Countdown to Sustainable proposal - Niomi Smart Part 6

Snooze
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Countdown to Sustainable proposal - Niomi Smart Part 6

Post by Snooze »

I do like that the actual proposal stayed private.

But honestly- he “designed” the ring???? That’s such a generic design and highly popular since Wiliam gave Kate his mother’s ring. Every jewellery store has this style. A big non-diamond centre stone, set in small diamonds is as bland as a princess cut solitaire. So yeah.....

They are probably keeping the flat and just move a few things.

Post by Guest »

Niomi's been late for meetings a couple of times this vlogmas. I get the impression she doesn't always leave the house on time!

Marinka
Debater
Debater

Post by Marinka »

Snooze wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:25 pm
But honestly- he “designed” the ring???? That’s such a generic design and highly popular since Wiliam gave Kate his mother’s ring. Every jewellery store has this style. A big non-diamond centre stone, set in small diamonds is as bland as a princess cut solitaire. So yeah.....
I think what they meant was he picked the hoop, the color, the style and the diamond (its her birthstone) - so they probably custom made it, instead of him just buying a ring that is already made.

Also for leaving/selling their flat - I think its pretty logical that they wont sell it. I mean, why would they? They do need a place to stay when they get back to UK, and if they can afford to keep it,... :D I am pretty sure if they ever decide to have kids, they will move back to UK.
:love2: English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Lolz11
Learner
Learner

Post by Lolz11 »

I'm sorry, but that ring is so big and gaudy and looks like costume jewelry. And when she wears it, it looks a bit crooked on her finger. I wish she could have had some input on it.

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

Did Niomi sold her old flat or whas she renting?
-english is not my first language-

Ellie2008
Talker
Talker

Post by Ellie2008 »

Lolz11 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:08 am
I'm sorry, but that ring is so big and gaudy and looks like costume jewelry. And when she wears it, it looks a bit crooked on her finger. I wish she could have had some input on it.
I think it looks crooked as it’s too big but itherwise I completely agree with you. It would be much better suitable as costume jewelry. It is gaudy IMO I wouldn’t want to look at it for the resorts of my life. Something quieter would have been nice.

blissful
Informer
Informer

Post by blissful »

I personally think her ring is gorgeous. She may not have picked it out herself but I wouldn't be surprised if she had mentioned to Joe in the years they've been together that she really liked Kate Middleton's engagement ring - hers basically looks the same except it's an emerald versus a sapphire.(it's a pretty daring ring to get for someone unless you know it's their style). It's also much more interesting than the stereotypical and boring diamond rings everyone has.

Also she did mention she was getting it resized.

howwonderfullifeis
Learner
Learner

Post by howwonderfullifeis »

Aw, I'm happy for her and Joe, they really do radiate happiness in those pictures. The ring is very unique and beautiful, and as long as she likes it, it's all that matters.

Now for the love of Jeebus Niomi, stop selling out in 2020 and spice up your content so I can get back to enjoying your videos again!

QueenBW
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by QueenBW »

coffelatte wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:32 am
Did Niomi sold her old flat or whas she renting?
She was renting

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

I like the ring. It's very on trend lately but tbh it suits Niomi. Can't picture her being happy with a big honkin' diamond ring because of all the blowback to her sustainability lifestyle. So Joe knows her very well in that aspect at the very least.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Ring is ugly and tacky. My first thought was that it looked like costume jewelry. If you have the money and want to buy a giant emerald ring, go for it. But this is an engagement ring. It’s meant to be worn every day for the rest of your life. That giant bright green gleaming stone is like all you can see if she so much as move her hand. And it’s not a deeper muted or even sexy emerald green it’s like inescapable GREEN lol.

It’s different than a stone like a sapphire because at least a deep blue tends to be more subtle and can even go with more things, it’s durable and looks more classic. Niomi’s ring is like a “look” that you’d wear as a focal point with a nice dress to an event.

I’m sure she likes it right now because unlike other weirdos (Tanya burr) when you’re in love and in your engagement haze you should see your fiancé in your ring and love it. At first lol. Also, while ethically I’m against diamonds, one of the reasons people go for classic cuts and colours is because again, this has to stay classic through the decades... and so you’re not sick of it either.

I think the proposal spot was great though, that’s an idyllic place to get engaged.

ladeeda2
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ladeeda2 »

I genuinely like Niomi. But wow, does she ever work or do anything but live a life of leisure? Her vlogmas has shown how glaringly little of substance she does. Manicures, massages, tarot card readings, yoga classes, theater shows, lunches out, weekend getaways, etc. It's kind of ridiculous for someone her age to basically do nothing.

Plus, I found it very strange that she didn't get her ring re-sized in London. She went all the way to Brighton? Makes you wonder whether her real reason to go to that "family" jeweler was to have the ring secretly appraised so she knows how much it's worth.

curlytot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by curlytot »

I'm glad other people find the ring ugly, because it's a bit catty to say so but I find it hideous. I also don't believe she would have chosen that herself, I think she would've gone for a classic gold and small diamond quite understated. She isn't a flashy person in terms of jewellery etc and it's such a bright lurid green it's not going to go with many outfits tbh. Actually quite surprised it wasn't an old family heirloom or something as well tbh!

half_pint
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by half_pint »

curlytot wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:56 am
I'm glad other people find the ring ugly, because it's a bit catty to say so but I find it hideous. I also don't believe she would have chosen that herself, I think she would've gone for a classic gold and small diamond quite understated. She isn't a flashy person in terms of jewellery etc and it's such a bright lurid green it's not going to go with many outfits tbh. Actually quite surprised it wasn't an old family heirloom or something as well tbh!
I know everyone has different tastes (and I personally think the ring is super ugly) but even if it was my style and I thought it was nice it just does not look anything like an engagement ring. I've seen lots of ugly engagement rings on women before but as soon as I see it I know it's an engagement ring and not just a random ring from their jewelry box. I also thought Niomi would be more of a classic dainty diamond type person since she's very plain and classic (which is personally something of hers that I like since I also prefer more classic styles).

But all that being said, I can't wait to see what kind of wedding they plan, I hope she films the process and uploads a wedding video. I love seeing other people's weddings

Mixedbaby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mixedbaby »

Oh wow that colour green is TACKY AF! Just no...

Ellie2008
Talker
Talker

Post by Ellie2008 »

Mixedbaby wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:22 pm
Oh wow that colour green is TACKY AF! Just no...
It looks similar to the plastic ring her sister had in the blog. IMO a lot of it is the color, the design wouldn’t be to my taste but it would be so much better if it was a darker emerald or a ruby. It really draws the eye when you look at her.

She’s got her gorgeous guy so I doubt she cares too much

catsgomoo
Learner
Learner

Post by catsgomoo »

I think she's mentioned before that green is her favorite color or that emerald is her favorite stone, which is why Joe picked that ring out for her. It seemed like in their video she was very pleased with it!

I personally also want a nontraditional ring - to me, classic = boring, so I get where Niomi is coming from on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mi-ya
Debater
Debater

Post by mi-ya »

I used to watch Niomi a couple of years ago and haven’t really kept up with her since Joe came into the picture, so I don’t really know anything about him, but i keep seeing people mention his family history and family connections, can someone please brief me on Joes family background?
Also, i’m sure Niomi used to mention University quite a lot, what subject does she have a degree in?

QueenBW
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by QueenBW »

mi-ya wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:45 pm
I used to watch Niomi a couple of years ago and haven’t really kept up with her since Joe came into the picture, so I don’t really know anything about him, but i keep seeing people mention his family history and family connections, can someone please brief me on Joes family background?
Also, i’m sure Niomi used to mention University quite a lot, what subject does she have a degree in?
Joe is the son of Sir Clive Woodward, a pretty well known rugby player and coach who was then part of the British Olympics committee and such things. He was knighted in the Order of the British Empire. Due to this, he knows quite a few people. Don't know much about his mom.

If I recall correctly Niomi has a law degree.

Wombat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wombat »

Her ring's not my style, for sure, but hopefully she likes it - there's nothing more awkward than the quiet ring upgrade/change before a couple hits a milestone anniversary.

Return to “Niomi Smart”