With Love, Leena

Pedantic1157
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: With Love, Leena

Post by Pedantic1157 »

I think she is trying to give herself some grace because her post with her holding his hand appears that she is directly blaming herself for his death. She is not responsible for it and I think her stories update is her trying to make herself believe she is not responsible. Also, the pool was a community pool. It is gated. You can see that from other posts/updates from Marah and her sister in law. The family’s house backs up to the pool/recreation area. You can see it from their yard. The news video I saw of a possible drowning in Lindale was of a news crew on the scene at night. For all we know everyone was inside the house and Jude decided to go back to the pool and by the time they realized he wasn’t in the house it was too late. Parents do not know where their kids are in the house at every moment of the day and night, especially when there are guests over. All I know is everyone in that family will live with some form of could have/should have for the rest of their lives. And that’s including Omar because he will think of only he had been there he would have noticed something sooner. And that’s an additional pain point between him and Leena, because consciously or not, he will blame Leena for them not going if she was the one who said she didn’t want to go. And I remember that day she posted a story about being at her mom’s house because she had a rough night bc Alaina didn’t sleep.

PastelQueen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PastelQueen »

"All I know is everyone in that family will live with some form of could have/should have for the rest of their lives."

This. As I mentioned earlier, I had friends (they moved away years ago) who had this happen in their family. It nearly destroyed their marriage. There is nothing anyone can say or do to make them all feel any worse than they already do. And I agree that life has to go on but good grief it hasn't even been a week - I hate that people feel obligated to update on social media. Disappear for a month, people would understand.

"Parents do not know where their kids are in the house at every moment of the day and night, especially when there are guests over."

And this is why Leena and Omar's ridiculously ginormous house is wildly concerning for Alaina and any future kids, particularly if they go ahead with the plans for a pool.

Socanx27
Informer
Informer

Post by Socanx27 »

Marah's words just feel like they are for a specific audience, like she's trying to protect their family from blame. I wonder if family friends have made comments about how they should've been more careful. Anyway, if it was meant to be, nothing could've prevented this and I hope they eventually find peace. The updates on social media are unnecessary and too soon imo, but maybe that's their way of coping. It just feels rushed. I wonder if Leena will post about Alaina's birthday tomorrow.

PastelQueen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PastelQueen »

Leena and Omar posted a reel on IG talking in their car. You can tell Leena has been crying a lot. They said they appreciate the support and prayers they've gotten and they're hoping to start a charity drive in Jude's name.

The thing that really stood out to me is that Leena said, and I quote..."Social media is just...so stupid...but it's my job."

Girlfriend, you made that bed up years ago with coordinating neutral bedding. Now you have to lie in it. You had a fulfilling career helping people as a nurse, and you chose to quit to play dress up and shill fast fashion. You could walk away any time you wanted to - there are hundreds of other "influencers" out there just waiting to replace you. No one would bat an eye. It's your life, you've made your choices. Live with them or change.

starlight7
Informer
Informer

Post by starlight7 »

If he really snuck out at night by himself and was able to get to the pool there could be a lawsuit.

Not related but when googling I found that Omar's brother (Jude's father) has won a discrimination lawsuit in the past
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/hallibu ... on-2113950

Pedantic1157
Learner
Learner

Post by Pedantic1157 »

They are not on the same page at all. Omar was thanking everyone for their prayers and kind words and leena mentioned returning to normal at least twice and justified her future actions of returning so quickly by saying it’s her job.

Socanx27
Informer
Informer

Post by Socanx27 »

starlight7 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:40 pm
If he really snuck out at night by himself and was able to get to the pool there could be a lawsuit.

Not related but when googling I found that Omar's brother (Jude's father) has won a discrimination lawsuit in the past
On what basis could they win a lawsuit? I thought this happened at his birthday party during the day so his family was around?

PastelQueen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PastelQueen »

The thing is, it's his job too. Again, his choice to leave nursing to follow his wife around with a camera.

They sold their souls for money to buy designer shoes and purses, and pilot lessons, and a giant house. Hope it all makes them feel warm and fuzzy.

This is the kind of tragedy that often makes people do a 180 and completely change their lives, usually for the better in the long run. But they won't. They're in too deep.

Socanx27
Informer
Informer

Post by Socanx27 »

So you do realize how vapid your job is but continue to exploit young girls and give more money to corporations so you can pursue more material success? We can all see nothing else matters to you Leena.

starlight7
Informer
Informer

Post by starlight7 »

Socanx27 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:51 pm
starlight7 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:40 pm

On what basis could they win a lawsuit? I thought this happened at his birthday party during the day so his family was around?
If it's a community pool I assume there's safety standards. It was fenced in, maybe the gate hast to be locked at certain hours (assuming this happened at night while they were in the house and he snuck out). If it was during the day and they failed to supervise him the parents could be charged.

Socanx27
Informer
Informer

Post by Socanx27 »

starlight7 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:02 pm
Socanx27 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:51 pm

If it's a community pool I assume there's safety standards. It was fenced in, maybe the gate hast to be locked at certain hours (assuming this happened at night while they were in the house and he snuck out). If it was during the day and they failed to supervise him the parents could be charged.

Oh man. I hope it doesn't come to that.

strangegirl_58
Informer
Informer

Post by strangegirl_58 »

Leena is so distraught she comes on with a face full of makeup, even in death and grief glam comes first

Her voice is so patronising, she had that tone when she recorded a video with her father on Palestine

starlight7
Informer
Informer

Post by starlight7 »

strangegirl_58 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:23 pm
Leena is so distraught she comes on with a face full of makeup, even in death and grief glam comes first

Her voice is so patronising, she had that tone when she recorded a video with her father on Palestine
This might sound bad but to me it looks like she left her eye make up off (including under-eye concealer) on purpose to look sadder. She has make up on her lower face. Everything with her is so calculated.

mimioutt
Learner
Learner

Post by mimioutt »

The lawsuit has nothing to do with this. Looks like it was a discrimination case years ago. isA his parents find ease.

Agree on the makeup and calculation. This is millions of dollars a year we are talking about. This won’t stop the grind for more.

allforthegram
Informer
Informer

Post by allforthegram »

I hope Leena's agent gives her a stern warning about calling social media dumb and stupid. If all of her followers take note and unfollow her she'll be facing bankruptcy.
Omar really came across a real simp in that video. He's keen not to diss SM as he has a much easier job travelling and editing videos than saving lives in ICU. I'm shocked about both him and Marah talking about getting back to normality when this tragedy happened less than a week ago. I wonder how their brother and SIL feel about that.

AsiaB
Talker
Talker

Post by AsiaB »

I don't often comment on here but I came across Leena's reel where she says "It's so hard to figure out how to get back to "normal"".

It hasn't even been a week since the poor child passed and she's already thinking about "figuring out how to get back to normal".

This is not the behaviour of someone who is grieving. When I lost an immediate family member rather suddenly 6 months ago, I wasn't nowhere near thinking about how to get back to "normal" (and I have a full time 9-5 with various responsibilities). I remember being in such a haze and completely disconnected from reality, the last thing on my mind was getting back to "normal" and making posts on social media. I shut down my social media right after and stayed away completely.

They shouldn't be posting at all for at least a few weeks. I understand SM is their income, but they have enough money and family support to stay away for a few weeks.

mimioutt
Learner
Learner

Post by mimioutt »

Interesting how both Leena Amanda mention how social media is dumb or small in comparison

Like what?? a kid died, why in the world you talking about social media?!?!

2nd_toshiko
Lurker
Lurker

Post by 2nd_toshiko »

Tbh this whole ‘social media is dumb but it’s my job’ feels like a line they’ve both been fed by their agents or something, so perhaps people come less at them when they do start posting their usual stuff on SM. The fact that they both used the same wording makes me think that even more. Even in the event of such a sudden and heart breaking event in the family, they’re all still thinking about SM, which really tells you their priorities, I think. I honestly don’t know how they’re thinking this straight less than a week after something like this. I’ve been through lesser tragic events and found myself totally numb and uncaring about my job etc for much longer than this. I know grief isn’t the same for everyone, but this doesn’t feel respectful.

Ria07
Learner
Learner

Post by Ria07 »

Of course their social media is dumb. It’s dumb bc they have no purpose, all they use SM for is to sell people things and show us their clean healthy diets. They gave up their professions to be content creators bc they make way more money. They live to create content. They go on vacation to take pictures and create TikToks.

It’s incredible that this tragic event hasn’t changed them for the better. Instead of worrying about creating content they should cherish their privilege and spend meaningful time with their loved ones. They’re still thinking about selling shit and making money. Instead of taking a break and re evaluating their lives.

allforthegram
Informer
Informer

Post by allforthegram »

So clearly they've been getting a lot of criticism (and perhaps read on here) and called a meeting together to draft an IG story. It would have seemed much more sincere if they weren't almost identical wording.
I'm actually really annoyed by the dumb description. If they think their content is dumb then they must think their viewers are even dumber to like it. Also girls, have a bit of self respect! You have real careers but chose a "dumb" option just because it pays more? I really hope their subscribers will pick up on this.

Return to “The Asad Sisters”