Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jenna's Nursery for Plants and Manchildren - Part 9

Post by SuperchicDeadpool »

Teacup30 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:23 am
rudebintch wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:20 am
them play Life Is Strange 2 and Julien making dumb jokes and then apologizing after Jenna gave him her disapproving mother look, although this time it wasn't as filled with tension as it was then.
I don't even get what the big deal was. I'd make a joke like that in front of my kids! Shes gone very prudish.
And before that when they were playing the first Life Is Strange, Jenna was making explicit jokes about Joyce.

I believe Jenna feels embarrassed by her past self taking the sexual stuff "too far" and is crawfishing hard in the opposite direction as if the two will cancel each other out.
"I have so many gooooaaals but my drunkenness gets in the way of them!" - Hannah Hart <3

StasiaPrincess0
Debater
Debater

Post by StasiaPrincess0 »

goldengossiper wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:21 am
My gripe with the video is that they spent 75% of it in a tent. Also lmao at “75 degrees is cold”. I’d hate to live somewhere where that is the low temperature. Maybe I just prefer cooler weather, but anything beyond that is uncomfortably hot to me.

Also why is Bunny always panting? Isn’t that a sign that a dog is stressed?
My aunt lives in Jamaica and she’d die if she heard you say that. She thinks 75 sounds freezing. Lmao I tell her I prefer 70 degree days b

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

Heyholetsgo wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:08 am
I must say... i dont like bunny. Jennas connection to her just doesnt feel healthy. From one crazy dog lady to another. The way they celeberate every little thing she does... "oh my god you sat in the car? Its a miracle"... the way she comes above every other dog now, this isnt a healthy bond. And Julian is feeding into it and enabling her. Jennas videos have gotten so depressing im not sure i wanna watch them anymore
That type of "everything is an accomplishment" behavior is very much what mothers do with their babies. My theory is, since we know Jenna has been wanting marriage/kids for awhile now and has hinted at it in the past, but it still hasn't happened, she got Bunny as a temporary baby that she can smother and treat as such.

It's creepy, really. I understand that dogs are family too but what Jenna does is taking it too far lol..

GuruWannabe
Debater
Debater

Post by GuruWannabe »

goldengossiper wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:21 am
My gripe with the video is that they spent 75% of it in a tent. Also lmao at “75 degrees is cold”. I’d hate to live somewhere where that is the low temperature. Maybe I just prefer cooler weather, but anything beyond that is uncomfortably hot to me.

Also why is Bunny always panting? Isn’t that a sign that a dog is stressed?
Yes panting can 100% be a sign of a stressed dog. I also rescued a dog who was very stressed and the advice I got was that when she is panting or whining to ignore it because as soon as you coddle or try to comfort them it is reinforcing that they SHOULD be nervous. Trust me it was very hard for me to ignore my dog's whining during thunderstorms and new environments but I have had her for about 4 years and she now sleeps through thunderstorms and goes to her crate when things are over whelming. Kermit is a great example of what happens when a dog gets coddled in those situations. They can joke all they want about him being a "nasty boi" but he is just a sad case of a poorly trained dog.

Jenna is creating a very codependent relationship with all her dogs and it is unhealthy for both her and the dogs.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

I like Jenna and Julien for the most part but their recent content has me annoyed! Firstly, Jenna has started talking in an abnormal way, the heavy childlike sarcastic tone is overdone at this point. Not everything that comes out her mouth is funny.

Second, I don’t like Bunny. I never thought I’d say that about a dog. Bunny doesn’t seem affectionate towards them even after receiving so much love in return, she seems aloof all the time. I’ve never seen Bunny run up to J or J, or give them kisses, or try getting their attention. She’s almost always trying to escape. I get it that her past was rough but tortured street dogs show more love than Bunny has to her owners. Their dynamic is extremely strange, every little thing she does shouldn’t be equated to progress per say. I can feel even J & J are stressed.

Heyholetsgo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Heyholetsgo »

tkadvil wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:09 pm
Heyholetsgo wrote:
I must say... i dont like bunny. Jennas connection to her just doesnt feel healthy. From one crazy dog lady to another. The way they celeberate every little thing she does... "oh my god you sat in the car? Its a miracle"... the way she comes above every other dog now, this isnt a healthy bond. And Julian is feeding into it and enabling her. Jennas videos have gotten so depressing im not sure i wanna watch them anymore
That type of "everything is an accomplishment" behavior is very much what mothers do with their babies. My theory is, since we know Jenna has been wanting marriage/kids for awhile now and has hinted at it in the past, but it still hasn't happened, she got Bunny as a temporary baby that she can smother and treat as such.

It's creepy, really. I understand that dogs are family too but what Jenna does is taking it too far lol..
I personally did thar. I ended up with two dogs and a cat because we adopted a pet every time i got baby fever. I feel like jenna, with her too much gene, is past that. I feel like if she had gotten a dog who wasnt this damaged and scared, she wouldnt be all over it this much. She loves bunny because bunny NEEDS attention and it satisfies her need to be needed. I really dislike Julian. I feel like if he wasnt such a big part of her youtube channel and fandom, she would have broken up with him by now
Gossiping doesn't make you a cunt, being a cunt makes you a cunt.

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

Heyholetsgo wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:36 pm
tkadvil wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:09 pm
Heyholetsgo wrote:

I personally did thar. I ended up with two dogs and a cat because we adopted a pet every time i got baby fever. I feel like jenna, with her too much gene, is past that. I feel like if she had gotten a dog who wasnt this damaged and scared, she wouldnt be all over it this much. She loves bunny because bunny NEEDS attention and it satisfies her need to be needed. I really dislike Julian. I feel like if he wasnt such a big part of her youtube channel and fandom, she would have broken up with him by now
Hmm I would agree with that, but Jenna also babied the other dogs as well before Bunny. Coddling them, the unhealthy and weird talking/celebrating, really just.. treating them like infants. But a damaged and scared dog does need a LOT more affection and attention so that could still be true

ezyeez1
Debater
Debater

Post by ezyeez1 »

Does anyone remember what video (or podcast or something) it was where Jenna uses her baby voice when talking to a person she's interviewing or being interviewed by and the guy doesn't get it and he's just like what the fuck and doesn't find the baby voice funny and its just awkward?

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

ezyeez1 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:46 pm
Does anyone remember what video (or podcast or something) it was where Jenna uses her baby voice when talking to a person she's interviewing or being interviewed by and the guy doesn't get it and he's just like what the fuck and doesn't find the baby voice funny and its just awkward?
I don't but I sure hope someone links it because that sounds hilarious :D

Post by Guest »

ezyeez1 wrote:
Is it this one? Time stamp 10:05

Also " I heard of Jenna Marbles before YouTube star/blogger never heard of Julien".
Julien "it's ok I'm used to it at this point".
Yikes! How embarrassing for him. It's been a year and half since that podcast and it's still true that some people still only know him as Jenna's boyfriend.

Post by Guest »

Actually now that I'm thinking about it. It may have occurred during their interview with H3H3.

escargot123
Informer
Informer

Post by escargot123 »

So let me get it straight... They brought their most nervous and neurotic dog to make Bunny more confident? They said he’s confident and happy around the ocean, but he looked the most scared and uncomfortable. With all the babying and celebrating every little thing I’m worried that she’ll turn into Kermit 2.0 which would be horrifying giving her size.

And the thicc joke is not even that sexual (or maybe I’m just that desensitized towards it), so it definitely felt like Jenna is overreacting. Did she become that prude or is it just a shtick that Julien has to make uncomfortable/mature jokes that make her upset? If she really thought it’s not “family friendly”, she wouldn’t leave it in the final cut.

Overall between the shaky camera work and spending over half of the footage in the tent, this video gave me claustrophobia. And it seemed more like a video for a vlog channel and not like something you’d be excited to get after a week of waiting. Next time they should just set up a tent in front on green screen, edit in any background and it will still feel the same.

On the side note, I just noticed that Peach lost a lot of weight and is looking much better now. Glad that their new feeding routine is still working for them.
糞食らえ

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

She was super cringey in the James Charles does my makeup video.

Tarzzyk
Informer
Informer

Post by Tarzzyk »

Grockpot_Gorl wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:56 pm
ezyeez1 wrote:
I don't but I sure hope someone links it because that sounds hilarious :D
I know in the scott regowsky one he comments on her voice and she changes back to her normal voice after lol

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

She's just painfully awkward around other people now and it's hard to watch.
Anthony Padilla is wanting to do another "I spend a day with legendary youtubers" and he asked his fans who he should interview, and a tonnnn of comments are saying Jenna. I doubt she'll actually do it. She's too tired from being home all the time and having to change clothes.

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

So I just found this and my skin is crawling. She knows! She knows she sounds like an idiot.. since 2014! .. And refuses to change.

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

Broodwich wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:32 pm
So I just found this and my skin is crawling. She knows! She knows she sounds like an idiot.. since 2014! .. And refuses to change.
Did she ever do that baby voice shit before Julien?

Wanna_see_posts
Talker
Talker

Post by Wanna_see_posts »

I never really liked bunny either, she just doesn't seem to fit with them at all, I thought maybe after time I would get used to it but the way they draw so much attention to her in every single video is very annoying. We get it, you have a dog, great. I dunno, I almost keep expecting it to go back to how it was before, like waiting for her to leave again but I don't think that's gonna happen, its mean on my part I know but I think because I have a different 'relationship' (I'm aware they're strangers' dogs lol) with marbles and Kermit you know they're a part of the family but bunny doesn't feel like it to me. I will say however, seeing her nervously struggle to walk up the stairs but doing it anyway did make me a bit soft inside, I'm glad an animal like her is beginning to enjoy life a bit more

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

Bunny just doesn't seem to have a personality.
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

Their dogs seem off in general. Peach is the doggiest dog they have and the rest are like aliens/robots disguised as dogs. It's probably a sign of them being terrible dog owners and not training their dogs properly lmao.

Return to “JennaMarbles”