Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber) - Part 4

Post by jn95 »

timtamslamcam wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:28 am
Michael Kay only wants to date Michelle. Super Enthused would be too competitive, he couldn't date another vlogger.
totally almost just spit my coffee out reading this :rofl:

Zag392009
Learner
Learner

Post by Zag392009 »

T-Rexx wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:13 am
Landry's own yak & yeti and the palm, both pretty good. yak & yeti might be a stand alone landry's at AK, I couldn't find another one. The Palm is at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and other places. It also owns Rainforest Cafe, which is OK, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it unless I had kids. Scenery/theming is great, food is meh.
My favorite thing from Rainforest is the Pie of the Viper Breakfast pizza with bacon. Used to get it at the one in Downtown Disney after RunDisney events, it always hit the spot. Of course now that Rainforest is closed forever after they shut down everything on that side of DD when they were going to start on the new hotel there...which was scrapped because of their constant bitching with the city of Anaheim....just like RunDisney events were cancelled in CA because of their constant bitching with the city of Anaheim. I guess my point is...when is Michael Kay going to do a RunDisney event? He's promised it for literal years now.

T-Rexx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by T-Rexx »

In michael's video today he mentioned that Disney asked him to shill for its halloween merch. Michael was all too happy to comply.

At leasr two cavalcades.

Another merch review.

A third cavalcade.

Another special dole whip at the poly.

Another merch review.

Yup, it's a theme park. I think Michael is killing the magic for me. :*&^%:

T-Rexx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by T-Rexx »

Zag392009 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:25 am
My favorite thing from Rainforest is the Pie of the Viper Breakfast pizza with bacon. Used to get it at the one in Downtown Disney after RunDisney events, it always hit the spot. Of course now that Rainforest is closed forever after they shut down everything on that side of DD when they were going to start on the new hotel there...which was scrapped because of their constant bitching with the city of Anaheim....just like RunDisney events were cancelled in CA because of their constant bitching with the city of Anaheim. I guess my point is...when is Michael Kay going to do a RunDisney event? He's promised it for literal years now.
Michael will run a race when there's a dole whip at the end of it.

SoMagical
Learner
Learner

Post by SoMagical »

Notmyname35 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:11 am
I am really curious what other vloggers think about Michael....I see from a lot of them in each other’s videos from time to time or they mention another vlogger, but don’t remember seeing or hearing about Captain Sugar too often
I was watching a ResortTV1 live stream from yesterday and Michael made 2 brief appearances. The interactions he had were awkward and he seems really uncomfortable behind any camera that’s not his own, of course. Also, he was wearing the black shorts yesterday in that live stream! I thought those were gone but I guess not! :lol:

craychel813
Informer
Informer

Post by craychel813 »

Notmyname35 wrote:
MichaelPee wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:20 pm
Michael Kay was featured in a Super Enthused group photo today at the Magic Kingdom. Apparently every single vlogger is there because of New merchandise and decorations. Do you think Super Enthused is a Michael dream date? 🥰
I am really curious what other vloggers think about Michael....I see from a lot of them in each other’s videos from time to time or they mention another vlogger, but don’t remember seeing or hearing about Captain Sugar too often
I don't think the other vloggers could keep up with Michael's "pace"....and don't take themselves as seriously as Michael does. You have to be able to bring more to the table and conversation than just asking people to rate their favorite XXXX from Disney. Did you see the awkward Dole Whip date he had with Adam the Woo a while back?? Adam's footage gave a much more accurate depiction of how forced the interaction was. Michael's was chopped together to make it seem as though the two were good friends sharing some laughs together. I think it would do him some good to hang out with some of the other vloggers every once in a while (once we are allowed to be out in groups again).

Lcbarbie1
Learner
Learner

Post by Lcbarbie1 »

T-Rexx wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:28 am
At the end of the day if we take a step back, we tune in to theme park blogs for really just two things:

1) Escapism, getting to experience some of the fun from your living room or wherever you are,
2) Gaining insight into what's new at the parks, tips for planning your next trip, what to check out, what to avoid, etc.

Michael's vlog literally accomplishes neither of these.

The way he experiences the parks is often at best, not very fun or magical, and at worst, depressing. If my only knowledge of a Disney experience was from what I could see on his Vlogs, I don't think I would want to go to Disney. My idea of a fun time at a theme park (especially solo) is not drinking as much sugar as I can find, getting on transit boats to get on monorails to hang out on hotel benches, chasing after costume characters, hanging out in gift shops, chasing after more costume characters, eating more ice cream.......

Even when he does fun things like actually riding a theme park ride or taking in some of the fun sights, we DON'T GET TO EXPERIENCE IT, since all we can see is Michael's face experiencing it. :? :?

Rix Flix went to the magic kingdom the other day, and the contrast is so stark. I got to actually ride a couple Disney rides, got a tip about taking the buses if you see they're running since they're generally the quickest, found out about an upcoming ride, learned about a novelty item I might actually be interested in (not just mountains of generic merchandise). The only time Rix points the camera at himself is when there's nothing fun or interesting to see. Not saying the dude is the best around, but I at least got something out of it ffs.

I'm not sure if I've ever shared this, but to hit home my earlier point... I stumbled on Michael's vlog when I was looking at cruise vlogs. I love cruises and was looking to live vicariously through some Youtubers as a break from work. At first I found him kind of dorky but became genuinely interested in what Disney cruises were like (I've only ever been on Carnival or Royal Caribbean). Even before Michael had gone full on bananas (or before I noticed), I LEGITIMATELY remember telling my sister I don't think I'd be interested in going on a Disney cruise because they just look geared towards children.

It wasn't until later that I realized, no, Michael was only showing things that would appeal to children and not a fellow 30ish year old. The only things I knew about Disney cruises were what he showed me, which were almost entirely things I would NOT enjoy as an adult on a cruise. Take from that what you will.

dave1919
Talker
Talker

Post by dave1919 »

Why is he chasing the cavalcades?? No one wants to see your giant fucking melon chasing characters on a float!!!

Oh boy more pumpkin drinks with 5 pumps of pumpkin syrup instead of 7 and another damn burger. Eat a fucking vegetable you man child!!! Ooh top 15 burger, I wouldn’t go out of my way for that.

kieramonroe
Learner
Learner

Post by kieramonroe »

T-Rexx wrote:
In michael's video today he mentioned that Disney asked him to shill for its halloween merch. Michael was all too happy to comply.

and he had his head in every shot, sure that was the content that disney was looking for :-?

FloydBeaumont
Talker
Talker

Post by FloydBeaumont »

jn95 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:51 am
T-Rexx wrote:
Landry's own yak & yeti and the palm, both pretty good. yak & yeti might be a stand alone landry's at AK, I couldn't find another one. The Palm is at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and other places. It also owns Rainforest Cafe, which is OK, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it unless I had kids. Scenery/theming is great, food is meh.
Agreed on the Rainforest Cafe. My 4 yr old loves that kind of stuff. Food isn't that great - passable I'd say at best IMHO.
Agreed, we did it upon arrival just to get it out of the way! Won’t lie, we were very happy when he out-grew it. So freakin loud, we even had difficulty hearing the server!

FloydBeaumont
Talker
Talker

Post by FloydBeaumont »

jn95 wrote:
T-Rexx wrote:
Agreed on the Rainforest Cafe. My 4 yr old loves that kind of stuff. Food isn't that great - passable I'd say at best IMHO.
Agreed, we did it upon arrival just to get it out of the way! Won’t lie, we were very happy when he out-grew it. So freakin loud, we even had difficulty hearing the server!
Lcbarbie1 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:19 pm
[quote=T-Rexx post_id=4349071 time=<a href="tel:1600273714">1600273714</a> user_id=331534]
At the end of the day if we take a step back, we tune in to theme park blogs for really just two things:

1) Escapism, getting to experience some of the fun from your living room or wherever you are,
2) Gaining insight into what's new at the parks, tips for planning your next trip, what to check out, what to avoid, etc.

The way he experiences the parks is often at best, not very fun or magical, and at worst, depressing. If my only knowledge of a Disney experience was from what I could see on his Vlogs, I don't think I would want to go to Disney. My idea of a fun time at a theme park (especially solo) is not drinking as much sugar as I can find, getting on transit boats to get on monorails to hang out on hotel benches, chasing after costume characters, hanging out in gift shops, chasing after more costume characters, eating more ice cream.......

Even when he does fun things like actually riding a theme park ride or taking in some of the fun sights, we DON'T GET TO EXPERIENCE IT, since all we can see is Michael's face experiencing it. :? :?

Rix Flix went to the magic kingdom the other day, and the contrast is so stark. I got to actually ride a couple Disney rides, got a tip about taking the buses if you see they're running since they're generally the quickest, found out about an upcoming ride, learned about a novelty item I might actually be interested in (not just mountains of generic merchandise). The only time Rix points the camera at himself is when there's nothing fun or interesting to see. Not saying the dude is the best around, but I at least got something out of it ffs.

I'm not sure if I've ever shared this, but to hit home my earlier point... I stumbled on Michael's vlog when I was looking at cruise vlogs. I love cruises and was looking to live vicariously through some Youtubers as a break from work. At first I found him kind of dorky but became genuinely interested in what Disney cruises were like (I've only ever been on Carnival or Royal Caribbean). Even before Michael had gone full on bananas (or before I noticed), I LEGITIMATELY remember telling my sister I don't think I'd be interested in going on a Disney cruise because they just look geared towards children.

It wasn't until later that I realized, no, Michael was only showing things that would appeal to children and not a fellow 30ish year old. The only things I knew about Disney cruises were what he showed me, which were almost entirely things I would NOT enjoy as an adult on a cruise. Take from that what you will.
[/quote]

FloydBeaumont
Talker
Talker

Post by FloydBeaumont »

Lcbarbie1 wrote:
T-Rexx wrote:

How weird is it that he only gets off the ship in Castaway Cay? I can’t imagine staying on the ship rather than exploring an exciting port, and just as now with low attendance in the parks, he’d brag they had the whole ship to themselves. Also as a parent, I found it very creepy that he was in the kid’s zones like the arcade. I just can’t imagine going on a destination cruise and spending my time in the arcade Or on the ship! I know it’s been discussed here b4 and the theory he stays on ship because he’s too cheap to spend his own $ at the other ports is the only one that makes sr so to me!

Claude4
Informer
Informer

Post by Claude4 »

Funny comment on Dave’s most recent vid.

Princess Pie
10 hours ago
Did you feel a little like Ted Bundy riding around a college campus in a VW Beetle?

jn95
Learner
Learner

Post by jn95 »

FloydBeaumont wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:59 pm
jn95 wrote:
T-Rexx wrote:
It's totally obnoxious. I'd give Chef Mickey's loudness-wise a solid #2 behind Rainforest Cafe. God bless you for him out growing it - I still have a few years :rofl:

cjh
Learner
Learner

Post by cjh »

T-Rexx wrote:
I think my issue here is not so much that Y&Y is not good, I do like it and agree that it is a very good place to eat, and very well themed. My issue is that MK pumps it up to ridiculous standards and only eats a Kobe Burger. (also Kobe burgers make no sense as the beauty of the Kobe Steak is it's marbling. To grind it is a disgrace, and entirely unnecessary as you can add as much fat to ground beef as you want but i digress). If he actually ate different things and challenged his palate beyond things from the 4 MK food groups (Batter, Sugar, Burger, Dairy) I would be less confused by his love of Y&Y. It's like saying that the local Chinese Buffet is great because their pizza and fries are out of this world.

cjh
Learner
Learner

Post by cjh »

craychel813 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:16 pm
Notmyname35 wrote:
MichaelPee wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:20 pm
Michael Kay was featured in a Super Enthused group photo today at the Magic Kingdom. Apparently every single vlogger is there because of New merchandise and decorations. Do you think Super Enthused is a Michael dream date? 🥰
I don't think the other vloggers could keep up with Michael's "pace"....and don't take themselves as seriously as Michael does. You have to be able to bring more to the table and conversation than just asking people to rate their favorite XXXX from Disney. Did you see the awkward Dole Whip date he had with Adam the Woo a while back?? Adam's footage gave a much more accurate depiction of how forced the interaction was. Michael's was chopped together to make it seem as though the two were good friends sharing some laughs together. I think it would do him some good to hang out with some of the other vloggers every once in a while (once we are allowed to be out in groups again).
I don't get the sense he has much of a social circle beyond his actual family, his you tube "friends" and very kind cast members.

cjh
Learner
Learner

Post by cjh »

FloydBeaumont wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:14 pm
Lcbarbie1 wrote:
T-Rexx wrote:

How weird is it that he only gets off the ship in Castaway Cay? I can’t imagine staying on the ship rather than exploring an exciting port, and just as now with low attendance in the parks, he’d brag they had the whole ship to themselves. Also as a parent, I found it very creepy that he was in the kid’s zones like the arcade. I just can’t imagine going on a destination cruise and spending my time in the arcade Or on the ship! I know it’s been discussed here b4 and the theory he stays on ship because he’s too cheap to spend his own $ at the other ports is the only one that makes sr so to me!
I find it very weird, I have never understood his priorities on the ship. So many grown up things to do but he doesn't even speak to them. I get that he is not a drinker, or a grown up but if your JOB is to report on Disney (so to speak) then you need to show things that maybe aren't in your wheelhouse.

Imagine paying to go on a cruise to play guitar hero? I don't get this guy.

T-Rexx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by T-Rexx »

Michael at Universal: Somebody needs to instruct Michael that at Universal it's one finger pointing only, none of that two finger shit.

Dave drove to Tampa to go to Publix? I thought Dave had reached the top of the heap in lack of interesting content, but he outdid himself with this video!!

Dave buddy, the Beatles tried to make an interesting driving around movie, Magical Mystery Tour, they failed. You have waaaaaaaaaaay less talent than they do.

Dave went to a Westfield mall OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-Rexx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by T-Rexx »

MichaelPee
Learner
Learner

Post by MichaelPee »

Today's MK video is a Universal Studios vlog! I am shocked. Surprised that it didn't involve a race to EPCOT before they closed, at the end of the video.

Also did DK really make a vlog about Tampa and do nothing? There's a lot of beautiful things to see and review there from Tampa Bay to Clearwater Beach!

Return to “Michael Kay”