Alexandria Ryan

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Alexandria Ryan

Post by Green Eyed Gemini »

Any thoughts on her? I like that she does a lot of unboxing and used to like her quite a bit, but she’s starting to annoy me for a couple of reasons:

(1) A few months ago she posted a random unboxing video of things she had purchased and things she got from Octoly. One thing she received from Octoly was the EL Double Wear foundation and she talked about how she was so greatful blah blah blah bc she wouldn’t be able to purchase it herself because it was so expensive. Then she unboxed a Sephora purchase that she made which included the KVD Sinner + Saint eyeshadow palette, which costs way more than the foundation. It just struck me as odd that she’d say she can’t afford the foundation but she bought an expensive eyeshadow palette? I also notice that she gets a lot of things from Octoly but doesn’t really review them (which you’re supposed to do). It seems like she enjoys getting the free makeup but doesn’t want to put a lot of effort into reviewing it. I believe that once she got a full size YSL perfume from Octoly and I’ve never seen a review or anything on it.

(2) She started doing the eBay unboxings and I guess she had a bad one bc today se posted a “Part 2 Seller Responds” video, a la Grav3yardgirl (as if that self-indices drama saga wasn’t enough ). I don’t know...she’s just starting to feel less genuine and more clickbaity.

Anyway, I’ve been thinking these things for a while now and finally had to let it out lol. Would love to know your thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elturtleo
Learner
Learner

Re: Alexandria Ryan

Post by Elturtleo »

Are ya still thinking about it? Lmao. Her clickbait nonsense is decent background noise, she gets very annoying very quickly imo. She strikes me as a complete airhead, which makes it a bit surprising she's getting a masters. I didn't know about the Octoly thing, that's super shady.

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by alwaysspillingtea »

I actually really like her but I do get tired of all the unboxings besides Sephora, Boxycharm, and Ipsy. I'm a makeup snob and the other boxes she unboxes always have indie brands I do not care to hear about. I think she'd be much better at doing eyeshadow tutorials.

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Anything new on her? I recently scrolled through her channel and her content REALLY sucks imo.

Canobilistivrainbows
Learner
Learner

Post by Canobilistivrainbows »

I can't stand how she constantly, sounds like she asking a question. It's kinda like a valley girl voice. It's like she's not making statements but asking a question. her voice will go up slightly too.

backdoorteenmom
Learner
Learner

Post by backdoorteenmom »

I kind of like her but I kind of don't...I'm getting sick of the whole mispronunciation in every. single. video..!!!

I do enjoy her Ipsy vs Ipsy vs Ipsy videos but she does have this weird quake in her voice which makes it seem like she's nervous...is camera shy and isn't sure what she's doing but she's been doing the same content for like 2 + years?

BettyCupcake
Informer
Informer

Post by BettyCupcake »

I feel like such a bitch for commenting here when no one is really even talking about this chick, but her voice irritates me so much lol. I came across her during the Sephora advent calendar drama and I liked how she remade the box, so I subbed. But then that voice of hers, I can't watch her anymore. She grits her teeth while she talks, wtf is that about??? She keeps her teeth together a lot while speaking and I've never seen anyone speak like this. And the whole ditzy airhead schtick got old after just a few videos. I think she'd be great if she would speak normally and not act like a brainless teenager. For now, I can't watch anymore.

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Yeah I am still subscribed to her but I no longer watch her videos since all she really posts are unboxing videos which I cannot relate to. Why the hell is she subscribed to so many boxes?? That's just dumb and such a waste. There is no way she uses everything she receives in subscription boxes.

Seekerkey
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Seekerkey »

I watched quite a few of her videos to get a feel of her channel and it’s not for me.

Her airhead schtick is the worst.

Also how much money does she spend on these boxes? Are they given to her?

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

I'm pretty sure she spends her own money on the boxes.

Woeismebooh00
Learner
Learner

Post by Woeismebooh00 »

I watched her early videos, when she wasn't doing the airhead routine, they were boring af. I can't tell if they're better or worse than her current routine of mispronunciations, dropping stuff, being white/blind/ill. Also, I don't believe she donates any of the stuff she claims to.

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Yeah her content sucks lol. I wish she would do more with her channel. I do like the way she applies her makeup when she does a full face. She should do tutorials on her eyeshadow looks. I used to watch her unboxings because I like her but eventually I quit since they’re boring af and extremely repetitive.

S1uttyPumpkin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by S1uttyPumpkin »

I like the girl... but the airhead klutz routine is starting to get to me. Its every video she drops something.

macstrobecream
Learner
Learner

Post by macstrobecream »

There's something about her videos that has the vibe of a 12 year old doing these videos in their bedroom mirror. She's both excited but lacking confidence about what she's saying, and other than telling us what she got in a box and how a specific subscription box might work, there's nothing information or entertaining about her videos at all. She's pretty good at doing her own makeup, though.

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

macstrobecream wrote:There's something about her videos that has the vibe of a 12 year old doing these videos in their bedroom mirror. She's both excited but lacking confidence about what she's saying, and other than telling us what she got in a box and how a specific subscription box might work, there's nothing information or entertaining about her videos at all. She's pretty good at doing her own makeup, though.
I love her makeup too. She’s so good at eyeshadow.
She’d be better off doing tutorial videos because the videos she makes now are incredibly pointless and unrelatable.

macstrobecream
Learner
Learner

Post by macstrobecream »

alwaysspillingtea wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:05 pm
macstrobecream wrote:There's something about her videos that has the vibe of a 12 year old doing these videos in their bedroom mirror. She's both excited but lacking confidence about what she's saying, and other than telling us what she got in a box and how a specific subscription box might work, there's nothing information or entertaining about her videos at all. She's pretty good at doing her own makeup, though.
I love her makeup too. She’s so good at eyeshadow.
She’d be better off doing tutorial videos because the videos she makes now are incredibly pointless and unrelatable.

Agreed. I actually think she should be doing more makeup tutorials and fewer unboxings. How many times can she open a box, look at the product like it came from another planet, mispronnounce the name and then drop it onto her lap? If she were to become a little more familiar with actual makeup brands and less skin care, etc, she could really be killing it in the glam makeup look tutorial department. She doesn't even need to stay current with new makeup launches if she doesn't want to. But that's just my two cents.

brookenichole
Talker
Talker

Post by brookenichole »

Recent video shows she's been hacked. And apparently, it's the end of her channel.(clickbait) BYE.

I won't click on it. So I don't know anymore info.

getinitgucci
Informer
Informer

Post by getinitgucci »

brookenichole wrote:Recent video shows she's been hacked. And apparently, it's the end of her channel.(clickbait) BYE.

I won't click on it. So I don't know anymore info.
I watch her content sometimes because her personality seems fine. But damn have I always had this sinking feeling she is dumb as a door nail. My feelings were correct!

If this girls life falls apart it’s 100% due to her own stupidity and I have little sympathy for someone who was so careless about her main source of income. She literally fell for a YouTube scam email that like YouTubers get all the time. She clicked the scam link and logged in cause she was ‘so afraid’ of a copyright strike on one of her unboxing Trisha paytas boxes. And when it failed she kept logging in. Image Literally how can the internet be your JOB when you are so naive to that kind of stuff?

All she would need to do is see that the email address isn’t an official address ( just GOOGLE what address it should be from) OR NOTICE THE LINK SHE PRESSED DIDN’T TAKE HER RIGHT TO YOUTUBE A ADDRESS. She had two things right in front of her. Literally something only my grandparents have fallen for (who don’t have fucking lives/jobs on their computers). What a literal idiot. Google apparently isn’t doing that much to help her and I say oh well. Image Maybe you will learn your lesson that’s you should maybe know more about the internet before you make it your life because tbh this video will make her look vulnerable to any hacker that sees it. That she fell for something that’s the easy hack in the book. Make the account holder legit just give it right to you.

wind84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wind84 »

^ Also, she could've just gone to YouTube and checked the video through her account that way because if there was a copyright strike, the info should be there. I just can't believe that someone her age is that dumb and naive.

Peasant
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Peasant »

I really used to like this girl but does anyone else get tired of her positive attitude over everything? lol
It’s like she’s too afraid to admit when a product sucks so she still squeezes out a compliment for it??? It’s okay to admit when a product isn’t good

Return to “A-E”