Re: Asian MUAs feedsback

Post by Lotusflower1 »

Cringecutie wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:01 pm
Zeldafromda9 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:13 am

What were the best tips didnt learn much from refashion beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have anything specific that you want to know, I’ll be happy to share them with you. I just don’t think it’ll be right to share all her tips lol but if you be a bit more specific I’ll try and help

What are the powders and concealers she used or recommended? i have texture and creasing under my eyes, is there any tips she shared i feel like iv tried everything? Appreciate your advice

Cringecutie
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by Cringecutie »

Lotusflower1 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:24 pm
Cringecutie wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:01 pm

Kevyn aucoin sse
Tarte shape tape concealer
Huda beauty baking powder

If you have anything specific that you want to know, I’ll be happy to share them with you. I just don’t think it’ll be right to share all her tips lol but if you be a bit more specific I’ll try and help

What are the powders and concealers she used or recommended? i have texture and creasing under my eyes, is there any tips she shared i feel like iv tried everything? Appreciate your advice

mina87
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mina87 »

Hey. Just wondering what the going rate for party hair and make up is. Had a quote for 170 for two days from a well known MUA but she is unavailable on the days I need. Found one on insta with 2k followers and thought she seems OK and asked her as well. And she also charges 160?!

mina87
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mina87 »

Also wanted to share my own deposit story from 2012 when I was getting married. Booked azbah makeup artist. She took £50 deposit as was normal back then. Told me she 3 other brides same morning and she would be coming to me at 5am!

I agreed.

But my dad passed away. The wedding was therefore cancelled for the unforeseeable future (ended up happening 2014)
The wedding day was still 8 months away so it wasn't like she could fill that slot and already had 3 brides on the day

She did NOT return my refund. I was super skint back then as I had just started a job and hadn't even had first pay check. Plus the cost of funeral (paying for food to come mosque etc) and I've never forgiven her for this.

This woman is super religious yet did this. No.morals. don't care how nice her work is I refused to book her again

Cringecutie
Learner
Learner

Post by Cringecutie »

My cousin had makeup by sofi for her nikkah makeup and I really do recommend her. She charged £250 for nikkah makeup and I definitely think it was well worth it. It looked flawless in real life but also photographed beautifully. Her work looked the exact same in person as it did to what she posted on Instagram. Definitely recommend her. She made sure the makeup complemented everything beautifully. It was not cakey at all. She overlined her lips and made them visually much more plumper but it was so natural looking - no harsh lines or anything. I really do recommend her. She is a bit pricey for party makeup compared to the other artists but I genuinely think you get what you pay for. I was honestly set on beauty.by.Aisha for my bridal makeup but I think I would go for sofi now as she is much more reasonably priced and I’ve seen her work in real life.

WontHoldBack
Learner
Learner

Post by WontHoldBack »

I didn’t realise this thread was still open.

Herefordatea342
Learner
Learner

Post by Herefordatea342 »

Please can we have prices for these big muas as I got married in november 2021 and I was charged £1200 by shaneeq bridal…..anybody else got any other prices ??

unknownunknown
Learner
Learner

Post by unknownunknown »

Yes I'd like to know too.
Anyone know how much shama malik makeupbykulz charge ?,

Zeldafromda9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Zeldafromda9 »

Herefordatea342 wrote:Please can we have prices for these big muas as I got married in november 2021 and I was charged £1200 by shaneeq bridal…..anybody else got any other prices ??
Wow that’s pricey

Herefordatea342
Learner
Learner

unknownunknown wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:05 pm
Yes I'd like to know too.
Anyone know how much shama malik makeupbykulz charge ?,
Shama is £550 for makeup only. And kulz makeup is so shit. Saw it in real and was laughing at how her attitude is so shitty and so is her makeup. Kulz once posted something along the lines of ‘im the best mua in yorkshire now’ once she did a course with dreamingdahlia lol. Like fuck off, go lookafter your kid u old hag

Zeldafromda9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Zeldafromda9 »

I know a girl that got her makeup done by Aisha and wasn’t that great I don’t think she can do makeup on darker complexions tbh

Teaspillers
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Teaspillers »

Maybe just maybe 2022 can be the year where we don’t pay over inflated prices for these tax cheats just to get treated like rubbish when they finally turn up.

I know it used to be that non Asian artists couldn’t do bridal makeup but unless you want to look like a drag queen on your big day you would be better off hiring someone who knows their craft, charges a reasonable amount, makes a proper booking and doesn’t expect to be treated like a celebrity on YOUR big day.

Mx10
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mx10 »

Herefordatea342 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:26 pm
Please can we have prices for these big muas as I got married in november 2021 and I was charged £1200 by shaneeq bridal…..anybody else got any other prices ??

Do you know what lashes she used on you by any chance??

Herefordatea342
Learner
Learner

Mx10 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:37 am
Herefordatea342 wrote:

Do you know what lashes she used on you by any chance??
They were from ebay. I expected huda beauty at least!

Mx10
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mx10 »

Oh wow I thought she’d use high end ones! Shocking

MakeupXface
Learner
Learner

Post by MakeupXface »

Mx10 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:52 am
Oh wow I thought she’d use high end ones! Shocking
@anamfalak does the traditional Pakistan style look she charged me £500 with hair however she travels back and forth alot so worth getting dates from her

94Hannah94_
Informer
Informer

Post by 94Hannah94_ »

Who are good MUAs to book for party and bridal etc x

94Hannah94_
Informer
Informer

Post by 94Hannah94_ »

Hightea wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:53 am
Does anyone know what happened to dreamingdahlia?? She’s just disappeared since last year. And when people were asking on her comments if she’s still taking bookings she deleted them?

I wanted to book her for parties and weddings

Cringecutie
Learner
Learner

Post by Cringecutie »

Herefordatea342 wrote:
That’s a lot! Were you happy with the outcome though? In terms of in person and on camera/video?

Makeup by sofi isn’t as big yet as the others, but for nikkah makeup she charged £250 makeup only which is reasonable I think. This doesn’t include travel cost though.

Cringecutie
Learner
Learner

Post by Cringecutie »

Has anyone seen shama_Maliks work in person? I’m really drawn her to.

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”