KathLameLights: Too Lazy to make Excuses -Part 11

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: KathLameLights: Too Lazy to make Excuses -Part 11

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

Exactly ^ i'm a white Cuban with Spanish ancestors born in the united states just like Kathleen

dreadful darling
Talker
Talker

Post by dreadful darling »

she's a white Cuban. most Cubans who ended up in the US were the super privileged ones who fled under Castro's regime because he wouldn't let them keep their exploitative businesses and are now staunchly conservative

anythingforviews
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by anythingforviews »

Most of being friends seem to be white Latinos. It is definitely possible to incorporate more Afro Latinas and non white POC into your brand! Her friend Gabby (Alamar Cosmetics) honestly does a pretty good job with inclusivity in her products and marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Did you see her valentine's (gal-entines) tiktok :roll: CRINGE af!!!!!!

https://www.tiktok.com/@kathleenlights/ ... _webapp=v2

i'm not body shaming but why are all her friends so BIG? I don't mean a quarantine 15 I'm talking unhealthily overweight. At least Kat keeps slim and works out. I wonder what she eats though? If its enough and healthy? Especially since she consumes so much alcohol.. :?

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

:lol: reppin' colourpop again.. is she reading here?

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

How is Kathleen’s empire doing these days? I had forgotten about her. No knock on Kathleen. I had pretty much forgotten
about everybody who wasn’t very problematic. Which is a good thing. :lolly:

Armywife1508
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Armywife1508 »

The invisible CP blush that she had to reapply over and over to get any color payoff, then she blamed the sponge. So obvious she gets paid to advertise for them.
Typo’s Happen :tu:

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Armywife1508 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:29 pm
The invisible CP blush that she had to reapply over and over to get any color payoff, then she blamed the sponge. So obvious she gets paid to advertise for them.
But then she applied too much :lol: :bozo: :tyvm:

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Definitely too much blush going on in that screenshot.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Is anyone actively buying her polish? She keep pushing it like nobody wants it..

snarkybebe_43
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by snarkybebe_43 »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:57 am
Is anyone actively buying her polish? She keep pushing it like nobody wants it..
I've bought from lights lacquer before. I have a few favorite polishes from there, specifically Rosie and Mia, but I will say they don't hold up to KL polish. Those were so much better. The creams for Lights Lacquer are much better than the Holos, which are so chunky and often unusable. Her new brand also has a ton of issues regarding shipping ($6 minimum for shipping, no matter how much you order) and quality control, overpriced limited edition packaging etc. Tbh I think she really could benefit from an outside investor to handle the nitty gritty business stuff. Some of the mistakes lights lacquer has made thus far, like selling an $85 dollar advent calendar of 7 mini polishes, could've been avoided if she had maybe someone more in tune with marketing who would've caught that most people aren't willing to spend that much essentially for a fancy custom box that will end up in a landfill anyway. I dunno, a lot of mistakes like that could be avoided if Kathleen had a qualified professional to help.

In terms of the recent shipping troubles, the Lights Lacquer orders were mailed out in shiny bubble mailers that the shipping label didn't adhere to, leading to a ton of lost or mismatched packages. I'm in the lights lacquer Facebook group because im a creep and like to lurk, and people reported that their shipping labels got stuck onto other people's packages so they ended up getting a random person's medication instead, or their important documents. It's a mess, and lights lacquer was hesitant to refund / reship the messed up orders. From what I've read and experienced I can't recommend that people buy from her.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I don’t know. I haven’t noticed anyone I follow buying it lately.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

snarkybebe_43 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:39 pm
I've bought .........if she had maybe someone more in tune with marketing who would've caught that most people aren't willing to spend that much essentially for a fancy custom box that will end up in a landfill anyway. I dunno, a lot of mistakes like that could be avoided if Kathleen had a qualified professional to help.

In terms of the recent shipping troubles, the Lights Lacquer orders were mailed out in shiny bubble mailers that the shipping label didn't adhere to, leading to a ton of lost or mismatched packages. I'm in the lights lacquer Facebook group because im a creep and like to lurk, and people reported that their shipping labels got stuck onto other people's packages so they ended up getting a random person's medication instead, or their important documents. It's a mess, and lights lacquer was hesitant to refund / reship the messed up orders. From what I've read and experienced I can't recommend that people buy from her.

It sounds like they need some help with the business. Thanks for posting. This explains so much. :big<3:

snarkybebe_43
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by snarkybebe_43 »

tar wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:46 pm

It sounds like they need some help with the business. Thanks for posting. This explains so much. :big<3:
no problem! yeah it seems Kathleen has a handle on the creative things (mostly, I still think she picks really ugly colors for collections and ignores the requests of her customers for more pinks, not putting a blue in every single collection etc) and the business aspect is just a mess. I know she's very opposed to bringing in outside help because she doesn't trust others after what happened with KL polish but I genuinely don't see the brand sticking around if she doesn't bring in someone more qualified.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

My cousin purchased a holo from her for her Halloween costume (one of those protozoa colors) and it chipped terribly on her the DAY AFTER she applied it... :( also her colors are just repeats of KL Polish (which were all just spot on dupes of all her previous big box name brands.. OPI, essie, sally hansen, etc.) nothing original. I'd have a ball if I could own and create my own polish colors. You can bet they would all be unique and fun (yet appealing) and quality.

And, she should really look into combining shipping for 2 bottles or more.. considering the formula is so shit.. :?

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore »

Raven_nevermore wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:34 am
Why does she pick the ugliest colors!!! Damn wtf! That pink? Hideous that vomit mustard? Why doesn’t she give people what they want and not what she thinks looks good for a room decoration. Still no light pink, lavender, lilac, periwinkle etc
Looks like she read my comment! A collection with light pink, lilac and pastels haha

nattydread

Post by nattydread »

Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:41 am
:lol: reppin' colourpop again.. is she reading here?

I CANNOT stand it when she does that open mouth thing when she puts on makeup....close your damn mouth. Kathleen!!!

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ALL this girl does is drink and/or create situations to drink.. :roll: also her 'style' sense is HIDEOUS! :shock:

Armywife1508
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Armywife1508 »

Well ,she certainly doesn’t make time to make new videos.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

exactly ^^ her views are abysmal per her subscriber count :?

Return to “KathleenLights”