Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cassie - Part 23

Post by thechicagopiano »

anastasia1989 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:30 am
No but that’s the thing, she really does mean ANYONE going to parks to sit there. I 100% agree that people going to parks and beaches in large groups, and meeting friends and family from other houses, and camping out on the beach when it is already packed, are idiotic and flouting government guidelines (which included avoiding “beauty spots” as they were likely to be packed). However, she is saying EVERYONE should just stay home, and if you don’t have a garden like she does then too bad. That’s the sacrifice you have to make (not that she has to make it). The government guidelines clearly state that you are allowed to sit at a park and sunbathe/picnic, so long as it is with members of your household only, and you maintain a minimum of 2 metres between yourself and others. Obviously if you get to the park and it’s packed like a festival then don’t sit there. But sorry Carrie, there isn’t a total ban on leaving your house. Some people live in basement flats with no outdoor space or natural light, or in massive share houses with hardly any space to themselves. They are allowed to go and sit by themselves in a park for an hour. I KNOW she’s specifically concerned about the idiots who don’t follow those rules, as am I, but you can’t just sit in your massive private fenced backyard you share with ONE other person and issue a blanket ban on leaving your house.
she literally said she meant people in large crowds tho... and posted a pic of what she meant. she specifically said she understood people going to the park and social distancing. she’s defo in the right here

thechicagopiano
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hopefully I've done this right and they post properly, but these are her answers about the lockdown. she literally says she's talking about people in large crowds who aren't social distancing so she's in the right here. i can agree her comments about having a garden or whatever are maybe grating but she's still right, and she's pushing the right message for what needs to be done. i'd say this is a good thing for her to stick her neck out for - she's argued needlessly about plenty worse in the past
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thechicagopiano
Wanderer
Wanderer

jojo86 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:08 pm
I just think it's weird that size 16 is the average size in the UK. I'm an very overweight and I wear 16. I'd think 10/12 is the average size
in 2019 the average size was 16 for a UK woman. If it's a mean average though (it probably is but i don't actually know) it doesn't mean 'most people are a size 16' it takes the average size of people (underweight, healthy weight, and overweight) and combines them to get that number. so could be skewed by a few people with very big sizes cancelling out more people with average sizes, if you get what i mean. not sure i'm explaining this well haha

Scraps-Of-Adventure
Learner
Learner

Post by Scraps-Of-Adventure »

I think her wording is what pissed people off. She posts 3-4 stories everyday of her sunbathing and then tells someone "are you going to fight for your right to sunbathe ?"

Also her videos with Oliver are getting on my nerves. Everytime there is a topic, she gives her opinion and then goes on saying "well, it might also be different for me because [insert privilege]"; Because I've met celebrities as a child, because I've never had to get a non-theater job to eat, because my first job was universal. If she doesn't have a story about how privileged she is, then she throws an ex-boyfriend story in the mix...
That being said I'm starting to really like Oliver

PocketPLocket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocketPLocket »

She's posting so much stuff about her weight but honestly I don't see anyone else talking about it? Am I missing something? Even talk here has only happened because she's talking about her weight so much, and majority of the people are sayings she's not that big. I know some people were super harsh about her weight when she was cast as Veronica, but for the most part I don't see people commenting on her weight that much unless she's prompted it herself.

I'm not denying she is getting the occasional mean comment on her insta - she is a woman on the internet after all - but manufacturing hate is just lame.

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

PocketPLocket wrote:She's posting so much stuff about her weight but honestly I don't see anyone else talking about it? Am I missing something? Even talk here has only happened because she's talking about her weight so much, and majority of the people are sayings she's not that big. I know some people were super harsh about her weight when she was cast as Veronica, but for the most part I don't see people commenting on her weight that much unless she's prompted it herself.

I'm not denying she is getting the occasional mean comment on her insta - she is a woman on the internet after all - but manufacturing hate is just lame.
I don’t really have an issue with how she’s going about it this time honestly. It’s probably more on her mind because she is doing things like laying out in a bikini, and she’s trying to be a positive body role model. For once she’s not shouting about how people are telling her specifically she’s ‘too big’, she’s just trying to say that people should lobe their bodies even if they do have ‘ugly’ things like stomach rolls. It’s a good message to push to her young fans, because for once she’s not trying to link it to being sexually attractive and therefore desirable to others, she’s finally cottoned onto the fact that the point of being body positive is to love your own body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PocketPLocket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocketPLocket »

Illogic_ally wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:38 am
PocketPLocket wrote:She's posting so much stuff about her weight but honestly I don't see anyone else talking about it? Am I missing something? Even talk here has only happened because she's talking about her weight so much, and majority of the people are sayings she's not that big. I know some people were super harsh about her weight when she was cast as Veronica, but for the most part I don't see people commenting on her weight that much unless she's prompted it herself.

I don’t really have an issue with how she’s going about it this time honestly. It’s probably more on her mind because she is doing things like laying out in a bikini, and she’s trying to be a positive body role model. For once she’s not shouting about how people are telling her specifically she’s ‘too big’, she’s just trying to say that people should lobe their bodies even if they do have ‘ugly’ things like stomach rolls. It’s a good message to push to her young fans, because for once she’s not trying to link it to being sexually attractive and therefore desirable to others, she’s finally cottoned onto the fact that the point of being body positive is to love your own body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's true, and I hope it is helping her fans feel better/more confident in themselves. Last thing people need right now is to feel bad about their bodies! I think it just struck me because I went on TikTok for the first time in a few days and all of her body positive stuff hit me in one go and it was like...blimey! Haha.

BleedPurpleAndGold
Lurker
Lurker

Post by BleedPurpleAndGold »

Did anyone watch this morning's video and catch how she didn't go meet James McAvoy because she wants the first time meeting him to be when she hopefully works with him one day and she doesn't want to be recognized as the girl he met at stage door? I thought that was such a weird way of thinking about things. She should totally have the aspiration to work with him (ngl, I even have that dream), but to actively go against meeting such an amazing actor because she basically expects him to remember her if they do work together is insane to me. Think of how many people he meets between stage door, movie premiers, and everyday life. What are the chances he's going to remember a girl from a decade ago (unless she makes a horrible impression). It's like how we all thought we would be that person our favorite celebrity would see in a crowd and fall in love with...

CynicalV
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by CynicalV »

I don't get why when she is complimented on her figure, she has to go out of her way to 'prove' it isn't that good. 'Wow you look slim and fabulous Carrie' ' UM ACTuallY nO LooK aT mY fat rolls IM FAT LOOK SO MUCH FAT'. Just take the compliment and go.

Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ghostie_ »

BleedPurpleAndGold wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:09 pm
Did anyone watch this morning's video and catch how she didn't go meet James McAvoy because she wants the first time meeting him to be when she hopefully works with him one day and she doesn't want to be recognized as the girl he met at stage door? I thought that was such a weird way of thinking about things. She should totally have the aspiration to work with him (ngl, I even have that dream), but to actively go against meeting such an amazing actor because she basically expects him to remember her if they do work together is insane to me. Think of how many people he meets between stage door, movie premiers, and everyday life. What are the chances he's going to remember a girl from a decade ago (unless she makes a horrible impression). It's like how we all thought we would be that person our favorite celebrity would see in a crowd and fall in love with...
As if she’s that arrogant that she thinks someone as talented and as famous as James McAvoy would automatically recognise her... he probably mets fans all the time. It’s just cocky to think they’ll remember you... unless you say come from the same town, or went to their school, celebrities are not likely to remember every person they meet. Ok so next time I see Tom Hiddleston, I’ll expect him to remember me? :roll:

I’ve met a few amazing musicians a couple of times through my boyfriend and I’ve never once EXPECTED them to remember me. Sometimes if he works with the same ones a few times, they do but not always...Imagine if I was like no I don’t want to meet XYZ because they’ll remember me as your girlfriend :rofl:
Just your friendly neighbourhood bitch

Buttercup1234
Talker
Talker

Post by Buttercup1234 »

Now would have been the perfect time for her to get a job in a supermarket or similar, where she might have learned some humility and what’s like on the “other side” of customer service. She might start to understand a little bit of what most other actors have to do to make ends meet; and maybe appreciate that not everyone gets to sleep in after a show until almost lunch time because they have their other job to go to, and how she’s more than likely not always the most tired person in a theatre.

She hasn’t got the excuse of it interfering with her show work, and considering she has literally never ever had a “normal” job, this could have been a great opportunity for her that she’ll never get again.

PocketPLocket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocketPLocket »

Buttercup1234 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:22 pm
Now would have been the perfect time for her to get a job in a supermarket or similar, where she might have learned some humility and what’s like on the “other side” of customer service. She might start to understand a little bit of what most other actors have to do to make ends meet; and maybe appreciate that not everyone gets to sleep in after a show until almost lunch time because they have their other job to go to, and how she’s more than likely not always the most tired person in a theatre.

She hasn’t got the excuse of it interfering with her show work, and considering she has literally never ever had a “normal” job, this could have been a great opportunity for her that she’ll never get again.
But why would she if she didn't have to? Like, honestly, if you could all survive without having to work a service job then would you get one anyway? Also if she were to work in a shop during this time she'd just be taking a job away from someone who actually needed it.

The problem isn't so much that she's never had to work one of those types of jobs but that she is completely unaware of her massive privilege in never having had one imo.

Post by Guest »

PocketPLocket wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:38 pm
Buttercup1234 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:22 pm

But why would she if she didn't have to? Like, honestly, if you could all survive without having to work a service job then would you get one anyway? Also if she were to work in a shop during this time she'd just be taking a job away from someone who actually needed it.

The problem isn't so much that she's never had to work one of those types of jobs but that she is completely unaware of her massive privilege in never having had one imo.
Yeah if she took one of those jobs as a “learning lesson” that would be pretty gross.

Salatblader
Debater
Debater

Post by Salatblader »

Anyone have any idea which show Carrie mentioned she got paid £300 a week for? In the good morning #71-video - she said that shows can pay very differently to one another, and that she was a lead in one show and got paid £2000 a week, and the job immediately following, she was the lead in a show that paid £300 a week (a much bigger role). She mentioned travelling into London for it (so, I'm assuming not a touring show). At first I thought maybe it was going from Les Mis to Chitty, but Chitty was a touring show.. I guess it could have been going from The Addams Family to Heathers?

anastasia1989
Learner
Learner

Post by anastasia1989 »

Salatblader wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:46 am
Anyone have any idea which show Carrie mentioned she got paid £300 a week for? In the good morning #71-video - she said that shows can pay very differently to one another, and that she was a lead in one show and got paid £2000 a week, and the job immediately following, she was the lead in a show that paid £300 a week (a much bigger role). She mentioned travelling into London for it (so, I'm assuming not a touring show). At first I thought maybe it was going from Les Mis to Chitty, but Chitty was a touring show.. I guess it could have been going from The Addams Family to Heathers?
Yeah I would guess that you’re probably right with the £300 a week show being Heathers. It’s initial run was at The Other Palace which is a smallwe independent theatre. I believe it’s technically off-West End. I could see her taking a big pay cut just for the opportunity of playing a lead in a cult musical. I’d imagine her pay went up significantly after its move to the Theatre Royal Haymarket, though.

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

Did anyone catch her videos singing the Beetlejuice song? Why does her high notes are sounding worse and worse?
-english is not my first language-

PocketPLocket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocketPLocket »

coffelatte wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:57 am
Did anyone catch her videos singing the Beetlejuice song? Why does her high notes are sounding worse and worse?
Omg yes that was BAD. Sometimes everyone should have sing without having to worry about how they sound as it's very cathartic, but usually you don't record them and put them up on instagram. Especially when your career is based on your singing voice.

Divoka
Learner
Learner

Post by Divoka »

PocketPLocket wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 10:05 am
coffelatte wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:57 am
Omg yes that was BAD. Sometimes everyone should have sing without having to worry about how they sound as it's very cathartic, but usually you don't record them and put them up on instagram. Especially when your career is based on your singing voice.
It was so pitchy and shouty... like, embarrassingly so... When I saw it I came here immediately but GG was down lol

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

and you don't add that you wanna play that character on stage when you can't even hit the notes.
-english is not my first language-

Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ghostie_ »

So she posted that privilege life race thing that’s going around atm...how can she post that and still be completely unaware of her privilege...how can she post that and still think “oh yes, sure I had a private education, I’m white, blonde middle class and so on BUT I’m oppressed too because I have brown eyes,”

Also the comment she made about someone thanking her for posting about BLM. Stop making it about you Carrie. The white saviour complex isn’t cute.
Just your friendly neighbourhood bitch

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”