sausage-designer
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FashionMumblr and the guy-you-want-to-punch-in-the-face #1

Post by sausage-designer »

Ladies, you’re welcome :)

What’s your view on Josie and *lets not forget the real YouTube star* Charlie?

PixelGirl

Re: FashionMumblr and the guy-you-want-to-punch-in-the-face

Post by PixelGirl »

I can't cope with how smug they are, it is off the charts! Not to mention the endless #ads and #spons *yawn*

wattm017-318
Learner
Learner

Post by wattm017-318 »

PixelGirl wrote:I can't cope with how smug they are, it is off the charts! Not to mention the endless #ads and #spons *yawn*
they're both so up their own arses. no idea how either of them have 'made it' as influencers - I can hardly get through one vlog of them both

sausage-designer
Talker
Talker

wattm017-318 wrote:
PixelGirl wrote:I can't cope with how smug they are, it is off the charts! Not to mention the endless #ads and #spons *yawn*
they're both so up their own arses. no idea how either of them have 'made it' as influencers - I can hardly get through one vlog of them both
Well, it’s from the other thread, but it’s pretty self-explanatory that they (or at least the guy) have bought their at least initial following.

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee »

Oi! Get your arses back to the Lydia thread NOW!Image

Cookieblog
Talker
Talker

Post by Cookieblog »

Give her some credit! At least she's not a chav like Lydia or choquette trying their best to be luxe and posh just cos they own a couple of designer bags.

You can tell with Josie that she has a natural class and sophistication about her. She has probably come from a well off background and been privately educated. Another thing I like about her is she doesn't spend a fortune on trend items or ridiculously priced designer items... She has a couple of high end bags that are staple pieces that she wears repeatedly through the seasons as you are supposed to with luxury items (take note Lydia and claire) I also like that she doesn't try too hard to be edgy. Another valid point is that she's a natural beauty. No fakery here. She doesn't even look like she's had fillers and thats very rare nowadays.

Ok now for the things I dislike....
Her content can be a little bland and repetitive.
I also feel like she's been selling out a lot to brand sponsorships lately - but I get that everyone has to earn money somehow.
I'm also not keen on the guy... can't quite put my finger on why.
I think she needs to do something for effect to spice up her channel and make her more interesting... I don't know something scandalous like a click bait video or a story time. I think the reason why Lydia is so entertaining is because she's a little unstable ( oops did I just say that out loud) :?
Could you imagine if she came out with these type of trash videos; ie. My lesbian encounter at boarding school.. Or my stalker past ... Or the time I got arrested in Mexico. Would you all like her more then? :rofl:

Naughty sausage
Talker
Talker

Post by Naughty sausage »

I have watched several vids of hers and tried to like her many, many times. There's just something that does not click at all. All those ads after another and hauls after hauls. She isn't trustworthy because of those neverending ads. I don't care what she says of any new product, it's just to make money for her. No authenticity, no real reviews cos all is amazing and so "oh la la" and she shops and hauls like a true addicted shopaholic. Just no. And the latest, almost an hour long pr mail opening video was what made me gag: all that shit that she doesn't really use, just show us peasants what she gets sent for free meanwhile we have to pay good amount of our hard earned money for the same stuff. It just rubs me the wrong way. I'm boycoting every pr item I'm seeing in her vids.

And that bloke she's engaged to... Oh lord. I would seriously think twice.

Chloe_c
Learner
Learner

Post by Chloe_c »

GeorgeePorgee wrote:Oi! Get your arses back to the Lydia thread NOW!Image
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I also don’t like FM. As someone here said, it’s sugarcoated and it’s still adds.
But at least she works on her videos while Lydia just throw on YouTube some boring vlogs.

Hoofhearted
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hoofhearted »

Hahahahaha :rofl:

PixelGirl

Post by PixelGirl »

Naughty sausage wrote:I have watched several vids of hers and tried to like her many, many times. There's just something that does not click at all. All those ads after another and hauls after hauls. She isn't trustworthy because of those neverending ads. I don't care what she says of any new product, it's just to make money for her. No authenticity, no real reviews cos all is amazing and so "oh la la" and she shops and hauls like a true addicted shopaholic. Just no. And the latest, almost an hour long pr mail opening video was what made me gag: all that shit that she doesn't really use, just show us peasants what she gets sent for free meanwhile we have to pay good amount of our hard earned money for the same stuff. It just rubs me the wrong way. I'm boycoting every pr item I'm seeing in her vids.

And that bloke she's engaged to... Oh lord. I would seriously think twice.
That PR opening video of 44 minutes did me in, not going to watch anymore of hers now

PixelGirl

Post by PixelGirl »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

I find both these vapid twats totally insufferable, Charlie - wannabe model - Irons especially

Coatitlikecandy
Learner
Learner

Post by Coatitlikecandy »

She’s so bland. It’s like watching paint dry....I’ve tried to like her I just can’t. She’s like all sugar sweet and sickly. Her teeth are funny and all she does is shopping and hauls.

sausage-designer
Talker
Talker

Cookieblog wrote:Give her some credit! At least she's not a chav like Lydia or choquette trying their best to be luxe and posh just cos they own a couple of designer bags.

You can tell with Josie that she has a natural class and sophistication about her. She has probably come from a well off background and been privately educated. Another thing I like about her is she doesn't spend a fortune on trend items or ridiculously priced designer items... She has a couple of high end bags that are staple pieces that she wears repeatedly through the seasons as you are supposed to with luxury items (take note Lydia and claire) I also like that she doesn't try too hard to be edgy. Another valid point is that she's a natural beauty. No fakery here. She doesn't even look like she's had fillers and thats very rare nowadays.

Ok now for the things I dislike....
Her content can be a little bland and repetitive.
I also feel like she's been selling out a lot to brand sponsorships lately - but I get that everyone has to earn money somehow.
I'm also not keen on the guy... can't quite put my finger on why.
I think she needs to do something for effect to spice up her channel and make her more interesting... I don't know something scandalous like a click bait video or a story time. I think the reason why Lydia is so entertaining is because she's a little unstable ( oops did I just say that out loud) :?
Could you imagine if she came out with these type of trash videos; ie. My lesbian encounter at boarding school.. Or my stalker past ... Or the time I got arrested in Mexico. Would you all like her more then? :rofl:
I agree with all you’ve said, except for me she’d still be doing good without a lesbian encounter in Mexico :D if she kept her private life away from her work (and by PL I mean her bf) and at least kept the freebies separate (as in a video for new lipsticks and a bit of story behind them, actual try on her lips and then another video for toners, glam style clothes, winter, summer, etc) she wouldn’t have turned ppl off so soon...cause I’m okay with drama-free channels if they’re up to the point with their content. So far it’s just a bit of muddy luxury mess, which is meh :/

Hoofhearted
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hoofhearted »

I feel tense when she talks, I keep expecting either dentures to fall out or some dribbling. I don't understand her mouth situation.

Cookieblog
Talker
Talker

Post by Cookieblog »

FM just uploaded another new video that's 51m long!? :o Seriously who has 51m to spend watching vlogs?! And the majority of it is MORE PR unboxing!!! This chic is seriously winning in terms of brand freebies... she seems to get sent more than anyone?! I wonder who her management company is? Brands must love this sickly sweet, nice girl persona.

wattm017-318
Learner
Learner

Post by wattm017-318 »

The only word which springs to mind when I watch her videos is...bland? Like all her clothes are the same boring colours, she doesn't seem to have any kind of personality or humour or wit about her. Its clear she's jumped on the health food bandwagon with the amount of 'superfoods' in her cupboard and that flipping Thermomix. When is someone gonna tell her that putting a load of powdered shit in a blender and eating pea pasta is the most expensive and pretentious way to be healthy.

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

I don’t think she belongs with any angency? She has mentioned in one of her recent videos that she does and manages herself I think! Correct me if I’m wrong though :tu:

Cookieblog wrote:FM just uploaded another new video that's 51m long!? :o Seriously who has 51m to spend watching vlogs?! And the majority of it is MORE PR unboxing!!! This chic is seriously winning in terms of brand freebies... she seems to get sent more than anyone?! I wonder who her management company is? Brands must love this sickly sweet, nice girl persona.

sausage-designer
Talker
Talker

Hoofhearted wrote:I feel tense when she talks, I keep expecting either dentures to fall out or some dribbling. I don't understand her mouth situation.
I think she went and fixed that along with her brow situation in many of her vlogs? I think she knows the points she needs to work on, but it’s just a slow process? I haven’t really seen her face much, mostly #spon products, so it’s hard to keep track of it Image

Cookieblog
Talker
Talker

Post by Cookieblog »

TTGirl wrote:I don’t think she belongs with any angency? She has mentioned in one of her recent videos that she does and manages herself I think! Correct me if I’m wrong though :tu:

Cookieblog wrote:FM just uploaded another new video that's 51m long!? :o Seriously who has 51m to spend watching vlogs?! And the majority of it is MORE PR unboxing!!! This chic is seriously winning in terms of brand freebies... she seems to get sent more than anyone?! I wonder who her management company is? Brands must love this sickly sweet, nice girl persona.
Fair play to her if she is managing herself! She gets every PR package going and attends so many trips and events. I guess if she can do it all on her own it really must be Lydia's bad reputation that holds her back.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”