Sweaty Hope Fletcher and the Deathly Bore - Part 22

Re: Sweaty Hope Fletcher and the Deathly Bore - Part 22

Post by Guest »

In response to those asking where I saw the clips, both Mollie and Scott (Paige) have posted on their stories watching Carrie run from the sidelines. It’s cute to see them supporting her.

notjust_vanilla
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by notjust_vanilla »

Well done to her!

Although I'm not looking forward to all the stories she's got planned, I'm praying she doesn't say she has proven all of us meanie haters wrong even though nearly all of us haven't slated her for it :rofl:

iammoonmoon
Talker
Talker

Post by iammoonmoon »

Margo_Channing wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:41 am
She's not up for any awards tonight is she??
Doesn’t look like it. High Fidelity is nominated in best new musical I think, but no awards for Oliver himself.

Good on her for completing the marathon though. As someone who’s done C25K, it’s really hard to get used to endurance running, especially coming from never running at all.
Excuse typos I’m probably on mobile

AlvarezA
Talker
Talker

Post by AlvarezA »

Question about the Olivers because I think nominations are tomorrow ?? Is Les Mis eligible? Because isn’t it technically counted as a new production?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itsamemario8
Learner
Learner

Post by Itsamemario8 »

Finally caught up on this thread and wow I've missed a lot! Good on her for finishing the half marathon, but did anyone notice how when she went over to hug Scott and Co, she nearly ran right into another runner? She wasn't aware of those around her as usual. Maybe I'm just nitpicking and it was nice she wanted to give a quick hug but c'mon look where you're going!

Must37
Learner
Learner

Post by Must37 »

Her insta stories of the run are actually really sweet so far!

xheadstrongx
Lurker
Lurker

Post by xheadstrongx »

Agreed, those stories are actually really sweet so far. And some of the happiest and most likeable stuff she has posted in a long time. I wish that part of her personality shined through more, it was the reason I liked her so much when I first found her videos years ago. And good on her, she did it and she really doesn't seem to be struggling at all. I wouldn't have lasted a mile.

Cloudnumber123
Talker
Talker

Post by Cloudnumber123 »

xheadstrongx wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:26 pm
Agreed, those stories are actually really sweet so far. And some of the happiest and most likeable stuff she has posted in a long time. I wish that part of her personality shined through more, it was the reason I liked her so much when I first found her videos years ago. And good on her, she did it and she really doesn't seem to be struggling at all. I wouldn't have lasted a mile.
I agree as well. First time in a long time I have left a current video/insta story from her and actually felt uplifted.

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

I gotta admit, Carrie proves us all wrong.
While it sucks her trip to Japan was cancelled (I have a Japan trip also coming soon and I’m nervous about canceling) I’m glad she will be able to rest at home.

I do feel bad about Oliver refusing to acknowledge her publicly, not even a mention of her run even after she dedicated him her last mile
-english is not my first language-

FullTimeLoser
Learner
Learner

Post by FullTimeLoser »

That's the Carrie I used to like - full of positivity and appreciation.

toffeethegossip
Debater
Debater

Post by toffeethegossip »

CatSheldon wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:35 am
In response to those asking where I saw the clips, both Mollie and Scott (Paige) have posted on their stories watching Carrie run from the sidelines. It’s cute to see them supporting her.
She is also on the scummymummies stories as she ran with Helen :tu:

jojo86
Debater
Debater

Post by jojo86 »

coffelatte wrote:I gotta admit, Carrie proves us all wrong.
While it sucks her trip to Japan was cancelled (I have a Japan trip also coming soon and I’m nervous about canceling) I’m glad she will be able to rest at home.

I do feel bad about Oliver refusing to acknowledge her publicly, not even a mention of her run even after she dedicated him her last mile
I do agree. I wonder if she takes what she needs and deserve out of the relationship. But I know some people not like public displays of love and support. He might be supporting her privately. I know my husband would post it online but would still be supporting me.

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 8T μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Yeah it doesn't seem strange to me that he didn't acknowledge the run on social media because I don't doubt he did in person.

They are coming up on their second (third? fourth? considering how she always changes the story) anniversary so I wonder if he will publicly acknowledge that though

Salatblader
Debater
Debater

Post by Salatblader »

Loving the positivity on here about her run. Shows that this forum is not haters, but that we are former fans who wish her well, want her to thrive, make creative videos again instead of pointless stories, and to not start online arguements.

Salatblader
Debater
Debater

Post by Salatblader »

Sorry for the double post and OT, but I got recommended this video by the Youtube algorithm of Carrie and Rob performing Little Fall of Rain in 2013:

I always wanted to see her as Eponine but never got the chance to, so I was curious to see how her acting was. I thought she acted well in that clip, and her voice was wonderful. Still think I would have enjoyed her Eponine, even if her acting hasn't been great (in my opinion) in most of the the shows I've seen her in. I feel like her acting was better on the whole the first time she did Les Miserables... more subtle and nuanced. What do you guys think?

crypticdeer
Talker
Talker

Post by crypticdeer »

I do think it's better, I wonder if it's because her weakness lies when she needs to diversify her performance to roles with other types of emotion, though. It's quite hard to do a direct comparison, but I might be wrong. The performance was indeed more enjoyable than the likes of her Heathers and Addams ones.

SullyD33
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by SullyD33 »

I really liked her race day insta stories from her half marathon - seemed much more positive and genuine than a lot of recent stuff.

One thing that did get me was that she was wearing makeup, I've run half marathons and marathons and I can't imagine running in makeup, your skin needs to breathe!

pepperann
Informer
Informer

Post by pepperann »

Soooo proud! This is 100% Carrie being her best self. We love to see it. I hope she feels amazing. I hope the positive attitude continues!

SullyD33
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by SullyD33 »

Salatblader wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:48 am
Sorry for the double post and OT, but I got recommended this video by the Youtube algorithm of Carrie and Rob performing Little Fall of Rain in 2013:

I always wanted to see her as Eponine but never got the chance to, so I was curious to see how her acting was. I thought she acted well in that clip, and her voice was wonderful. Still think I would have enjoyed her Eponine, even if her acting hasn't been great (in my opinion) in most of the the shows I've seen her in. I feel like her acting was better on the whole the first time she did Les Miserables... more subtle and nuanced. What do you guys think?
Imo her acting was best in Les Mis the first time around. I thought she was good in Chitty but after that went downhill to what we see now.

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

A girl I know saw her on Les Mis last month and said her acting was good. I guess the “dark” roles are the ones she is not as good (Wednesday and Veronica) so I guess dark cinderella is going to be....bad
-english is not my first language-

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”