Simming Community - Part 2

CustosMorum
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Simming Community - Part 2

Post by CustosMorum »

Deligracy's lack of will to do proper Sims content is so obvious.

First and foremost, anyone who has played or plays The Sims knows a lot more about how to play this game than she does. It's infuriating seeing her continually trip over stuff that's been in the game for years or her ignorance when something new comes out and she keeps pronouncing things wrong or clicking on actions mindlessly, even though it's very clear what she has to do.

Her videos have been so lazy for the past 2 years and the childish behaviour (that I hope she's faking for her audience) is not doing her any favours.

It is SO CLEAR that she has been shifting towards a more lifestyle/health type of content, but since those videos don't fare as well, she needs to keep doing the clickbaity "ohh look new custom content" videos.
She is so transparent, especially on Instagram, where she keeps tagging brands on her stories, hoping they will send her stuff. Which works sometimes, like today! She got some sustainable bottles and spice containers sent to her and she just caaasually mentions she also needs a salad bowl.
Also, she constantly complains about how organic food is so expensive in Australia and how basically everything is so expensive. I've got news for you, organic food is expensive everywhere. If you cannot afford that lifestyle, then you make compromises. Eating everything organic is such a privilege.

Basically, she likes the money youtube brings, but it's not enough for the type of lifestyle she wants, BUT she also isn't willing to work harder for it because she got too comfortable. She churns out videos when she likes, works from home, can maintain her new organic/workout/taking out Bowser lifestyle and can excuse herself from working when she has periods or anxiety.

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

Post by SnackerdoodleDoo »

cupcakecutie3 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:05 pm
Glad it’s not just me that sees it with deli! I like to watch Twitch streams and she streams maybe twice a month, so it drives me nuts when I see people giving her their money for no reason!
OMG I HAAAATED this so much a few years back - she had a fund raiser so her viewers could pay for her friggen vacation bc - basically her words - if she didn't go to this thing (idk if it was a Sims event bc I thought they paid for the tickets for these people but, maybe they didn't that time or something??) she couldn't meet up with her fans -- like, she guilt tripped people into paying for her to go so they could MAYBE see her... Girl, if you can't afford a vacation on your Youtube revenue, then get a second job. There are a TON of people who can't afford a vacation and we don't friggen make people feel bad and pay for us.. (unless you're one of those <insert your choice word here> who puts up a go-fund-me for a vacation :roll: )

It's been years but it's still chapping my butt cheeks - like, Harry Potter and the AUDACITY Stones on her :rofl:

AwwwSweet
Learner
Learner

Post by AwwwSweet »

CustosMorum wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:54 am
Deligracy's lack of will to do proper Sims content is so obvious.

First and foremost, anyone who has played or plays The Sims knows a lot more about how to play this game than she does. It's infuriating seeing her continually trip over stuff that's been in the game for years or her ignorance when something new comes out and she keeps pronouncing things wrong or clicking on actions mindlessly, even though it's very clear what she has to do.
This right here is how I feel about a lot of The Sims youtubers. I mean how long has Clare Siobhan and Kelsey Impicciche been playing the game and there is soooo much basic stuff that they both still do not know.

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

they think that just because they are big channels they dont have to try and people will watch (which is kinda true but it'll wane as better options become available). do any of these people have other jobs? i get curious about their backup plans

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

Vixella has mentioned in a twitch stream that she is always thinking of ideas for a career for when she’s done with YT or wants it to be more of a hobby rather than career. Which good for her because I think what happens a lot is people like the YT income they are receiving and just focus on that. But eventually there will be new games people are into, or maybe people don’t care about those videos anymore, etc. I mean what if there never is a sims 5? And they stop making sims 4 packs? Then what kind of content are you going to make? Let’s plays forever? People will eventually get tired of them. I applaud vixella for actively considering many different back up plans for when she is done being a simmer.

ismelindsey
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ismelindsey »

Finding it hard to watch really any simmers recently. Plumbella is a bit too chaotic. Pleasant Sims is inconsistent. Can't stand the others. LGR only reviews expansions now of which there are none announced. Missing the old days rn.

hypnicjerk
Learner
Learner

Post by hypnicjerk »

Here is a small channel I've been enjoying, who plays mainly Sims 2. Sundog Sims. She is chill, calm, funny without forcing it. Not sure how many people are looking for Sims 2 videos but I like them a lot.

TropicanaOrange
Learner
Learner

Post by TropicanaOrange »

I watched Kelsey’s 100 baby challenge and mostly enjoyed it but then started watching her own YouTube channel and quickly got annoyed. First of all it REALLY seems like she’s copying a lot of Clare Siobhan’s content, like she started the NSB challenge and at the same time started streaming a vampire challenge like Clare did, although Kelsey got ripped to shreds in the comments for continually calling a blood bag sim a “slave” and ignored the criticism, plus constantly pronouncing the name Joaquin wrong despite commenters telling her how to pronounce it.
Then in her stream video of her building in her vampire challenge she got so annoyed because her chat kept making her change things and she ended up raging at the whole thing.
She also recently did a “breed out the weird” challenge which I’ve never had a problem with before but she was so harsh on certain body features that 90% of the comments are negative especially because she criticised an Asian sim for having a “flat face”. I get so many bad vibes from her.

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

I don’t get a bad vibe from Kelsey, and don’t think she’s a bad person… BUT I think she (just like almost all simmers) is trying too hard. She’s trying to get a laugh when in reality it’s in poor taste. I try to only watch simmer YT videos of those who I actually like, because the ones I don’t care for I don’t want to support with adding to their view count.

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

Post by SnackerdoodleDoo »

I just had to come here an vent bc I was browsing reddit and saw another "lilsimsie is the greatest thing evrrrr" post and I want to vomit. :roll:
But God forbid you dont agree and the reddit 12 year olds will riot. I'm glad we have this safe space to dislike people :rofl:

mermaidish
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by mermaidish »

cupcakecutie3 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:46 pm
I don’t get a bad vibe from Kelsey, and don’t think she’s a bad person… BUT I think she (just like almost all simmers) is trying too hard.
This! I’ve said this before but she can be hard to watch. Almost every single video she posts has that mini “preview” of the video and she screams, gasps dramatically or says oh my good oh my god! in every single one. It comes across as so over the top and fake that I don’t enjoy her content anymore.

The “breed out the weird” challenge was super cringe. Playing around with the genetics of the game is fun, but her comments were a little yikes. Kind of like Deli, I don’t think Kelsey’s a bad person - just maybe a little ignorant and unaware of other people’s experiences.

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

It’s actually weird and creepy how obsessed kids are over lilsimsie… I actually really like her even though sometimes she can drive me nuts. But I think she’s a genuinely good person, donates a lot to charity and hosts a lot of charity streams, smart, works hard by posting daily videos AND streams 6 days a week, etc. She hasn’t really flat out said that people who idolize her scare her and weird her out, but she basically has since people have found where she lives and shown up at her house before. That’s WEIRD. And I think what is almost worse, is she said the people who showed up at her house by stalking here were around their early 20s… I mean grow up… But when I watch her streams I will see people in the chat say they are her biggest fan… like what???? She always ignores those comments though which is good.

The Chilling Monkey
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by The Chilling Monkey »

Same. I don’t get bad vibes from Kelsey or Deli. They can just be a bit much at times. One tries too hard and the other seems quite ignorant esp regarding pronunciation. I think the one YT simmer I quite enjoy is DrGluon. I like how creative he can be with his contents.

TropicanaOrange
Learner
Learner

Post by TropicanaOrange »

I should clarify when I say I get bad vibes from Kelsey, I don’t mean I think she’s a bad person. I just don’t think she comes across as genuine. As another person suggested, perhaps she’s just trying too hard? I’m not sure. It feels like her audience mostly annoys her but I’m guessing she also has a lot of young viewers and they can be obsessive/annoying

Maumau
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Maumau »

why is steph0sims so popular? her editing style is so fucking annoying i swear to god i can't watch more than 30 seconds of her videos, and i hate the fact that plumbella's editing is going in the same direction. do they think it's funny? i'm pretty sure steph's editing can cause seizures lol.

i much more prefer james turner and lilsimsie's style.

Maumau
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Maumau »

why is steph0sims so popular? her editing style is so fucking annoying i swear to god i can't watch more than 30 seconds of her videos, and i hate the fact that plumbella's editing is going in the same direction. do they think it's funny? i'm pretty sure steph's editing can cause seizures lol.

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

Maumau wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:25 am

I didn’t even realize she’s still in the community. I unsubscribed from her way back in 2015 lol

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 »

Maumau wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:25 am

I agree. I’ve never really watched steph0sims, but if she’s like plumbella then yes, it is a lot. Which is kinda too bad because I find plumbella funny, but man… her videos are a lot. I definitely prefer the cleaner editing like James turner and lilsimsie as well.

method
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by method »

Okay, does anyone else find duckdan and shellsea's interactions to be a little bit sus/strange? Especially on his alt twitter :?
11.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

method
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by method »

Okay, does anyone else find duckdan and shellsea's interactions to be a little bit sus/strange? Especially on his alt twitter :?
11.png

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”