I make a simple suggestion and the swamp fam gets upset

bookkeeper
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I make a simple suggestion and the swamp fam gets upset

Post by bookkeeper »

Firstly, I'm sorry if this is unworthy of its own thread. It seems that pt. 22 has its own conversations going on and I don't want to butt in with something unrelated.

As a bit of background, I was subbed to bunny for a few years a while back. I stumbled upon her DTTRW videos, which I did enjoy. But my sub went from genuine interest to watching an odd, almost pitiful, woman in her 30s do strange things. I stayed subbed for maybe another six months after that and then grew tired of her content. I never thought I'd have to think of her again, until today.

I had completely forgotten (most likely due to the nonsensical algorithms Lord Zuckerberg forces upon us) that I followed her on Instagram, until this morning when I was scrolling through my feed and saw her back to school giveaway post. I'm sure this has been beaten to death here, but it is such a frivolous waste that could be done in a much better way. I d̶e̶c̶i̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ committed the unforgivable sin against bun bunz by leaving a comment stating that she ought to divide the ridiculous amount of school supplies into several giveaways, or perhaps donate some of it to local schools or libraries.

Needless to say, the swamp family was not happy to have their matron criticized.

When I got back from work and opened Instagram I had a truckload of comments waiting for me from outraged "family" members (side note, I hated how she called her subscribers her "family," it seriously bothered me). Basically, these comments boiled down to:

1) "I'm a mom of [obscene amount of kids] and we could use all of this."
What the fuck are you doing watching a channel designed for 12 year olds then?! Also, why are you entering a giveaway like this that is clearly designed for school-age children? Ok yeah, your kids will get the prizes, but get them to enter or even say something like "I'm entering for my son/daughter who is too young to use Instagram." And also, don't go around defending a grown ass adult against a polite suggestion! Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with these people?!

2) [Brat voice]"Well if you care so much why don't you enter the giveaway and donate it?"[/Brat voice]
Well a) I'm 22 years old and don't need 2 metric tons of school supplies, b) my Instagram is private (mainly because of people like this) and I'm not unprivating it, and c) that doesn't solve the problem of this excuse-to-satisfy-bunny's-money-spending-fetish-masquerading-as-a-giveaway being utterly stupid.

3) iTs hER mOnEY ShE cAN dO wHAt sHe WanTs hOW dArE YOu CrITIciZe hEr fOR bEINg NicE
It's my comment, I can do what I want. And what I want to do is point out how stupid this whole thing is.

This whole post may seem like a rant but ugh I am just so disgusted that there are grown-ass ADULTS defending this immature bratty washed up 33 year old who makes cringy videos to entertain preteen girls (I could make a whole other thread on how utterly disturbing the implications of bunz' influence on these kids is... :barf: )

tl;dr :FU:

sadoilfield
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: I make a simple suggestion and the swamp fam gets upset

Post by sadoilfield »

I feel you on this. Her school supplies giveaway is ridiculous as is the stuff she gives on Halloween. To her, it’s not about generosity it’s about buying tons of shit because buying tons of shit is her fetish. Yes and all her Swamp fam are dumb as hell for defending her stupidity. I’ve read thru her comments and many people offer advice and suggestions for her and unless it’s not about spending money uselessly or some other selfish shit she ignores all of those suggestions. During the hurricane after math she talked about buying plushies for kids who were affected. Why would you want to buy plushies when you have the $$$ to donate cash to help the families who were displaced?

nikirose87
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nikirose87 »

metric tons of school supplies :rofl:

last year she had that fucking huge tie dye or whatever backpack.. like.. who needs that?! and if it actually were.. needed things it would be slightly more acceptable. Bunny could buy a local school it's supplies for a YEAR or more.

bookkeeper
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bookkeeper »

nikirose87 wrote:metric tons of school supplies :rofl:

last year she had that fucking huge tie dye or whatever backpack.. like.. who needs that?! and if it actually were.. needed things it would be slightly more acceptable. Bunny could buy a local school it's supplies for a YEAR or more.
You bring up a very good point about this stuff more and more being ridiculous things that barely qualify as school supplies. Also, I opened insta this morning expecting this to be over and done with and there were still like 10 new comments! These people are rabid!

booboo90
Talker
Talker

Post by booboo90 »

I wonder how many people that are entering the giveaway would just sell it on anyways? She could donate it to the schools in Africa which have barely anything, or even local schools that have high poverty rates among students. She could even make a series (as we all know how much you tubers like series :roll: ) about visiting/helping out these schools - not just in terms of donating items but volunteering her time. Or another idea, donating it to women’s shelters, where the women and children have had to leave awful situations with nothing.

I think the problem with doing a random winner, is that someone very privileged and one who could afford to buy it themselves could potentially win.

Sosi
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Sosi »

It's like -you not allowed to have an opinion and "bully" their bunny ,but they are allowed to be nusty and mean to others that don't think like them.i really hope those kids just write these stuff online and not really believe in it,or I hop they will grow up and understand what's wrong

bookkeeper
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bookkeeper »

Sosi wrote:It's like -you not allowed to have an opinion and "bully" their bunny ,but they are allowed to be nusty and mean to others that don't think like them.i really hope those kids just write these stuff online and not really believe in it,or I hop they will grow up and understand what's wrong
I agree, they are still leaving comments! These people are in a C U L T cult!

bookkeeper
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bookkeeper »

Y'ALL they are STILL at it :bhd:

Return to “grav3yardgirl”