Andrea Matillano

lemon cakes
Talker
Talker

Re: Andrea Matillano

Post by lemon cakes »

I can’t watch this person. Her voice is so off-putting to me and she has no personality-at all. It’s like watching paint dry, but then I begin to get pissed off, not sure why..but I do.

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

annapolly wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:35 am
Does anyone know her ethnicity. I thought Matillano was a Tagalog name but she doesn’t look Asian?
I'm pretty sure she said her father is Filipino when she was explaining how to pronounce her last name.

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by alwaysspillingtea »

She is part Filipino. A few months ago, she mentioned in a video that her dad is full Filipino. I think she said her mom is white but I could be wrong. I just watch her videos because I do trust her reviews, but I do agree that her videos are too repetitive which makes her channel come off as kinda boring.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

SHE IS TOTAL CRINGE
HER VOICE IS ANNOYING

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

You guys should totally count how many times she says “this is beautiful” in EVERY video!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

itsfuntobemean wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:12 pm
You guys should totally count how many times she says “this is beautiful” in EVERY video!!

Or "this is such high quality"!!

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Does anyone know if YouTube is her full time job?

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

itsfuntobemean wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:40 pm
Does anyone know if YouTube is her full time job?

I know she ran a nail polish company, Tillie Polish, with her two sisters many years ago, but I'm 99% certain that it's shut down (their last IG & twitter post was over 4 years ago). She does have a business degree, but I have no idea if she has another job now. She doesn't really film any Q&As, vlogs, or anything outside of beauty. I'm curious to know if she has a job as well, she posts so regularly that I think not.

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

I wonder what her husband does for work. Andrea is one of the beauty YouTubers who seems like she does YouTube more for the enjoyment of it rather than for money.

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

So I watched a few of her chit chat GRWMs from 2ish years ago, and I think she does have a job. She simply mentioned that some weeks can be stressful between work, posting for Youtube, family obligations, etc. She never exactly said what the job was though. Minus a few health / weight loss videos awhile back, she's fairly private about her life, a route that most gurus are forgoing to show their babies and become more lifestyle focused. Even if she doesn't talk about it, I can respect Andrea for still workin a 9-5 and posting very regularly, compared to people like Jambeauty (speaking of, whoa Jess, lookin rough up there!), who quit for Youtube and become completely unrelatable, not even wearing makeup most of the time!

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

The main reason why I watch her videos is because I find her relatable. But I also find her to be a bit boring sometimes. I always felt like she seemed awkward and uncomfortable in her GRWMs lol.

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Yeah her brows are always looking really unnatural. Sometimes they look transparent to me lol. I think she should look into microblading.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

I cannot explain now much I hate how she applies her under-eye eyeshadow and her wings. She needs to drop the wing and practice on how to smudge out that lower lash line. It's all I can look at when her video plays.

CertainSparrow
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by CertainSparrow »

I watch Andrea’s videos regularly but I don’t know why. She’s likeable but I find myself tuning out halfway through because her videos aren’t that useful to me. She repeats herself / talks in circles constantly, and I feel like I never learn much from her. Her opinions about products are very surface level, and really that’s the overall vibe I get from her channel: surface level. I can’t think of anything unique she has to offer honestly.

I’ll have her videos on in the background but I doubt I’ll keep trying to actively watch.

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

I do like Andrea because she is relatable and I do trust her reviews but I do agree she is kinda boring. I get tired of her everyday makeup drawer videos because they’re just so repetitive and she posts them often.

KSGirl4Ever
Talker
Talker

Post by KSGirl4Ever »

Andrea always sounds and looks like she's reading a teleprompter. So scripted and rehearsed on top of talking too fast. I stopped watching her because of that. I also can respect privacy but I feel like she doesnt let us know her at all.

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

I like Andrea. I think she looks good with her hair up too but I do get annoyed about how she doesn't let her subscribers get to know her more. Also I find her to be very predictable, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but I just know what to always expect from any video of her's. I wish she were more open too.

brookenichole
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by brookenichole »

I'm shocked Andrea's thread it so dead! She's very informative but god damn, she is so boring. Like a comment above says, sounds like she's ready a script. I'm annoyed by all of the Rakuten ads, seems like ALL her videos are sponsored by Rakuten...

smartypants80
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smartypants80 »

I just started watching her and I don't think I will continue. How does she make so many videos without ever looking any different or actually using any makeup??? She is always wearing a pink sparkly eye look. No matter what palette she uses.

Plus her rushed monotone voice is cringe worthy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

She's still running a channel? Color me surprised. She's so bland.. for lack of a better word.. :|

Return to “A-E”