Taylor Nicole Dean

Post by omgecil »

How does she not have a thread?
Between the borderline animal hoarding and her questionable behavior

-Took reptiles to vidcon (3 day drive)
-supports snakebytestv
-sets up a 150 gallon fish tank before a cross country move
-questionable snake and reptile husbandry

Plus other things. Ive never made a thread before so hope this goes well..
Please feel free to ad your respectful opinions and/or tell me if im wrong.

Tittys
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Taylor Nicole Dean

Post by Tittys »

What does she do wrong with her animals? I've never owned anything without fur so I really don't know. I like her but I feel like she needs to get cut off from getting so many pets.

speakurdream
Talker
Talker

Post by speakurdream »

Shes just weird lmao

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

MilkandSugar
Learner
Learner

Post by MilkandSugar »

she annoys me. i used to like her but now it's just annoying. she impulse buys animals like it's nothing. she will go to a pet store to get some supplies and comes home with a new animal and then does hours of research on it and then makes a 15 minute long video preaching about the animal and acting like she's known all this stuff about it for years and she's some expert. i've also seen soooo many people on her twitter saying she's inspired them to get pets, so now all these young kids are out there getting exotic pets because their favourite youtuber has them, and then she retweets their tweet which leads to other people getting pets just so they have a chance at being retweeted. all these kids out there buying from pet stores and shifty breeders when they should be adopting, but why would they since their fav youtuber herself support pet stores even though she bashes petco because she used to work at one and has seen the shit that goes on there. she's gross, she's a hoarder. just because you think you're an expert and can take care of a bunch of pets doesn't mean you should own 20+ of them.

Butterflywing
Informer
Informer

Post by Butterflywing »

Heard she almost lost a hand in one video. Something about sticking it in front of a crocodile

omgecil
Learner
Learner

Post by omgecil »

:rofl: :rofl: a crocodile? ...... Yeah i grew tired of the fake positivity and the animal hoarding. But the line for me was when she drove her reptiles to vidcon(3 day drive plus 2 days at vidcon) and had everybody touching them in the hotel. And then cried when she had to ship them back because she decided to take a plane ride back.

MilkandSugar
Learner
Learner

Post by MilkandSugar »

yeah in one video she visits some reptile place and a croc was sticking it's head out of it's enclosure and to try to get it back in she put her hand under it's chin.

i'm also so tired of all her "i'm not like most people, these kinds of animals don't scare me" blah blah blah. girl, you're like millions of other girls, stop with your literal "i'm not like other girls, i'm so different and i love snakes and spiders, teehee!" bullshit, it's gross.

also she got a dog to train to be a service dog to help her in public with her anxiety but she keeps travelling back and forth from california without her service dog?? bitch what anxiety.

martinapinti
Lurker
Lurker

Post by martinapinti »

I swear to god, I feel dumb for even saying this but BUT I hope she doesn't become another Tana Mongeau. One that starts out very good and then becomes lazy, greedy and an attention w*ore. I used to love Taylor, but now, with all this going to Cali back n forth, I don't know anymore. I honestly hope she doesn't move to LA soon and doesn't become a Tana the 2nd+exotic animals.

omgecil
Learner
Learner

Post by omgecil »

I guess she is an educator now. Ugh im tired of these oooh look at me i have wierd pets... *coughs: suprmaryface* [tweet][/tweet]

mother of dogs
Talker
Talker

Post by mother of dogs »

Yes! I have been waiting for a thread for her. I didn't know how to make one and I asked someone in the supermaryface thread but didn't get a response. ^^ Also she's been trying to move to LA for a while now. She kept talking about how she would get her animals there and that she would have to rehome her axolotl because I think they're illegal there?

The bringing her pets to LA part really threw me off. There was also a video and she had her ball python at a party. I questioned her anxiety after that because I don't know anyone that has real diagnosed anxiety that flies back and forth all the time and goes to crazy LA parties. :?

omgecil
Learner
Learner

Post by omgecil »

Yeah i know. The Ball python and the skink were at the party. She and how she stocked that 150 knowingly she was moving. Also cheese need a 250 gallon tank. I'm sick of her buying on impulse instead of reaserch the animal first.

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

I'm a big animal lover, so I really enjoyed her videos at first. but over the past few months she's started to bother me more and more. like all of you have said, she has waaaay too many pets.

I've also noticed that she's mentioned rehoming multiple pets, and does it super casually. whenever she mentions having to rehome an animal (either because she doesn't want it or a lack of knowledge) it just seems like she doesn't really care. I've only ever had a cat and rabbit (and fish ofc) as pets so maybe its my lack of knowledge on reptile care, but she still shouldn't be acting like getting rid of a pet because she "doesn't want to take care of it anymore" is no big deal. if she had just done research before actually getting the pet she wouldn't have that problem :roll:

also the fact she buys animals from places like petco/that illegal turtle seller is ridiculous. I get the need to "save" the animals there, but she's just giving them more money to keep operating and encouraging them.

omgecil
Learner
Learner

Post by omgecil »

aaa123 wrote:I'm a big animal lover, so I really enjoyed her videos at first. but over the past few months she's started to bother me more and more. like all of you have said, she has waaaay too many pets.

I've also noticed that she's mentioned rehoming multiple pets, and does it super casually. whenever she mentions having to rehome an animal (either because she doesn't want it or a lack of knowledge) it just seems like she doesn't really care. I've only ever had a cat and rabbit (and fish ofc) as pets so maybe its my lack of knowledge on reptile care, but she still shouldn't be acting like getting rid of a pet because she "doesn't want to take care of it anymore" is no big deal. if she had just done research before actually getting the pet she wouldn't have that problem :roll:

also the fact she buys animals from places like petco/that illegal turtle seller is ridiculous. I get the need to "save" the animals there, but she's just giving them more money to keep operating and encouraging them.
Yeah she keeps rehoming pets because she gets pets impulsivly and without reaserch so when the time comes to actually take care of the animal she finally figures out that is waay to hard to take care of. Or shes probably just bored of.it. people forget that reptiles live for 15+ years most of them.

catnip
Talker
Talker

Post by catnip »

I won't lie, she was a big influence in me starting up my first freshwater aquarium (but I've also done a LOT of research elsewhere so my fish are doing okay :D) and I thought she was very knowledgeable etc, but I completely agree about the constant back and forth to California ESPECIALLY after setting up the 150 tank. And correct me if I'm wrong but don't tangs get to like 1ft long? and they swim for miles and miles, so seeing Irwin in the 150 makes me a little concerned :/ and with cheese getting big, too.

Does it bother anyone else how she also says 'hedgehogs don't like being on their backs but sometimes you get lucky!' but then constantly shows hers on their backs? I get they might be chill but if you KNOW they don't like it why do it?

mother of dogs
Talker
Talker

Post by mother of dogs »

Irwin already seems huge to me. I think she said he does need a bigger tank so I don't know what's happening there. He just seems too big for that tank which makes me wonder why she even got him in the first place.

It bothers me that she says that about hedgehogs. I feel like she's very hypocritical about all her pets. Seems like she preaches a lot and doesn't follow her own advice. I want to go back and watch some of her videos again so I can bring up some actual points. I feel like I have so much more to say about her but I'm spacing on everything right now.

omgecil
Learner
Learner

Post by omgecil »

Yeah tangs need a lot of space and cheese needs a 250. BUT HER excuse was that cowfish dont live more than a year or two in captivity. And im like wtf? Why would u even buy this fish in the first place.? That was the breaking point for me

EleanorRigbyy
Debater
Debater

Post by EleanorRigbyy »

She posted on snapchat a day or so ago a new camera. Then today that her laptop broke, and she was sad so she bought herself an iMac and an iPad. I used to like her because I at once point also worked at Petco and had the same complaints, so that's how I found her. She seemed like me in her love for animals and she's around my age so I related to her a lot. Now.. I feel like she's some weird version if a Kardashian. She's always saying she's sick and can't work or whatever, but is always traveling around leaving her animals in her mother's care. She claims she doesn't move out cause no apartment will take the animals.. Sounds more like you won't have free room and board and pet daycare.

mother of dogs
Talker
Talker

Post by mother of dogs »

The way she spends money seems ridiculous to me! Like when she went and bought those turtles and have $500 in her hand and was posting pictures like it was nothing. Do you guys think that's actually her money? Or is she spending her parents cash as well? With all the pets, hotels, plane tickets, and nice technology she buys I feel like it can't be all from youtube. She also gets her hair and nails done often which can add up.

JuiceBox
Talker
Talker

Post by JuiceBox »

If you check out her social blade, they peg her at about 1-2k per day and up to 43k a month. She doesn't pay rent or household bills as she lives with her parents.

It doesn't seem unbeliveable to me that she'd have a bit of cash on her.

mother of dogs
Talker
Talker

Post by mother of dogs »

That's true. I can't believe how fast her channel has grown. I guess since she has the money she might as well spend some of it. She's been posting about buying a house or an apartment. I wonder if she will actually move out.

I am interested to see her video on Kida and the DNA test she did on her. I wish she would show more of her dogs in her videos. I think every video on my channel features my dogs though so I'm a little crazy...

Offtopic: That furby gif made me laugh :tu:

Return to “Taylor Nicole Dean”