FashionMumblr and the guy-you-want-to-punch-in-the-face #1

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FashionMumblr and the guy-you-want-to-punch-in-the-face #1

Post by TTGirl »

The whole “omg look at our mansion” really gave me a bad taste plus the pretentious tone like you guys mentioned. I couldn’t stand it anymore, stopped watching!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hass
Learner
Learner

Post by Hass »

FYI - she mentioned in her latest video that they may get married at the local church next year OR the year after because they are poor now. She also mentioned that she was wearing a puffy coat in the house because they thought that the heating costs for the house would be expensive - she didn't think of that before now?

notsoposh
Debater
Debater

Post by notsoposh »

Hass wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:48 pm
FYI - she mentioned in her latest video that they may get married at the local church next year OR the year after because they are poor now. She also mentioned that she was wearing a puffy coat in the house because they thought that the heating costs for the house would be expensive - she didn't think of that before now?
They are such idiots that didn't think of that before the purchase? She's so smug with her AGA (Jeez!). So poor to marry but will drop around 500-600$ for a set of pans.

CatchingStars3214
Lurker
Lurker

Post by CatchingStars3214 »

And of course rules of lockdown don’t apply darlings! Invite as many people over as you want, have painters and decorators in and out, etc.! Rules never apply to Josie, darlings.

For those wondering how much she makes, it’s all public record on companies house. She pulled in about £500,000 last year.

luxberries
Stalker
Stalker

Post by luxberries »

longtime lurker, had to post because I found this article? feature? something? about her house, thought it was just interesting! maybe i just really like looking at floor plans...

https://media.onthemarket.com/propertie ... oc_1_1.pdf

Post by Guest »

The house is absolutely stunning! It’s really a dream but I’m in da over her blasting this damn house on the daily.

Post by Guest »

The house is absolutely stunning! It’s really a dream but I’m really over her blasting this damn house on the daily and Charlie is so repulsive

Thedaisyalden
Learner
Learner

Post by Thedaisyalden »

Ugh I can’t believe I’m admitting this, but I’m legit jealous of her house. It’s such an amazing property. I’m actually really surprised they had the good taste to want it, which makes me wonder - was it truly their idea or did someone convince them that this is what “high society” would choose so they went for it? It seems so unlike them based on their past style preferences and all the pink overpriced crap she’s bought for it so far.

Hass
Learner
Learner

Post by Hass »

The house is nice - but I am not jealous of it - they cannot afford to heat it (hence the wearing of the puffer coat inside the house). They are also over an hour away from London and even further from their gatehouse flat in London. They cannot afford to get married, the government has already said that taxes will have to go up for a number of years to pay for covid spending. Don't feel jealousy.

Thedaisyalden
Learner
Learner

Post by Thedaisyalden »

Hass wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:05 pm
The house is nice - but I am not jealous of it - they cannot afford to heat it (hence the wearing of the puffer coat inside the house). They are also over an hour away from London and even further from their gatehouse flat in London. They cannot afford to get married, the government has already said that taxes will have to go up for a number of years to pay for covid spending. Don't feel jealousy.
Oh I’m not jealous of her or her situation. I just want the house lol. I have a weakness for historic buildings. And the garden is lovely.

samy button
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by samy button »

The new house is stunning. The most beautiful one (and with most potential) among the “influencers”.
It puts to shame Lydia’s house

Post by Guest »

:o the little respect I had for her just went out the window
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blahblah96
Debater
Debater

Post by Blahblah96 »

HeyItsMeMichi wrote::o the little respect I had for her just went out the window
whereas i’m not at all saying that comments like this are acceptable at any time, I really am not a fan of the trend of digging up influencers/celebrities old tweets and posts. That was in 2013, if I think about the kind of posts I made 7 years ago I’d be mortified! She was young then, people make mistakes. Probably isn’t even aware that those tweets still exist

Post by Guest »

Blahblah96 wrote:
HeyItsMeMichi wrote::o the little respect I had for her just went out the window
whereas i’m not at all saying that comments like this are acceptable at any time, I really am not a fan of the trend of digging up influencers/celebrities old tweets and posts. That was in 2013, if I think about the kind of posts I made 7 years ago I’d be mortified! She was young then, people make mistakes. Probably isn’t even aware that those tweets still exist
When I think of the stuff I wrote 7 yrs ago or even 15, I still didn’t make racist/racial remarks like that because I’m not racist.

Also no one ever said anything or ever called her out on this at the time. Kinda sad.

Blahblah96
Debater
Debater

Post by Blahblah96 »

HeyItsMeMichi wrote:
Blahblah96 wrote:
When I think of the stuff I wrote 7 yrs ago or even 15, I still didn’t make racist/racial remarks like that because I’m not racist.

Also no one ever said anything or ever called her out on this at the time. Kinda sad.
that is a very good point, likewise! Mostly teenage angsty comments my end Image

orchid123
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by orchid123 »

I actually enjoy the gardening vlogs but it bothers me so much that she's wearing white, expensive clothes while working in the garden. She's basically living my garden dream and if I was her I would go all out with the gardening gear. Why would you handle soil in white Zimmermann shorts and white sneakers??

ponykiss
Informer
Informer

Post by ponykiss »

Thedaisyalden wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:06 am
Ugh I can’t believe I’m admitting this, but I’m legit jealous of her house. It’s such an amazing property. I’m actually really surprised they had the good taste to want it, which makes me wonder - was it truly their idea or did someone convince them that this is what “high society” would choose so they went for it? It seems so unlike them based on their past style preferences and all the pink overpriced crap she’s bought for it so far.
I think she is copying or at least getting a lot of inspo from Julia from Gal meets glam. She has mentioned about her in her videos.

Julia used to live in San Francisco and she and her husband bought a home in Charleston, and when they moved in guess what hobby they got into... gardening.

Also i noticed that Josie has been really getting into this girl from the prairie look. Guess who wears those kinds of dresses... Julia.

Some of the ideas she was sharing on her videos about reupholstering some chairs and she said she wanted like floral prints... and again Julia has chairs like that in her home.

Even some of the homewear they have gotten looks a lot like things Julia has.

Thedaisyalden
Learner
Learner

Post by Thedaisyalden »

orchid123 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 10:24 am
I actually enjoy the gardening vlogs but it bothers me so much that she's wearing white, expensive clothes while working in the garden. She's basically living my garden dream and if I was her I would go all out with the gardening gear. Why would you handle soil in white Zimmermann shorts and white sneakers??
Probably because the minute the camera is off she’s out of there and either Charlie or someone she hires gets to do the actual work. I was honestly shocked when she randomly tossed out “Charlie and I just love to garden!” in one of her first house vlogs. It seemed so unlike her and so unlike them, but then this whole house venture does.

My personal opinion is that she knows she’s aging out of her brand and her viewership. She knows she will get married and probably have children, changing the demands on her time and priorities. Which is all fine and normal in the real world, but it doesn’t match the brand she’s been selling for the last 5+ years of the young, urbane fashion blogger who spends endless amounts of money on clothes, accessories, skincare and travel. I think she’s attempting to make a smart business decision and slowly transition her brand over to domestic and eventually family-related content. Hopefully for her sake it works, but in the meantime it’s so awkward to watch, as it feels completely out of character for her and contrived (e.g. wearing ridiculously impractical clothes whilst “gardening”). I also feel like the whole concept of influencer income is a bubble that has already begun to burst, so I’m not sure it’s a solid financial strategy to rely on in the long term, but that’s none of my business. :D

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

I don't like the house.
I said it.
The area is beautiful and everything surrounding it, but the house itself is too old, the paneling, the stone, all that wood, fireplaces back from the times of plague...

I can't say Charlie has ever done something to warrant this - but I really don't like seeing that guy. He gives this weird asshole vibe, don't know why.

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

poulet wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:12 pm
I don't like the house.
I said it.
The area is beautiful and everything surrounding it, but the house itself is too old, the paneling, the stone, all that wood, fireplaces back from the times of plague...

I can't say Charlie has ever done something to warrant this - but I really don't like seeing that guy. He gives this weird asshole vibe, don't know why.
I don't like the inside of the house either! Its all higgledy piggedly and there is no flow to the house. It seems like random rooms, maybe its just because of the way they are showing it on the videos. And I am suspicious of some of the wood that she is saying is 'original' - some of those doors look dodgy and seem to have been reenforced with cheap wood! It looks like a haven for cobwebs and spiders and I can only imagine how much that house is going to eat every penny they earn for its upkeep! The garden space is fab! Josie is turning into 'Hyacinth Bucket' in front of our eyes!

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”