pepesylvia wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:14 pm
PinkCupcake wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:49 pm
itsamario wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:53 am
So much envy in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that really a bad thing? I wish I had as much money as she does and I’m way older.
lmao right? who the fuck wouldn't wish to make stacks on stacks of money for literally minimal effort and having the easiest job in the world. she got so fucking lucky
There are 100,000 YouTuber creators who have been posting videos once a week for the past few years. Emma has risen to the top 100 or so of those. How? By being very creative and meticulously curating a template of editing techniques out of the options in iMovie and a few other apps, and this template has been the most influential in, if not the history of YouTube, at least by far the most influential in the past two years. To understand this one would need to understand how to edit a video. How much time it takes to set jump cut patterns and modulating pan and zooms with audio effects. Emma did not get lucky. Emma did this with her brains and her hard work, something girls never ever get credit for from other girls, because a highly intelligent female is actually more threatening to another female than a physically beautiful one. The males such as the Dolans or James Charles or Casey Neistat are never accused of "getting lucky." even if their rise to fame has often been based on as many or more collaborations with other influential YouTubers, they are praised for their work. Emma should be praised as well. Long-time YouTubers have been recognizing her talent for awhile, from Cody Ko to Yes Theory to Shane mentioning her editing a few times. Emma earned her fame and her fortune.
Orrr, with the right tags and titles maybe youtube decided to shove her down our throats that she was on everyone’s recommendations. So yeah she pretty much did get lucky. Her early vlogs literally didn’t have much, if any quirky editing. It wasn’t until she got the hang of youtube that she started to do normal amounts of quirky editing and where she started to become popular and loved by many. Now she’s an exaggeration of herself to the point that it’s nauseating. Can’t go a couple seconds of her video without an edit or face distortion. A lot of yelling and full of bathroom/hygiene humour.

sarstar112
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma Chamberlain - Part 2

Post by sarstar112 »

What a stan

coconutsun
Informer
Informer

Post by coconutsun »

Lol @ the Emma stans. We don't envy Emma, we just want her money because YouTubers have a low effort job and get paid a shit load for it.

Editing is not hard to do once you know how to edit. Oh no emma had to teach herself how to edit? People go to college for four years to get a job in their low paying field. Editing on the other hand you can watch a youtube video and boom expert. Anyone with a brain and computer sense can easily learn how to edit if they want to. Emma is a fan of the Dolan twins that had been very tastefully using ken burns and I think that's where Emma got her influence from. Youtube pushed her down everyone's throats in the recommendations, the same thing with Joana Cedia.

Even if Emma spent 40 hours filming/editing like she claims (btw very doubtful of this she must have the worst time management if true), why is she complaining? Thats how many hours normal full-time workers work, plus she also doesn't have to travel to and from the office like normal people.

Point of this is youtuber's have low effort jobs and their fans glorify them for doing piss easy work

trashtalk_77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by trashtalk_77 »

pepesylvia wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:35 pm
full_send wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:27 pm
pepesylvia wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:14 pm
PinkCupcake wrote:
itsamario wrote:

Is that really a bad thing? I wish I had as much money as she does and I’m way older.
lmao right? who the fuck wouldn't wish to make stacks on stacks of money for literally minimal effort and having the easiest job in the world. she got so fucking lucky
There are 100,000 YouTuber creators who have been posting videos once a week for the past few years. Emma has risen to the top 100 or so of those. How? By being very creative and meticulously curating a template of editing techniques out of the options in iMovie and a few other apps, and this template has been the most influential in, if not the history of YouTube, at least by far the most influential in the past two years. To understand this one would need to understand how to edit a video. How much time it takes to set jump cut patterns and modulating pan and zooms with audio effects. Emma did not get lucky. Emma did this with her brains and her hard work, something girls never ever get credit for from other girls, because a highly intelligent female is actually more threatening to another female than a physically beautiful one. The males such as the Dolans or James Charles or Casey Neistat are never accused of "getting lucky." even if their rise to fame has often been based on as many or more collaborations with other influential YouTubers, they are praised for their work. Emma should be praised as well. Long-time YouTubers have been recognizing her talent for awhile, from Cody Ko to Yes Theory to Shane mentioning her editing a few times. Emma earned her fame and her fortune.
ok emma
I'm glad someone else thinks that full_send is Emma lmao I swear no one can say anything on here without Emma, I mean "full_send" coming at us like the fking wikipedia of Emma Chamberlain.

lyddiemarie
Informer
Informer

Post by lyddiemarie »

full_send wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:47 pm
lyddiemarie wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:43 pm
kara rae wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:45 pm

okay wtf is her new merch.... taking this whole “quirky” thing to a whole new level. i really don’t hope her fans actually buy this and wear it out in public.

That miiiiight just beat out Ariana Grande for the "weirdest merch ever" award.
This merch design is actually perfectly on-brand for Emma. Her actual fans will get it, others won't. Pretty simple. The popular horse girl look from her school lookbook has grown and become the latte drinking centaur that Emma is now. Something like that.
I'm okay with it if it's an actual thing for her channel, and it isn't just a shirt saying "sad boi hour" or something completely random. I'm not really a fan, though, and from the outside looking in, it is really freaking weird.
"Doesn't matter - I'm a celebrity!" - James Charles, "MUA"

pandry
Informer
Informer

Post by pandry »

I guess I do envy Emma. I am working my ass off in medical school while having moved overseas away from my family at 17, and it's sad knowing that even after all the work I do, she somehow will make more than any average doctor or surgeon. Our profession literally exists to heal people while she... just talks about how shitty her health is and gets hundreds of thousands of dollars for that. It feels quite unfair and it makes me a little angry. 7-8+ years of training to become a doctor vs getting lucky because YouTube needed a new poster child lol

MissForever11
Informer
Informer

Post by MissForever11 »

i'm a long time lurker just now following

japeterson42
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by japeterson42 »

pandry wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:50 am
I guess I do envy Emma. I am working my ass off in medical school while having moved overseas away from my family at 17, and it's sad knowing that even after all the work I do, she somehow will make more than any average doctor or surgeon. Our profession literally exists to heal people while she... just talks about how shitty her health is and gets hundreds of thousands of dollars for that. It feels quite unfair and it makes me a little angry. 7-8+ years of training to become a doctor vs getting lucky because YouTube needed a new poster child lol
first of all, what the hell is your photo? is that really tana's smile?

secondly, her fame will fade, your hard work and skill will not. that's all.
lmaooo

Hayalilaydaa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Hayalilaydaa »

pepesylvia wrote:
PinkCupcake wrote:
itsamario wrote:

It’s crazy how it’s all due to the dolans and James

Post by Guest »

Hayalilaydaa wrote:
pepesylvia wrote:
PinkCupcake wrote:
itsamario wrote:

Yeah Emma put the work in with her videos but she also got lucky. Both things can exist at the same time. I don’t really buy that she created this amazing style of editing, but I will say she set a trend with it. Editing and filming videos takes work but she is getting paid waaaaay more than people that do way harder and time consuming jobs. She’s lucky.

The last job I had wanted someone with a bachelor’s degree as well as someone that was bilingual. I was neither of those but still got the job because they liked my personality and I interviewed well. I got lucky and I’ll admit that. Did I work hard at that job? Hell yeah I did. But I also got lucky that someone was in a good mood that day and took a chance on me lol

Post by Guest »

Elah_ww wrote:
Hayalilaydaa wrote:
pepesylvia wrote:
PinkCupcake wrote:
itsamario wrote: So much envy in this thread.

Yeah Emma put the work in with her videos but she also got lucky. Both things can exist at the same time. I don’t really buy that she created this amazing style of editing, but I will say she set a trend with it. Editing and filming videos takes work but she is getting paid waaaaay more than people that do way harder and time consuming jobs. She’s lucky.

The last job I had wanted someone with a bachelor’s degree as well as someone that was bilingual. I was neither of those but still got the job because they liked my personality and I interviewed well. I got lucky and I’ll admit that. Did I work hard at that job? Hell yeah I did. But I also got lucky that someone was in a good mood that day and took a chance on me lol

Edit: oops I didn’t mean to reply to this I meant to reply to the other post about how hard Emma works. Sorry!

sarstar112
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sarstar112 »

Leaving this here

Bazzingadoo12
Informer
Informer

Post by Bazzingadoo12 »

sarstar112 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:33 pm

Leaving this here

Holy shit this is bad. I saw some stans saying "actually you dont need to shower that often etc etc" or "shane does the same" and its unbelievable the lengths they'll go to defend her.

Pissing yourself in public is another level of trashy and gross. I'd expect it from Tana Mongeau tho.

MiSSiizZ+
Learner
Learner

Post by MiSSiizZ+ »

Common people. Let the girl be!
With her large apartment and friends planning to stay with her, she just mark her territory with urine that’s all. It’s fine I see no problem here.

Melroselove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Melroselove »

full_send wrote:There is also this: Emma, put on your big girl pants and re-follow on Instagram Hannah Meloche, Andre Nguyen, Summer, Marla, Avrey, Ava, Tatiana, Teala, Margot and all the Dote girls you have had a connection with, and also David, Liza, Zane, Kristen and the vlog squad, and Elle Milles, Kaylynn Koury, Jessie Paige, Mikaela Long, your heroes Casey Neistat, Enjaja, Jennxpenn, Jenna, and at least 50 others. Whatever personal need you had to un-follow everyone is not worth the sheer rudeness that on this platform relies on creators supporting each other. Not one of these people has remotely done or said anything negative about you despite the likely ease with which they could. If there is personal beef with any of them, work it the frick out privately like an adult. And make an effort to like and comment on some of their posts. The purge idea might have been interesting for about one week if you made a video about it, but at this point it is just pointless shade to every single other creator who follows you but you refuse to follow back for whatever completely wrong reason your deluded brain has concluded for itself.

Uhhh I don’t think she owes anyone a follow/like/comment. It’s kinda nice that she doesn’t comment on every other YouTubers pictures, comes off as fake to me.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

Melroselove wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:47 pm
full_send wrote:There is also this: Emma, put on your big girl pants and re-follow on Instagram Hannah Meloche, Andre Nguyen, Summer, Marla, Avrey, Ava, Tatiana, Teala, Margot and all the Dote girls you have had a connection with, and also David, Liza, Zane, Kristen and the vlog squad, and Elle Milles, Kaylynn Koury, Jessie Paige, Mikaela Long, your heroes Casey Neistat, Enjaja, Jennxpenn, Jenna, and at least 50 others. Whatever personal need you had to un-follow everyone is not worth the sheer rudeness that on this platform relies on creators supporting each other. Not one of these people has remotely done or said anything negative about you despite the likely ease with which they could. If there is personal beef with any of them, work it the frick out privately like an adult. And make an effort to like and comment on some of their posts. The purge idea might have been interesting for about one week if you made a video about it, but at this point it is just pointless shade to every single other creator who follows you but you refuse to follow back for whatever completely wrong reason your deluded brain has concluded for itself.

Uhhh I don’t think she owes anyone a follow/like/comment. It’s kinda nice that she doesn’t comment on every other YouTubers pictures, comes off as fake to me.

Damn. damn muther freaking damn yes to this post.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

MiSSiizZ+ wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:13 pm
Common people. Let the girl be!
With her large apartment and friends planning to stay with her, she just mark her territory with urine that’s all. It’s fine I see no problem here.
oh NO PLEASE

theillusivewoman
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by theillusivewoman »

Even if I had that kind of money, I doubt I'd want to live in a place that big alone? It just seems too spacious to feel even remotely homely. I know Ellie doesn't live there full-time and I'm not saying Emma has to live in a one bedroom apartment, but Ellie's place seems so much more cozier and cuter.

propaganda 1984
Learner
Learner

Post by propaganda 1984 »

i am from the same area and i am the same age as emma. i am not very rich though, but i know many rich people. she isn't abnormal for the area she's from. i don't think that having a 3 bedroom when you're 17 is ok, but it's not weird. also, the way a lot of people are raised in the sf bay area is pretty different (kinda open hippieish), so it might be her upbringing that influenced her weird ways.

i don't know, though, it could just be teenage depression as to why she doesn't shower. the 3 bedroom being all to her self probably won't help either.

sorry about this being all over the place.

ughloml
Informer
Informer

Post by ughloml »

Thoughts on these? People assume she’s modelling for CK but that doesn’t make sense as to why the founder of setactive is posting them on her Instagram story
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Emma Chamberlain”