Countdown to Sustainable proposal - Niomi Smart Part 6

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Countdown to Sustainable proposal - Niomi Smart Part 6

Post by LadyBugB »

I didn't know what to call this, oh well!!

mg95
Informer
Informer

Re: Countdown to Sustainable proposal - Niomi Smart Part 6

Post by mg95 »

Noticed in the comments of Vlogmas Day 8 someone had asked her why she calls her grandfather by his first name. I guess that hints to the fact that he is her grandmother's second husband (their last name is Steele). Where Niomi's concerned, I have always been really curious about the situation with her biological father, as her mom had her as a teenager and he has never once been mentioned in the vlogs. Anyway, I was doing some googling and nothing came up regarding her Dad but I did find this photo of Niomi and her mom and step-dad (Paul and Verity Craig) in a photo together with a man named Peiter Smart in Absolute Brighton Magazine from 2009/2010. Perhaps that's her biological grandfather, and 'Smart' was her mother's maiden name, rather than her absentee fathers' surname. Such a curious situation (for nosy people like me). Anyway, check out the vintage Niomi bangs too lol

https://issuu.com/abtv/docs/ab_december_2009/63

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

I've always been curious about her dad too. Didn't someone once say he might have been American? Not sure.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

So she may not have her father's last name then? Perhaps something tragic happened like he passed away and she doesn't like talking about it / bringing it up. I wonder if she will ever mention it because she seems to be addressing so many obvious questions, I would really like to know as well.

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

yeah the only thing I could ever find was her mom's article about conceiving daisy may via IVF where she said:

"Blessed, I already had my wonderful daughter Niomi, whom I had raised alone (I had her at a young age.) It seemed so unfair that here I was with a man I loved and was married to who was a wonderful step-father to my daughter, and yet we were being deprived of sharing a baby together."

QueenBW
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by QueenBW »

OT but for Lux who asked about personalized baubles, I obviously don't know where Joe got the one he gave to Niomi but, there is a website Studioseed.co.uk where they make personalized Christmas ornaments.

Back to the topic of Niomi's family, I think we ate all very curious precisely because she doesn't talk about it at all. My guess is that the father was just never in the picture. Her mom got pregnant probably from a casual relationship, had the baby, raised her. No need to mention someone who was never there, right?

Fun fact: every time I try to spell Niomi, my auto correct changes it to Miami.

sone0408
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by sone0408 »

was coming on here to comment on niomi calling her grandad ian, especially since she calls her grandma grandma and the way she was talking about him was like a step grandfather (i want to thank him for all he's done for our family etc etc) but her grandma did correct her and said grandad when niomi called him ian so maybe there's something extra there like her biological grandfather is in her life also or something

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

LadyBugB wrote:I didn't know what to call this, oh well!!
It's a perfect title :tu: Thanks!

Supersmyth
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Supersmyth »

In the beginning of the vlog she mentions that ian has been around since she was 6 so he’s def step grandpa

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

Did some more lurking... From Instagram- her cousin Arabella (she's been in a few vlogs before) follows someone named Holly Naomi Smart, who I think is her mother and therefore Verity's sister. She's got a pic on her profile with the Pieter Smart from the pic I posted above. So Smart is definitely her mother's family name. Mystery somewhat solved. No Dad involvement whatsoever.

A little OT but I also found Niomi has a personal acc- @niomifiona (it's private- but followed by joe and also tanya burr)

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

Oh man, I would love to see whats on that account, I find it funny when "famous" people have a personal account and give the information away in the description, like with Zoe's personal.
-english is not my first language-

Siculus
Informer
Informer

Post by Siculus »

so Niomi's aunt is also named Naomi? a bit weird to name your daughter after your sister but change the spelling. I don't know. maybe that's just me.

also what's with the personal accounts? one for Zoe, one for Niomi... I ask again, if they want to share a more personal photo wit ha handful of people can'T they just send it to them?
english is not my first language

Post by Guest »

From what I've seen, it isn't unusual at all to take the mother's surname if the father's had nothing to do/ showed no interest in being in the child's life. It could also be Niomi's mum cut him out their lives, who knows?
I've always called my step-grandad 'grandad', never by his name, but it would make sense for Niomi not to want to hurt her biological grandad's feelings (maybe) if she's close to him like @joinmymisery was saying.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

I bet the image Niomi portrays in her personal is wildly different, which tbh I’d be relieved about because no one can be so vanilla boring.

kmare91
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kmare91 »

mg95 wrote:Noticed in the comments of Vlogmas Day 8 someone had asked her why she calls her grandfather by his first name. I guess that hints to the fact that he is her grandmother's second husband (their last name is Steele). Where Niomi's concerned, I have always been really curious about the situation with her biological father, as her mom had her as a teenager and he has never once been mentioned in the vlogs. Anyway, I was doing some googling and nothing came up regarding her Dad but I did find this photo of Niomi and her mom and step-dad (Paul and Verity Craig) in a photo together with a man named Peiter Smart in Absolute Brighton Magazine from 2009/2010. Perhaps that's her biological grandfather, and 'Smart' was her mother's maiden name, rather than her absentee fathers' surname. Such a curious situation (for nosy people like me). Anyway, check out the vintage Niomi bangs too lol

https://issuu.com/abtv/docs/ab_december_2009/63

I've been wondering this for the LONGEST time as well, thought I was alone. I knew that was her stepdad but she's never mentioned it. I don't know if that's the kind of thing she'd allow herself to discuss.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

Niomi's mom is so gorgeous!
I'm not sure how I feel about mothers who entirely withhold information about who fathered their children. I understand that there may be situations where you don't want the man to be part of your lives but everyone needs to know where they come from. I hope Niomi was given some information on her biological father at some point. There's no need to make it public, of course. And I guess there's also the possibility that Verity simply doesn't know who fathered her child. :?

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

kofi wrote:I bet the image Niomi portrays in her personal is wildly different, which tbh I’d be relieved about because no one can be so vanilla boring.
I mean, if you go far enough back on her public instagram account 2013/2014 is all Niomi jetting off to Marbella, partying with Uni friends, and attending youtuber parties with Marcus. There is a ton of club pictures, tacky but expensive outfits, bleach blonde hair, awful tans, and of course alcohol. I would say she had her fun in Uni and a couple of years after and then did a little 180 on her image as she grew up.

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

Her private Instagram account is where Naughty Niomi resides.

lurkerxx
Informer
Informer

Post by lurkerxx »

I've always wondered about Niomi's father, too! Maybe he was very young as well and didn't want to become a father and left their lives? It does seem that he was never a part of the picture.
Niomi's family is so classy. I actually do enjoy watching videos with them. Her mum and grandmother are so sophisticated and seem so sweet.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

This is a pretty cool interview

There’s No Perfect Life
Niomi Smart

https://www.headtalks.com/no-perfect-life/

YouTuber and Instagrammer Niomi Smart tries to use her life online to promote a healthy and happy community and create a positive mindset among her followers. But she’s conscious that despite providing tips on healthy eating and lifestyle for her many fans, she’s as likely as anyone only to show the good things in life on screen. Even she is prey to ‘pangs of envy’ of others. She hopes people feel motivated, but says everyone has bad days. Her tips? Stay active, eat well, and remember that nutrition can have a massive effect on your mental health.

Return to “Niomi Smart”