#Gifted Shades of Grey: Lily Pebbles (part 11)

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#Gifted Shades of Grey: Lily Pebbles (part 11)

Post by Emmy25 »

I believe the thread name was hellohappiness' choice. Just correct me if I'm wrong. There were lots of good ideas.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: #Gifted Shades of Grey: Lily Pebbles (part 11)

Post by Emmy25 »

She really does think people are deeply invested in the minutae of her every minute with Grey. She wants praise for washing her hair and putting make up on. Grey is in the stage where she hasn't 'woken up' so God knows how she'll cope when Grey is more alert and Rich goes back to work. She'll probably move back in with her parents.

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

Thanks for the new thread!

I don't understand why Lily has to keep trying to keep it 'real' with us! Why could she just not have gone out today and say it went well and leave it at that? Instead she had to add that the baby cried on the way home and they were getting scared of nightime with her! Is she afraid we will think she has it all together or something, anyone who has had a child or even had to babysit one knows the story, for the most part your just winging it and hoping for the best! God it must be exhausting being inside Lilys head!

CofeeNgossip
Debater
Debater

Post by CofeeNgossip »

I actually feel a tiny bit sorry for Lily and her washing her hair, she clearly only washes it if she can do the whole straightening thing and she seems to rather have greasy hair than clean curly kinky hair (or whatever her hair is like). So much for self acceptance...

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

CofeeNgossip wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:13 pm
I actually feel a tiny bit sorry for Lily and her washing her hair, she clearly only washes it if she can do the whole straightening thing and she seems to rather have greasy hair than clean curly kinky hair (or whatever her hair is like). So much for self acceptance...
I guess when I think why can't she just wash her hair quickly in the shower I forget she wants to spend ages straightening it afterwards. Wasn't it last year she went on holiday with her family and let it dry naturally? I thought she was going to embrace it a bit more but she seemingly prefers to have greasy hair for a week. In the first few weeks with a newborn or when you are really unwell, after an operation for example, I think that having freshly washed hair makes you feel so much better.

Sounds like she's seen her family everyday even though Rich has very generous paternity leave. I wonder how much time they are spending with his parents?

Post by Guest »

^ We don't know for sure but I got the impression they only visit his parents a few times a year, maybe Rich goes more on his own idk. Suffolk isn't exactly down the road from them but it's a relatively quick drive.

rachiebean89
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by rachiebean89 »

I’ve just watched Anna’s recent vlog and noticed something interesting. The first 5 mins she’s talking how she had a feeling Lily was in labour but they had no WiFi/signal. Then when they got signal the first thing she saw was the picture of the baby. She said things like, “the baby is so cute”, “we FaceTimed Lily, Rich and the baby” THE baby. No mention of Grey - even though Lily announced straight away.

Maybe she can’t say the name with a straight face?! But she could say Fridge 🤣 seemed odd to me!

23sure

Post by 23sure »

Emmy25 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:24 pm
CofeeNgossip wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:13 pm
I guess when I think why can't she just wash her hair quickly in the shower I forget she wants to spend ages straightening it afterwards. Wasn't it last year she went on holiday with her family and let it dry naturally? I thought she was going to embrace it a bit more but she seemingly prefers to have greasy hair for a week. In the first few weeks with a newborn or when you are really unwell, after an operation for example, I think that having freshly washed hair makes you feel so much better.
Prefers having greasy hair for god knows how many days but gets beyond excited to put on make up :barf: :barf: #priorities

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

Imagine the smell of her scalp (and her pillow!) ackk :jd:

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

Keeping it real isn't tell us your baby cried all the way home. Guess what everyone knows babies can be good one minute and cry extensively the next minute.
I feel like she'll really struggle when Rich goes back to work and she has to do the simple journey of going to her parents on her own. Luna may cry in the car the whole way there and she'll be "keeping it real" telling us it was horrific.

no_strings
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by no_strings »

Following Ms. Hot Mess
Gurus are like that friend/partner/family member that you constantly walk on eggshells around, because they get offended at the drop of a hat. The ones you blink at funny and they never speak to you again :tu:

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

Tulips wrote: ^ We don't know for sure but I got the impression they only visit his parents a few times a year, maybe Rich goes more on his own idk. Suffolk isn't exactly down the road from them but it's a relatively quick drive.
Oh yeah, I forgot they are a couple of hours drive away. I know what her dad does for a living but does her mum work? I just can't imagine her coping day to day with the baby when Rich goes back to work without support from her mum and siblings.

Post by Guest »

Emmy25 wrote:
Tulips wrote: ^ We don't know for sure but I got the impression they only visit his parents a few times a year, maybe Rich goes more on his own idk. Suffolk isn't exactly down the road from them but it's a relatively quick drive.
Oh yeah, I forgot they are a couple of hours drive away. I know what her dad does for a living but does her mum work? I just can't imagine her coping day to day with the baby when Rich goes back to work without support from her mum and siblings.
This sounds a little judgemental of me but I assumed her mum was a wealthy lady of leisure ;) To be fair, I got the impression she looked after her other grandkids a lot of the time so I can see her being there to watch Lily's kid(s) too, not being that far away.

hellohappiness
Informer
Informer

Post by hellohappiness »

Following. Excited to have my thread name chosen, thanks guys :D

LydiaDeetzhat
Debater
Debater

Post by LydiaDeetzhat »

Emmy25 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:52 am
I believe the thread name was hellohappiness' choice. Just correct me if I'm wrong. There were lots of good ideas.
kudos on the thread name whoever :tu:

mp1416
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mp1416 »

Following

sandam
Learner
Learner

Post by sandam »

Emmy25 wrote:
I missed that, what does her father do?

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

sandam wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:24 pm
Emmy25 wrote:
I missed that, what does her father do?
Loads of companies but he is an accountant and founded talent management agencies. Looks like Lily's mum was involved in talent management as well
Don't know if she still is.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

The 'day 13' update :roll: Yes Lily, you have a normal healthy baby doing normal baby things. It's a good thing they have to mention gifted items but it makes every post that is meant to be heartfelt seem so tacky.

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

bitchesbelike wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:20 am
Keeping it real isn't tell us your baby cried all the way home. Guess what everyone knows babies can be good one minute and cry extensively the next minute.
I feel like she'll really struggle when Rich goes back to work and she has to do the simple journey of going to her parents on her own. Luna may cry in the car the whole way there and she'll be "keeping it real" telling us it was horrific.
Doesnt she live next door to her sister? Im sure she will pitch in and help out along with her mum when Rich goes back to work!

Return to “Lily Pebbles”