Waste Cash With Stella: Part 2 (Fly With Stella)

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Waste Cash With Stella: Part 2 (Fly With Stella)

Post by koalah »

Presence wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:19 am
lawlipop wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:41 am
Being furloughed sucks but let's be honest...she barely flew. I doubt she took anywhere close to the load other FAs were taking, even pre-corona. Flying became just a "oh, maybe I'll pick up a trip" kinda thing as opposed to aggressively picking up trips to make money (like a real job).
That's true.

In her video, didn't she say that she was furloughed because she was still a junior FA due to not having enough hours? I'm too lazy to go back and listen. But after I watched the video I thought, she has barely worked in the past 2-3 years (since her marriage). If she had treated this like a job, maybe she would have accumulating enough hours to have kept her job.
Kat (Nesbit) explained it better in about 2 minutes into her own video, anyone hired around 2013 onwards would basically be furloughed. I might have misheard the year as I watched all their furlough vids at 2x speed at like 1am last night. Kat said she was hired in 2018. Furloughed - Stella, Kat, Jet Julia, Kacey (based on IG post) and probably Carrie Ann (vid was 1 week ago so clickbaity not actual day one?). Also Jenny Ernst that just returned and completed her training to come back to be an FA, which sucks even more. Stella was the most senior of all the FA YTbers on the list.

It's awful that it's happening to all these FAs, and a whole bunch of people in other industries but honestly for Stella she doesn't have to worry much. She never had to worry month to month or struggle like most junior FAs. At least they do get to keep their benefits, technically they are like 'retired' airline employees and can get discounted flights. And they will be re-hired eventually just not sure when. For someone like Stella that's no issue, unless Covid impacts Bart's job as well (won't be surprised if so).

I'm shocked she mentioned how that furniture store (that Bart said she could work at since she spends so much there) is so close by so people can pinpoint her neighborhood basically. Wonder how much their place cost. Is it very central for DC? Have no idea about DC properties.

Elora
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Elora »

Again I have no idea what did Bart find in Stella, she is a liability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Just watched Carrie Ann's furlough video.

I hope to God she doesn't decide her next career isn't going to be "social media influencer". She said she's going to make YT her full-time job. I don't know how that's going to possible. What does she have to offer beyond FA content? Makeup tutorials? Sephora hauls?

I don't know much about the other FA's but both Carrie Ann and Stella are lucky to have so much support. I truly feel bad for those FAs who have no idea how they're going to be paying their rent come October.

Elora
Learner
Learner

Post by Elora »

Have they ever addressed the fact they are childfree, just curious? Aren’t they both in their late 30s? I have nothing against it, just wondering

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Elora wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:57 am
Have they ever addressed the fact they are childfree
In various Q&A videos, people always ask if they are going to have kids. Stella always says she wants them, but doesn't know when, or if, they will have kids.

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

Presence wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:25 am
Just watched Carrie Ann's furlough video.

I hope to God she doesn't decide her next career isn't going to be "social media influencer". She said she's going to make YT her full-time job. I don't know how that's going to possible. What does she have to offer beyond FA content? Makeup tutorials? Sephora hauls?

I don't know much about the other FA's but both Carrie Ann and Stella are lucky to have so much support. I truly feel bad for those FAs who have no idea how they're going to be paying their rent come October.
Watched Carrie Ann’s too cause i was curious after you mentioned it. She had to put “no clickbait” in the title lol

People do request her makeup looks. It is so unbelievable to me. She has not toned it down after joining AA from a smaller one a few years ago - it lasted oh a few weeks after training, if that. It’s not up to their standards but they don’t seem to enforce it much. Like Stella’s famous messy bun.

This might be mean but the one upside to the furloughs is that we don't have to see Kat & Julia in their provocative bikini coming out of water poses as thumbnails on their vlogs. They were really ramping those up lately. It gets views, i get it but ugh so icky.

iloveyouxox
Talker
Talker

Post by iloveyouxox »

I watch all of those mentioned above and it seems like Julia was the most sad/emotional about it because she truly loves her job. The others seem iffy/ at least Kat has been preparing for it.

In my mind, wouldn't it make sense to keep the junior FAs who cost the less and actually fly the most, where as anyone before 2013 has been used to having a line and not being on reserve as much. That's just my two cents though.

lawlipop
Debater
Debater

Post by lawlipop »

Happy_one wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:02 pm
Elora wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:35 pm
Again I have no idea what did Bart find in Stella, she is a liability Image

LMAO, I don't how much money Bart Makes but Damn. It sounds like he's a baller.
He's employed by the government and in something military-related or something. Has been many years. I forgot...I snooped his LinkedIn a while back. But guaranteed good income and benefits. I don't think he'd be laid off.

I also wonder what the heck he sees in Stella. If I were someone working hard and going overseas on/off for my job, I'd want someone who's just as motivated and driven. Granted an FA is a fast-paced, fast-moving job, but Stella def slowed down her pace once they moved in together. And her vlogs just show her mindless life (see here: lavish spending) in a greater light. We're not ones to judge their real relationship, but it seems to me Bart may be borderline sugar daddy material -- he just wants your company when you can be there, and he'll provide for you financially. Terrible thing to compare to, but it's just what I see. Didn't Stella and Bart both meet off Tinder or something too?

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

JFC.

Can you imagine Stella being a pilot?

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

Presence wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:05 pm
JFC.

Can you imagine Stella being a pilot?
No. I had to fast fwd some parts. Her temperament, just not possible. She was such a child.

Anyone know what the “FA drama on youtube” some of them are referencing? I watched TrolleyYyDolly/Lindsay’s vlog and she was being infuriatingly vague. A comment in her vid said LifeByy-Francesco mentioned it too. Watched his latest too .. but can’t seem to see anything? Thought i watched enough FA vloggers as it is, but none seem to have posted anything controversial.

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

New Stella vlog. Another couch which she will return. It feels kinda gross how she tries so many different pieces of furniture then returns them after using it, even for a bit but they're eating on it and Frannie is all over it - leather & his lil paws/nails. Sure she’s buying what i presume is high end furniture not IKEA so they cater her whims, but it feels wrong to me.

Different coffee table that is so fug but she’s obsessed with it cause it’s made by a HGTV personality. Like wtf it’s so stumpy, doesn't fit the space in any way and seems like Bart would run into it all the time.

I feel like she goes to the store and gets carried away being Stella, going for whats trendy or what the SA tells her without thinking of how it would work in her own home. She is such a space cadet. Why not pay for an interior designer, they surely could afford one.

Then Bart comes home and they have to rush out cause the dry cleaners close in 2 minutes. She's home all day! I had to stop the vlog at that point. It’s not cause she’s the woman and must take care of things, but it makes sense if 1 spouse/partner is at home mostly they need to take care of things like that. If they could get to it in minutes it was close by too and she couldn't even do that?! I bet those were his last clothes to get clean so he is running out of stuff to wear to work. Super last minute stuff, typical Stella. Remember the 10pm-midnight laundry runs in NY after Bart’s long day at work?

I think this is why she is afraid to be a YTber fulltime. People got really turned off by her behavior on her normal days not flying cause she’s super lazy, always late and all that’s just not cute for an almost 40yo woman.

Oh she’s also in a sports bra in the thumbnail. Trying to get views ala bikini Julia & Kat?

Post by Guest »

Not liking the new couch. It has no legs. And it’s too small for them. They spend a lot of time relaxing, eating, and watching tv so it needs to be bigger and substantial. I hate the look of those power reclining sectionals—but honestly, that’s what they need! :lol: :lol:

She really has no idea how to style her apartment and add color. Green pillows to go with the floor plant—stop it, Stella! I’d suggest painting an accent wall or two, but that is probably too much of a challenge for her and she’s too sloppy to paint. Just hire an interior designer to make your place cohesive, like wtf, she drops $5k a month just on purses! Spend the money and get a proper interior designer instead of wasting thousands of dollars “trying out” furniture that doesn’t work.

Agreed, that coffee table is awful!

She acts like she invented the wheel by discovering how easy it is to make soup. Poor Bart really is married to a woman who is mentally 14 years old. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DrinkMyBathWater
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DrinkMyBathWater »

Watching her freak out and become hysterical on 74 Gear's video really makes me wonder how she'd react in an inflight emergency. A F/A's most important job is to ensure the safety of their passengers, and remain calm when things go wrong. If she can't handle a simple, routine flight...how will she cope in an emergency?

Post by Guest »

On second thought, their place is too small for a sectional! Even if they got rid of the chair, which seems to be mainly used by Frannie, they don’t have enough room. They’re just going to have to make do with what they’ve got until they move again. They always pick the tiniest apartments to live in. It would be ok if they weren’t such pack rats, but there is nothing “minimal” about Stella, and they’re both self-proclaimed homebodies that like to stay in and watch a lot of tv.

I checked on the condos in Stella’s neighborhood, Cardozo, which is in close proximity to DuPont Circle where many politicians live, and the White House. They easily spent more than $600k. I’m guessing they wanted it for the short commute for Bart, and it’s a trendy neighborhood for Stella. Bart must be staying put for awhile, makes sense not to fork out thousands each month for rent. And they can sell when they’re ready for something larger or move to CA. Hopefully now that Bart’s home Stella will stop wildly spending thousands on herself each month. He can see everything she brings home now and help channel her addiction toward something more positive.

hmart_kimchi
Learner
Learner

Post by hmart_kimchi »

Soup looked gross.

hmart_kimchi
Learner
Learner

Post by hmart_kimchi »

I have more thoughts:

No mukbang. It's gross watching her eat and see the food in her mouth while she talks and chews.
Wasn't she on Rachel Ray? Doesn't she know that she has a show called 30 Minute Meals? Or Sandra Lee Semi Homemade (Semi Halfassed).
I like the face she made when she said she would cook daily around 8:10.
The sausages or hot dogs were burned. Also, that meal is what university students make on a good day.
Did you see her LinkedIn? It's so lame and she got 500 connections already.
Her husband has an MBA and doesn't provide and professional advice? Seems odd.
If I saw her YouTube I would not hire her!

I do wish her well, no matter what I think it's devastating to be furloughed.

hmart_kimchi
Learner
Learner

Post by hmart_kimchi »

re: children (mentioned earlier)

According to MyLife, she's 37 and he's 39. If she's going to be home she might as well get kid ASAP because the window is closing for that. But it seems she wants a 'job'.

Post by Guest »

hmart_kimchi wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:34 pm
re: children (mentioned earlier)

According to MyLife, she's 37 and he's 39. If she's going to be home she might as well get kid ASAP because the window is closing for that. But it seems she wants a 'job'.
I think it’s possible they won’t have kids. I only vaguely remember her tackling this subject a couple times during a Q & A and they both seemed like they were in no hurry. She said something to the effect that they weren’t ready to settle down their lifestyle for children any time soon, but that was awhile ago. Personally, I don’t think she’s emotionally mature enough.

hmart_kimchi
Learner
Learner

Post by hmart_kimchi »

They met on Hinge. She did a video about it.
Happy_one wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:05 am
lawlipop wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:31 pm
Happy_one wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:02 pm
Elora wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:35 pm
Again I have no idea what did Bart find in Stella, she is a liability Image

LMAO, I don't how much money Bart Makes but Damn. It sounds like he's a baller.
He's employed by the government and in something military-related or something. Has been many years. I forgot...I snooped his LinkedIn a while back. But guaranteed good income and benefits. I don't think he'd be laid off.

I also wonder what the heck he sees in Stella. If I were someone working hard and going overseas on/off for my job, I'd want someone who's just as motivated and driven. Granted an FA is a fast-paced, fast-moving job, but Stella def slowed down her pace once they moved in together. And her vlogs just show her mindless life (see here: lavish spending) in a greater light. We're not ones to judge their real relationship, but it seems to me Bart may be borderline sugar daddy material -- he just wants your company when you can be there, and he'll provide for you financially. Terrible thing to compare to, but it's just what I see. Didn't Stella and Bart both meet off Tinder or something too?
yep they did meet on a app but I don't think that it was Tinder it was something else and I can't remember the name of it.

hmart_kimchi
Learner
Learner

Post by hmart_kimchi »

They paid $725,000.
poshspice88 wrote: On second thought, their place is too small for a sectional! Even if they got rid of the chair, which seems to be mainly used by Frannie, they don’t have enough room. They’re just going to have to make do with what they’ve got until they move again. They always pick the tiniest apartments to live in. It would be ok if they weren’t such pack rats, but there is nothing “minimal” about Stella, and they’re both self-proclaimed homebodies that like to stay in and watch a lot of tv.

I checked on the condos in Stella’s neighborhood, Cardozo, which is in close proximity to DuPont Circle where many politicians live, and the White House. They easily spent more than $600k. I’m guessing they wanted it for the short commute for Bart, and it’s a trendy neighborhood for Stella. Bart must be staying put for awhile, makes sense not to fork out thousands each month for rent. And they can sell when they’re ready for something larger or move to CA. Hopefully now that Bart’s home Stella will stop wildly spending thousands on herself each month. He can see everything she brings home now and help channel her addiction toward something more positive.

Return to “Fly With Stella”