aigcim
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: Greg Doucette

Post by aigcim »

emilyree wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:27 am
This is a gossip forum so I get most ppl enjoy hot goss, but I wouldn't trust someone who:-

- was caught smuggling $250k worth of illegal substances
- claims he's natural even with his background while shitting on others like cbum

His channel looks like a fitness tea channel so do you really trust him to spend time researching through whoever is his victims for an accurate review. Any drama or tea channel gives a balance good/bad points review to make themselves look unbias but don't be fooled. Even big channels like drama alert often get their facts wrong, and he's just after clicks and views. Chasing klout to monetize off shitting on others. Same category as tea channels to me, scum who preys on others.
have you watched ANY of his vids lmao hes literally so open about his PED use?

Widmanstatten
Talker
Talker

Post by Widmanstatten »

To each their own I guess. I like him because he’s usually calling out people who are doing/saying stupid things, whether intentional (scammers) or unintentional. He was one of the first people to call out Stephanie Buttermore, for example. She deserves to be put down so people don’t follow her awful advice. I don’t really watch most of his videos on male bodybuilders so I can’t say much about them.

I don’t see his background as that shady given his industry. It’s not like he was smuggling heroin. I believe he was smuggling PEDs, which most competitive bodybuilders use. He just got caught trying to supply them. But he’s really open about the negatives of PEDs and he encourages people to use them safely and under a doctor’s supervision.

Nope nope
Informer
Informer

Post by Nope nope »

emilyree wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:27 am
This is a gossip forum so I get most ppl enjoy hot goss, but I wouldn't trust someone who:-

- was caught smuggling $250k worth of illegal substances
- claims he's natural even with his background while shitting on others like cbum

His channel looks like a fitness tea channel so do you really trust him to spend time researching through whoever is his victims for an accurate review. Any drama or tea channel gives a balance good/bad points review to make themselves look unbias but don't be fooled. Even big channels like drama alert often get their facts wrong, and he's just after clicks and views. Chasing klout to monetize off shitting on others. Same category as tea channels to me, scum who preys on others.
That's a weird thing to say since he's very open about using PED's and talks about the pro's and cons all the time. Sure, he's after clicks and views since that's pretty much the point of doing Youtube. I think he's been shitting on people who deserve it, like anyone who's acting as an expert but actually knows nothing and is just trying to sell more Fitness programs. I do wish he'd tone down the yelling though - it's obviously how he's branded himself but he's established enough already to tone that down and still be succesfull.

nadi
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by nadi »

I LOVE Greg Doucette. He's hilarious, and calls out people on their BS

Vei333
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Vei333 »

His voice is terrible lol but I agree with most things he says. Although some things he supports or rejects based on only on "that's so stupidd!!" Or "common sense!" Yes, but there can be a million variables a good coach needs to be open minded to & take into account in order to be a good coach. Also, the videos get a little repetitive. He is the new (better-looking, w/ better genetics, & slightly smarter) Jason Blaha imo based on the callout shit & the revamped natty or not crap that gets him lots of clicks. But he does have good points & some good info. He charges a ridiculous amount of $ for his coaching bc of his popularity right now. I'm not saying he's a bad coach (I wouldn't know) but he's definitely riding the popularity train to $$$ and it's not because he's a better coach than other, highly qualified, experienced but less well-known people out there. They just don't have a bunch of subscribers due to his loud, controversial callout videos but people are too dumb to search them out (& many of them charge less too for great coaching).

RoseGoldBeats
Debater
Debater

Post by RoseGoldBeats »

Vei333 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:48 am
His voice is terrible lol but I agree with most things he says. Although some things he supports or rejects based on only on "that's so stupidd!!" Or "common sense!" Yes, but there can be a million variables a good coach needs to be open minded to & take into account in order to be a good coach. Also, the videos get a little repetitive. He is the new (better-looking, w/ better genetics, & slightly smarter) Jason Blaha imo based on the callout shit & the revamped natty or not crap that gets him lots of clicks. But he does have good points & some good info. He charges a ridiculous amount of $ for his coaching bc of his popularity right now. I'm not saying he's a bad coach (I wouldn't know) but he's definitely riding the popularity train to $$$ and it's not because he's a better coach than other, highly qualified, experienced but less well-known people out there. They just don't have a bunch of subscribers due to his loud, controversial callout videos but people are too dumb to search them out (& many of them charge less too for great coaching).
Yeah, my problem with Greg isn't so much the Gilbert Godfried voice but the way he supposedly "backs up" his claims. It became evident in his video about intensity and volume in response to Jeff Nippard that the best he can do is cite himself and use anecdote or appeal to "common sense" as evidence. A lot of his arguments are downright tautological ("it's right because it makes sense," "it's right because it's been done this way," etc).

Papaswolio does the same thing, it's just generally coated in a thicker layer of misogyny.

RoseGoldBeats
Debater
Debater

Post by RoseGoldBeats »

I watched about 5 seconds of his video on Stephanie Buttermore and it appears he has a hearing aid which I've never noticed before. It made me wonder if his constant yelling may be due in fact to hearing loss (he can't tell how loud he's yelling) and not just a really obnoxious schtick.

killingxspree7
Learner
Learner

Post by killingxspree7 »

Oh wow. His latest video with his girlfriend taking about the as/is BuzzFeed squat challenge was hella awkward. No one is interested in your sex life you weirdos. 🤮. Also good for those BuzzFeed girls for doing 100 squats. Why is he always so critical?

cheezmaneez
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by cheezmaneez »

The man seriously needs a break from social media and a haircut. The Lizzo criticism probably grossed me out the most. Like yeah what she did with her belly is a little weird to post but to say she's just glorifying obesity and a bunch of rando diseases is jumping the gun a bit. She already works out and eats healthily and has been trying to lose weight. But hey, guess if you post 2-3x a day you don't do any research in between and just talk about what gets clicks!

MiiSan93
Learner
Learner

Post by MiiSan93 »

I watch him time to time, I actually loved the fact that he made critical videos of Abbey and destroyed her last year and been following him since. I love the fact that he's entertaining and calling out other fitness/weight loss gurus on their bullshit but holy shit, I hate the fact that he obviously is riding on his popularity and advertises his 150$ cookbook (like seriously I can find Jamie Oliver's or Ramsay Gordon's for much much cheaper) not to mention that he seems to post about 3 times a day and not really adding much new in those videos, like the same "YOU'RE STARVING YOURSELF" "YOU'RE NOT EATING LOW CALORIE DENSE FOODS" "IF YOU ATE ENOUGH YOU WOULDN'T BINGE ON FAST FOOD" "FASTING IS BAD" like we get it man.

ObesetoBeast at least does touch on more subjects in his videos at least despite posting on a regular basis like the emotional side of diets, EDs, politics and so on. I'm not saying that you have to do what John does but I feel that if you're a regular viewer, I doubt you'd love to hear the exact same thing over and over in Greg's videos, at least imo.

Hk94
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Hk94 »

I can’t with him. The greatly exaggerated Gilbert Gotfried voice and the yelling at the camera would be enough on their own, but for me, it goes much deeper than that. The takedown of Abbey was enjoyable, but it is that personality that I find so toxic. He is incredibly insecure. He cannot handle someone saying something bad about him and when he responds, it isn’t just about the content of what someone said. He makes it personal. He’s way to fragile for me to give him anymore views.

Shiv
Talker
Talker

Post by Shiv »

Why is he so angry?

raya
Debater
Debater

Post by raya »

Shiv wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:38 am
Why is he so angry?
Its his schtick. I never cared for him tbh.

super awesome
Talker
Talker

Post by super awesome »

Shiv wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:38 am
Why is he so angry?
He isn’t, mostly, he just puts on an act because he wants more and more subscribers and that’s what works. Unfortunately, it’s at the expense of any quality content, like the more educational stuff he used to put out ... which is ironic because when other people do that, he screams about them doing “spews for views,” but when he does it, apparently it’s fine because hE hAs InTeGrItY.

Fitnfabbbb
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Fitnfabbbb »

NATTY OR NOT?!?!

I love him. He sounds like the toucan in lion king.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”