Olivia Jailed, Lori Locked-In, & Mossimo Guilt-annulli: Waitlisted to Prison U (Pt. 4)

pinkcoconuts
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Olivia Jailed, Lori Locked-In, & Mossimo Guilt-annulli: Waitlisted to Prison U (Pt. 4)

Post by pinkcoconuts »

TheLoneStranger wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:06 pm
skeppi wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:17 am
Guess who is going to college after all.... Felicity s daughter! She is going this fall!
Is it a lower level school that is a better fit with her intellectual ability, or did the power of celebrity get her into an elite school without the proper scores? She is one of the few kids who seems to have zero evidence indicating awareness of the fraud. It is still pretty brave to enroll so soon after. I hope she is able to attend without incident, since the situation she is in is solely her parents' fault. Olivia on the other hand, should be pestered mercilessly if any school is ever willing to take her after this mess.
Carnegie Mellon

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Olivia Jailed, Lori Locked-In, & Mossimo Guilt-annulli: Waitlisted to Prison U (Pt. 4)

Post by gossipy locks »

Dang it, we're not going to get a trial! Lori and Moss are changing their plea to guilty... :o

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

IMG_3643.PNG
IMG_3642.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nzgirl25
Learner
Learner

Post by nzgirl25 »

I knew they were going to get light sentences but 2 months and 5 months is too light imo.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Haha, they finally realized how stupid going to trial was I guess. The way this played out made them look so much shittier. This was kind of the worst of both worlds as far as PR strategy goes. I agree that the sentence is light, but that’s the upside to the plea deal. That they went a year pleading their innocence and crafting a defense that they were the real victims still made them look like such assholes. Now they can’t even pretend they did nothing wrong. If they’d been smart about it like Felicity, it’d have been behind them long ago. At least we got those rowing photos lol

fi_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by fi_ »

Did I miss something, why did he get larger conviction?

Lori -> 2 months in prison, a $150,000 fine and 2 years of supervised release + 100 hours of community service.
Massimo -> 5 months in prison, $250,000 fine, 2 years supervised release + 250 hours community service

Also, too damn low. They were facing up to... what, 40yrs? I know when you plead guilty, sentence is lighter, but not this light.
They basically got off pretty lightly if you ask me.

Also, I find it amusing that their fines combined is 100k less than what they paid for O and B to get into USC.

reality04
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by reality04 »

This couldn't have worked out better for them, which makes me sick. They got a light sentence and more than likely will be released early due to the risk of Covid.

gimmesumteaplz
Learner
Learner

Post by gimmesumteaplz »

reality04 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:41 am
This couldn't have worked out better for them, which makes me sick. They got a light sentence and more than likely will be released early due to the risk of Covid.
They probably pleaded guilty because of COVID-19, thinking that they can just serve their time in house arrest. However, there are other parents (Michelle Janavs, the Hot Pocket heiress for example) that were sentenced earlier this year but have yet to serve out their sentence due to the pandemic. The judge in Janavs case is putting her sentence on hold until it's safe enough to go to jail.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

gimmesumteaplz wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:08 am
reality04 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:41 am
They probably pleaded guilty because of COVID-19, thinking that they can just serve their time in house arrest. However, there are other parents (Michelle Janavs, the Hot Pocket heiress for example) that were sentenced earlier this year but have yet to serve out their sentence due to the pandemic. The judge in Janavs case is putting her sentence on hold until it's safe enough to go to jail.
I was thinking the same thing!

ariesenergy
Learner
Learner

Post by ariesenergy »

Most only serve 2/3rds of a sentence to begin with but with COVID I'm sure it'll be even less. They got a great deal. I wonder if the prosecution actually had a weak case?

IHateCilantro
Informer
Informer

Post by IHateCilantro »

The whole family needs to watch how to be humble and take your punishment and move on from Boy George

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Wouldn’t really consider anything they did strategically brilliant. It’s white collar crime. The sentences are notoriously light and the prosecution always want a guilty plea. But the government still usually wins the case.

Obviously, their first hope was to get a dismissal, and the defense didn’t succeed there at all. They probably hoped that people would move on and they could plea when the publicity died down as a last resort. Non pandemic news isn’t breaking through as much right now, which reminds me of the McDonald’s defrauding case (McMillions doc) when September 11 pushed that case out of the news.

The people who actually get those serious white collar sentences are in extreme situations, like Bernie Madoff.

buttaface561
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by buttaface561 »

whatever happened with the girls' school status?

gimmesumteaplz
Learner
Learner

Post by gimmesumteaplz »

I think they both withdrew before USC could expel them.

Libra
Informer
Informer

Post by Libra »

They basically won imo.
Minimal sentence. Relatively small fine in comparison to their net worth.
The girls never really wanted to go to USC. So it's embarrassing, but not a major loss there.
Socially, they'll probably be fine too. What they did was terrible, but buying your kids way into college isn't exactly uncommon in those circles. I doubt they'll be shunned long term by circles they hang in.

Considering they became the faces of the whole scandal, things could've been much worse.
They were supposed to be the ones that the DA would make an "example" of.

danishgirl177
Learner
Learner

Post by danishgirl177 »

Gurugossiping wrote:
Libra wrote: They basically won imo.
The girls never really wanted to go to USC. So it's embarrassing, but not a major loss there.
Socially, they'll probably be fine too. What they did was terrible, but buying your kids way into college isn't exactly uncommon in those circles. I doubt they'll be shunned long term by circles they hang in.

Considering they became the faces of the whole scandal, things could've been much worse.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s a disgrace. What I find interesting though is that this all happened over a year ago, and it’s still relevant. Remember we all thought the trial was pushed so far away & it would hurt them because people would forget? Nobody forgot. It only seems like Olivia’s followers don’t care because she has removed comments and only allows them from her friends. In reality, people are still pissed. Her comments on Tik Tok are horrible, and people continue to talk about the situation on news sites & even young people on Tik Tok. Just because they didn’t get a long time away, I do believe their careers will be over. Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I really don’t see Olivia coming back to Youtube and succeeding as a possibility. She can’t pretend this all never happened, she can’t go back to making her luxury hauls or anything like that. Nobody wants to see that. Hallmark already removed Lori the minute this scandal came out, so she’s out of a job. Nobody will support Mossimo’s clothing line or want to be associated with these people professionally. Although they’re probably fine money wise, money goes fast when you’re no longer making it or relevant.
I think Olivia will try and come back to YouTube by making an apology vid first. Now that they’ve pleaded guilty there’s no legal rzn to not talk about it. If she plays her cards right and says the right stuff, maybe she can come back from this. Probably not as big as she used to be but still.

gimmesumteaplz
Learner
Learner

Post by gimmesumteaplz »

danishgirldelete77 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:06 pm
Gurugossiping wrote:
Libra wrote: They basically won imo.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s a disgrace. What I find interesting though is that this all happened over a year ago, and it’s still relevant. Remember we all thought the trial was pushed so far away & it would hurt them because people would forget? Nobody forgot. It only seems like Olivia’s followers don’t care because she has removed comments and only allows them from her friends. In reality, people are still pissed. Her comments on Tik Tok are horrible, and people continue to talk about the situation on news sites & even young people on Tik Tok. Just because they didn’t get a long time away, I do believe their careers will be over. Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I really don’t see Olivia coming back to Youtube and succeeding as a possibility. She can’t pretend this all never happened, she can’t go back to making her luxury hauls or anything like that. Nobody wants to see that. Hallmark already removed Lori the minute this scandal came out, so she’s out of a job. Nobody will support Mossimo’s clothing line or want to be associated with these people professionally. Although they’re probably fine money wise, money goes fast when you’re no longer making it or relevant.
I think Olivia will try and come back to YouTube by making an apology vid first. Now that they’ve pleaded guilty there’s no legal rzn to not talk about it. If she plays her cards right and says the right stuff, maybe she can come back from this. Probably not as big as she used to be but still.
The girl's family could most likely afford a stellar PR firm to script everything for her since this is the same ditz that had the nerve to say out loud that she's not that interested in school.

Libra
Informer
Informer

Post by Libra »

Gurugossiping wrote:
The bulk of their money comes from Mossimo selling his brand 15 years ago.
So even if Lori doesn't get anymore jobs and Olivia's youtube channel doesn't recover. I don't think it will alter their lifestyles significantly.

She may not get the level of brand deals that she had before, but she definitely seems to still have a decent amount of fans that support her or see her as a victim. I could see her making decent money with adsense and affiliate links. It may take some time to recover, but it wouldn't surprise me.

But like I said, they're getting off relatively easy, even if Lori and Olivia don't recover. It's an ego blow sure, but a small price to pay. Privilege is very real. I wonder when they will do their PR interview. Before or after they finish the sentence. I wouldn't be surprised if OJ leaves the comments on, so she can talk about how she's being harrassed. She could easily turn them off on her new YT videos and Tik Tok. Like she did with IG and her old videos.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

Libra wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:31 pm
Gurugossiping wrote:
The bulk of their money comes from Mossimo selling his brand 15 years ago.
So even if Lori doesn't get anymore jobs and Olivia's youtube channel doesn't recover. I don't think it will alter their lifestyles significantly.

She may not get the level of brand deals that she had before, but she definitely seems to still have a decent amount of fans that support her or see her as a victim. I could see her making decent money with adsense and affiliate links. It may take some time to recover, but it wouldn't surprise me.

But like I said, they're getting off relatively easy, even if Lori and Olivia don't recover. It's an ego blow sure, but a small price to pay. Privilege is very real. I wonder when they will do their PR interview. Before or after they finish the sentence. I wouldn't be surprised if OJ leaves the comments on, so she can talk about how she's being harrassed. She could easily turn them off on her new YT videos and Tik Tok. Like she did with IG and her old videos.
This! I just think it's funny that Olivia could try her comeback while the influencer industry is struggling due to the pandemic. So brands would not want to sponsor her anyway because their budgets have been slashed, and her PR crisis is the double whammy against her getting those brand deals. Her only hope for profit is adsense and affiliate links, but brands have cut their affiliate payout levels and people are shopping less sooo...

Re: Olivia's possible apology video - do we think she'll admit to knowing, taking the honest route to say she did a dumb thing because that's what people in her social sphere do -or- do we think she'll lie and say she didn't know what her mom and dad were doing? I think that if she lies, she'll make the situation worse for herself because we all know she knew what was going on. She posed on a rowing machine and had someone else complete her application for crying out loud. But then again, if she tells the truth, some people will shun her and her parents more for lying this whole time. Maybe Shane can help her spin it documentary style to get people to sympathize with her. Either way, I think her income opportunities in social media are a fraction of what they used to be.

danishgirl177
Learner
Learner

Post by danishgirl177 »

I think it’s interesting she posted quite a bit about the George Floyd situation considering her parents are Trump supporters and would most likely be on the opposing side. Part of me actually thinks she might be doing this so she can gain support & come back to YouTube.

Return to “Olivia Jade”