Mel in Melbourne

drogers4205

Re: Mel in Melbourne

Post by drogers4205 »

To be honest I think that some of these luxury "buyers" are buying authentic items, doing the video, selling the items and then repurchasing fakes to make it look as if they still had the items. I'm not saying that she's doing it, but some of her and others behaviors doesn't add up.

Post by Guest »

She lives in a nice home by the looks of things...shame about the hoarding.

Post by Guest »

*** This video was kindly SPONSORED by Shoptagr however all opinions are my own. Items marked with an * were gifted. Some links may be affiliated. Purchasing an item(s) via the affiliate link doesn’t affect the price you pay but I take a 5-15% commission from the purchase price which makes me a tidy sum of money. Even if you do not make a purchase, once you have clicked my affiliate links the website stores cookies for up to 60 days so in that time if you make a purchase from any of the websites I will still make my commission. I spend a lot of time choosing these links so I appreciate your support if you like the item to click through using my link. Thank you! xx
#luxuryhaul #designerunboxing #melinmelbourne

I wish she was that transparent.

pj_uk
Learner
Learner

Post by pj_uk »

I think almost all youtubers use affiliate links. I have yet to see anyone disclose the percentage they earn lol It does annoy me but not half as much as those liketoknowitpostson IG which heaps of influencers use on nearly all their posts. At least Mel declares clearly when a vid is sponsored unlike others I've seen who say "I've collaborated with xyz (but I buy everything myself) what the hell does that mean? Like others have mentioned above agree that she is a shopaholic and hoarder but she is one that I don't mind in terms of luxe youtubers, like Minnie and Sophie.

I had to laugh when I saw LEM's disclosure especially this part "You pay no more, no less for buying, it's just a couple of pounds goes to the person who influenced sale of the item" A couple of pounds? Hmm I think not! Haha Or her bestie Claire who marks * asterisk items as ones she paid for. That was kinda sneaky imo. In her last haul almost everything was gifted.

LittleBananaBun
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by LittleBananaBun »

Came back after some months to check on this vulture... You mean she stole someone's images and used them as her own and didn't respond to the owner until they called her out publicly? Sounds about right. And omg... she gave away more of those pieces of paper because she loves "being generous"? (seriously when she said she loves being generous, that made me nauseous)When are people going to stop supporting assholes like this? Send her off to Trash Island along with Trisha Paytas. I'm so sick of Youtube breeding these narcissists.

Hey yeah Holly
Talker
Talker

Post by Hey yeah Holly »

Has anyone watched the wardrobe tour yet? All her bags, shoes, SLGs etc are there so she doesn’t sell them or whatever after she’s made her videos. She just has soooo much stuff.

SLGs in every colour displayed like a store. (I still don’t know why you’d need more than 1-2 cardholders).
What looks like fishing tackle boxes full of twillies.

All the clothes packed so tightly apart from a few things she pulled out to show properly it was hard to see - she did that vlogger thing where they show an arm of a jacket or a dress and say “this is cute” - um, ok we can’t see it.

WAY too long spent on those Hermes bag inserts - she’s got a pretty big discount code going for them, I don’t care but she must be pushing business to that site. She talks about them all the time so boring to hear again. No disclosure if she’s getting money for pushing them though.

A couple of items she was selling but it seemed a natural way to mention it rather than pretending it was a wardrobe tour but it was really her selling stuff. So that okay, Hermes Birkin (black) and Gucci shoes.

Some items I haven’t seen her unbox that she has like the Dior Book Tote as well as luxury RTW. Meaning she buys even more luxury items than we see on her channel.

Just too much stuff really!

alexachungslegs
Learner
Learner

Post by alexachungslegs »

I haven't watched Mel in a while and gaaawwwd- she is even more obnoxious than I remember her and her overaccentuated Australian accent does not exactly help. All of my Aussie friends have a cute one but there is just something soooo annoying in her specific way to stretch the "e"..." and in heeeeeeeeeeere we have my Chanels". She is a full-blown narcissist, yet does not have any personality whatsoever. In her videos, she wants to come across as oh-so-nice, but I have no doubt that she is one of those people who backstab you while they sweet-smile at you. She is easy to see through because she is so predicable.

teeheehee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by teeheehee »

Eh. She's Australian. Australians (in general) aren't particularly known for being politically correct in general but especially when it comes to their own Aboriginal and Torres-Strait Islander population.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

teeheehee wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:05 am
Eh. She's Australian. Australians (in general) aren't particularly known for being politically correct in general but especially when it comes to their own Aboriginal and Torres-Strait Islander population.
Are you Australian?

teeheehee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by teeheehee »

notsosilly10 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:06 pm
teeheehee wrote:
Are you Australian?
That was in response to the post: "That Hawaii Hermes SA surely found a sucker! The haul is ridiculous. It's obscene. I was surprised that she called the Native American scarf "American Indian". " but the quote function didn't work.

You don't have to be an American to know their gun laws need reforming or to know that there is an obvious trend towards racism and sexism in their politics and policies right now.

You don't have to be an Australian to live, study and work in Australia long enough (several years now) to see and experience that political incorrectness and casual and systemic racism against the Aboriginals and the Torres-Strait Islanders (and have the same directed not infrequently against yourself as a visible minority). In addition, my current role in Aus. involves working and volunteering quite closely with people from all walks of life from the city where I'm based in to Alice Springs; so maybe it's an exposure/perception issue. I hear more, I see more because of the places I find myself in, therefore I think it's more permeating in society than what you think it is.

But hey, let's just agree that there should be more awareness about culturally appropriate and sensitive terminology for all First Nations and Aboriginal people whether in Aus, Canada, USA etc. period. Shall we?

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

teeheehee wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:02 pm
notsosilly10 wrote:
teeheehee wrote:
Are you Australian?
You don't have to be an Australian to live, study and work in Australia long enough (several years now) to see and experience that political incorrectness and casual and systemic racism against the Aboriginals and the Torres-Strait Islanders (and have the same directed not infrequently against yourself as a visible minority). In addition, my current role in Aus. involves working and volunteering quite closely with people from all walks of life from the city where I'm based in to Alice Springs; so maybe it's an exposure/perception issue. I hear more, I see more because of the places I find myself in, therefore I think it's more permeating in society than what you think it is.
Wow you sound so bitter! I mean if you dislike so much or do not agree how the Australian system works you can always move to another country. I am sure you are not forced to work in a place you dislike so much.

We are all entitled to different opinions but i assume that unless you have spend your whole life in one place or at least a considerable amount of time to be able to talk about it as if you know really well.

missslucyma
Learner
Learner

Post by missslucyma »

notsosilly10 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:42 pm
drogers4205 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:37 pm
No way is she in her 30's She looks to be in her mid-40's easily.
She does look like she is in her mid 40s
Her online profile on famous birthdays says she was born 1986, which would make her 33 in September. If that is true, she has not aged well.

Brizgos
Informer
Informer

Post by Brizgos »

notsosilly10 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:19 pm
teeheehee wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:02 pm
notsosilly10 wrote:
teeheehee wrote:
Are you Australian?
Wow you sound so bitter! I mean if you dislike so much or do not agree how the Australian system works you can always move to another country. I am sure you are not forced to work in a place you dislike so much.

We are all entitled to different opinions but i assume that unless you have spend your whole life in one place or at least a considerable amount of time to be able to talk about it as if you know really well.
I know this is meant to be a guru gossip site but I now feel compelled to chime in on this topic.
I live in Australia but was not born here so I chose to come to this country. I get annoyed when people from other countries talk about Australia being terribly racist. I think racism exists everywhere in the world and Australia is no worse. Australians are generally very laid back and have a great sense of humour.
In reference to the Indigenous people , billions of dollars are poured into their communities with financial benefits targeting them via student payments , jobs and health programs to name a few areas . Non indigenous people can only dream of such benefits . Don’t ever claim that the indigenous people are treated badly.
Well, there’s my opinion on this topic .

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

I'm so fucking sick of Mel's clickbait videos and titles. If she's not doing the giveaway now then she shouldn't make it appear as if she is. I don't understand how people stand it, from the constant clickbait (remember the Senreve bag bullshit) to giving away literal trash, it blows my mind that people still follow her.

cdol
Talker
Talker

Post by cdol »

lowkeylaurie wrote:I'm so fucking sick of Mel's clickbait videos and titles. If she's not doing the giveaway now then she shouldn't make it appear as if she is. I don't understand how people stand it, from the constant clickbait (remember the Senreve bag bullshit) to giving away literal trash, it blows my mind that people still follow her.
What’s been annoying me so much lately is her “you guys/hey guys” and her constant lip smacking!
Why is she doing it so much?!!!
I’m almost tempted not to watch anymore just to avoid the lip smacking sound Image

teeheehee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by teeheehee »

notsosilly10 wrote:

[/quote]

Ah, the good ole, if you don't like it, leave. And yet, when people leave countries they are persecuted in and arrive on the doorstep, we put them on islands or in border camps.

Anyway, nah mate, I like it here, so far school is great, work is great, weather's great. Australia and Australians are generally great, lovely people, similar sense of humour, similar love for the outdoors. Literally, the only issue I have is one where I see inequality and racism against a group people that I'm not even a part of and I firmly believe that it could and should be better.

As for the other poster, thinking that throwing money somehow solves deep-seated issues and inequality is simplistic at best, harmful at worst. Please read up on your indigenous people and what they want vs what is happening.

Anyway, if ya'll have more issues, just PM me. Let's leave this thread to whining about Senreve promos on Mel's channel.

G'day!
<3

teeheehee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by teeheehee »

Hmmmmmmm

Has anyone messaged Mel about her Birkin that she may/may not be selling? She did say she was going to go above cost price, and RRP, but I'm curious (okay, fine, nosey) HOW far above. :P

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

Based on what I know a Birkin 30 is going for @ 17000AUD at the store but resellers are selling for anywhere between 20 to 22k which can also get to 24k it depends if it is a really hard colour to get.

The size 25 and 30 are really sought after sizes at the moment so they are going for above retail.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

In saying that these bags are not the easiest to sell because of their price point hence why some people end up consigning them with a reseller as it can be easier and quicker to sell even though they lose a big chunk of money.

Brizgos
Informer
Informer

Post by Brizgos »

teeheehee wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:13 am
notsosilly10 wrote:

Ah, the good ole, if you don't like it, leave. And yet, when people leave countries they are persecuted in and arrive on the doorstep, we put them on islands or in border camps.

Anyway, nah mate, I like it here, so far school is great, work is great, weather's great. Australia and Australians are generally great, lovely people, similar sense of humour, similar love for the outdoors. Literally, the only issue I have is one where I see inequality and racism against a group people that I'm not even a part of and I firmly believe that it could and should be better.

As for the other poster, thinking that throwing money somehow solves deep-seated issues and inequality is simplistic at best, harmful at worst. Please read up on your indigenous people and what they want vs what is happening.

Anyway, if ya'll have more issues, just PM me. Let's leave this thread to whining about Senreve promos on Mel's channel.

G'day!
<3
[/quote]
Teeheehee, YOU brought up this whole irrelevant political correctness issue on this site in the first place so don't start lecturing us about reading up on the indigenous people!!!

Return to “Gurus With More Than 50,000 Subs”