Opinions on Bethany

hambo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Opinions on Bethany

Post by hambo »

I can see why she has reached 3 million subs, which is more than I can say for the wave of newer Youtubers who seem to just know how to act like Youtube celebrities and spew out collab after collab but are reaching 1 million in a heart beat.

Morena_p
Informer
Informer

Post by Morena_p »

I like her a lot and I can see why she's popular she's relatable to a lot of teenagers... uses drugstore makeup and her videos are well edited....

However as a 22 year old, I can't really relate to her... I don't use a lot of drugstore makeup and her outfits seem too childish for me. Like her school series is cute for someone who's in middle/high school but as someone who's going into their last year of college... her advice is useless.

maybe_its_photoshop
Debater
Debater

Post by maybe_its_photoshop »

First fall video is up when there's still an ENTIRE month of summer left. what the fuck, why does every guru do this
it doesn't have to be forever... just as long as i'm the name, on your tattooed heart ♥
[9.14.12]

ruby_x
Informer
Informer

Post by ruby_x »

maybe_its_photoshop wrote:First fall video is up when there's still an ENTIRE month of summer left. what the fuck, why does every guru do this
Ugh I know! To me that's just as bad as walking into Walmart in August and seeing Halloween stuff already for sale

guitarhero
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by guitarhero »

what was the point of a fall morning routine?

hipster
Debater
Debater

Post by hipster »

guitarhero wrote:what was the point of a fall morning routine?
To make more money. She's running out of ideas. Wait for Halloween to roll around and bam! More videos

blueyellowpink
Learner
Learner

Post by blueyellowpink »

I can't wait for her halloween videos. If there is one thing she can do its those tutorials.

LadyDaydream
Talker
Talker

Post by LadyDaydream »

I wish she was closer to an age I could relate to or at least acted like it. Whoever edits/films her videos does a great job. The only problem is she's way too teeny bopper for me to relate to

ggnu
Learner
Learner

Post by ggnu »

I'm actually a tiny bit younger than her and even I can't relate myself to her. But overall I think she's fun to watch.

Queso
Learner
Learner

Post by Queso »

I personally think Bethany seems like a friendly and nice person.. but one of those friendly and nice people who is so incredibly friendly that it gets annoying after awhile. She probably isn't all that bad off camera.. but on camera she seems so desperate to fit in and talk like one of those annoying tumblr hipsters. (No offense to any tumblr hipsters here on GG) I do appreciate her bubbly-ness though. I can only really relate to that.

indielux
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by indielux »

I'm a teenager who is younger than Beth and I cant stand her videos anymore. I used to look at her videos like they were the beauty bible. But she is soooo fake and she's so immature for her age. I think her aeropostale line is nothing new ideas are being recycled from past seasons . :roll:

BeautyGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by BeautyGirl »

I agree with indielux. I used to like her in the very beginning. But I swear she's the one who started the whole, overly excited, loud obnoxious persona all gurus feel they have to have to gain subscribers. I know a lot of people feel it started with Blair but I think it started with Bethany. She is way too fake and over produced now. She doesn't come up with her own anything for her videos. The DIYs, the looks, etc, is all someone else. None of it is really her. I think her being so private makes it seem more real to preteens and young teens.

I want to be happy for her having her own line, but how much of it is really her? How much of it was her hard work? And how much of it was everybody behind the scenes with her just as the face?

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

I think she is one of the prettiest girl from youtube. I really like her look. And she looks gorgeous with and without make-up, unlike some of the other gurus (*cough* Zoe)
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

audreystone
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by audreystone »

marie_antoinette wrote:
ggnu wrote: If she would tell how much money she earns from being on yt, she would be considered to brag and god knows what. Also it isn't very polite to talk about your income to begin with, at least where I'm from.
I didn't mean that she should talk about it in her videos etc, I meant that she acts if she's only in it for fun which I find hard to believe. She just doesn't seem real to me.
^ It would be hard for her not to be in it for the money. She makes roughly 25,000$ per video.

audreystone
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by audreystone »

Sorry not 25,000$ but she does make thousands per*

cottonwood
Learner
Learner

Post by cottonwood »

honestly when i started watching beauty users on youtube i despised bethany. i hated her 'randomness' which wasn't random at all.

but alas, here i am subscribed to her. she is just so damn consistent with the quality and content of her videos. she's always enthusiastic and enjoyable to watch. also i think it's admirable she takes the time to film in potentially awkward crowded places.

i'm not going to be taking her fashion or beauty advice or anything but i enjoy watching her and i can see how much she cares about her channel and subbies and how much she puts into her videos. she's genuine, hard working and a nice girl. i can see why so many people are subscribed to her

Ehh-
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Ehh- »

Omg she is sooooo fricken annoying ok like I use to love her but now she's so immature like gurl grow up she's like what 16 but acts like she's 5 Ug like I hate her so much

audreystone
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by audreystone »

^ Pretty sure she's closer to 19

jwilson721
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by jwilson721 »

Eloquence wrote:"& You guys know Im like OBSESSED with coral"
"& You guys know Im like OBSESSED with the color pink"
"& You guys know Im like OBSESSED with high waisted shorts"
The list goes on and on........
AHAHA SOO TRUE :rofl:

amg9718
Learner
Learner

Post by amg9718 »

She is literally a 6 year old child. That is all I have to say.

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”