Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: imjennjolliffe / Jenn Im Part 7

Post by bearnevada »

deeplymoisturizing wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:25 pm
Yo her new video gives me Ashley vibes. The whole zooming in on her reaction, meme-y text caption on screen stuff. Even the standing in front of the camera and moving around, the quick cuts between talking on cam and voiceover, it's so Ashley. I mean I know Ashley didn't invent this style, but just from context, with Ashley being the new it-girl of the youtube fashion community, their closeness and all, it's hard not to assume Jenn's copying her. That's really sad. Jenn used to be the copy-ee, not the copy-er.
I commented that she copied Ashley under the video and a bunch of Jenn stans said it was a common editing style... like...no................she's definitely copying Ashley

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

bearnevada wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:33 pm
Yo her new video gives me Ashley vibes. The whole zooming in on her reaction, meme-y text caption on screen stuff. Even the standing in front of the camera and moving around, the quick cuts between talking on cam and voiceover, it's so Ashley. I mean I know Ashley didn't invent this style, but just from context, with Ashley being the new it-girl of the youtube fashion community, their closeness and all, it's hard not to assume Jenn's copying her. That's really sad. Jenn used to be the copy-ee, not the copy-er.
I commented that she copied Ashley under the video and a bunch of Jenn stans said it was a common editing style... like...no................she's definitely copying Ashley
i think that's a reach tbh... it does seems like a common editing style lol and yeah ashley didnt invent that, many youtubers has done it and is doing it. it's more of following the trend and you got to admit ashley isnt a trendsetter either as much as she likes to pretend that she's unique and quirky. that girl owns and wears the trendiest instagram model clothes i.e. just like every other typical fashion influencer in the scene.

back to jenn, i watched her newest video and it was so dry and boring, not to mention the make up look is tragic. i just hate how she talked about sunscreen as if it's so important to her. she said she'll put sunscreen on even if she's out for 5 minutes but girl you need to put sunscreen even if you're NOT going out. her house is literally always sunny with all the huge windows and she films with direct sunlight!! these youtubers trying to give skincare advises... ugh.

astarialexi
Lurker
Lurker

Post by astarialexi »

kimdoyeon wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:07 pm
bearnevada wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:33 pm
i think that's a reach tbh... it does seems like a common editing style lol and yeah ashley didnt invent that, many youtubers has done it and is doing it. it's more of following the trend and you got to admit ashley isnt a trendsetter either as much as she likes to pretend that she's unique and quirky. that girl owns and wears the trendiest instagram model clothes i.e. just like every other typical fashion influencer in the scene.

back to jenn, i watched her newest video and it was so dry and boring, not to mention the make up look is tragic. i just hate how she talked about sunscreen as if it's so important to her. she said she'll put sunscreen on even if she's out for 5 minutes but girl you need to put sunscreen even if you're NOT going out. her house is literally always sunny with all the huge windows and she films with direct sunlight!! these youtubers trying to give skincare advises... ugh.
She said a lot of things on that video, but I didn't remeber a thing. It's like she was rambling just for the sake of rambling.

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer

Post by Saturnangela7878 »

Uh wasn’t she trying to tan in one of her videos to even out her skin tone lol. I think it was her shoulders and neck area.

She definitely amassed skin damage from all the uva light she receives inside her house she either has no curtains or doesn’t ever close them...she never applies enough sunscreen to her face and she’s an idiot ... she got maybe spf5 on random parts of her face. You’re supposed to apply an even layer and she’s using it so sparingly. That small tube shouldn’t be lasting that long. Not to mention you have to reapply every 2 hrs since she’s probably using a chemical sunscreen made in America. Nowadays you have to use European or Japanese sunscreens for real protection

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

lotus wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:38 pm
:rofl: oh yea lol sorry !! *blonde moment*
lol yeah, my bad. I said I was glad she was no longer spending much time with Jenn & Co

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer

i find it so funny that she's giving skincare advice when she all she uses is over-priced products like the mer cream.. she must spend at least a thousand dollars a year if not more just on face creams. she owes her skin to her GENETICS. she can't apply sunscreen properly to save her life lol. she applies 1/10th of the amount

jewelkitty
Talker
Talker

Post by jewelkitty »

Saturnangela7878 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:03 am
i find it so funny that she's giving skincare advice when she all she uses is over-priced products like the mer cream.. she must spend at least a thousand dollars a year if not more just on face creams. she owes her skin to her GENETICS. she can't apply sunscreen properly to save her life lol. she applies 1/10th of the amount
Agree except she doesn't spend a thousand dollars a year on skincare because she gets it all for free, she just expects her loyal followers to shell out that kind of money for that obscenely overpriced crap :roll:

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

Saturnangela7878 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:03 am
she's lucky to have normal skin (neither dry nor oily), but her overpriced skincare products are obviously not doing anything for her. that's what happens when you don't have any major skin problems, you take your skin for granted and not take care of it well. she has very small eyes which are less prone to wrinkles but damn her crows feet are serious!! i used to think she has good skin simply because she doesnt have acne but in her recent videos, whenever she smiles..... those wrinkles are difficult to unsee. considering she's using very high end anti-aging products like sk-ii, la mer, her skin isn't good actually. but what do i expect after seeing how she applies sunscreen.

Lucyu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Lucyu »

Did anyone watch her part on Kygo's Not OK music video? Thoughts?

deeplymoisturizing
Learner
Learner

Post by deeplymoisturizing »

1. Was she drunk, high, cumming, or all three?
2. Was she acting orrrrr

To be fair though, she was one of the less cringier actresses. But the whole video in general was cringy to me lol

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer

Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:01 am
2. Was she acting orrrrr

To be fair though, she was one of the less cringier actresses. But the whole video in general was cringy to me lol
It looked like she was cumming lol but she was trying to look like she’s high ?? It reminded me of her sex vid where she’s getting fingered... how unfortunate

frizzzx86
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by frizzzx86 »

Saturnangela7878 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:11 am
2. Was she acting orrrrr

It looked like she was cumming lol but she was trying to look like she’s high ?? It reminded me of her sex vid where she’s getting fingered... how unfortunate
yikes lol. y was she cross-eyed??

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

She looked like that ahegao face lol

onlypretty
Learner
Learner

Post by onlypretty »

Saturnangela7878 wrote:
2. Was she acting orrrrr

wait what

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer

onlypretty wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:13 pm
Saturnangela7878 wrote:
2. Was she acting orrrrr

wait what
viewtopic.php?f=714&t=644&start=25

babybunny99
Talker
Talker

Post by babybunny99 »

Lucyu wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:53 pm
I got so much second hand embarrassment. I guess there really is nothing she won't do for money at this point. (I am assuming she got paid)

chena
Informer
Informer

Post by chena »

babybunny99 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:18 pm
Lucyu wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:53 pm
I got so much second hand embarrassment. I guess there really is nothing she won't do for money at this point. (I am assuming she got paid)
OMG. Second and third and fourth hand embarrassment! She must have gotten inspiration from her s** tape? Or was that the reason why she was chosen for the part? Eeeek!

jewelkitty
Talker
Talker

Post by jewelkitty »

Ok Jenn in that music video was beyond mortifying - what the actual hell was that? Looks like she was was somewhere between an orgasm and an exorcism, awfullllllllll.

Her June Favourites was the first video of hers I've watch in full in ages and I swear she is getting even more stupid? Like she's on a constant decline in intelligence. I felt like I was listening to a 15 year old valley girl.

frizzzx86
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by frizzzx86 »

so jenn loses a lot of expensive stuff and lost (Then found) her ring. why do i think this is all alcohol related? as a recovering alcoholic i can say i would also lose a lot of stuff either because i was drunk and lost stuff, or because i drank so much i became very very forgetful. :( :(

my_melody_melo
Learner
Learner

Post by my_melody_melo »

The eye-roll in her thumbnail... She's definitely trying to rebrand herself, I guess in hopes of trying to appear younger/trendier. Her recent editing reminds me of Emma Chamberlain, bestdressed, and other youtubers in that category. Also, the super forced and odd clip of her in this vlog @3:51. I can't.
I don't know, I'm almost 10 years younger than her and some of the shit she says just has me so taken... She's been pretty stagnant throughout the years and her "cool-girl" edge has definitely dissipated with time.

Return to “Jenn Im”