Niki & Gabi - Opposite Twins, Identical Victims - Part 12

Strawberryjelly
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Niki & Gabi - Opposite Twins, Identical Victims.

Post by Strawberryjelly »

And all their underaged white fans invalidating dark skinned women’s feelings and why they are offended calling them “homophobic” when they don’t understand the problem is him stereotyping Normani as an angry, loud black woman which she’s not! It’s 2019 the fact that they can’t get educated on issues like these is ridiculous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

littlejxo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by littlejxo »

Damn what the hell is all this twitter drama they have rn? Like I leave the house for a few hours and come back to this lmao. Something about people being pissed that Dennis plays Normani in the latest video..? Idk I haven't watched it yet.

bagelslut
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by bagelslut »

drinking game: scroll through the responses from gabi's 'apology' tweet and then take a shot every time one of gabi's fans, has an ariana profile pic.
but sure, gabi. you're not at all still a wannabe and all your 11 year old fans love you because you're *you*
Image ^^ for those who ask- video name is "my trip to the gynecologist" :love2: ^^

nova polarcastle
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nova polarcastle »

you guys im fucking crying that the same day ariana had to cancel her meet and greet saying if she's being honest she's not in the best mental state right now that word for word copying what ariana said gabi said shes taking a break from social media :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

poppedcorn
Informer
Informer

Post by poppedcorn »

goddamn their latest celebrity video was so fucking bad and cringy i couldn't even hate watch it

littlejxo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by littlejxo »

poppedcorn wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:03 pm
goddamn their latest celebrity video was so fucking bad and cringy i couldn't even hate watch it
I'm watching it rn and omg... dying laughing at how CRINGE this shit is. How are they not so embarrassed?

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

can someone please fill me in on the Twitter drama? thanks in advance!!
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

NolaArroyo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by NolaArroyo »

TL:DR on the twitter drama? I don't follow either of them on twitter. (Hilariously enough Gabi follows me)

YouNeedToLogOut
Informer
Informer

Post by YouNeedToLogOut »

Niki has made multiple apology tweets and owned up to her ignorance and Gabi hasn’t apologized at all and has just defended herself lol. The only shocking part about that though is that Niki is trying to do damage control not shocked that Gabi is doing the opposite of damage control.

YouNeedToLogOut
Informer
Informer

Post by YouNeedToLogOut »

NolaArroyo wrote:TL:DR on the twitter drama? I don't follow either of them on twitter. (Hilariously enough Gabi follows me)
I didn’t watch their celebrity video and I didn’t know who Normani or Dennis was before this but what I’ve gathered from their tweets is that people thought it was distasteful that they cast Dennis as Normani because there is an issue that black women are sometimes perceived as masculine for no apparent reason. So people are saying Niki and Gabi are encouraging and supporting this by casting Dennis as Normani. Their defence is that the only reason Dennis was Normani was that he is a huge fan. People are still mad though because they think they should have been more sensitive towards the issue and not cast Dennis as Normani even if their intentions weren’t malicious. Niki is replying to a lot of people and saying she was unaware of this but that she understands that isn’t an excuse and she is sorry for her ignorance and will try to do better in the future. Gabi hasn’t apologized and has just made a couple tweets defending herself by repeating that Dennis is a Normani fan.

littlejxo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by littlejxo »

Gabi posted a snap saying she’s leaving social media for a bit again. Ffs we all know you’ll be back in a day or less lmao. Lke ive said before.. if either of them ever needs a break they need to just DO IT and quit announcing it to the world like they’re ever gonna follow through. I get secondhand embarrassment when they get all dramatic and fishing for attention then act like they never said anything.

NolaArroyo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by NolaArroyo »

YouNeedToLogOut wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:00 am
NolaArroyo wrote:TL:DR on the twitter drama? I don't follow either of them on twitter. (Hilariously enough Gabi follows me)
I didn’t watch their celebrity video and I didn’t know who Normani or Dennis was before this but what I’ve gathered from their tweets is that people thought it was distasteful that they cast Dennis as Normani because there is an issue that black women are sometimes perceived as masculine for no apparent reason. So people are saying Niki and Gabi are encouraging and supporting this by casting Dennis as Normani. Their defence is that the only reason Dennis was Normani was that he is a huge fan. People are still mad though because they think they should have been more sensitive towards the issue and not cast Dennis as Normani even if their intentions weren’t malicious. Niki is replying to a lot of people and saying she was unaware of this but that she understands that isn’t an excuse and she is sorry for her ignorance and will try to do better in the future. Gabi hasn’t apologized and has just made a couple tweets defending herself by repeating that Dennis is a Normani fan.

Props to Niki for being mature about it.

Georgiagd13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Georgiagd13 »

LOVE that the twins are finally getting called out on their shit. Niki seems like shes actually mature for once about this and is owning her mistakes. Gabi on the other hand is playing innocent victim and replying to someone saying “its not that deep” she REALLY needs to just shut her mouth already. Shes really showing her ass
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NolaArroyo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by NolaArroyo »

Niki's really out here saying "Dennis came all the way from Virginia to Pennsylvania. Now I'm not too familiar with the east/midwest but those to states are really close. Maybe a ten hour drive tops depending on where you're coming from. It's not far.
Idk maybe that's nit-picky or I have no idea how long a "long" drive is since I used to travel everywhere by car.

Georgiagd13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Georgiagd13 »

Gabi is so damn sly as well. Whenever she fucks up she never apologizes and then proceeds to run away from the issue. And on top of that she has to go on and say that whatever situation is affecting her fragile mental health in a negative way. Amazing how she turns herself into the victim when shes actually toxic
She wants her fans to say “oh no gabi! You are a perfect angel who can do no wrong! Please dont leave social media, we all need you! Everyone stop bullying gabi right now!!! She has depression and anxiety!!!!!”
Rolling my fucking eyes
To quote ariana grande:
“Stop weaponizing mental health”
Gabi needs to follow that advice asap

flowersandcoffee
Learner
Learner

Post by flowersandcoffee »

This latest pushback on N&G’s newest celeb video only sheds further light on how sheltered the twins are. I can give props where credit is due and at least Niki seems to be trying to educate herself on why their video left such a bad taste in so many peoples mouths. Gabi just shuts down if people don’t agree or coddle her and it is absolute nuts. Also, simply tweeting that it “isn’t that deep” just shows complacency in a very real feeling many black women feel every single day. To me, Gabi has always given this insensitive vibe (someone actually posted a video a week or two back of Gabi and Collin chuckling over a black baby doll).
Simply put, if you know better, you do better. So far, only Niki is showing any remorse or learning for their video. They need to just take that shit down; it’s not like they haven’t taken a video down before

cupcake-bby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cupcake-bby »

Tbh as soon as i saw that guy was playing normani i thought it was fucking weird. I mean is it that hard to get a black girl to act in that series... You bet i would be offended if this happened to me. If some dude dressed up as me i'd be weirded out like tf. Doesn't matter if he's gay. Tbh i spent a moment trying to figure out if he was trans or something since he wears woman's crop tops, pants, hair pieces and makeup. I mean seriously it's as if they're saying a woman is interchangeable with a flamboyant gay guy.

debcnair
Informer
Informer

Post by debcnair »

i honestly allow you all to shit on me, but i literally laughed at this video lmaooo (though yes i am 1000% aware of the normani issue), maybe i'm acting up today. it was more of a cringe laugh than funny trust me.
i only lurk.

Strawberryjelly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Strawberryjelly »

Image she ain’t sorry for SHIT. It’s all damage control and this back handed apology is still up. They just want people to shut up and even tweeted a video of Dennis dancing right after when people called him out for not even following the artist tagging Normani to watch it after they portrayed her as a stereotypical angry, bitter and loud black woman.

randooooo
Talker
Talker

Post by randooooo »

I may sound a little ignorant here but honestly I barely knew who Normani was when I first watched the video and I must say I found Dennis quite funny. Now having read why casting him as a black woman was offensive I can see the bigger picture, but still he was the only entertaining character in the video to me and the rest was just annoying and bad.

Return to “Niki and Gabi”