Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wear I Live (Jenny Welbourn)

Post by DreamyCat »

Gummo_Sevigny wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:54 pm
She's moving, again. Of course all she did was bitch and complain how much "work" she has do. Oh, and she went NYFW. Life must be sooo hard for her :roll: Anyone who has moved the amount of the times she has and in NYC is pretty lucky. And no, she looks nothing like Frida. Bitch wish she did :rofl:

She’s so privileged yet she always has the attitude of a poor, depressed person who has it soooo hard. Not saying she should act all happy and cherry all of a sudden, but damn, she can move so often in one of the most expensive places in the world yet she complains about how much she has to do, how many apartments she looked at, getting approved for leases, etc. Yeah, those are adult concerns but I rarely see her be grateful for what she has. She always has the same scowl on her face as she talks about self love, stress, self care and me me me me stuff. I’ve seen other youtubers with less subscribers than her doing videos about moving and even though moving might be tiring, they are excited and express how grateful they feel that they get to move somewhere else.
Yeah Jenny, you’re a 24 year old white girl living in New York who graduated from college in New York, has moved like 4-5 times there, gets to travel the world, went to fashion week, eats a bunch of expensive vegan foods, and earns money from home but your life is so hard and tiring. She looks like she’s about to faint any time she goes back home from doing an errand or something. If shes ungrateful and boring despite all she has , I can’t imagine how she would be if she had nothing of what she has now. She would be suicidal. And she’s been like this even before her breakup so that’s not why she’s like this. I’ve had depression as well, but I’ve always been grateful for what I have. She’s the walking example of the saying “cities kill the soul”. I bet she’s another one of those New York transplants who feel special because they live in New York. How boring must you be that the city you live in is the most special thing about you?

tintinsmate
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by tintinsmate »

DreamyCat wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:54 pm
smartypants wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:28 pm
Her voice annoys me and her gesticulations annoy me. She annoys me. But I don't dislike her.
She sounds like she's on prozac, which is actually plausible since she has talked about depression and i believe she does take medication for it. But seriously, she always sounds like she's making a question at the end of each sentence.
Well, some people talk like that. I, my mother, and my sister, we all talk slower than other people. It's probably a habit which we inherited from my Mom. It doesn't have to be connected to depression, or anything else, people who talk slow and monotone definitely exist :D You are right about ending sentences like a question, but she does that when she's unsure of something I guess.

DreamyCat
Informer
Informer

Post by DreamyCat »

tintinsmate wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:28 am
DreamyCat wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:54 pm
smartypants wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:28 pm
Her voice annoys me and her gesticulations annoy me. She annoys me. But I don't dislike her.
She sounds like she's on prozac, which is actually plausible since she has talked about depression and i believe she does take medication for it. But seriously, she always sounds like she's making a question at the end of each sentence.
Well, some people talk like that. I, my mother, and my sister, we all talk slower than other people. It's probably a habit which we inherited from my Mom. It doesn't have to be connected to depression, or anything else, people who talk slow and monotone definitely exist :D You are right about ending sentences like a question, but she does that when she's unsure of something I guess.
I obviously can’t prove that she talks like that because of her medication or because it’s a bad habit of hers but in all honesty, I think it has more to do with not having any idea about what she’s talking about. It’s like each video for her is a presentation that she didn’t prepare for so she just says any point that comes to mind. She probably wants her videos to be as organic and unscripted as possible but since she’s not very good at public speaking, she just comes across as very slow and monotone. Speaking fluidly is just not something that everyone is good at and I think she would sound a lot more cohesive and less monotone if she prepared a bit what she has to say. She mentioned in one of her latest videos that she’s had a lot of sleep problems for years so not being well rested could be causing brain fog and lack of concentration too which could show in her speech. But again, those are just my assumptions. She has several health problems so that’s why I assume that they contribute towards her flat speech.

hp13
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hp13 »

The thread seems a little dead, but I wanted to see if anyone has talked about Jenny before. There's just something about her that annoys me and the replies here seem to nail exactly how I feel lol I agree with her seeming VERY passive-aggressive with comments and being holier than thou.

I recently watched her vlog where she went back to Colorado during this pandemic. I was shocked to see that not only did she leave a hot spot like New York, but that she's staying in an Airbnb for a month to apparently "keep her family safe". Only two comments called her out for this selfish thinking - one of which got deleted after she replied. She said something along the lines of respecting that they'd unsubscribed but she's stayed home the whole 7 weeks of quarantine so far. Just because YOU didn't leave your apartment doesn't mean your roommate didn't or that you possibly weren't exposed via the delivery person when you order your takeout. It just seemed like the reality of exposing others/being exposed to this virus was something that couldn't seep into her privileged head.

I'm sort of surprised how many people were fawning over her in the comments. She's probably the most boring YouTuber I've come across in the past year. Idk there was just something that felt weird in that vlog to me with her. It really came across like she was just bored spending time in NYC and decided to go to Colorado for a change of scenery.

georgiamay
Learner
Learner

Post by georgiamay »

hp13 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:43 am
The thread seems a little dead, but I wanted to see if anyone has talked about Jenny before. There's just something about her that annoys me and the replies here seem to nail exactly how I feel lol I agree with her seeming VERY passive-aggressive with comments and being holier than thou.

I recently watched her vlog where she went back to Colorado during this pandemic. I was shocked to see that not only did she leave a hot spot like New York, but that she's staying in an Airbnb for a month to apparently "keep her family safe". Only two comments called her out for this selfish thinking - one of which got deleted after she replied. She said something along the lines of respecting that they'd unsubscribed but she's stayed home the whole 7 weeks of quarantine so far. Just because YOU didn't leave your apartment doesn't mean your roommate didn't or that you possibly weren't exposed via the delivery person when you order your takeout. It just seemed like the reality of exposing others/being exposed to this virus was something that couldn't seep into her privileged head.

I'm sort of surprised how many people were fawning over her in the comments. She's probably the most boring YouTuber I've come across in the past year. Idk there was just something that felt weird in that vlog to me with her. It really came across like she was just bored spending time in NYC and decided to go to Colorado for a change of scenery.
the comment is still up actually - personally i thought she handled it quite well, she didn't seem that passive aggressive to me.

i'm kinda torn here, as i can somewhat understand her. i've been considering going somewhere that would be better for my mental health, but i get that it's selfish so for now i'm staying home. but i'm not from the us, here the situation is much less serious and since last week we're allowed to move around as long as we're wearing masks.

i've only been reading local news for a while to save myself from going insane - are people in nyc still not allowed to go outside at all (besides stuff like groceries of course)?

DreamyCat
Informer
Informer

Post by DreamyCat »

hp13 wrote:

I haven’t watched that video because even before watching it I thought it was very selfish. I watched part of her latest video in which she talks about her break up (again) and at the beginning it seemed like she was trying to defend herself in regards to moving back to Colorado. She was saying that it was because her chronic illness got worse and that she realized she was privileged and yada yada yada. I’m not sure how her chronic illness relates towards getting out of a corona virus hotspot to go back to her comfy home state, maybe I’m missing something because she didn’t elaborate at all. She just said that she moved back because of her illness, which again, didn’t explain why. (She said she was having flare ups? Didn’t explain what kind of flare ups and I find it very convenient that her illness got worse precisely at this time when she is at home doing nothing. But that’s my assumption, I know). Seemed like an excuse to me but I could be wrong.

As for her boring attitude, I used to really like her channel 2-3 years ago but it seems like over time she just gets more bland. She had better style, did more look books and fashion videos and now it seems like she wants to veer into the whole self-help side of YouTube which made me unsubscribe from her. I’m tired of rich young girls who have no goals in life talking about productivity, self love, and all of that bullshit. You can tell someone is lost when they start falling into a bunch of bull about feelings, spirituality, self love, acceptance, and new world order uwu crap. All of her YouTuber friends do the same kind of self help videos, how more boring and cliche can she get?
georgiamay wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:51 am
hp13 wrote:

the comment is still up actually - personally i thought she handled it quite well, she didn't seem that passive aggressive to me.

i'm kinda torn here, as i can somewhat understand her. i've been considering going somewhere that would be better for my mental health, but i get that it's selfish so for now i'm staying home. but i'm not from the us, here the situation is much less serious and since last week we're allowed to move around as long as we're wearing masks.

i've only been reading local news for a while to save myself from going insane - are people in nyc still not allowed to go outside at all (besides stuff like groceries of course)?
Here it also depends on which state you live. Like in my state, things haven’t gotten too bad but New York has gotten the worse part of this in all of America so yeah, it’s pretty selfish to be someone that lives there and only now deciding that it’s a good time to go. People don’t realize that you can be asymptomatic: you could have the virus and not present any symptom but you can still spread it to others. If I’m correct she said that she maintained herself isolated but she hasn’t tested herself to confirm that she doesn’t have it. She could be spreading it and not even know it. Even if that’s not the case, it’s still pretty selfish and I agree with the previous comment that said that it seemed like she just left because she wanted a change of scenery.

toadstool
Learner
Learner

Post by toadstool »

In her tagged photos there are pics of her on a river rafting trip with many people??? Like pandemic is still happening but traveling from NYC to stay in Air BNB’s in Colorado and then going on a river rafting trip is totally not privileged at all and totally an ok thing to do right now. Also she’s promoting some BS “detox” supplement.
45B9D3A1-3153-4F7B-8760-5AB7A3521919.jpeg
35B2F331-D053-4199-9F3C-4D1996B920CC.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DreamyCat
Informer
Informer

Post by DreamyCat »

toadstool wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:37 am
In her tagged photos there are pics of her on a river rafting trip with many people??? Like pandemic is still happening but traveling from NYC to stay in Air BNB’s in Colorado and then going on a river rafting trip is totally not privileged at all and totally an ok thing to do right now. Also she’s promoting some BS “detox” supplement.
Im honestly not surprised. Most of these online “activists” are hypocritical social justice warriors who think they are being virtuous by reposting ill informed social justice posts from other people. Most of them don’t actually practice what they preach, they just care about looking good. So, according to her, she left New York because she was having flare ups, but now she’s river rafting? Lmao Just don’t say anything or say that you were tired of New York and you wanted to leave. Not that hard. But I guess Ms. Virtuous can’t have that since it shows she’s not the informed, sustainable, liberal, and environmentally aware activist that she wants to be seen as. I’ve said this on other threads but the pandemic is really showing the true colors of a lot of hypocrites.

Is it me or she’s been looking really rough lately? I decided to watch some of her older videos and holy shit, she looked so good before. Her skin wasn’t so blotchy, and she didn’t look as tired and dehydrated as she does now. She’s getting that flabby malnourished vegan look. I am her age and she is aging a lot faster than me. If she keeps detoxing so much her soul might come out too 😂 . Detoxes are a scam, you already have an organ that detoxes things for you and it’s called the liver. But for people like her, as long as it says “vegan” and “organic”, it must be good....

Gummo_Sevigny
Informer
Informer

Post by Gummo_Sevigny »

toadstool wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:37 am
I can't believe these brands actually pay this dry ass no personality having broad :roll: She always looks like she's got shit on face, yuck :?
THESE HOES AIN'T LOYAL

halfmoonswrath
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by halfmoonswrath »

DreamyCat wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:50 pm
Gummo_Sevigny wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:54 pm
She's moving, again. Of course all she did was bitch and complain how much "work" she has do. Oh, and she went NYFW. Life must be sooo hard for her :roll: Anyone who has moved the amount of the times she has and in NYC is pretty lucky. And no, she looks nothing like Frida. Bitch wish she did :rofl:

She’s so privileged yet she always has the attitude of a poor, depressed person who has it soooo hard. Not saying she should act all happy and cherry all of a sudden, but damn, she can move so often in one of the most expensive places in the world yet she complains about how much she has to do, how many apartments she looked at, getting approved for leases, etc. Yeah, those are adult concerns but I rarely see her be grateful for what she has. She always has the same scowl on her face as she talks about self love, stress, self care and me me me me stuff. I’ve seen other youtubers with less subscribers than her doing videos about moving and even though moving might be tiring, they are excited and express how grateful they feel that they get to move somewhere else.
Yeah Jenny, you’re a 24 year old white girl living in New York who graduated from college in New York, has moved like 4-5 times there, gets to travel the world, went to fashion week, eats a bunch of expensive vegan foods, and earns money from home but your life is so hard and tiring. She looks like she’s about to faint any time she goes back home from doing an errand or something. If shes ungrateful and boring despite all she has , I can’t imagine how she would be if she had nothing of what she has now. She would be suicidal. And she’s been like this even before her breakup so that’s not why she’s like this. I’ve had depression as well, but I’ve always been grateful for what I have. She’s the walking example of the saying “cities kill the soul”. I bet she’s another one of those New York transplants who feel special because they live in New York. How boring must you be that the city you live in is the most special thing about you?
She has POTS, so any activity that involves standing up and especially moving around actually can cause her to faint. I used to LOVE her and find so much peace and comfort in her videos but they are getting harder and harder to watch. I’m also guessing her going back to Colorado because of her POTS flare ups probably has a lot to do with 1) wanting to be back with a doctor who has been treating her since she was a teenager and 2) cutting down on stressors/anxieties that make her chronic illness worse.
Last edited by halfmoonswrath on Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

g_gurl21
Debater
Debater

Post by g_gurl21 »

She probs loved the bleached-brow IG filter, but irl…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sufficientcontact
Informer
Informer

Post by sufficientcontact »

I know this thread is mostly dead but I started watching her moving vlogs and I'm a little shook she downsized so much from her gorgeous art deco two bedroom w/ living room, dining room, laundry room... into this teeeeny tiny "cabin." the style of the cabin is cute but it's the fraction of the size she had before. where's she gonna put her 923892 hobbies? lol

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

I don’t have any actual evidence for this, it’s just a vibe I get from her and it’s just my opinion…

She strikes me as one of those people who likes to intentionally start arguments. You know those people who like to poke the bear or say controversial things, just to get a reaction out of someone? Or who will get offended at everything and use it as a control mechanism so people have to walk on eggshells around her? Or who will be so overly PC to the point of just not even being PC anymore?

I know this is going to sound so weird and it’s an odd example, but even her eyebrows are an example of this. It’s like she knows she would look 10x better if she trimmed them, but she’s just leaving them like that just to be contrary and prove an point and like “I’m such a feminist!” 🙄 The irony being that no one actually cares about eyebrows and her spitefulness is just affecting herself lol. It’s as if she’s BAITING people to say something, so then she can get all mock-offended.

Return to “V-Z”