Lazy Moon / MeowItsLethargic(and allergic) - Part 3

Re: Lazy Moon / MeowItsLethargic(and allergic) - Part 3

Post by Guest »

Lucy at 7:45 in her new vid :
"So you might be thinking, Luce this is all fair and well but this area of you is gonna be freezing *points to her naked neck and cleavage*, well I thought about this : " puts on a scarf

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by fleurish »

Didn't bother watching her latest videos but sometimes I accidentally click on her IG stories. SAME FUCKING JUMPERS all year round and I know 200% that England is not as cold as she wants us to think. Either she has a health problem or a house heating one. But I'm tired of seeing the same jumpers, teal pants like a uniform. It's like she is covering herself 24/7 with bulky clothes and does not even know how to dress appropriately for events.

When I started watching her videos, 2012 or something like that, her style was so much better. Now it's the same bulky thing over and over again.
English is my 2nd language, so, please, bear with me.

loli189
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by loli189 »

LaurenDalton wrote: lololol
On her insta story a couple of days ago she blasted a commenter for saying she was confused about Lucy's stance on sustainability after watching the video, which Lucy said made her feel like shit (sorry I don't have a screenshot). The thing is, the comment wasn't even rude and the replies that she wrote that further explained her issue (which are still available under the video) were really eloquent and well put. Honestly Lucy is incapable of taking criticism it's to the point where it's just really sad for her and her career. If I was getting negative comments as the top comment on a shit tonne of my videos, I would be pretty fucking worried, especially combined with the average amount of views each of her videos get. It's not like she speaks on controversial topics where critical comments are fully expected; she's a fashion/beauty/lifestyle vlogger, and her percentage of negative comments on each video is weirdly high for that kind of content, not only that but these comments are popular as well. Honestly it's beyond me why she has yet to figure out that the solution to this problem is to listen to the people that her income relies on and try to understand why a lot of them don't find her relatable anymore or take issue with the stuff she does.
ThAt'S mY oPiNiOn :?

Post by Guest »

Her little twitter rant about the top comments was... embarrassing. I get that some of the comments was negative/bad. But she also said "and loads about leather being unethical". She brands herself as cruelty free. She doesn't see that some people might have issue with killing animals for humans to use their skin as furniture etc.

She says this:

but she only wants comments that she agrees with.

Last one, she sees this as negative but if you interpreted it differently, all they are asking for is more content. Show us what you bought.

She needs to recognise when she is in a bad mental space before she reads her comment section. Bad mental mind can change your perception and color your view.

loli189
Informer
Informer

Post by loli189 »

LaurenDalton wrote: Her little twitter rant about the top comments was... embarrassing. I get that some of the comments was negative/bad. But she also said "and loads about leather being unethical". She brands herself as cruelty free. She doesn't see that some people might have issue with killing animals for humans to use their skin as furniture etc.

She says this:

but she only wants comments that she agrees with.

Last one, she sees this as negative but if you interpreted it differently, all they are asking for is more content. Show us what you bought.

She needs to recognise when she is in a bad mental space before she reads her comment section. Bad mental mind can change your perception and color your view.
I literally don't understand how 'why didn't you show us what you bought?' can be taken negatively. Like you have to be ridiculously sensitive to find that offensive to the point where you should just stop reading the comment section. Heaven help her if she reads a genuinely cruel comment. Tbh it's probably a good thing she's taking a break for Christmas. She's always talking about how drained she's feeling creatively and when she's this easily offended she should probably stay away for a while until she's feeling like she can handle criticism. Idk that's what I do whenever I find myself getting overly offended by things on the internet.
ThAt'S mY oPiNiOn :?

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

I think she mentioned before that she gets her sister to vet the comments and delete any hate before she reads them herself, so the only criticism that Lucy reads are things that her own sister -who knows how sensitive she is and cares about her feelings- has deemed valid and/or mild enough to be left on the video. And she still can't handle it. I know it must suck getting a lot of negative feedback but this is her job, she needs to either take it on board and develop a thicker skin, or just stop reading the comments

larasowa
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by larasowa »

Her lack of ability to take criticism is quite remarkable for someone in their mid/late twenties. If one of us proles had the same reaction when we get criticised regularly (like most people in any stage of their life) we would be carrying our cardboard box outside pretty quickly...

No one likes criticism; it is not comfortable for anyone, but that is also no reason to throw a hissy fit just because someone doesn't agree with something or has an issue. Sorry, if your job is having your personality on the internet please be prepared for some conflicting ethics/views. If it goes above and beyond (personal attacks - although note, criticism of you is OK) sure, it's hurtful and unnecessary, but arguing that someone doesn't understand they're greenwashing is hardly a ridiculous claim...
On that note, I'm still just happy my comment is up there, even if I ended up in a comment discussion with some stans. Given up now though, so few fucks to give.

gyla
Learner
Learner

Post by gyla »

Beloved ep. 1:
"I don't read the news really"
"I've read one book this year"

Oh my, can't wait what our intellectualist shares in episode number 2!

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

gyla wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:19 am
Beloved ep. 1:
"I don't read the news really"
"I've read one book this year"

Oh my, can't wait what our intellectualist shares in episode number 2!
I cannot handle people who don't read or watch the news because "it's too triggering" :roll: (I'm assuming that's the reason why + her general laziness)

It's so counterproductive...if you don't know what's going on in the world, then how do you expect to make the world better? Smh. Also ignoring reality and living in a bubble of comfort is an unhealthy way of dealing with anxiety/depression.

dragonslayer456
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dragonslayer456 »

She has the most boring sense of style I have ever seen. It's like she's becoming a parody of herself. That f*cking beige jumper...

And admitting that you've read ONE book in a year, AND you don't read the news... So embarrassing. You're willfully devoid of any sense of style or fashion creativity, and you're willfully ignorant. How does she have a social media career?

BrideOfFrankenstein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrideOfFrankenstein »

^ More parody material: the first word in her Instagram bio literally is ''cruelty-free'', yet she's proudly showing us she got a back-up of her favourite Diptyque perfume in her stories. Sometimes I seriously can't tell if she's trolling or not.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

that 168hrs where she does a Glossier GRWM was just uncomfortable to watch because it was so clear her headspace isn't great.

Girl needs to get herself a small part time job I think. Even if she doesn't need the cash. When I was feeling incredibly low I started working at my local pub and it was hugely beneficial for me. Just a couple shifts a week and it was enough to ground me and help me chat to the locals and grow in confidence.

Clearly the way she is currently doing her job now is doing her no favours

gyla
Learner
Learner

Post by gyla »

dragonslayer456 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:59 am
How does she have a social media career?
That's a really good question actually. She clearly isn't very ambitious, educated and well-read (although I bet she'd describe herself as such). Her work ethics is just terrible. You could say the same about many other influencers but many girls on instagram rely heavily on their good looks. Lucy is not ugly but she is hardly a bombshell, you would never look twice on her walking down the street. Her fashion? Definition of 'boring', I'd say she dresses like a middle-aged women but I know so many women in their 40s who have much more life in their wardrobe than she does.
So I really don't understand her phenomenon. Is it just about her being basic and hence relatable?

Gingerpandas
Learner
Learner

Post by Gingerpandas »

gyla wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:52 pm
dragonslayer456 wrote:
That's a really good question actually. She clearly isn't very ambitious, educated and well-read (although I bet she'd describe herself as such). Her work ethics is just terrible. You could say the same about many other influencers but many girls on instagram rely heavily on their good looks. Lucy is not ugly but she is hardly a bombshell, you would never look twice on her walking down the street. Her fashion? Definition of 'boring', I'd say she dresses like a middle-aged women but I know so many women in their 40s who have much more life in their wardrobe than she does.
So I really don't understand her phenomenon. Is it just about her being basic and hence relatable?
I think she has a career because she got into the British YouTube scene really early, she’d be another 1k subscriber beauty vlogger if she got into it now.

peony
Talker
Talker

Post by peony »

Gingerpandas wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:44 pm
gyla wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:52 pm
dragonslayer456 wrote:
I think she has a career because she got into the British YouTube scene really early, she’d be another 1k subscriber beauty vlogger if she got into it now.
Exactly. She just got lucky. I don’t think people were too interested in her videos, she just happened to hang out with the right people. I remember subscribing to a lot of people I didn’t watch because they were friends of the youtubers I watched.

rockbear
Debater
Debater

Post by rockbear »

Hannah Witton's 2019 resolutions video shows what success and hard work look like in the youtube world. She keeps setting goals and trying new things and smashing them all and Lucy does nothing in comparison.

Oh my sea
Learner
Learner

Post by Oh my sea »

Really Lucy? Have you thought about wearing anything else from your winter wardrobe for once?
Screenshot_20191228-212134.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

peony
Talker
Talker

Post by peony »

Oh my sea wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:34 am
Really Lucy? Have you thought about wearing anything else from your winter wardrobe for once? Screenshot_20191228-212134.png
Didn’t she insist on wearing sweaters all through summer?

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Another impressively awful excuse for not uploading- she really would do better not to mention it at all. No one would begrudge not uploading this week - or let’s be honest notice at all with her. But she has to make an appalling and unbelievable excuse. She just can’t help herself squeezing in one more to close out the decade.
F0E664F7-AFD2-439D-896B-66ED39208EB9.jpeg
Yes, December is very busy in the run up to Christmas, but the patch between that and new year we are currently inhabiting? Famously dead, as everyone recovers from Xmas and prepares for NYE. It’s literally the quietest time of year. What on earth is she “too busy to watch videos” doing ?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BrideOfFrankenstein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrideOfFrankenstein »

^ Came here to say exactly this! ''Everyone is too busy to watch YouTube videos'' lol what? Of course she had to finish the year with one more lame excuse and no video. I'm curious if she's going to do some kind of ''New Year's resolutions'' video or blog post. She'll probably set a couple of ridiculously small and pretentious goals (like in her ''What I want to achieve before 30'' video, or whatever it was). It'd be a good laugh for us though.

Meanwhile youtubers like Hannah Witton are cracking out the uploads. She's been uploading both on her main and second channel, and even the videos on her second channel are better quality than Lucy's main channel videos lol. I'm not necessarily a fan of Hannah's content but the difference in work ethic is BAFFLING, and I haven't once heard her complain about how awfully busy she is and how hard being an ''influencer'' is (granted I don't watch all of her videos but OK). Hell, even I have better work ethic than Lucy and I'm crippled by physical and mental health problems (some of which are very similar to Lucy's).

Return to “Lucy Moon”