Drugstore Makeup/Beauty HAUL 2013

ScarletRose31
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Drugstore Makeup/Beauty HAUL 2013

Post by ScarletRose31 »

sil3 wrote:when she says "my husband actually won this in a ...you know one of those machines where you put like a quarter in"
"...but, he actually won, two little teddy bears, in a row so, this is one of them...."

........um isnt that a pig?? :?

oh and she says she actually keeps it in her pillow. I think she means her bed. What 25 yr old woman still does this? I mean it would make more sense if she was a single 25 yr old woman with stuffed animals on her bed. She is married and with kids.I wonder if Jesse is ok with this, or if he even notices how his wife acts. I dont know thats just my opinion. She seems extremely juvenile.
This woman still sleeps with a stuffed animal and I am in my 20's. My stuffed animal is sentimental to me and I wouldn't give it up just because I'm not a kid anymore. I've had it since I was really little and I am used to sleeping with it in my arm. I'm sure a stuffed animal is not going to be high up on Jesus' list of worries. If anything, he probably thinks it's sweet Dulce keeps her stuffed animal on the bed since he won it for her.

I do agree with you on the teddy bear part. It struck me as odd too. It would have been a nice story had she not spoken so quickly and identified the prize correctly.

I don't have a problem with how she decorates her room or what she bought. What did bother me about Dulce's haul was her mentality and I'm not talking about the same "childish" mentality that has been mentioned here. She talks so quickly, contradicts herself, and appears as though she never actually thinks before she speaks. Dulce is constantly correcting herself and being so wishy-washy. Practicing for a haul video wouldn't hurt. Not constantly making attention-seeking comments would be an improvement too. Put a little thought into what you're saying and give your honest opinion about the products (hence trying some out before filming a haul, like the lip glosses, for example).

@dulcechunti You're right about the body language. I believe looking up and to the right when talking is an indication someone is lying. I looked back at the video and she did that while talking about her make-up collection.

smiiile
Learner
Learner

Post by smiiile »

People were actually commenting regarding going off topic and not even mentioning some products names or their qualities...it was like what was the point of the haul if you are going to ramble and then not describe what you bought? :roll:

girlwithopinionsokay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by girlwithopinionsokay »

WORST HAUL YET,

AMAY-SING
Learner
Learner

Post by AMAY-SING »

sil3 wrote:when she says "my husband actually won this in a ...you know one of those machines where you put like a quarter in"
"...but, he actually won, two little teddy bears, in a row so, this is one of them...."

........um isnt that a pig?? :?

oh and she says she actually keeps it in her pillow. I think she means her bed..
Stop nitpicking. I refer to pretty much all plush animals as teddy bears. It's just one of those things.

Also, am I the only one that sees the EXTREME SHADE that was thrown in Judy's vlog. She didnt even try to play it off as if she was looking at her IG feed and just happened to come across Dulce's picture...she deliberately threw in that clip.

badgal

Post by badgal »

She came off really quite insane in this vid, I actually felt a bit sorry for her. TMI about her nail falling off :? I wonder how much longer she will actually keep doing yt because her videos don't get amazing views any more, she's on a par with Jarmaine lol! Michelle Phan can get 2m in a day, Dulce's nowhere near that...

Lolita27
Talker
Talker

Post by Lolita27 »

dulcechunti wrote:
Lolita27 wrote:I don't know if it's the pom-poms, the lights, the pink teddy bear, her immature style, her lack of knowledge and poor grammar, or a combination of these factors, but she sounded dumber than usual. Medicine doesn't work? medium to light brown hair? Not a hoarder yet pulling out every lipstick shade produced? Check yourself in a mental institute girl.
You are my GG crush... :love2: ;)
I'm glad you said it first, because I've been feeling the same way ;) <3
ScarletRose31 wrote: She talks so quickly, contradicts herself, and appears as though she never actually thinks before she speaks. Dulce is constantly correcting herself and being so wishy-washy.

@dulcechunti You're right about the body language. I believe looking up and to the right when talking is an indication someone is lying. I looked back at the video and she did that while talking about her make-up collection.
I agree with both of you, she's very erratic and her body language is a big tip-off to her lies. She needs to slow down and be herself. Clearly many people have expressed how much they liked her back then and even more have expressed how little they like her fake self now.

smiiile
Learner
Learner

Post by smiiile »

BadGalJJ wrote:She came off really quite insane in this vid, I actually felt a bit sorry for her. TMI about her nail falling off :? I wonder how much longer she will actually keep doing yt because her videos don't get amazing views any more, she's on a par with Jarmaine lol! Michelle Phan can get 2m in a day, Dulce's nowhere near that...
She did come off as crazy...she was jumping from one topic to another and her sentences didn't even make sense. :|

maleficent
Debater
Debater

Post by maleficent »

I don't think it is nitpicky to point out the difference between a PIG and a TEDDY BEAR. The knowledge to identify either is very basic.

It's pointless to harp on the fact that you gave away 70% of your hoard, especially if you are slowly buying 70% worth again.

Wasteful bitch.

whereicomefrom
Informer
Informer

Post by whereicomefrom »

1. i'm kind of appalled she tried that highlight stuff before "fully reading the details". that's just stupid.
2. 'it's beatiful' 'it's so beautiful' 'it looks beautiful' jeeeeez
3. isn't prom FOREVER away?
4. her hair looks ridiculous.
5. i wish she'd start swatching products in videos. seriously.
6. i can't believe she bought ALL THOSE l'oreal lip products without even checking what finish they give.
7. can't stand every single lip color she shows. why wear barbie lips every. single. day?!

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

whereicomefrom wrote:1. i'm kind of appalled she tried that highlight stuff before "fully reading the details". that's just stupid.
2. 'it's beatiful' 'it's so beautiful' 'it looks beautiful' jeeeeez
3. isn't prom FOREVER away?
4. her hair looks ridiculous.
5. i wish she'd start swatching products in videos. seriously.
6. i can't believe she bought ALL THOSE l'oreal lip products without even checking what finish they give.
7. can't stand every single lip color she shows. why wear barbie lips every. single. day?!
For #3, the answer is yes! Most high school proms are in April. That's a long way away. I guess Dulce is SO BUSY ALL THE TIME buying shit she doesn't need that she has to start thinking of prom tutorials 4 months in advance.

For #6, not only that, but she just contradicts what she said about "I'm not a makeup hoarder you guise!!1! But here are 5 lipsticks I bought and I didn't even buy all the colors I wanted!1!"

lmoner
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lmoner »

really? MORE makeup? after she just posted that picture on instagram

ScarletRose31
Talker
Talker

Post by ScarletRose31 »

whereicomefrom wrote: 5. i wish she'd start swatching products in videos. seriously.
This kind of gets on my nerves too. Part of the reason I watch hauls is to see what new products there and what they actually look like out of the packaging. I go to makeupalley to see what people say, but everyone's description of a color or consistency is different. I'll be watching one of Dulce's haul and become interested in a product, she opens it to look at it...and then puts it away. I will admit that I am happy to see her posting her haul items on her blog again and the photos do look professional.

Maybe Dulce doesn't swatch the products because she only purchased the collections for the haul and may return some of them?

JohannaJacoba
Talker
Talker

Post by JohannaJacoba »

ScarletRose31 wrote:
whereicomefrom wrote: 5. i wish she'd start swatching products in videos. seriously.
This kind of gets on my nerves too. Part of the reason I watch hauls is to see what new products there and what they actually look like out of the packaging. I go to makeupalley to see what people say, but everyone's description of a color or consistency is different. I'll be watching one of Dulce's haul and become interested in a product, she opens it to look at it...and then puts it away. I will admit that I am happy to see her posting her haul items on her blog again and the photos do look professional.

Maybe Dulce doesn't swatch the products because she only purchased the collections for the haul and may return some of them?

Considering her 'make up collection', it's not a thing she usually does....

sorry bout it
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sorry bout it »

Rose13 wrote:My friend told me about this website and I couldn't believe it. I am well aware this is the 'trash a guru" section, but what purpose does that serve you? You girls go into detail about her videos-and I ask myself, "why waste your time watching her videos, and then coming on here to talk trash about her?" If you girls hate her so much, then stop watching her videos and use your time doing something you actually like. Many say it's not jealousy, but I think it is. I agree, she shouldn't buy so much make up, but as long as her bills are paid, her son is taken care of, then who are you or I to tell her what she should be spending her money on? For her it's makeup, for others it's shoes, books, etc. As long as you're not deciding, "should I buy this dress or pay my rent?" then it's not an issue. I just don't get how people can have so much hate for someone they don't even know personally.
Ummm. 'Cause it's FUN. DUH!

Why waste your time reading the "trash a guru" section if you think it's so lame? PFFFFFT.

sorry bout it
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sorry bout it »

That instagram pic with all that makeup was RIDICULOUS!!!! I mean she probably gets some of that crap for free but a lot of it she spends money on and what a waste of money!!! Why are all of these gurus such hoarders?? None of them even do tutorials anymore or OOTDs, it's just haul after haul after haul. Seriously , dull-say? You coulda started a trust fund for "i-sick" and junk.

sil3
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sil3 »

I wonder why all of a sudden she's starting to do makeup related posts on her "fashion blog" (what she always calls it)
Is she trying to get more hits on her blog now? Pretty soon were gonna start seeing her do blogs in spanish or with subtitles. Despite her "forgetting how to speak spanish". Money hungry much?

ScarletRose31
Talker
Talker

Post by ScarletRose31 »

Rose13 wrote:My friend told me about this website and I couldn't believe it. I am well aware this is the 'trash a guru" section, but what purpose does that serve you? You girls go into detail about her videos-and I ask myself, "why waste your time watching her videos, and then coming on here to talk trash about her?" If you girls hate her so much, then stop watching her videos and use your time doing something you actually like. Many say it's not jealousy, but I think it is. I agree, she shouldn't buy so much make up, but as long as her bills are paid, her son is taken care of, then who are you or I to tell her what she should be spending her money on? For her it's makeup, for others it's shoes, books, etc. As long as you're not deciding, "should I buy this dress or pay my rent?" then it's not an issue. I just don't get how people can have so much hate for someone they don't even know personally.
This website, or at least this portion, is not as bad as it sounds. Many of us actually are/were fans of Dulce. Unfortunately, she has a habit of not allowing her viewers to speak their minds. I'm not condoning the cussing and incredibly rude comments, but those that are categorized as "constructive criticism". Dulce has a habit of taking the time to delete comments that are the slightest bit critical and then automatically blocking people. Even if there are still people saying nice things, she will put comments on approval or flat out disable them. Basically, people can come here to speak their mind and discuss topics with other viewers. We all know there is a "Rave About a Guru Section" (personally I think the forums should be combined); we do criticize Dulce, but we still give credit where credit is due. There is nothing wrong with speaking our minds, whether it is about Dulce's fashion choices or anything dishonest she has pulled; anything discussed here is information Dulce herself has posted on the world wide web. Anyone getting out of line or posting inappropriate/private information is not tolerated.

JohannaJacoba
Talker
Talker

Post by JohannaJacoba »

ScarletRose31 wrote:
This website, or at least this portion, is not as bad as it sounds. Many of us actually are/were fans of Dulce. Unfortunately, she has a habit of not allowing her viewers to speak their minds. I'm not condoning the cussing and incredibly rude comments, but those that are categorized as "constructive criticism". Dulce has a habit of taking the time to delete comments that are the slightest bit critical and then automatically blocking people. Even if there are still people saying nice things, she will put comments on approval or flat out disable them. Basically, people can come here to speak their mind and discuss topics with other viewers. We all know there is a "Rave About a Guru Section" (personally I think the forums should be combined); we do criticize Dulce, but we still give credit where credit is due. There is nothing wrong with speaking our minds, whether it is about Dulce's fashion choices or anything dishonest she has pulled; anything discussed here is information Dulce herself has posted on the world wide web. Anyone getting out of line or posting inappropriate/private information is not tolerated.

<3

as-if!
Lurker
Lurker

Post by as-if! »

Honestly, in the past I did not have a problem with most of her hauls... but really??

Her intro was super long, unrelated and TMI!
What the hell was she wearing?? Really? that necklace with that heart sweater?
What's up with the hairdo?? It's clearly messy and two colored! She needs to just dye it black or dark brown! HER NATURAL COLOR! did she really tried to pass her hair color as light/medium brown?
She obviously referred to some things directly, even though I think she thought she did it indirectly, like the makeup hoarding!
Disgusting that she gave her sister old, used and expired make up!
And a haul is to show what you got, but she did not! look at the blog post, she got tons of stuff more that she did not show!
Why does she need every single color of every single collection of every single make up brand!!!!??? Such a waste!

ScarletRose31
Talker
Talker

Post by ScarletRose31 »

as-if! wrote:Honestly, in the past I did not have a problem with most of her hauls... but really??

Her intro was super long, unrelated and TMI!

And a haul is to show what you got, but she did not! look at the blog post, she got tons of stuff more that she did not show!
I was disappointed too. I would have liked to have seen her talk about the Burt's Bees and Neutrogena lip gloss she posted on her blog. She definitely should have saved all the irrelevant information for another video, filmed a part two, or just made the video longer and included everything she bought. It defeats the purpose of a haul if you don't make all the items you purchased the focus of the video.

I know I've mentioned it before, but it would be nice if she would list what she's wearing (and the items she purchased) in the bottom bar. On the bright side, she did post photos on her blog, so it's nice that she started doing that again.

Return to “Dulce Candy”