DowngradeDan&HerNewTattooedMan-ByeByeBohoByronBayBabe - Pt 38

shifty_armchair
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DowngradeDan&HerNewTattooedMan-ByeByeBohoByronBayBabe - Pt 38

Post by shifty_armchair »

More self absorbed drivel about a topic she knows nothing about because she is a liar. It’s incredible how she can’t frame the idea of getting better without relating it back to her. “I want you to do this FOR ME” - GTFO! mental health problems take more than a good lay to solve. Out of all the horrible things she does, pretending to be a champion of mental health issues is the worst

CalmYaFarm
Informer
Informer

Post by CalmYaFarm »

I’ve never suffered from any mental illness but I swear to god, reading ^ that horseshit from her surely wouldn’t help, right?

lizard_queen
Talker
Talker

Post by lizard_queen »

shifty_armchair wrote:More self absorbed drivel about a topic she knows nothing about because she is a liar. It’s incredible how she can’t frame the idea of getting better without relating it back to her. “I want you to do this FOR ME” - GTFO! mental health problems take more than a good lay to solve. Out of all the horrible things she does, pretending to be a champion of mental health issues is the worst

What the actual fuck did I just read. Stare into a mirror? That is hands down the worst advice I’ve ever heard. Put some links to suicide hotlines and helplines for the people who feel like they have no one to talk to. Don’t tell them to talk to a fucking mirror

“do this for me today”

fuck off

LolaRuby
Informer
Informer

Post by LolaRuby »

Honestly all her 'advice' is just a load of self-help clichés strung together and aren't helping anyone. SHE isn't helping anyone and is an absolute phony with all her 'positive, inspirational' musings because the truth is she hates herself hence the need to constantly adopt different personas and looks. She doesn't have the faintest idea what depression actually is and thinks just because she feels low sometimes she has clinical depression - if that were the case, we'd all have it. I've had times in my life where I have been so down and have stayed in bed for days but it's always been purely situational and temporary and I know for a fact it wasn't depression nor have I ever suffered from *true* depression. Like you've all said it's so very different to this almost romanticised picture she paints ("Just punch depression in the face / look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you're a warrior!") Whenever I watch her it's with morbid curiosity as it's soooo painfully obvious she has so many issues and could really benefit from actual psychological help. I seriously cannot comprehend how she has fans and manages to fool so many people with her façade. I wish she'd just disappear from the social media world instead of thinking she's somehow blessing us all with her countless self-obsessed posts, one-sided selfies and 'lYfe aDvicE' and just get on with her miserable life in private.

/rant

jwishy
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by jwishy »

I think she’s trying to go viral as some sort of ‘quirky mental health advocate’ as her plan to be besties with Zoella didn’t work out.

Her videos on YouTube used to get a million views, some of her recent videos have less than 100k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwishy
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by jwishy »

Danielle ‘hair curtains’ sutti from 2015

jwishy
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by jwishy »

jwishy wrote:Image

emre
Talker
Talker

Post by emre »

jwishy wrote:
jwishy wrote:Image

she was so beautiful back then
she ruined her face

Gesendet von meinem SM-A520F mit Tapatalk

Gossgrl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gossgrl »

lizard_queen wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:03 am
shifty_armchair wrote:More self absorbed drivel about a topic she knows nothing about because she is a liar. It’s incredible how she can’t frame the idea of getting better without relating it back to her. “I want you to do this FOR ME” - GTFO! mental health problems take more than a good lay to solve. Out of all the horrible things she does, pretending to be a champion of mental health issues is the worst

What the actual fuck did I just read. Stare into a mirror? That is hands down the worst advice I’ve ever heard. Put some links to suicide hotlines and helplines for the people who feel like they have no one to talk to. Don’t tell them to talk to a fucking mirror

“do this for me today”

fuck off
This advice only works if you have situational depression, and if the biggest source of that depression is being unhappy with your looks. If you have true body dysmorphia or chronic/major depression etc., looking into the mirror won't help you. Thinking hard about yourself won't help you, because the language you use toward yourself is the problem.

I have major depression, and if I were to think hard about myself and just be introspective, I'd think really awful things, because that's what I believe to be true about myself. I'm not able to be like "hey, you're not dumb, you got into a really good grad school" because my depression turns the narrative into "you got into a good school by accident and because people feel sorry for you." It's the very fact that I can't have a rational, reasonable self-perception and address things in a logical way that is indicative of my mental illness-- and I'm a really logical person (as in I've taught formal logic courses and stuff... not flexing, just saying that outward logic doesn't beget inward logic when you're mentally ill... that's the whole point, usually). When my BDD and bulimia was out of control, looking in the mirror would literally send me into a panic attack.

Plus, this is all pretty absurd coming from someone who put out that video saying that she doesn't consider herself mentally ill or having depression (or whatever the fuck she said) because she thinks she's "past that part of her life" (as if depression were curable) and wouldn't want mental illness to define her (as if there's anything wrong with feeling represented). She's only depressed when she's alone because she refuses to put in any actual work toward liking herself, outsourcing her dissatisfaction with her personality to her looks, controlling her weight instead of her attitude. If you're only depressed when you're not receiving male attention, you're not fucking depressed-- you might have a personality disorder, though, which is very valid.

She needs to talk to a fucking therapist

Pleiadian Starseed
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pleiadian Starseed »

So in her last vlog she let us into a secret about her having her period and now she has another secret to share in her post about depression and we must do this 'for her' lol She is so immature and talks absolute twaddle. "look into a mirror" WTF is that all about? Well, I guess for her that's what she spends a lot of time doing, looking into the mirror for the best angles and to make sure her hair curtains is in place. However she isn't facing the mirror when she does it, she does it from the side. :rofl: So she should have added that to her speech, that if you can't look into head-on like she can't then look into it from the side :rofl:

She is nuts, she needs help. I am hoping after her Mum or Dad saw her last vlog that they would see how serious this is. Her appearance is bad enough but her manic behaviour is so telling. Her parents have to be worried about her, she looks terrible, just a bag of bones. She has fine hair already, she'll start losing it if she continues, maybe that will be a wake up call as she won't be able to hide one side of her face if she has no hair.

FlowerChild77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FlowerChild77 »

Um...I can’t even imagine being those people she tagged in her stories lmao. She’s not in any of their photos, they all for the most part have a few thousand followers. Like???

PostAlone99
Informer
Informer

Post by PostAlone99 »

FlowerChild77 wrote:Um...I can’t even imagine being those people she tagged in her stories lmao. She’s not in any of their photos, they all for the most part have a few thousand followers. Like???
Anyone else notice she thanks Thomas Davenport?!?!? Like what???

brika
Talker
Talker

Post by brika »

Like all of you have said, it's all just a bunch of buzz words and phrases strung together to make a long paragraph. The only person or helps is Dani cos she feels like she's being deep and intellectual and spreading positivity into the world.

My partner, who has severe clinical depression, like to talk about Dani's advice and how bad it is for both the person with mental health and their supporter.

When she says things like "it will get better" "wait til you get out of the storm", it just puts a kind of timeframe on the recovery and like things are magically gonna get better by themselves. My partner says that this kind of advice just makes him feel like a failure cos it's been two years now and, even though he's managing his depression better, he still feels just as sad and depressed as before. To him, thinking about the future can feel bleak and hopeless and it's hard to believe "it will get better".

The ideal partner Dani likes to bang on about is just not realistic for anyone, especially someone who is with a person with mental illness. I can't love every facet of him because there's parts, he can't control, that are dark and painful. I can't always be there for him because I have to know my limits and caring for someone emotionally takes a toll.

Love and mental illness are the two things she loves to pretend she's an expert on but her outlook on both are so warped and don't seem to help anyone! I'm a "hating girl" because I think her advice is dangerous and unhelpful.

This is just my personal experience with her advice and ranting about it here was very therapeutic. Thanks to anyone who has managed to get this far. <3

Sent from my SM-A705YN using Tapatalk

ibeendrakein
Informer
Informer

Post by ibeendrakein »

can’t BELIEVE she’s calling her personal trainer she just met like a month ago her ‘nearest and closest’ friend. that’s mindblowing to me. that is soooo fucking sad, made me really realize that when y’all are saying she lives a sad lonely life you aren’t just being haters like.. that’s 100% the truth.

idk about y’all but i have a best friend i’ve known since 2ndgrade and i could never imagine calling someone i *JUST* met, who i pay to hang out with, my nearest and closest friend ..? like that actually made me sad for dani. that she really truly does have zero semi-close or long-term friendships in her life at the age of 24. that’s tough and would make anyone super depressed and anxious. being 24 years old and having no one you see regularly, have history with, have long term running inside jokes with, ect.

BUT then i don’t feel bad anymore because she self sabotaged all her friendships one by one and ruined them by her own selfish behavior and holier-than-thou attitude.

aus_gossipxo
Talker
Talker

Post by aus_gossipxo »

brika wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:58 pm
Like all of you have said, it's all just a bunch of buzz words and phrases strung together to make a long paragraph. The only person or helps is Dani cos she feels like she's being deep and intellectual and spreading positivity into the world.

My partner, who has severe clinical depression, like to talk about Dani's advice and how bad it is for both the person with mental health and their supporter.

When she says things like "it will get better" "wait til you get out of the storm", it just puts a kind of timeframe on the recovery and like things are magically gonna get better by themselves. My partner says that this kind of advice just makes him feel like a failure cos it's been two years now and, even though he's managing his depression better, he still feels just as sad and depressed as before. To him, thinking about the future can feel bleak and hopeless and it's hard to believe "it will get better".

The ideal partner Dani likes to bang on about is just not realistic for anyone, especially someone who is with a person with mental illness. I can't love every facet of him because there's parts, he can't control, that are dark and painful. I can't always be there for him because I have to know my limits and caring for someone emotionally takes a toll.

Love and mental illness are the two things she loves to pretend she's an expert on but her outlook on both are so warped and don't seem to help anyone! I'm a "hating girl" because I think her advice is dangerous and unhelpful.

This is just my personal experience with her advice and ranting about it here was very therapeutic. Thanks to anyone who has managed to get this far. <3

100% agree with you and thank you for sharing :love2: I've suffered from clinical depression since my teens and Dani's "wise words" always rub me the wrong way. Some days are way worse than others, and sadly for most of us the "storm" doesn't have an end, you just learn how to manage and cope with it. I also don't like the attitude that your partner is responsible for your mental health. It's a very immature view of relationships. Supporting them is one thing but expecting some to be solely responsible for your well-being and completely adore every tiny part of you, that's too much to put onto someone and unrealistic. No wonder her relationships don't seem to last very long.

Her recent post, she also says that sometimes you run out of people to turn to - hasn't she tried to seek professional help? I hate that she views herself as an authority figure on mental health because she just sounds like a narcissist who's always sad about something and expects everyone to revolve their lives around her. People like that are fucking exhausting.

brika
Talker
Talker

Post by brika »

aus_gossipxo wrote:
brika wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:58 pm

100% agree with you and thank you for sharing :love2: I've suffered from clinical depression since my teens and Dani's "wise words" always rub me the wrong way. Some days are way worse than others, and sadly for most of us the "storm" doesn't have an end, you just learn how to manage and cope with it. I also don't like the attitude that your partner is responsible for your mental health. It's a very immature view of relationships. Supporting them is one thing but expecting some to be solely responsible for your well-being and completely adore every tiny part of you, that's too much to put onto someone and unrealistic. No wonder her relationships don't seem to last very long.

Her recent post, she also says that sometimes you run out of people to turn to - hasn't she tried to seek professional help? I hate that she views herself as an authority figure on mental health because she just sounds like a narcissist who's always sad about something and expects everyone to revolve their lives around her. People like that are fucking exhausting.
:love2: :love2: :love2:

Her words just feel so empty and hollow. Even now, sharing our personal struggles makes me feel so much better and less alone than any of her "advice" has. It feels like we're taking as equals. Whereas, since Dani talks with such authority, it's like she's the guru and everyone else is her disciple.

hisshissbich
Informer
Informer

Post by hisshissbich »

We need a new thread for Dan Man! Leave some title suggestions and I will get a new one up soon! You know the drill, "thanks" the ones you like the best!

jackfmjackfm
Learner
Learner

Post by jackfmjackfm »

Desperelle Flatsutti - One angle, multiple personalities

ibeendrakein
Informer
Informer