she’s just emotionally attached to the compacts.
Yes! A lot of the "omgwaytooold" items she tossed are things I also own - and I consider them newer pieces in my collection. I remember when she got them, too. "I'd rather get rid of expired makeup than risk a major eye infection." What?! How is a 1-year-old powder bronzer you've barely touched going to threaten your vision? That new excuse is bullshit, c'mon.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

I was watching that video as background noise and damn. Such a waste. I don't typically care about how youtubers spend their money, but the way she's decluttering here seems different from her usual ways. Before she was more genuine about it and seemed to want to keep her hoard, even if she never used it.

This time it came across more as wanting to dump things completely. She even referenced Tati and used that as justification to get rid of more products. At that point, you might as well just get rid of everything and start over - which is what it seems to me like she really wants to do. So then just do it!

Return to “K-O”