True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Casey Neistat, Part #2

Post by snap2it »

Lolokwow wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:25 pm
starlight7 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:55 am
So he's back to vlogging, filming his kids and Candice's family which made me wonder why he would do that now that they are settled in California and have privacy. Turns out he listed their house this month and is collecting coins for an upgrade. Youtubers and influencers are so predictable, it's disgusting.
Jesus they literally just did an architectural digest on the home. They're too old to still be so flighty with their lives. Two 40 years continuously trying to live like they did in their 20s.
Yes! I'm also guessing that lockdown/quarantine life in LA is taking its toll and they are stuck doing the mundane tasks at home.

Also Casey would be tiring. Even in the supermarket he is all over the place wanting to buy everything.

PeepoHappy4weird
Learner
Learner

Post by PeepoHappy4weird »

Okay, Im out of the loop. Someone explain all of this drama with him and his partner to me in less than 500 words.
A man is no one.

buttaface561
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by buttaface561 »

snap2it wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:29 pm
Lolokwow wrote:
starlight7 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:55 am
So he's back to vlogging, filming his kids and Candice's family which made me wonder why he would do that now that they are settled in California and have privacy. Turns out he listed their house this month and is collecting coins for an upgrade. Youtubers and influencers are so predictable, it's disgusting.
Jesus they literally just did an architectural digest on the home. They're too old to still be so flighty with their lives. Two 40 years continuously trying to live like they did in their 20s.
Yes! I'm also guessing that lockdown/quarantine life in LA is taking its toll and they are stuck doing the mundane tasks at home.

Also Casey would be tiring. Even in the supermarket he is all over the place wanting to buy everything.
I can't imagine lockdown in NYC would be any better/worse.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Lolokwow »

PeepoHappy4weird wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:25 pm
Okay, Im out of the loop. Someone explain all of this drama with him and his partner to me in less than 500 words.
Eh idk if there’s any real “drama” but more so that the two just are lowkey a toxic couple. They broke up and got back together so many times before marrying. Candice always seems miserable and would talk about it on their podcast. They’re basically just a couple that honestly shouldn’t have ended up together and moved on but they insist that they love each other so much and just stay together. It’s Kinda like they get off on being miserable.

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

Lolokwow wrote:
They're too old to still be so flighty with their lives. Two 40 years continuously trying to live like they did in their 20s.
No, they aren't. Just because they're 40 doesn't mean they can't still live a chaotic, exciting life if that's what they're into. If anything, I respect people who get older physically but not mentally. They are both wealthy enough to be doing it, and have enough free time, why not? Should they just sit in a house all alone like an actually elderly couple?

Also, they're 40, not 60. Casey was broke af when he was in his 20s, now in his late 30s (he's not even 40 yet, is he?) he finally has the wealth and freedom he wants, more power to him if he still has a young mentality at heart.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

Dobrica wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:18 am
Lolokwow wrote:
They're too old to still be so flighty with their lives. Two 40 years continuously trying to live like they did in their 20s.
No, they aren't. Just because they're 40 doesn't mean they can't still live a chaotic, exciting life if that's what they're into. If anything, I respect people who get older physically but not mentally. They are both wealthy enough to be doing it, and have enough free time, why not? Should they just sit in a house all alone like an actually elderly couple?

Also, they're 40, not 60. Casey was broke af when he was in his 20s, now in his late 30s (he's not even 40 yet, is he?) he finally has the wealth and freedom he wants, more power to him if he still has a young mentality at heart.
He also has two young children who need stability... You said it yourself, it's chaotic, and sure if that's their choice cool, but based off how they've talked in their podcast and videos, both of their flight-y ness has wrecked havoc on their relationship. Remember when Casey was at his peak and would hang out with youtubers a decade younger than him, jet setting all over the world and partying with girls instead of being a father and a husband? Or how after decades of living in NYC, Candice suddenly just didn't want to be there, moved to LA, and now is moving again, despite the fact that Casey was fine in NYC. Casey jumping from business venture to business venture, none of which have been successful (but he lucked out in a ~$50 million buyout thanks to his social media clout). Having more children even though neither one of them really seems to love the idea of being a parent to young babies...I could go on. These are all choices they made, that they talk about in length as straining their relationship.

As for money, Casey and Candice were living very comfortably in New York even before the vlogs started, traveled and partied a bunch, and lived pretty good "20s" and "30s" even if they weren't millionaires, so yeah it's kinda sad that still at 40 they cant get over the fact that they aren't two 20 year olds with no responsibilities or structure. Slightly off topic, but I posted this in the last thread about Casey's "rough upbringing" and I still stand by it 100%:

"I am so tired of hearing Casey's sob life story which is only a sob story bc of the choices HE made in life. Shit happens to everyone but Casey made the decisions to "not agree with authority" in school, knock up his girlfriend, drop out instead of finishing school, etc. casey's sob story is not a rags to riches story bc life happened to him and he overcame it. it's a "I fucked up a lot but then I decided to just stop fucking up and it was ok again" story. It's not like he grew up poverty stricken, in an abusive household, with a disability, etc. Had Casey not made a lot of the decisions he made in life he still would very likely be in the same position he is in today in terms of being successful and having a stable life. Maybe not a millionaire but still well off enough to not struggle (also his wife comes from money). So no Casey, I don't feel bad for the "hard life" you had. Casey should also acknowledge the a large reason he's where he is with filmmaking is bc of networking. Almost all of his gigs, especially in the beginning were due to networking and already having connections and not necessarily bc he makes the most unique and captivating films. Networking is Casey's biggest asset. it's a skill not many possess or feel comfortable doing but he excels at that and has used it to his benefit, I wonder why he never offers that little tid bit of advice in his videos..."

ziggy777
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ziggy777 »

I think that they moved to LA with the best intentions, thinking it would be forever. Casey is rich, but he's not Oprah rich. He wouldn't have spent 4M on a house to stay in it for a year. That house/neighborhood did not work out, and it was serious enough for them to dump it back on the market so quickly.

They probably need to buy a big house somewhere in a suburb outside of any big city and just be happy. They clearly like having a lot of cars and a pool and outdoor space. But I think they are so beholden to their images of themselves as city dwellers that they won't do that. I'm not sure they can go back to NYC and be happy again either.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Candice has always struck me as a "I hate my life everything is miserable" type of woman and someone who always brings the mood down with her resting bitch face. Honestly, I don't think this is a healthy way to live at all. Casey is the opposite, someone who is always generally happy and upbeat. I don't know how they can stand each other, they are basically polar opposites.

Fifi_dear
Informer
Informer

Post by Fifi_dear »

I think it's because Candice has money and connections. Casey always had the goal of "making it" and when he met her, he realised that she was a very valuable asset and short-cut into the upper class of NYC. I also think a lot of rich guys from her own circle probably had no interest in putting up with her shit, while Casey had nothing to lose and everything to win by worshipping her. He often mentioned how she kept him at an arm's length when they first met, because surely she didn't want to seriously date someone as "poor" as Casey. Nevertheless, hanging out with him was useful for her to show her own crowd how rebellious and "different" she was. Casey would worship her even in moments of her worst behaviour (like when she destroyed a hotel's lamps on an entire floor for fun) and I suppose she realised that she wouldn't be enabled /unchallenged like that with a wealthy guy, who'd have more options. Casey probably realised that enabling her was a small price to pay for the social climb he was getting in return. I'm not sure if/how much they both realise that they are using each other. Maybe they honestly mistake this for love?

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

Fifi_dear wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:51 am
I think it's because Candice has money and connections. Casey always had the goal of "making it" and when he met her, he realised that she was a very valuable asset and short-cut into the upper class of NYC. I also think a lot of rich guys from her own circle probably had no interest in putting up with her shit, while Casey had nothing to lose and everything to win by worshipping her. He often mentioned how she kept him at an arm's length when they first met, because surely she didn't want to seriously date someone as "poor" as Casey. Nevertheless, hanging out with him was useful for her to show her own crowd how rebellious and "different" she was. Casey would worship her even in moments of her worst behaviour (like when she destroyed a hotel's lamps on an entire floor for fun) and I suppose she realised that she wouldn't be enabled /unchallenged like that with a wealthy guy, who'd have more options. Casey probably realised that enabling her was a small price to pay for the social climb he was getting in return. I'm not sure if/how much they both realise that they are using each other. Maybe they honestly mistake this for love?
It also doesn’t hurt that both of them are two Butter Faces, even in their youth I don’t see them having too long of a line of admirers waiting to snatch them up

Fifi_dear
Informer
Informer

Post by Fifi_dear »

I didn't want to say it lol

Sweetcream
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sweetcream »

Hello dead thread! Casey tweeted “2021 will be the last year of my life NOT living in NYC”

Wonder if it will be permanent or like a “vacation” place.

Return to “Casey Neistat”