Angelica "Who asked for her?" Nyqvist - The Hobbiest YouTuber (Part 2)

GluteActivation
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Angelica "Who asked for her?" Nyqvist - The Hobbiest YouTuber (Part 2)

Post by GluteActivation »

continue here :tu:

Kunty_Brewster
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Re: Angelica "Who asked for her?" Nyqvist - The Hobbiest YouTuber (Part 2)

Post by Kunty_Brewster »

Her latest video is a treasure trove .... why does she keep doing lizard faces ? That mouth smack tongue thing ? I want to like her but she just keeps doing too much. Wait till you you guys see the bag she purchased made out of a Teddy Bears hide, it’s lovely. Maybe I don’t get European styles and it’s just me. But she picks terrible makeup and clothes for her face and body type. But hey you do you. She’s very haggard looking to me without makeup and even all dolled up here she looks older than her age. I think HD is just no mercy. That event is seemed dead and I don’t even know what the point of it was.
Last edited by Kunty_Brewster on Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smartypants80
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smartypants80 »

Can't believe we finally made it to a new thread!!

BlueIris
Informer
Informer

Post by BlueIris »

Kunty_Brewster wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:21 pm
Her latest video is a treasure trove .... why does she keep doing lizard faces ? That mouth smack tongue thing ? I want to like her but she just keeps doing too much. Wait till you you guys see the bag she purchased made out of a Teddy Bears hide, it’s lovely. Maybe I don’t get European styles and it’s just me. But she picks terrible makeup and clothes for her face and body type. But hey you do you. She’s very haggard looking to me without makeup and even all dolled up here she looks older than her age. I think HD is just no mercy. That event is seemed dead and I don’t even know what the point of it was.
Nah, I'm European. I'm even Scandinavian (and even lived in Sweden briefly) and I think her clothing style is awful. And those handbags she's been buying? Yuck! That Teddy bear bag, that Marc Jacobs Pillow bag and the small brown one (I don't remember the brand)? Hideous! Absolutely fucking UGLY. The green Gucci is the most ok of the bunch but still not that pretty. I don't get her sense of style, it's terrible.

And maybe it was the lighting but she looked so much older in that vlog than in her videos (where she can adjust the lighting and camera settings etc to look the best). And those faces she kept making in the vlog? WTF? Yeah, lizard is right 🤣

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Angelica's style is basically that of someone with no style who makes an effort for London Fashion Week. -- Actually trashy, but trying oh so hard to be edgy/classy. So she's into prints or whatever but gravitates towards the trashy prints.- but then realises that doesn't project 'the right image' for a wannabe fashion blogger so intentionally 'tones it down' in an overly 'demure' way.
-- And bingo! We have one of her grandma blouses.
Hey, hey, - I like me a good floral blouse myself. But not with pink hair. OTT makeup. Massive tassel earrings. Knee high boots. Pleather mini skirt. AND a fake fur coat. All pretty standard fare - worn together - in Angie fast fashion world.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

smartypants80
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smartypants80 »

Unpopular opinion below:
Her style doesn't really bother me much. It's not my taste, but if she likes ugly 70's style clothes good on her. I think the teal Gucci bag is cute, the small chloe bag is cute too in my opinion.

The big red pillow bag is kind of ridiculous. It doesn't even stay closed. It doesn't seem safe. My junk would be flying out of it. I personally thought the teddy tote bag was cute too, but I hope she won't use it as an actual purse and just use it as a cute tote.

I guess I'm biased cause I actually like Angelica. Some of her lofty opinions annoy me, her constant hair fluffing annoys me, wasting screen time on all her animals constantly is annoying. But I still watch all her videos and enjoy most of them.

Post by Guest »

Her hair and styling are a trash. She has almost no forehead, foreteeth are longer than the rabbits' and the nose reminds me of Miss Piggy's. She looks much older even with Botox. :o

PlaidandStripes
Talker
Talker

Post by PlaidandStripes »

I LOVE the new title of this thread. :D

Angelica is the definition of “does too much”. She can’t help it because that’s how she gets her attention and a world without attention on her is no worthy world at all. I like her taste at times, but then she hits a switch and, well...does too much.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

PlaidandStripes wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:44 am
I LOVE the new title of this thread. :D

Angelica is the definition of “does too much”. She can’t help it because that’s how she gets her attention and a world without attention on her is no worthy world at all. I like her taste at times, but then she hits a switch and, well...does too much.
Yeah. There are elements I enjoy. Separately. 😆

I think she's simultaneously pitching for a #relatable 'toned down' version of herself AND a high fashion print-clashing, everything-at-once, mix of styles.... and it just doesn't work. It wouldn't work on anyone tbh, even a legit supermodel blogger couldn't make some of Angie's outfits look good.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Dead morose
Learner
Learner

Post by Dead morose »

Screenshot_2020-02-19-22-33-40.png
For real? Is anyone intersted? Anyone?
Also, the video is 25 minutes long. That girl loves to hear herself talk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^^ Lol granny blouse and blue hair!!

(I like her makeup though, for once!)

PlaidandStripes
Talker
Talker

I like her makeup here, too.

A lot of these smaller, paint with colors, indie-loving beautubers would look better wearing less makeup.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

PlaidandStripes wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:54 pm
I like her makeup here, too.

A lot of these smaller, paint with colors, indie-loving beautubers would look better wearing less makeup.
*sings like a Gregorian monk*

Aaaaaaaaaaaaamen.

yellllow
Learner
Learner

Post by yellllow »

I mean I'm kinda interested, I think it's a cool video idea, but then again I'm maybe more into clothing than make up in general. I can see how a 10 most used palettes would be a better video for her audience, but I don't know how you'd pick if you had 100s of them..

Anyway, I would watch that kind of video but not a 25 minute long one (just because having in mind her other vids I don't think she has enough interesting stuff to say that would fill up a 25 min video lol). And maybe not because it's Angie's style...

PlaidandStripes
Talker
Talker

There has to be a point where ranking videos are useless from people who have such large collections. If you haven’t used more than 95% of your palettes recently because you have hundreds of them. If you aren’t able to revisit palettes because you haul over 4 palettes a month and are always reviewing something new. What use are rankings? A week of trying it out and then what?

A 10 Most Used Palettes video from Angelica would be a video of palettes she managed to remember, but most likely because of the branding or relation to the brand rather than performance.

I wouldn’t believe it from her.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^^ Totally.

That's why I prefer 'if I could only keep one' videos rather than ranking videos. It's not really about the 'best' product in terms of pigment/packaging/colour etc. It's about which product they consistently USE and therefore which is the best value for them/most no-nonsense.

Watana
Learner
Learner

Post by Watana »

I've fallen behind a bit with her videos, how watching her january monthly haul... She is the person who has just completed a year-long no-buy and bought 8 palettes a month after... What's the point?
The most funny part about that video is when she talks about benefit PR: "...i will say i hate this [blush] packaging, i really do and (tigger warning!) I EVEN TOLD BENEFIT THIS - I DON'T LIKE THIS PACKAGING..." What the fuck do you expect from Benefit - to designate you as their product design executive?
Who is she?
Who am I?
Where are we?
What is this?
Why are we?
Who is gay?
😂

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

But Watana, didn't you know, one indie brand once changed their shipping policy because Angie bitched and moaned on social media! Of *course* all the big brands want her advice! 😂

fi_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by fi_ »

You probably talked about this in the past, or you didn't and nobody has a problem with this lolol
Her sexual innuendos are too much for my ears
How often during one week does she make a
that's what she said/that's not what she said joke?
I watched her latest video on new make up releases and she said that joke and then mentioned how she fingered [Thatcha] silk canvas while she was in some store.
Maybe she knows her audience is older or something
But still, makes me uncomfortable.
Oh well, maybe that's just me

Schweetums
Talker
Talker

Post by Schweetums »

She went from blue to green hair this week.

Return to “A-E”